PDA

View Full Version : Out of Luck

1965southpaw
09-13-2017, 10:01 AM
Well fuck.....Mike and Mike spent the better part of the last hour discussing a rumor that Andrew may want out of Indy as he lost confidence in the organization when they repeatedly made him play when injured. Greany closed the discussion by underscoring he's not reporting this just that it's the rumor that's swirling.....my first thought was its bullshit.....he's a fierce competitor and he put himself on the field even when the games were meaningless (ex Jax game). On the other hand it would explain some of Irsay bizarre comments re Andrews mindset (the 4 inches comments) and Ballard seeming to be caught unprepared with an acceptable backup QB. I don't know. Only thing i feel confident about is this season may just go down as the worst ever.

Maniac
09-13-2017, 10:05 AM
Stop listening to moron talk show hosts

1965southpaw
09-13-2017, 10:08 AM
Lol.....I'm an addict but you're right. Grady and Big Joe are ripping Mike and Mike a new asshole right now for their irresponsible reporting. They are saying they are hearing andrew is itching to get back out there.

indycolts2
09-13-2017, 10:33 AM
While Andrew Luck may not want to lend credence to this BS by speaking on the matter it would be nice if he dispelled it immediately. Colts don't need this with what they are faced with already.

Thorgrim
09-13-2017, 10:37 AM
With the damage they have done to his career I couldn't blame luck for any possible concerns. Hell he should ask them to switch his locker to the one nearest the exit without offering an explanation.

Maniac
09-13-2017, 10:55 AM
While Andrew Luck may not want to lend credence to this BS by speaking on the matter it would be nice if he dispelled it immediately. Colts don't need this with what they are faced with already.

Why? Do you think they will play worse?

Idiots on talk shows say stupid things daily. There is no need for players or teams to respond to each dumb thing they say.

DrSpaceman
09-13-2017, 11:40 AM
When did they make him play injured?

He has missed a bunch of games in the last few seasons. Not last year, but in the prior season he did.

I just repeat what I always say, the national talk shows don't know shit about NFL teams outside Pats, Cowboys, Giants and Steelers.

Colts And Orioles
09-13-2017, 12:07 PM
o

Mike Greenberg was just interviewed Indy Sports Radio, and said that he spoke to Andrew Luck's agent. Luck's agent has categorically denied everything that has been insinuated/talked about in regard to the rumors that Luck is not happy in Indianapolis, and/or that he wants to be traded.

o

ChoppedWood
09-13-2017, 12:11 PM
For all the "fake news"ers...

Can someone please simply provide one, just one, legitimate reason to not even come close to stating anything about when he can be expected to practice? Anything- just provide something that makes sense...

Like it or not, and obviously a lot on here don't, this team, this lack of any semblance of fucking PR, is inviting this type of shit. Oh say what you want about not having to respond to unfounded rumors blah blah blah... From Irsay, through Ballard, down to Cuck- they are feeding this monster by doing this shit.

WHY?

1965southpaw
09-13-2017, 12:19 PM
o

Mike Greenberg was just interviewed Indy Sports Radio, and said that he spoke to Andrew Luck's agent. Luck's agent has categorically denied everything that has been insinuated/talked about in regard to the rumors that Luck is not happy in Indianapolis, and/or that he wants to be traded.

o

I'm listening to this right now and though Greany is claiming that he's doing the responsible thing by reporting that Lucks agent is categorically denying this rumor Greany is also standing firm on the fact that he's Has heard from credible sources that Luck doesn't want to be here. Who the hell knows.

ChoppedWood
09-13-2017, 12:25 PM
I'm listening to this right now and though Greany is claiming that he's doing the responsible thing by reporting that Lucks agent is categorically denying this rumor Greany is also standing firm on the fact that he's Has heard from credible sources that Luck doesn't want to be here. Who the hell knows.

Irsay and Ballard know, that's who. Cuck, he probably knows as well- he probably knows that Luck has said he's not playing here if he's coaching!

There is a problem here, without a bit of doubt there is a festering problem that is going to have to be addressed- all the silence is going to just let this mushroom. The Colts have no means to dampen these flames and that's just a sad indictment of the crappy state of this crippled franchise.

Indiana V2
09-13-2017, 12:27 PM
Time to punt.

indycolts2
09-13-2017, 12:29 PM
For all the "fake news"ers...

Can someone please simply provide one, just one, legitimate reason to not even come close to stating anything about when he can be expected to practice? Anything- just provide something that makes sense...

Like it or not, and obviously a lot on here don't, this team, this lack of any semblance of fucking PR, is inviting this type of shit. Oh say what you want about not having to respond to unfounded rumors blah blah blah... From Irsay, through Ballard, down to Cuck- they are feeding this monster by doing this shit.

