PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the memories

1965southpaw
10-04-2017, 11:52 AM
Since week 5 is honoring Peyton's legacy I thought we should have a thread to recollect the highlights and lowlights.....if this thread doesn't belong here feel free to move it......

My top two highlights......will never forget, remember exactly where I was at and who I was with and can feel the euphoria every time I think about it
1. 2006 AFCCG vs Patsys......I was hostessing a big party at my home in Indy and as many have said that was really our Super Bowl victory
2. Vs Tampa come from behind victory where Peyton showcased what he can do with a ball and a couple of minutes. This was Dungy's redemption as well and shut up a lot of talking heads at ESPN. I was alone for that game so that was a bit of a bummer that I didn't have anyone to share it with

Lowlights.....
1. 2005 AFCCG vs Stillers. I was at that game with my family. I just remember how quiet the Hoosier dome was as we all sat there in stunned silence and watched a team that had been so dominant all season come completely unraveled. When Big Ben tackled Nick Harper it seemed like it was all happening in very slow motion. It still sucks.........
2. 2009 Super Bowl....
Watching Hank Baskett miss an onside kick that hit him between the numbers. I was living in Jax at the time and was surrounded by Jags and Saints fans who couldn't seems to understand why I couldn't feel happy that the people of New Orleans deserved the victory on account of Katrina.....fucking idiots.

testcase448
10-04-2017, 01:04 PM
Since week 5 is honoring Peyton's legacy I thought we should have a thread to recollect the highlights and lowlights.....if this thread doesn't belong here feel free to move it......

My top two highlights......will never forget, remember exactly where I was at and who I was with and can feel the euphoria every time I think about it
1. 2006 AFCCG vs Patsys......I was hostessing a big party at my home in Indy and as many have said that was really our Super Bowl victory
2. Vs Tampa come from behind victory where Peyton showcased what he can do with a ball and a couple of minutes. This was Dungy's redemption as well and shut up a lot of talking heads at ESPN. I was alone for that game so that was a bit of a bummer that I didn't have anyone to share it with

Lowlights.....
1. 2005 AFCCG vs Stillers. I was at that game with my family. I just remember how quiet the Hoosier dome was as we all sat there in stunned silence and watched a team that had been so dominant all season come completely unraveled. When Big Ben tackled Nick Harper it seemed like it was all happening in very slow motion. It still sucks.........
2. 2009 Super Bowl....
Watching Hank Baskett miss an onside kick that hit him between the numbers. I was living in Jax at the time and was surrounded by Jags and Saints fans who couldn't seems to understand why I couldn't feel happy that the people of New Orleans deserved the victory on account of Katrina.....fucking idiots.

Highlights... to Numerous to mention but Super Bowl win for Indy...

Low-lights... the Kick off return we gave up to the Jets after Peyton gave us the lead in his last playoff game. How the f... does that happen?

Coltsalr
10-04-2017, 01:45 PM
Highlights... to Numerous to mention but Super Bowl win for Indy...

Low-lights... the Kick off return we gave up to the Jets after Peyton gave us the lead in his last playoff game. How the f... does that happen?

Jim Caldwell happened.

I agree, I never got over that that was our final memory of him in a Colts uniform. Well, until my avatar happened.

dwilli57
10-04-2017, 06:17 PM
Highlights:
1. Was in Indy for the Do-It-Best Hardware show and went to a game I think was a Sunday night. I was in nosebleed section with clients and after halftime I headed to empty season ticket seats; got bumped twice before I ended up in about row 5 at the 45 and watched (in line with) Peyton throw his 100th TD pass to Marvin in the corner.
2. New Brunswick Canada on a fishing trip the night Peyton brought them back against Tampa Bay. I think it finished at close to 1:00 am Atlantic time.
3. All the games where we had the confidence He could perform. He was so in control and I still think while he may not be the best performing QB he was the smartest guy under center and a thrill to watch.

Lowlights: none really, except the day he left Indy.

ChoppedWood
10-04-2017, 08:01 PM
Green Bay shootout with BF. Just a tremendous thing to take in- those two put on a spectacular display.

The throw in the 2006 AFCC where he threw that out to Fletcher- to me that is legitimately the best pass in NFL history. Every possible negative factor ever in play right there and he throws a blind pass to a spot where he just knows his TE, his backup TE, will be when he turns out. Just remarkable.

