PDA

View Full Version : 2018?

Kray007
09-14-2017, 01:07 PM
Right now, it looks like we're gonna have a top 5 or 6 pick in the draft, and probably a new head coach.

More than likely, we'll be moving to a 43 D.

So, when the draft rolls around, what do you prioritize? A Left Tackle who can be relied upon to protect Luck's blind side or a DE who can pressure the other guy's QB?

Coltsalr
09-14-2017, 01:08 PM
Derwin James and Arden Key are my two favorites right now.

testcase448
09-14-2017, 01:16 PM
right now, it looks like we're gonna have a top 5 or 6 pick in the draft, and probably a new head coach.

More than likely, we'll be moving to a 43 d.

So, when the draft rolls around, what do you prioritize? A left tackle who can be relied upon to protect luck's blind side or a de who can pressure the other guy's qb?

yes....

rcubed
09-14-2017, 01:23 PM
bad ass pass rusher

1965southpaw
09-14-2017, 02:18 PM
If the draft is as QB rich as they say and if we have a top 3 or 4 pick I think we play the moneyball game. We have such glaring needs that quantity of picks is paramount. There are too many teams that need to solve their QB needs that I have to believe we can trade our high pick for a kings ransom and still get quality pass rush and oline talent. Of course this is predicated on having scouting that is solid and removing the incompetent voice of mcclappy woodpecker from standing on the table for the likes of TJ green.

GoBigBlue88
09-14-2017, 02:32 PM
There should either be a franchise pass-rusher or LT available where the Colts pick. You take the better of who you evaluate for either, IMO.

Coltsalr
09-14-2017, 02:39 PM
I hear y'all on the need for pass rush or protection...

But damn, a Safety tandem of Hooker/James has the potential to be flat out SICK.

Hell, Barkley and Marlon Mack a RB1/2 tandem would be something to behold.

FatDT
09-14-2017, 02:58 PM

But damn, a Safety tandem of Hooker/James has the potential to be flat out SICK.

Top 5 pick and you're talking about a RB? Come on man.

DrSpaceman
09-14-2017, 03:14 PM
I know the team looked awful week one, but this is still premature to be speculating on top draft picks.

Dam8610
09-14-2017, 03:38 PM
Right now, it looks like we're gonna have a top 5 or 6 pick in the draft, and probably a new head coach.

More than likely, we'll be moving to a 43 D.

So, when the draft rolls around, what do you prioritize? A Left Tackle who can be relied upon to protect Luck's blind side or a DE who can pressure the other guy's QB?

Ballard comes from a 34 background. I think the Colts stay 34 regardless of who the head coach is.

Butter
09-14-2017, 03:41 PM
Ballard comes from a 34 background. I think the Colts stay 34 regardless of who the head coach is.

I have no idea were switching to base 43 comes from with no he who the HC will be.

njcoltfan
09-14-2017, 05:10 PM
I know the team looked awful week one, but this is still premature to be speculating on top draft picks.

No, no its not !!!

omahacolt
09-14-2017, 05:27 PM
There should either be a franchise pass-rusher or LT available where the Colts pick. You take the better of who you evaluate for either, IMO.

i agree here but hopefully it is the pass rusher. getting a great LT would be sweet but damn we need some speed off the edge

omahacolt
09-14-2017, 05:27 PM

get the fuck out of here with that metality

omahacolt
09-14-2017, 05:28 PM

it is a disease with colts fans

Thorgrim
09-14-2017, 07:29 PM
If the draft is as QB rich as they say and if we have a top 3 or 4 pick I think we play the moneyball game. We have such glaring needs that quantity of picks is paramount. There are too many teams that need to solve their QB needs that I have to believe we can trade our high pick for a kings ransom and still get quality pass rush and oline talent. Of course this is predicated on having scouting that is solid and removing the incompetent voice of mcclappy woodpecker from standing on the table for the likes of TJ green.

Let's just hope Luck is still ambulatory at seasons end so we have the option of entertaining all offers.

Spike
09-14-2017, 07:41 PM

If the Colts draft a running back in the top 5, Ballard needs to be fired.

nate505
09-14-2017, 10:20 PM
If the Colts draft a running back in the top 5, Ballard needs to be fired.

Agreed, especially since Mack looks like a decent one they found in the 4th. It seems like all sorts of good RBs are found in rounds 2-4.

nate505
09-14-2017, 10:22 PM

If the head coach wasn't Chuck "hey guys, let's hurry the team up and run a play so the Rams won't have time to challenge what could be a TD for us because I'm a total and complete fucking moron who doesn't understand the most basic points of football" Pagano I would agree.