WHY?
I agree and the one person that puts an end to this bullshit is Luck himself. Hey, he's a big boy now and does not need daddy, an agent or any one from the Colts to speak on his behalf. People can continue to ask the question WHY should he and why listen to irresponsible radio talk show so I'll ask the question why shouldn't he talk? If I'm Luck I would be damned if Irsay, Ballard or Pagano is going to continue to allow an embarrassing situation to fester and grow even messier. This was bad enough as the clown show with how they handled the backup scenario but now this crap.

Indiana V2
09-13-2017, 12:34 PM
I can't say I heard anything about Andrew Luck wanting out of Indy, but I did think to myself last week if maybe Luck was dragging his feet to return because he may not be happy with how the organization has done very little to improve while he's been here, especially the O-Line.

indycolts2
09-13-2017, 12:36 PM
Why? Do you think they will play worse?

Idiots on talk shows say stupid things daily. There is no need for players or teams to respond to each dumb thing they say.

Problem here is no one from the Colts has said anything of substance since training camp began in July.

DragonTails
09-13-2017, 12:45 PM
Luck probably does want out of Indy - who wouldn't?

You can ask him and his agent all you want, but they are going to deny it all day long. Just like when coaches deny they've talked to a team and have no interest in going to that team - then 3 weeks later they are coaching that team.

I think this is good that it's in the media now. Pushes Irsay or anyone from the Colts to do SOMETHING about the state of this sorry franchise. (one would hope)

I'd be happy if they just admitted they fk'd everything up in the last 9 months. Isn't that step 1 - admitting you have a problem. I am tired of hear things like "Tolzien is our guy and he's ready".

HEY YOU STUPID FKS - JUST ADMIT YOU HAVE NO FKN CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING - we all know it. /RANT

albany ed
09-13-2017, 01:01 PM
Luck losing confidence in the Colts organization? How can that be? From top to bottom, this is the most well run organization in the entire NFL. Um, ya know, just ask the Head um Coach.

rcubed
09-13-2017, 01:07 PM
my take:
organization knows this team is a shit show.
luck knows this team is a shit show.
they are taking all the time they need and then some to get luck completely healthy, there is no rush to have him out there and they know it.

based on luck's public persona, he doesnt seem the type to sign that big contract then refuse to play and ask out. However, I could see him saying behind the scenes to ballard/irsay that they need to make changes cause what they have isnt working.

Brylok
09-13-2017, 01:14 PM
Jeezus people, it's Mike Greenberg. I'm surprised he didn't say Luck was going to the Jets.

1965southpaw
09-13-2017, 01:24 PM
Jeezus people, it's Mike Greenberg. I'm surprised he didn't say Luck was going to the Jets.

Yes, Greany is a jets fanboy but he also fashions himself as a credible journalist (I know, oxymoron). He seemed really stunned this morning on DD that the comments he made had blown into this media storm in just 2 hours. He said over and over again that he thought these rumors were well known in NFL circles.....he also said he planned to talk to his sources again this afternoon to get more context around these rumors and if he had gotten it wrong (not withstanding Lucks agents vehement denials) he will address it again tomorrow on his show.

Brylok
09-13-2017, 02:41 PM
Yes, Greany is a jets fanboy but he also fashions himself as a credible journalist (I know, oxymoron).

He's an ESPN talking head. I don't care what he fashions himself as.

He seemed really stunned this morning on DD that the comments he made had blown into this media storm in just 2 hours.

He creates a narrative and then acts stunned by the response. This is what ESPN does now. And they wonder why millions have stopped watching/listening.

He said over and over again that he thought these rumors were well known in NFL circles.....

Uh-huh

he also said he planned to talk to his sources again this afternoon to get more context around these rumors and if he had gotten it wrong (not withstanding Lucks agents vehement denials) he will address it again tomorrow on his show.

With the attention it has generated so far, I'm sure he will string it along as long as he can.
My response is in bold above.

omahacolt
09-13-2017, 05:03 PM
Well fuck.....Mike and Mike spent the better part of the last hour discussing a rumor that Andrew may want out of Indy as he lost confidence in the organization when they repeatedly made him play when injured. Greany closed the discussion by underscoring he's not reporting this just that it's the rumor that's swirling.....my first thought was its bullshit.....he's a fierce competitor and he put himself on the field even when the games were meaningless (ex Jax game). On the other hand it would explain some of Irsay bizarre comments re Andrews mindset (the 4 inches comments) and Ballard seeming to be caught unprepared with an acceptable backup QB. I don't know. Only thing i feel confident about is this season may just go down as the worst ever.

how in the fuck does anyone listen to mike and mike?

and i don't buy it one bit. if luck said he can't go, the team would have sat him. regardless, luck has to be the guy to ultimately say if he can go or not

omahacolt
09-13-2017, 05:07 PM
I can't say I heard anything about Andrew Luck wanting out of Indy, but I did think to myself last week if maybe Luck was dragging his feet to return because he may not be happy with how the organization has done very little to improve while he's been here, especially the O-Line.

luck just signed a huge contract to play football for the colts. he doesn't strike me as the type of dude that wouldn't honor that contract to the best of his ability.

he strikes me as a kid with integrity.