The fake spike like 80 yard sprint- even though they took it away- that was just awesome watching his awkward ass running for glory.

testcase448
10-04-2017, 08:20 PM
Jim Caldwell happened.

Now Pagano...

We are cursed

Racehorse
10-04-2017, 09:03 PM
I am glad you mentioned the MNF game where he got 4 TDs very late to win the game that was supposedly already over.

That game was a classic...that I missed because I also thought it was over and went to bed. Woke up and didn't believe what I heard about us winning. Had to turn on SportsCenter to see if it were true.

Dam8610
10-04-2017, 09:19 PM
I was at the 2006 AFC Championship Game. The two loudest noises I've ever heard were the roar after Addai scored the game winning TD and the roar after Marlin Jackson grabbed the game clinching INT. Peyton was masterful on that final drive, he marched them down the field almost too quickly. The moment I knew they were winning it was Reggie's air fumble and subsequent self-recovery. I remember that second of real time seemingly lasting 15 minutes, the ball seemingly freezing at its highpoint in the air, and Reggie fighting off three Cheaters to get the ball back, and he was the only Colt who could have. The funny thing about that sequence is its irrelevance, as Tully Banta-Cain was called for roughing the passer on the play. Then The Block happened, Saturday laid Wilfork out and created a running lane for Addai that he could've driven a Mack truck through. That moment was such a great moment, because the Cheaters were down 4 and Tommy Boy needed a TD drive to win the game, something he'd never done in the postseason before. Then the interception happened, and simultaneously 60,000+ of us jumped and screamed and celebrated. I remember being one of the last people to leave the stadium and walking out into the second craziest downtown Indianapolis I've ever seen. That was, by far, my favorite game and memory of the Peyton Manning era.

ChoppedWood
10-04-2017, 09:22 PM
I was at the 2006 AFC Championship Game. The two loudest noises I've ever heard were the roar after Addai scored the game winning TD and the roar after Marlin Jackson grabbed the game clinching INT. Peyton was masterful on that final drive, he marched them down the field almost too quickly. The moment I knew they were winning it was Reggie's air fumble and subsequent self-recovery. I remember that second of real time seemingly lasting 15 minutes, the ball seemingly freezing at its highpoint in the air, and Reggie fighting off three Cheaters to get the ball back, and he was the only Colt who could have. The funny thing about that sequence is its irrelevance, as Tully Banta-Cain was called for roughing the passer on the play. Then The Block happened, Saturday laid Wilfork out and created a running lane for Addai that he could've driven a Mack truck through. That moment was such a great moment, because the Cheaters were down 4 and Tommy Boy needed a TD drive to win the game, something he'd never done in the postseason before. Then the interception happened, and simultaneously 60,000+ of us jumped and screamed and celebrated. I remember being one of the last people to leave the stadium and walking out into the second craziest downtown Indianapolis I've ever seen. That was, by far, my favorite game and memory of the Peyton Manning era.

Yep!

1965southpaw
10-04-2017, 09:37 PM

As the crowd was roaring Lamey was screaming: we're going to the Super Bowl! We're going to the Super Bowl! Can you believe it!

Discflinger
10-04-2017, 10:56 PM
Good memories. The one I will add was 2001, I believe, where he broke his chin and played through it. Also, I think that was the same game where he faked spiking the ball, ran for a first down and got called back because he even faked out the refs.

1965southpaw
10-04-2017, 11:23 PM
Good memories. The one I will add was 2001, I believe, where he broke his chin and played through it. Also, I think that was the same game where he faked spiking the ball, ran for a first down and got called back because he even faked out the refs.

And a new commercial was born........just rub some dirt on it. :)

VeveJones007
10-04-2017, 11:27 PM
So many good ones already said, so I'll just add a few more new ones.

1) 2009 comeback vs the Pats at LOS. The 4th and 2 game.
2) It was either 09 or 2010 in Oakland. Peyton sealed the game on a naked bootleg that he did on his own.
3) One of his first commercials. It was for a football game for Xbox and he was listening to a tape recording and trying to learn to trash talk. It turned out he wanted to learn so he could talk trash when playing online.
4) His throw to Clark to effectively seal the AFCDG against the Ravens. Ray Lewis called it the best throw he ever saw.

1965southpaw
10-04-2017, 11:36 PM
So many good ones already said, so I'll just add a few more new ones.