But he is, so here we are.

VeveJones007
09-14-2017, 11:44 PM

Ballard also comes from a Tampa 2 background from when he was with the Bears.

VeveJones007
09-14-2017, 11:46 PM
I have no idea were switching to base 43 comes from with no he who the HC will be.

Plus, if it's Toub, he's a ST coach. Not like he would bring his own system of D with him.

Coltsalr
09-14-2017, 11:58 PM

Merely said it would be something to behold, not that it's my first choice.

Like I said, Key/James are the ones I'd peg.

Coltsalr
09-14-2017, 11:59 PM
No, no its not !!!

It kinda is, only because this team could very well stupidly win some games this season and screw themselves into the middle of the 1st round as we've done the past two years.

Pagano has shown he's something truly special at winning meaningless games when his job is on the line.

njcoltfan
09-15-2017, 06:43 AM
It kinda is, only because this team could very well stupidly win some games this season and screw themselves into the middle of the 1st round as we've done the past two years.

Pagano has shown he's something truly special at winning meaningless games when his job is on the line.

The only way this team wins ANY games is if Luck is starting, and as I have stated in another thread, I think he will be put on IR as soon as Brissett learns the playbook.

Indiana V2
09-15-2017, 06:48 AM
The only way this team wins ANY games is if Luck is starting, and as I have stated in another thread, I think he will be put on IR as soon as Brissett learns the playbook.

If that were the case, then why cut Morris?

njcoltfan
09-15-2017, 07:04 AM
If that were the case, then why cut Morris?

Because the IDIOTS that are running this team honestly believed that Tolzien was, is the better QB.

Indiana V2
09-15-2017, 07:45 AM
Because the IDIOTS that are running this team honestly believed that Tolzien was, is the better QB.

I mean if the plan all along was to IR Luck, then A) Why wait?, and B) Why cut Morris leaving only 2 active QB's on the roster, especially when Morris showed a lot of promise.

njcoltfan
09-15-2017, 09:51 AM
I mean if the plan all along was to IR Luck, then A) Why wait?, and B) Why cut Morris leaving only 2 active QB's on the roster, especially when Morris showed a lot of promise.

It might not have been the plan all along, but once they realized that Luck was not coming back anytime soon, they had to scramble to plan B, and like I said, theses IDIOTS believed that Tolzien was their best option. Now Brissett hopefully becomes the starter, Tolzien the backup and Luck to IR. Man, I hope I'm wrong, but Luck playing behind this OL is tantamount to getting him killed.

DrSpaceman
09-15-2017, 10:14 AM
If the head coach wasn't Chuck "hey guys, let's hurry the team up and run a play so the Rams won't have time to challenge what could be a TD for us because I'm a total and complete fucking moron who doesn't understand the most basic points of football" Pagano I would agree.

But he is, so here we are.

I keep having an outside hope that the team looks SO bad in the first few weeks that Pagano gets fired during the season

Its not likely, but it gives me some hope.

omahacolt
09-15-2017, 05:06 PM
Plus, if it's Toub, he's a ST coach. Not like he would bring his own system of D with him.

is his background offense or defense.

st coach doesnt mean he is only that. i don't know much about the guy

Thorgrim
09-15-2017, 05:19 PM

A lot of experience as a strength/conditioning coach as well as 3 yrs coaching DL.

VeveJones007
09-15-2017, 11:48 PM

He's been coaching ST for so long that I don't think it even matters at this stage. I'm sure he probably has some preferences, but damned if we'll know before an introductory presser.

Kray007
09-16-2017, 09:51 AM

Never too early to speculate about anything. I also enjoy speculating about things like how many TD passes Andrew Luck will toss to TY in SB 52, How many silver bullets it'd take to kill Hillary Clinton, and who the Republicans will run for President in 2020. :)

IndyNorm
09-16-2017, 10:07 AM
It might not have been the plan all along, but once they realized that Luck was not coming back anytime soon, they had to scramble to plan B, and like I said, theses IDIOTS believed that Tolzien was their best option. Now Brissett hopefully becomes the starter, Tolzien the backup and Luck to IR. Man, I hope I'm wrong, but Luck playing behind this OL is tantamount to getting him killed.

Logic would dictate that if Luck wasn't coming back anytime soon he would have stayed on the PUP, but as has been pointed out the team appears to now be run by complete dumbasses so unfortunately you're probably right :mad: