PDA

View Full Version : player availability updates

rcubed
10-03-2017, 11:58 AM
Bond out for season with torn quad. That sucks for him, he filled in better than any center grigson every brought in (minus kelly)

Doyle in concussion protocol

Luck to work in slowly to practice this week.

testcase448
10-03-2017, 12:42 PM
Bond out for season with torn quad. That sucks for him, he filled in better than any center grigson every brought in (minus kelly)

Doyle in concussion protocol

Luck to work in slowly to practice this week.

Luck back in time to have a third string center...:rolleyes:

rcubed
10-03-2017, 12:45 PM
Luck wont play in the game this week. Also, Kelly is supposed to be coming back, I forgot to add that.

testcase448
10-03-2017, 01:07 PM
Luck wont play in the game this week. Also, Kelly is supposed to be coming back, I forgot to add that.

Might keep Luck upright for a few snaps longer when he does come back

HoosierinFL
10-03-2017, 01:13 PM
Def too bad about Bond, dude could have easily been a starter for us in the pre-Kelly days, was better than *any* of the previous centers.
Heck I can't even complain much about Redmond, but it's good that Kelly is close to returning.
As I expected, Luck will practice a little this week, and then a lot more next week and return in Week 6. Omaha prev said Week 8. I hope it's not that long! We'll see.
I'm hoping that he's enough of a veteran at this point that he doesn't need a month of practice.

testcase448
10-04-2017, 12:58 PM
Def too bad about Bond, dude could have easily been a starter for us in the pre-Kelly days, was better than *any* of the previous centers.

That's a pretty low bar since Jeff Saturday

FatDT
10-04-2017, 04:06 PM
https://twitter.com/bkravitz/status/915614097957322758

Kelly will start on Sunday.

Butter
10-04-2017, 07:16 PM
https://twitter.com/bkravitz/status/915614097957322758

Kelly will start on Sunday.
That is some legit good news. I am excited to see how the line performs with him back the next few weeks vs without him. I have hopes that overall the blocking will be much improved.

FatDT
10-05-2017, 08:46 AM
That is some legit good news. I am excited to see how the line performs with him back the next few weeks vs without him. I have hopes that overall the blocking will be much improved.

I expect some rust physically, but mentally things should improve a lot. Brisset will probably benefit from having a better understanding of where pressure is coming from too. Kelly is a critical piece for this offense.

YDFL Commish
10-05-2017, 10:16 AM
Bond was ok in the run game and sub par as a pass blocker. Even a rusty Kelly should be a significant upgrade.

BTW, what is with Vujonvich and getting his feet tangled up with teammates? This happened with Brissett twice in week 3 and is what caused the injury to Bond last week.

FatDT
10-05-2017, 11:32 AM
Bond was ok in the run game and sub par as a pass blocker. Even a rusty Kelly should be a significant upgrade.

BTW, what is with Vujonvich and getting his feet tangled up with teammates? This happened with Brissett twice in week 3 and is what caused the injury to Bond last week.

Agreed, he should be an upgrade in all areas over Bond. 1st rounder in this 2nd year as a pro vs. an undrafted rookie, no contest.

And yeah. Get Vagovich out of there. He already ended one teammate's season.

With Kelly healthy, why not get back to the planned OL of Castonzo - Haeg - Kelly - Mewhort - Clark? I am not seeing what is so great about Haeg at RT or Vag in general.

rcubed
10-05-2017, 12:57 PM
according to colts.com, kelly will start on sunday. mack and walker returned to practice

VeveJones007
10-05-2017, 02:34 PM
Agreed, he should be an upgrade in all areas over Bond. 1st rounder in this 2nd year as a pro vs. an undrafted rookie, no contest.

With Kelly healthy, why not get back to the planned OL of Castonzo - Haeg - Kelly - Mewhort - Clark? I am not seeing what is so great about Haeg at RT or Vag in general.

What does that tell you about Clark?

FatDT
10-05-2017, 03:06 PM
What does that tell you about Clark?

It tells me either Clark has severely regressed or someone on the coaching staff is making a stupid decision.

Kray007
10-05-2017, 06:10 PM

What I want to know is just which genius decided to move Mewhort to the right side?

omahacolt
10-05-2017, 09:47 PM
What I want to know is just which genius decided to move Mewhort to the right side?

It is a good idea. Mewhort just isn't that good

YDFL Commish
10-05-2017, 10:49 PM
It is a good idea. Mewhort just isn't that good

Since the knee injury, no he's not been that good. Prior to the knee injury, I would say that he was better than average and trending up.

Racehorse
10-06-2017, 06:51 AM
It tells me either Clark has severely regressed or someone on the coaching staff is making a stupid decision.

Well, we know it is not the coaches. -Dam