1) 2007 comeback vs the Pats at LOS. The 4th and 2 game.
2) It was either 07 or 08 in Oakland. Peyton sealed the game on a naked bootleg that he did on his own.
3) One of his first commercials. It was for a football game for Xbox and he was listening to a tape recording and trying to learn to trash talk. It turned out he wanted to learn so he could talk trash when playing online.

This reminds me...JMV and Mike Chappel were talking today and reaffirming their belief that Peyton will eventually come back in a senior leadership role in the front office but he feels he's just not prepared yet and isn't willing to assume a role he's not prepared for....In the meantime he's doing work to learn the biz to get ready .JUst another example where when he does something he wants to do it to the best of his ability.

JMV is having him on his show tomorrow at 5pm if anyone wants to catch it.

Colts And Orioles
10-05-2017, 10:55 AM
o

In my rat's ass of an opinion, the following was both a highlight and a lowlight in Manning's Colts tenure ........

The Colts starting the 2011 season at 0-13 and finishing it at 2-14 without Manning.

If you want to know how valuable a player is to his team, take him off of the team and see how they fare without him. That provision was on blatant display in that disastrous 2011 season.

The 2008 Patriots, on the other hand, went 11-5 without Tom Brady. The following season, the 2009 Patriots went 10-6 with him back behind the center.

Manning could almost singlehandedly carry an average (or even a below average) team into playoff contention year after year. Brady might have been able to do the same if he had to, but he was never put in that position.

o

rcubed
10-05-2017, 11:49 AM
This reminds me...JMV and Mike Chappel were talking today and reaffirming their belief that Peyton will eventually come back in a senior leadership role in the front office but he feels he's just not prepared yet and isn't willing to assume a role he's not prepared for....In the meantime he's doing work to learn the biz to get ready .JUst another example where when he does something he wants to do it to the best of his ability.

JMV is having him on his show tomorrow at 5pm if anyone wants to catch it.
Here is an article with Manning saying he would be interested in a front office position but not right now. He is enjoying be a dad and knows being a GM will require so much of his time.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/04/peyton-manning-nfl-retirement-peter-king-mmqb-podcast-interview

Hoopsdoc
10-05-2017, 08:02 PM

Saturday flattening Fatfork is one of my all time favorite colts memories.

Pez
10-06-2017, 11:06 AM
2001 Manning > Edge > Manning > Pathon fleaflicker for a TD....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X19WSqBWfeA

The McAfee self-recover from 2014 and the 2001 Manning - Dilger Harrison TD are here also.

1965southpaw
10-06-2017, 11:23 AM
2001 Manning > Edge > Manning > Pathon fleaflixker for a TD....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X19WSqBWfeA

The McAfee self-recover from 2014 and the 2001 Manning - Dilger Harrison TD are here also.

Ha ha forgot about McAfee recovering his own onside kick! Good ones

DrSpaceman
10-06-2017, 12:24 PM
I paid $800 for a single ticket and drove 600 miles each way to go to the AFC championship game.

Best bargain ever for a ticket. Worth every penny.

The "4th and two" game against the Pats. Preserved what should have been a perfect regular season.

Manning-Harrison breaking the TD combo record and afterward handing the ball back and forth to each other, trying to decide who gets to keep it.

The KC playoff game in 2004.

"His" first playoff win against Denver. The Broncos had just crushed the Colts a few weeks before at the end of the regular season and most felt the same would happen in the playoffs. But the Broncos forgot you have to actually play the game again

Then Denver acquires Champ Bailey thinking he will be the difference the next year. He was the difference!! They only lost that one by 25 points. Though the still gave up 49 to the Colts.

DrSpaceman
10-06-2017, 12:26 PM
And its not really a Manning memory directly, and it happened in a bad year, but we can all laugh about it and quote it now :

"Playoffs!!!!! The Playoffs!!!......"

1965southpaw
10-06-2017, 12:37 PM
And its not really a Manning memory directly, and it happened in a bad year, but we can all laugh about it and quote it now :

"Playoffs!!!!! The Playoffs!!!......"

We're just trying to win a freaking game!

apballin
10-06-2017, 08:14 PM
Games I attended that will always stick out

1. The 4th and 2 game vs the Pats, just remember the Joy of having a bitchass Pats fan sitting behind me the entire game with a dusty Moss jersey on talking shit the entire game and standing and waving as fans left thinking it was over. Not me, was there with my Brother talking shit right back- I remember telling him "It's okay you don't go no fucking where this shit ain't over we got 18 motherfucker" at the end he was actually cool about it he shook me and my brother's hand and said good game y'all deserved it

2. The piped noise game vs the Steelers-- this one I will never forget because their we're so many fucking Steelers fans at that game it just pissed me the fuck off. Waving they're fucking rags and yelling they're bullshit chant they were so hyped up before the game and I think the Colts fans that were there took it as a challenge to see all those fucks in our house! Then it happened. . . . Right at the beginning of the game . . .Play action 18 deep to 88 SIT THE FUCK DOWN MOTHERFUCKERS!!!! the rest of the game was a blur I just remember it was loud as fuck and I remember Bob Sanders flinging Willie Parker like a ragdoll allnight long

Gimmick
10-07-2017, 10:57 AM
1998: There were a lot of games where the Colts jumped out to big leads against good teams only to blow it and lose by the end of the game. I've seen the SF game on NFL Network a couple times, but there was also the Atlanta game in Atlanta and they went to the Super Bowl that year. As Eric Allen said early in Peyton's career, he would score 20-something points in the first half, but the defense would figure out all his audibles by halftime and the Colts did squat the rest of the game. Lots of examples that year. But there were other moments to remember to: Peyton's first long bomb down the middle into Miami territory Week #1. The pick-6 he threw to end the game. The comeback against the Jests. And the Sunday night game at New England, where the Colts got blown out but the hype was pretty big because he was the #1 pick making his national TV debut. Even down 31-3 or whatever the announcers were still like damn this guy is going to be good.

1999: I remember watching in the preseason and thinking that was the time to buy season tickets. These guys are going to be good for a long time. I remember Peyton trucking someone to score a TD @ San Diego. He just fell to the ground like a girl all the time later in his career but damn at least in the beginning he was tough and would not be denied. Then I was at the Bengals game and saw him throw a 60-yard TD to Marvin and that was the first Peyton Manning touchdown pass I ever saw. Beautiful.

2000: His first career playoff touchdown pass. Peyton put the Colts in position to win the game, and as would often be the case in his career both here in Indianapolis and Denver, his defense/special teams/coaching let him down.

2001: Colts played in New York less than 2 days before the Sept. 11 attacks and destroyed the Jests. Games got cancelled the next week and then Peyton put up almost 50 again by third quarter in the home opener vs. the Bills. It was like a long TD pass every play that game. Super Bowl here we come. But then we lost damn near every game the rest of the year starting with the Cheaters....but what I'll remember the most about that year that most people forget is Peyton's fake spike 40-yard TD run right before halftime at New Orleans. Guys all run up to the line and Peyton fake spikes it and then takes off even fooling the TV cameras. He runs 40 yards for a TD but some asshole ref blew a whistle. The refs huddled and talked it over and called a make-believe penalty on the Saints as a makeup call to put us in field goal range but damn that was the best that never was.

2002: Idiot liquored up kicker. Fuck that Vandershank guy.

2003: The Tampa Bay comeback. The K.C. Masterpiece and first playoff wins. First championship game. Then #18 got a big head and thought he could win the game all by himself and threw a billion interceptions against the Patriots. Gotta learn, son.

2004: The record-breaking TD pass to Brandon Stokely. And like that damn troll's name from the old IndyStar Forums: 3-effin points.

2005: Peyton handing the ball off and throwing short against Cover 11 defenses week after week. Blowout after blowout after blowout. The loss at home to the Chargers ending the undefeated season bid. And of course, the fuckhead Vandershank missing another fucking kick.

2006: The Denver game and listening to "International Statement" on ESPN Primetime while the highlights played. That Gregg Williams fucker sending his hitman to break Peyton's neck in the Redskins game. The comeback against the Patriots in the Championship Game. The way he outsmarted Belichick and told him to suck his ****ing cock by handing the ball off to Addai on 3rd and goal. The TD pass to Reggie in the Super Bowl. And hoisting the Lombardi Trophy in the Miami purple rain.

2007: In my opinion the best of all the Colts teams that just got worn down by injuries and defending their title. If the Colts couldn't win it all again, then watching Peyton celebrate his little brother beating the Cheaters and sending all of their 19-0 t-shirts to poor African kids in Zimbabwe was the next best thing.

2008: The comeback at Houston, including Rosen-copter. But then in the playoffs at San Diego, after all the years bitching about the defense and special teams, all Peyton and the O have to do is convert a 3rd and short at the 2:00 warning to clinch the game. Nope. Put all your money on one side of the ball and you can't convert? Sometimes the blame was on Peyton and the O.

