PDA

View Full Version : Luck out vs Seattle....

Pez
09-27-2017, 12:26 PM
“Andrew is progressing well, getting stronger,” head coach Chuck Pagano said on Monday.

“There might be a chance, I’ll know more on Wednesday, that he might be able to start some practice this week. But I’m not guaranteeing (anything). When our doctors and our trainers tell him that he’s at a point where he can get back out there to practice, then I’ll be able to tell you for sure. But he’s doing well.”

He's missed all of training camp, all practices, and four games. The whole time he's been progressing well and getting stronger. It's staggering to me that Chuck really thinks there are people dumber than he is.

rcubed
09-27-2017, 01:34 PM
^^^ What do you want him to say?

Pez
09-27-2017, 01:46 PM
I would like him to say what he actually thinks. Maybe say specifically what his plan is, maybe say specifically what Luck is doing to rehab.

The most specific info we get on his opinion of Luck's return was before the Arizona game when Pags said he would be ruled out for week 2 but definitely would play this season. Somewhere between week 3 and 17.

He's vague, sometimes contradictory (in a vague way). Would the fallout be worse for him if he said, "I think he will be back by week 6?" than it is if he says he's "progressing, getting stronger, might practice?"

Maniac
09-27-2017, 02:08 PM
It's a surgery and rehab/recovery. It goes along at the pace that it needs to based on how well he's progressing or if he has any setbacks. There is no need to say "Luck will be back week 6" when he doesn't know. He has no idea if there will be setbacks or how each week will progress.

Why do you think that you need to be notified with some random guess or with info on what he's doing to rehab?

Pez
09-27-2017, 02:46 PM
It's a surgery and rehab/recovery. It goes along at the pace that it needs to based on how well he's progressing or if he has any setbacks. There is no need to say "Luck will be back week 6" when he doesn't know. He has no idea if there will be setbacks or how each week will progress.

Why do you think that you need to be notified with some random guess or with info on what he's doing to rehab?

Would Pagano present a better impression of himself if he stated some facts and gave his very informed opinion based on those facts? Or is it better for him to just stick with "progressing, getting better..." every week since training camp?

What did Pagano see that made him conclude that Luck was progressing? What did Pagano see that made him conclude that Luck was getting better? I'm not sure why these are unreasonable questions or unreasonable expectations.

rcubed
09-27-2017, 03:14 PM
Would Pagano present a better impression of himself if he stated some facts and gave his very informed opinion based on those facts? Or is it better for him to just stick with "progressing, getting better..." every week since training camp?

What did Pagano see that made him conclude that Luck was progressing? What did Pagano see that made him conclude that Luck was getting better? I'm not sure why these are unreasonable questions or unreasonable expectations.
I would assume he gets some sort of progress reports from the trainers rather than seeing things first hand. So luck is either progressing and getting better or having setbacks. Football teams dont usually report on setbacks unless they are major, meaning out for rest of season. As JC stated above, rehab happens at its own pace, thus status updates will be "progressing....."

omahacolt
09-27-2017, 03:47 PM

this is nothing to get pissed about. i actually think it is better to just be vague about it. that is what i would do. nobody needs to know what is going on other than that they are looking for him to be practicing soon.

HoosierinFL
09-27-2017, 06:18 PM
Just read that Luck was not cleared to practice this week. But it seems he's close, so it sounds like practicing next week, but not full time, so unlikely to be ready to go in week 5, so yea, week 6 is the probable date.

omahacolt
09-27-2017, 06:33 PM
Just read that Luck was not cleared to practice this week. But it seems he's close, so it sounds like practicing next week, but not full time, so unlikely to be ready to go in week 5, so yea, week 6 is the probable date.

Mark down week 8

ChoppedWood
09-27-2017, 07:17 PM
I am so absolutely stunned that he did not practice, stunned!

nate505
09-27-2017, 10:47 PM
Even if he were ready, playing on the road against the Seattle defense isn't the first game I'd want to see him in.

Spike
09-28-2017, 03:42 PM
Mark down week 8

Based on this, you are probably just about right on Nostradamus.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-luck-colts-not-practice-0927-story.html?cn=bWVzc2FnZQ%3D%3D&refsrc=email

DrSpaceman
09-28-2017, 05:14 PM
We know he is out this week and probably next because it will be a week before they re evaluate things.

If he does not start practice next week and does not make it back vs the Titans, he isn't play against the Jags the next game because that is a short week, you surely are not putting him back in on 3 days preparation for his first game.

So yes, week 8 looks mostly likely.

Might as well have put him on IR for the start and kept another QB on the roster

omahacolt
09-28-2017, 06:13 PM
We know he is out this week and probably next because it will be a week before they re evaluate things.

If he does not start practice next week and does not make it back vs the Titans, he isn't play against the Jags the next game because that is a short week, you surely are not putting him back in on 3 days preparation for his first game.

So yes, week 8 looks mostly likely.

Might as well have put him on IR for the start and kept another QB on the roster

using hindsight sure

i truly think they weren't sure when he would start practicing