Spike
09-13-2017, 05:38 PM
how in the fuck does anyone listen to mike and mike?

and i don't buy it one bit. if luck said he can't go, the team would have sat him. regardless, luck has to be the guy to ultimately say if he can go or not

Haven't watched Mike & Mike in over 5 years. ESPN is a shit show and the ratings reflect that.

albany ed
09-13-2017, 06:49 PM
luck just signed a huge contract to play football for the colts. he doesn't strike me as the type of dude that wouldn't honor that contract to the best of his ability.

he strikes me as a kid with integrity.

He strikes me that way too. But, that doesn't mean he's not unhappy with the organization. Hell, who wouldn't be. You've played your entire career with the worst Head Coach, a shit GM and an owner that is, well, I'll just say not normal and leave it at that. I think he'd be ecstatic to be traded, but he also knows that ain't happening due to the fat contact he recently signed. So, he'll do the best he can, and in the end, we'll look on his career as no where near what it could have been.

Puck
09-13-2017, 08:16 PM
Yep. Ever since Pep left he's gotten beat to death. Like it or not Chud is killing our QB

MAybe he sits the season and waits for Irsay to take a run at Harbaugh. And of course Pep would be back too

Spike
09-13-2017, 09:02 PM
Well, so much for the little credibility Greenberg had. What an asshole.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/9/13/16305048/no-truth-to-andrew-luck-trade-demand-rumors-mike-greenberg-loses-credibility

omahacolt
09-13-2017, 09:34 PM
Yep. Ever since Pep left he's gotten beat to death. Like it or not Chud is killing our QB

MAybe he sits the season and waits for Irsay to take a run at Harbaugh. And of course Pep would be back too

Stfu about pep Hamilton. You aren't right. Why hang onto this?

DrSpaceman
09-13-2017, 09:36 PM

He was getting killed before Pep was fired.

No way in hell Pep is coming back to this team or should come back.

omahacolt
09-13-2017, 09:39 PM
He strikes me that way too. But, that doesn't mean he's not unhappy with the organization. Hell, who wouldn't be. You've played your entire career with the worst Head Coach, a shit GM and an owner that is, well, I'll just say not normal and leave it at that. I think he'd be ecstatic to be traded, but he also knows that ain't happening due to the fat contact he recently signed. So, he'll do the best he can, and in the end, we'll look on his career as no where near what it could have been.

He also has been paid millions of dollars. Does he not cash his checks? Ecstatic to be traded to who? The browns? The Bears? The jets, bills or dolphins?

Not everyone has Brady's career. Fans need to stop thinking that 12 wins a year is normal.

ChoppedWood
09-13-2017, 09:56 PM
Well here's one that is going to at least leave you scratching your head.

Venturi, who I think to a man we've all touted for his analysis and his straight shooting, said he doesn't believe this is a "9th inning deal" like Greenburg made it out to be (implying the trading of Luck is a foregone conclusion). He did say however that he believes there is an issue between Luck and the team. He spent a lot of time going through his 4 reasons for this. He made great well rounded points and he focused in on the interview Jim gave about the 4 inches between his ears- which was Venturi's interview BTW. In his view he believes that was Jim setting the table for it to emerge that Luck is having reservations about where things are.

Venturi held no punches and essentially spelled out without saying it directly that the coaching of this team is as bad as any he's ever seen (Rick has his own Colts coaching career to serve as a benchmark of suck...). Again, he never came out and just said it but I very clearly interpreted a lot of his comments to be indicative that Luck has perhaps spelled out some changes that have to take place and they start with Pags being gone.

The issue with Luck being silent, and essentially invisible, with NO one outside of his agent coming forward and asserting this isn't the case (yeah that guy doesn't have a keen interest in keeping teams from looking at his guy as a malcontent...)--- the silence is deafening. Luck's remaining silent is a hell of a lot more indicative of there being legitimacy to all this than not. He can't very well come out and say this is what he wants, conversely he will lose a lot of credibility if he has a camera thrust in front of him and pledges allegiance to this franchise and then a couple days later is traded. So what makes the most sense--- for him to stay in the shadows that's what.