2009: I had followed the Colts for 15 years+ at that point and believed they were going to win every one of those games. As optimistic and non-jaded a fan as you could be, believe it or not. Then they fucking quit on the undefeated season like coward pussies. I'm sure it wasn't Peyton's call but all I can remember from that season is Peyton and the other starters, might as well have been shaking their heads on the sideline when they were pulled in the Jets game. Was like a stab in the heart for this Colts fan and never forgotten. The lazy go-through-the-motions do-what-we-do team deserved to lose to the gambling, take-life-by-the-throat New Orleans Saints in Super Bowl 44.

2010: The same shit that happened all the time at the end of Peyton's Indy career. Getting stabbed in the back by Caldwell and Polian. Seeing his last game end with him on the sidelines shaking his head out how stupid is idiot coach was who couldn't even figure out basic timeout strategy. Here, let me call a timeout for the other team so they can win the game....

Well, those are my memories. They were mostly good and some bad. Should have been more championships but I'm thankful for the one we got. Thanks Peyton.

1965southpaw
10-07-2017, 12:01 PM
1998: There were a lot of games where the Colts jumped out to big leads against good teams only to blow it and lose by the end of the game. I've seen the SF game on NFL Network a couple times, but there was also the Atlanta game in Atlanta and they went to the Super Bowl that year. As Eric Allen said early in Peyton's career, he would score 20-something points in the first half, but the defense would figure out all his audibles by halftime and the Colts did squat the rest of the game. Lots of examples that year. But there were other moments to remember to: Peyton's first long bomb down the middle into Miami territory Week #1. The pick-6 he threw to end the game. The comeback against the Jests. And the Sunday night game at New England, where the Colts got blown out but the hype was pretty big because he was the #1 pick making his national TV debut. Even down 31-3 or whatever the announcers were still like damn this guy is going to be good.

1999: I remember watching in the preseason and thinking that was the time to buy season tickets. These guys are going to be good for a long time. I remember Peyton trucking someone to score a TD @ San Diego. He just fell to the ground like a girl all the time later in his career but damn at least in the beginning he was tough and would not be denied. Then I was at the Bengals game and saw him throw a 60-yard TD to Marvin and that was the first Peyton Manning touchdown pass I ever saw. Beautiful.

2000: His first career playoff touchdown pass. Peyton put the Colts in position to win the game, and as would often be the case in his career both here in Indianapolis and Denver, his defense/special teams/coaching let him down.

2001: Colts played in New York less than 2 days before the Sept. 11 attacks and destroyed the Jests. Games got cancelled the next week and then Peyton put up almost 50 again by third quarter in the home opener vs. the Bills. It was like a long TD pass every play that game. Super Bowl here we come. But then we lost damn near every game the rest of the year starting with the Cheaters....but what I'll remember the most about that year that most people forget is Peyton's fake spike 40-yard TD run right before halftime at New Orleans. Guys all run up to the line and Peyton fake spikes it and then takes off even fooling the TV cameras. He runs 40 yards for a TD but some asshole ref blew a whistle. The refs huddled and talked it over and called a make-believe penalty on the Saints as a makeup call to put us in field goal range but damn that was the best that never was.

2002: Idiot liquored up kicker. Fuck that Vandershank guy.

2003: The Tampa Bay comeback. The K.C. Masterpiece and first playoff wins. First championship game. Then #18 got a big head and thought he could win the game all by himself and threw a billion interceptions against the Patriots. Gotta learn, son.

2004: The record-breaking TD pass to Brandon Stokely. And like that damn troll's name from the old IndyStar Forums: 3-effin points.

2005: Peyton handing the ball off and throwing short against Cover 11 defenses week after week. Blowout after blowout after blowout. The loss at home to the Chargers ending the undefeated season bid. And of course, the fuckhead Vandershank missing another fucking kick.

2006: The Denver game and listening to "International Statement" on ESPN Primetime while the highlights played. That Gregg Williams fucker sending his hitman to break Peyton's neck in the Redskins game. The comeback against the Patriots in the Championship Game. The way he outsmarted Belichick and told him to suck his ****ing cock by handing the ball off to Addai on 3rd and goal. The TD pass to Reggie in the Super Bowl. And hoisting the Lombardi Trophy in the Miami purple rain.

