PDA

View Full Version : Redmond waived

Brylok
10-06-2017, 01:40 PM
...and TE Krieger-Coble signed.
I wonder why Redmond was waived? Given the circumstances, I thought he did a decent job in the SEA game. It's almost as if Chuck and company are just making it up as they go.

FatDT
10-06-2017, 01:57 PM
Ballard would've had to agree to waive him.

That said I don't have confidence our coaching staff understand what they're seeing when they watch our OL play.

1965southpaw
10-06-2017, 01:58 PM
Jack Doyle is not playing Sunday as he is still in concussion protocol. I guess Redmond was waived to make space for the new tight end but I agree seems a bit risky. Maybe one of the other oline men are practicing at center in the event Kelly gets re-injured?

HoosierinFL
10-06-2017, 02:47 PM
Jack Doyle is not playing Sunday as he is still in concussion protocol. I guess Redmond was waived to make space for the new tight end but I agree seems a bit risky. Maybe one of the other oline men are practicing at center in the event Kelly gets re-injured?

yea, I mean - who else can play center?!

Spike
10-06-2017, 02:57 PM
yea, I mean - who else can play center?!

Mike Person, whoever the hell that is.

http://www.colts.com/team/roster/Mike-Person/c009484a-52ab-4a74-a729-e59b1efde7c8

1965southpaw
10-06-2017, 03:00 PM
I wonder if Jeff Saturday came to town for the festivities. Maybe he can take a squat if needed for old times sake. :eek:

1965southpaw
10-06-2017, 03:06 PM
Mike Person, whoever the hell that is.

http://www.colts.com/team/roster/Mike-Person/c009484a-52ab-4a74-a729-e59b1efde7c8

Missed seeing this signing. I'd venture a guess that Colts are number one in the league on roster churn this season. :cool:

Dam8610
10-06-2017, 03:07 PM
One thing I liked about Ballard was that he wasn't constantly churning the bottom of the roster. This move makes no sense after he performed well in a pressure packed situation in Seattle and Bond went to IR. At least Kelly is back, hopefully he stabilizes the OL.

1965southpaw
10-06-2017, 04:12 PM
In addition to Doyle, Hairston is out with a quad, which sucks but Mack is back and perhaps Chester Rodgers who has been a no show all season so far........

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Jack-Doyle-Nate-Hairston-Out-Against-49ers/07b4a31f-1f8c-47e2-8aa4-273fc1aedf48?sf119725649=1

omahacolt
10-06-2017, 04:22 PM
One thing I liked about Ballard was that he wasn't constantly churning the bottom of the roster. This move makes no sense after he performed well in a pressure packed situation in Seattle and Bond went to IR. At least Kelly is back, hopefully he stabilizes the OL.

do you think the coaches wanted a different center or do you think ballard is going solo on this?

Dam8610
10-06-2017, 04:48 PM
do you think the coaches wanted a different center or do you think ballard is going solo on this?

He performed admirably in a hostile environment, doesn't make sense that the coaching staff would want rid of him.

omahacolt
10-06-2017, 05:02 PM
He performed admirably in a hostile environment, doesn't make sense that the coaching staff would want rid of him.

but it makes sense that the gm would see the same thing and shitcan the kid without the coaches consent? that is what makes the most sense to you?

oh and the coaches started green at cb this year after playing cb for like 2 weeks. so there is always that. do you really think this staff knows what the fuck they are doing?

Dam8610
10-06-2017, 05:21 PM
but it makes sense that the gm would see the same thing and shitcan the kid without the coaches consent? that is what makes the most sense to you?

oh and the coaches started green at cb this year after playing cb for like 2 weeks. so there is always that. do you really think this staff knows what the fuck they are doing?

What makes the most sense to me is that the GM thought he needed another TE more than he needed another OG, especially since he signed a backup OC earlier in the week. Also, Ballard talked about Green at corner for a chunk of the offseason and preseason.

omahacolt
10-06-2017, 06:55 PM
What makes the most sense to me is that the GM thought he needed another TE more than he needed another OG, especially since he signed a backup OC earlier in the week. Also, Ballard talked about Green at corner for a chunk of the offseason and preseason.

if the coaches liked redmond so much, they wouldn't have brought in another center, you circle talking twat