PDA

View Full Version : Luck back week 6

omahacolt
09-24-2017, 11:25 AM
that is what is being speculated by some dudes on pregame.

i don't see this at all unless he has been throwing for awhile away from the team. and maybe that is the deal. he was doing all of this with his own doctors and will come back full bore.

lets hope so.

albany ed
09-24-2017, 11:44 AM
It is a Monday night game. Network pressure?

omahacolt
09-24-2017, 11:48 AM
It is a Monday night game. Network pressure?

no

that is absurd

IndyNorm
09-24-2017, 12:31 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20801574/indianapolis-colts-qb-andrew-luck-expected-begin-practicing-week

Chris Mortensen is saying he's supposed to start practicing this week. Seems like a very good sign, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Spike
09-24-2017, 12:42 PM
Well, at least that is some good news, instead of not hearing shit for so long.

DrSpaceman
09-24-2017, 04:59 PM
Week 6 makes sense because its the first division game.

apballin
09-24-2017, 05:08 PM
They said he reached out to Drew Brees and has been improving lately

FatDT
09-24-2017, 06:00 PM
They said he reached out to Drew Brees and has been improving lately

Can you explain what he would talk about with Brees? Shoulder problems? Coming back from injury in general? Throwing his weight around on team/roster decisions?

Coltsalr
09-24-2017, 06:04 PM
Can you explain what he would talk about with Brees? Shoulder problems? Coming back from injury in general? Throwing his weight around on team/roster decisions?

Drew Brees' physical therapist, I believe, is who Luck is in contact with.

FatDT
09-24-2017, 06:11 PM
This had better mean Kelly is back at the same time. Luck's mobility will be low when he returns, he won't move away from pressure as well for a while. Can't immediately let him get hit.

Indiana V2
09-24-2017, 06:12 PM
This had better mean Kelly is back at the same time. Luck's mobility will be low when he returns, he won't move away from pressure as well for a while. Can't immediately let him get hit.

Why, Luck had surgery on his shoulder, not his legs.

omahacolt
09-24-2017, 06:22 PM

Are you drunk

FatDT
09-24-2017, 06:42 PM
Not drunk at all. Luck hasn't practiced in months. He will be stiff and awkward in the pocket. You use it or you lose it. That's no knock on him, just reality.

Brylok
09-24-2017, 06:59 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

Dewey 5
09-24-2017, 11:42 PM
Just in time to save the clappers job for for next season.

I'm all for Luck to return.

I want to see the Colts win games.

I want Pagano gone & I don't see that happening with Luck doing Luck things.

VeveJones007
09-24-2017, 11:46 PM
I said it last week, but I'll bring it up again. For anyone holding playoff aspirations for this year, that loss to the Cards really stings. They could've been 3-2 going into Week 6 with Luck and all 6 divisional games ahead of them. 7-4 the rest of the way, while a long shot, may have been doable depending on how quickly Luck could get back into form.

indycolts2
09-25-2017, 10:03 AM
Not drunk at all. Luck hasn't practiced in months. He will be stiff and awkward in the pocket. You use it or you lose it. That's no knock on him, just reality.

Well this concerns me because why would a stellar athlete lose it in less than one year while recuperating from an injury/surgery. I can actually understand the awkward piece because of the need to once again acclimate to game speed but stiff?

sherck
09-25-2017, 10:52 AM
Luck has now gone probably the longest timespan in the last 15 years or so of not getting hit by defensive players and not having to stress/stretch his body in games. He probably went short timespans in Pop Werner because he probably played in both a fall and spring league.

While at the same time having the best physical therapy and trainers money can buy working his gazillion dollar shoulder and body back into shape.

His physical condition is not something I worry about. His timing, rhythm and intuition? Yeah, I can see those all being rusty but his physical skills?

Get outta here.....

Walk Worthy,

FatDT
09-25-2017, 11:57 AM
I don't understand what is hard to understand about this. You don't keep a pro athlete body by stretching, doing physical therapy, etc.

Do you think he was doing squats, deadlifts, bench or overhead press, kettlebell swings, any sort of dumbell or barbell work at all while his shoulder recovered? If you take even just weeks off, you lose strength and muscle. Luck has taken MONTHS off. Physically he hasn't had enough time to get back to where he was at his peak. Atrophy is not a scientific theory.

He hasn't (as far as we know) had a ball snapped to him since the end of the season. He hasn't had to move in a pocket. He hasn't taken hits or spun out of a sack. He hasn't thrown at all, much less while being dragged down by a pass rusher.

I am not saying he will be terrible. I'm saying he won't be where he was and that putting him out there when he's still working back up to top-level pocket awareness and movement is a bad idea if Kelly isn't there to anchor this shitty OL.

omahacolt
09-25-2017, 05:10 PM
I don't understand what is hard to understand about this. You don't keep a pro athlete body by stretching, doing physical therapy, etc.

Do you think he was doing squats, deadlifts, bench or overhead press, kettlebell swings, any sort of dumbell or barbell work at all while his shoulder recovered? If you take even just weeks off, you lose strength and muscle. Luck has taken MONTHS off. Physically he hasn't had enough time to get back to where he was at his peak. Atrophy is not a scientific theory.

He hasn't (as far as we know) had a ball snapped to him since the end of the season. He hasn't had to move in a pocket. He hasn't taken hits or spun out of a sack. He hasn't thrown at all, much less while being dragged down by a pass rusher.

