PDA

View Full Version : Glass half full or half empty?

1965southpaw
10-14-2017, 02:07 PM
Hmm....not sure this means much re Andrew's game readiness. After all Brian Hoyer had his way with our Colts defense.

http://www.espn.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/21733/andrew-luck-made-colts-defense-look-silly-while-running-scout-team-offense

1965southpaw
10-14-2017, 02:46 PM
Here's good update on Lucks progress. Also re Geathers status.

Clayton Geathers, a projected starter at safety, could start practicing next week after spending all season on the physically unable to perform list with a neck injury.

https://sports.yahoo.com/without-luck-colts-still-themselves-afc-south-chase-181312536--nfl.html

Hoopsdoc
10-14-2017, 03:40 PM
Here's good update on Lucks progress. Also re Geathers status.

Clayton Geathers, a projected starter at safety, could start practicing next week after spending all season on the physically unable to perform list with a neck injury.

https://sports.yahoo.com/without-luck-colts-still-themselves-afc-south-chase-181312536--nfl.html

Hope I'm wrong but I just don't see Geathers ever staying healthy. Head/neck issues for a hard hitting safety like him is an ominous development.

Just look at Kuechly in Carolina. He made it 5 games this year after missing 15 last year before getting yet another concussion.

Butter
10-14-2017, 08:41 PM
Hope I'm wrong but I just don't see Geathers ever staying healthy. Head/neck issues for a hard hitting safety like him is an ominous development.

Just look at Kuechly in Carolina. He made it 5 games this year after missing 15 last year before getting yet another concussion.

I have had those thoughts as well. Sucks looks like he could be a solid piece of a good Defense.

DrSpaceman
10-15-2017, 09:14 AM
Hmm....not sure this means much re Andrew's game readiness. After all Brian Hoyer had his way with our Colts defense.

http://www.espn.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/21733/andrew-luck-made-colts-defense-look-silly-while-running-scout-team-offense

I had the exact same reaction

At least we know Luck can throw and run a team, at least in practice. Wouldn't take much more out of it than that

Dam8610
10-15-2017, 03:37 PM
Isn't scout team work supposed to be his last step before returning to games?

omahacolt
10-15-2017, 06:18 PM
Isn't scout team work supposed to be his last step before returning to games?

I would imagine practicing with the first string would be the last step. But then again I don't live in your weird reality

Dam8610
10-15-2017, 06:39 PM
I would imagine practicing with the first string would be the last step. But then again I don't live in your weird reality

Practicing with first team and game action should logically happen in the same week.

Puck
10-15-2017, 06:46 PM
Of course luck made our defense look silly. He was running the Tennessee offense. Which is way better than anything Chud can do

Luck4Reich
10-16-2017, 03:12 AM
I guess we will see another 45+ dropped on us. Another Pagano blowout.

DrSpaceman
10-16-2017, 08:15 AM
As bad as things have gone, if the Colts manage to beat Tenn, they will be tied for the division lead with Luck I am assuming coming back in the next 1-2 weeks

Dam8610
10-16-2017, 11:20 AM
As bad as things have gone, if the Colts manage to beat Tenn, they will be tied for the division lead with Luck I am assuming coming back in the next 1-2 weeks

Everyone seems to be losing sight of this.

HoosierinFL
10-16-2017, 12:01 PM

just because the rest of the division sucks doesn't mean we have to be OK with sucking too.

DrSpaceman
10-16-2017, 02:18 PM
just because the rest of the division sucks doesn't mean we have to be OK with sucking too.

Oh I agree. Just squeeking by to win the worst division should not be the goal.

But a division title is still a reasonable goal at this point. That's about the best I think this team can hope for this year.

They would be promptly smashed in the playoffs, against a real team and a real coach

1965southpaw
10-16-2017, 03:27 PM
Oh I agree. Just squeeking by to win the worst division should not be the goal.

But a division title is still a reasonable goal at this point. That's about the best I think this team can hope for this year.

They would be promptly smashed in the playoffs, against a real team and a real coach

I've given up predicting anything this season....either for the colts or anyone else. Not sure if it's just me but I feel like I'm in blizzaro world this season where the jags may be good and the pats may be bad. And just when you think KC or the Raiders have it together they implode.....then it seems like the ingury bug is more acute this year and I just don't know what to expect. In a way it's liberating to release all expectations and just go along for the ride......unless you bet on the games (and I don't).

Puck
10-16-2017, 08:15 PM

You forgot to say in spite of Pagano