2007: In my opinion the best of all the Colts teams that just got worn down by injuries and defending their title. If the Colts couldn't win it all again, then watching Peyton celebrate his little brother beating the Cheaters and sending all of their 19-0 t-shirts to poor African kids in Zimbabwe was the next best thing.

2008: The comeback at Houston, including Rosen-copter. But then in the playoffs at San Diego, after all the years bitching about the defense and special teams, all Peyton and the O have to do is convert a 3rd and short at the 2:00 warning to clinch the game. Nope. Put all your money on one side of the ball and you can't convert? Sometimes the blame was on Peyton and the O.

2009: I had followed the Colts for 15 years+ at that point and believed they were going to win every one of those games. As optimistic and non-jaded a fan as you could be, believe it or not. Then they fucking quit on the undefeated season like coward pussies. I'm sure it wasn't Peyton's call but all I can remember from that season is Peyton and the other starters, might as well have been shaking their heads on the sideline when they were pulled in the Jets game. Was like a stab in the heart for this Colts fan and never forgotten. The lazy go-through-the-motions do-what-we-do team deserved to lose to the gambling, take-life-by-the-throat New Orleans Saints in Super Bowl 44.

2010: The same shit that happened all the time at the end of Peyton's Indy career. Getting stabbed in the back by Caldwell and Polian. Seeing his last game end with him on the sidelines shaking his head out how stupid is idiot coach was who couldn't even figure out basic timeout strategy. Here, let me call a timeout for the other team so they can win the game....

Well, those are my memories. They were mostly good and some bad. Should have been more championships but I'm thankful for the one we got. Thanks Peyton.

That was epic! So many memories that I had forgotten. Thank you!

1965southpaw
10-07-2017, 12:55 PM
http://coltswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/06/indianapolis-colts-peyton-manning-thank-you-letter-statue-ring-of-honor/

Dear Colts fans,

It was a tremendous honor to be your quarterback for 14 years. Together, we shared amazing moments and achieved extraordinary milestones. Every step of the way, you believed in me and embraced me.

Your passion for football, your team and its players and coaches is remarkable. The Horseshoe has forged a bond between us that can never be broken and a piece of my heart will always be here in Indiana.

Thank you for your unwavering support and for making my time in Indianapolis special.

Sincerely, Peyton.

1965southpaw
10-07-2017, 04:15 PM
Just watched the live stream of the unveiling ceremony......it was ok but a bit underwhelming. The highlight for me was Peyton flinging a dozen footballs into the crowd.....that would be a nice souvenir. The lowlight.....toss up between Irsay and Letterman. Irsay was lit and incoherent as usual. It's also clear he can barely move and is in a lot of pain....it's time for him to transition the business. Letterman looks like Bin Laden and his attempt at humor were painful to watch. Honestly Jeff Saturday was the best speaker (besides Peyton who is just a natural)....

apballin
10-07-2017, 05:13 PM
Just watched the live stream of the unveiling ceremony......it was ok but a bit underwhelming. The highlight for me was Peyton flinging a dozen footballs into the crowd.....that would be a nice souvenir. The lowlight.....toss up between Irsay and Letterman. Irsay was lit and incoherent as usual. It's also clear he can barely move and is in a lot of pain....it's time for him to transition the business. Letterman looks like Bin Laden and his attempt at humor were painful to watch. Honestly Jeff Saturday was the best speaker (besides Peyton who is just a natural)....

I was there it was cool in person, just reliving a lot of memories and speaking on what Manning has done for this city. 3$ beers was awesome as well

Spike
10-07-2017, 05:20 PM

For those who missed it, here is the link. I used the fast forward button quite a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvrT7LCM_Ik

Dam8610
10-07-2017, 07:01 PM
One of my favorite Peyton memories was also from 2006 when he had two (technically one) game winning TD drives. The Colts were at the Jets and Manning led what should've been a game winning TD drive. The Jets ran back the ensuing kickoff for a TD. So Manning gets the ball back with 2:15 left, marches the Colts right back down the field, and runs a QB sneak from the 1 yard line for what would become the game winning score. To me, that game represented Peyton Manning's ability to will a team to win more than any other game, because of the way he responded to having to go out and essentially win the game again. Most QBs would've folded under the pressure, Peyton calmly led an 80 yard drive in 85 seconds that suggested that he could do this as many times as he needed to to win the game. One of the many reasons I will always believe that the 2006 season was Peyton Manning's best as an NFL QB.