I am not saying he will be terrible. I'm saying he won't be where he was and that putting him out there when he's still working back up to top-level pocket awareness and movement is a bad idea if Kelly isn't there to anchor this shitty OL.

you don't hold him back because of Kelly not being in there. that is retarded. probably the dumbest thing you have said in a long time.

1965southpaw
09-25-2017, 05:56 PM
you don't hold him back because of Kelly not being in there. that is retarded. probably the dumbest thing you have said in a long time.

This is a moot discussion....Kelly is back to practice on Wednesday and Luck status is still "maybe able to practice this week" with the scout team.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2017/09/25/pagano-andrew-luck-might-practice-week/701660001/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=indystar%2Fcolts

omahacolt
09-25-2017, 06:16 PM
This is a moot discussion....Kelly is back to practice on Wednesday and Luck status is still "maybe able to practice this week" with the scout team.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2017/09/25/pagano-andrew-luck-might-practice-week/701660001/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=indystar%2Fcolts

it is still stupid though

1965southpaw
09-25-2017, 06:26 PM

Agreed.....the minute he's ready he needs to play.....and as I write this I'm watching Total Access where under the header of any given Sunday they mention the Colts, the Bears, and the Jets all win. That sucks I can't wait to get the stench of that company off our franchise and that will only happen when Luck is back and Pagano is gone. Can't happen soon enough.

FatDT
09-25-2017, 10:05 PM

Up yours fag.

Glad Kelly's back. That's probably why they have a timetable for Luck now.

omahacolt
09-26-2017, 12:50 PM
Up yours fag.

Glad Kelly's back. That's probably why they have a timetable for Luck now.

Yeah that is probably why. And if kelly gets hurt admgain, they will take Luck out as well.

It is so retarded it is almost comical

Coltsalr
10-16-2017, 08:09 PM
Week 6 Update:

@zkeefer
Matt Hasselbeck on Andrew Luck, on ESPN just now: "He's not close, in my mind."

Puck
10-16-2017, 08:13 PM
Brisset is a good quarterback. He can win this if clappy gets ejected from the game

DrSpaceman
10-17-2017, 12:02 AM
At this point with this bad coaching, Luck coming back is low on the list of priorities for this team.

As they start to fall further behind in the standings and don't fire Pagano, its pointless for him to be on the field.

bertjones
10-17-2017, 12:07 AM
Week 6 Update:

@zkeefer
Matt Hasselbeck on Andrew Luck, on ESPN just now: "He's not close, in my mind."

At this point there is no tactical or strategic reason for him to come back
this year.

Brylok
10-17-2017, 12:22 AM
At this point there is no tactical or strategic reason for him to come back
this year.
I'd usually disagree. Players need to play. But at this point, just let him heal up and get some good draft picks.

bertjones
10-17-2017, 12:32 AM
I'd usually disagree. Players need to play. But at this point, just let him heal up and get some good draft picks.

At this point I just don't want the present coaching staff getting their
paws on him. Let's start from scratch next year with a new a staff
and a new attitude.

VeveJones007
10-17-2017, 12:35 AM
At this point I just don't want the present coaching staff getting their
paws on him. Let's start from scratch next year with a new a staff
and a new attitude.

I understand this overly-protective line of thinking, but consider it this way. Can you reverse a culture of players being too soft by actively tanking and not playing healthy leaders?

bertjones
10-17-2017, 12:42 AM
I understand this overly-protective line of thinking, but consider it this way. Can you reverse a culture of players being too soft by actively tanking and not playing healthy leaders?
I don't think it's overly protective. But I do agree there is a fine line.
I guess I 'd say that given the report that Coltsar laid out, he's not
coming back anytime soon. I don't think you could call it tanking by holding
him out of the last 4-5 games he "Might play". I'd call it God's grace, I'd call
it living to fight another day.

VeveJones007
10-17-2017, 01:06 AM
I don't think it's overly protective. But I do agree there is a fine line.
I guess I 'd say that given the report that Coltsar laid out, he's not
coming back anytime soon. I don't think you could call it tanking by holding
him out of the last 4-5 games he "Might play". I'd call it God's grace, I'd call
it living to fight another day.

You may be reading too much into the "report." It sounded to me like Hasselbeck was firing from the hip and didn't really know anything we don't.

Luck himself said that the finish line is in site. Reporters saw him throwing balls with "zip" 30-40 yards downfield. If you're going to sit him, you're liking talking about half a season that you're just giving up on. He needs to play if he's healthy. He needs to shake off the cobwebs in 2017 so that he can come out ready on Day 1 of 2018.

bertjones
10-17-2017, 01:19 AM
You may be reading too much into the "report." It sounded to me like Hasselbeck was firing from the hip and didn't really know anything we don't.

Luck himself said that the finish line is in site. Reporters saw him throwing balls with "zip" 30-40 yards downfield. If you're going to sit him, you're liking talking about half a season that you're just giving up on. He needs to play if he's healthy. He needs to shake off the cobwebs in 2017 so that he can come out ready on Day 1 of 2018.

I've heard other sources that it's going to be a while. It's a hard question.
You don't want to give up the ship because when you do you do run the
risk of being soft and when that happens you invariably fail the "ice bowl"
moments when the team needs that will of iron to prevail.
On the other hand, I have no faith in this coaching staff, what few games
he might play this year they will fuck it up and very possibly him as well.
I just have a hunch fate will lend a hand here.

Brylok
10-17-2017, 02:16 AM
Yes. There's a new GM. There should be a new coaching staff. It's called an organized retreat in the military. Improve your leadership, revise your tactics, and fight another day.