Sorry, again, there is way too much smoke here, there's a fire burning somewhere...

Puck
09-13-2017, 09:56 PM
He was getting killed before Pep was fired.

No way in hell Pep is coming back to this team or should come back.

If Harbaugh is hired Pep will be here again

omahacolt
09-13-2017, 10:10 PM
Well here's one that is going to at least leave you scratching your head.

Venturi, who I think to a man we've all touted for his analysis and his straight shooting, said he doesn't believe this is a "9th inning deal" like Greenburg made it out to be (implying the trading of Luck is a foregone conclusion). He did say however that he believes there is an issue between Luck and the team. He spent a lot of time going through his 4 reasons for this. He made great well rounded points and he focused in on the interview Jim gave about the 4 inches between his ears- which was Venturi's interview BTW. In his view he believes that was Jim setting the table for it to emerge that Luck is having reservations about where things are.

Venturi held no punches and essentially spelled out without saying it directly that the coaching of this team is as bad as any he's ever seen (Rick has his own Colts coaching career to serve as a benchmark of suck...). Again, he never came out and just said it but I very clearly interpreted a lot of his comments to be indicative that Luck has perhaps spelled out some changes that have to take place and they start with Pags being gone.

The issue with Luck being silent, and essentially invisible, with NO one outside of his agent coming forward and asserting this isn't the case (yeah that guy doesn't have a keen interest in keeping teams from looking at his guy as a malcontent...)--- the silence is deafening. Luck's remaining silent is a hell of a lot more indicative of there being legitimacy to all this than not. He can't very well come out and say this is what he wants, conversely he will lose a lot of credibility if he has a camera thrust in front of him and pledges allegiance to this franchise and then a couple days later is traded. So what makes the most sense--- for him to stay in the shadows that's what.

Sorry, again, there is way too much smoke here, there's a fire burning somewhere...
Then connect the dots. What could he possibly want that makes him this unhappy? What is the end game

ChoppedWood
09-13-2017, 10:27 PM
Then connect the dots. What could he possibly want that makes him this unhappy? What is the end game

Well like I said, I read into it that Rick may have some insight that Luck is making a play that Pagano be removed before he will commit to coming back. I think we can all agree Luck does not come off as the guy that would say "hey Jim, it's either me or Chuck, but it aint both". Buuuuuuuuut, I think most of us would also agree that every man has his breaking point, and maybe Luck has hit his? Maybe there is a tug of war behind the scenes and Andrew really has taken the approach that his future is in jeopardy if this guy is allowed to play a role in it- and though that sounds a bit dramatic, if you were in his shoes knowing you're rapidly seeing your window shrink and this guy is still at the helm and seeing what he has NOT DONE for you to this point...maybe just maybe that's what we're actually NOT seeing- Luck applying leverage against Jim to make an in-season switch, which is not Irsayesque... and thus Andrew's position in the leverage is to leak and remain silent.

Venturi also sort of started down a path that the Irsay comments about the space between his ears probably didn't make Andrew very happy and it may have potentially clouded this to the point that Luck is very unhappy he would say that and perhaps has stated he wants out. Not saying that's where it is, but clearly Venturi didn't think Irsay's comments were well made if in fact Andrew has been applying leverage and that was Irsay's public counter.

Indiana V2
09-13-2017, 10:28 PM

Well, for starters dump Pagano...NOW.

Dewey 5
09-13-2017, 10:40 PM
If Harbaugh is hired Pep will be here again

If Harbaugh is hired Pep will be the HC at UM.

Puck
09-13-2017, 10:50 PM
If Harbaugh is hired Pep will be the HC at UM.

I doubt that would happen but who knows. Pep is not a HC IMO. But he certainly knows how to run Harbaugh offense

bertjones
09-13-2017, 11:02 PM
IF harbaugh is hired I doubt Pep is here too. He's a results guy strictly and
Hamilton didn't cut it when he was here. The bigger question would be
what happens with Ballard, I'd think Jim would want total control. And
quite frankly given where this clown show has been going I'd be ok with that.

Dewey 5
09-13-2017, 11:03 PM
I doubt that would happen but who knows. Pep is not a HC IMO. But he certainly knows how to run Harbaugh offense

Who knows? Just thinking Harbaugh is getting him ready for the job if he eventually leaves.

I think Pagano may have lost this team & the longer he is here the deeper in the ditch they will get. Harbaugh probably isn't leaving but Pagano has to go & go fast.

Hoopsdoc
09-14-2017, 12:01 AM
Well, so much for the little credibility Greenberg had. What an asshole.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/9/13/16305048/no-truth-to-andrew-luck-trade-demand-rumors-mike-greenberg-loses-credibility

That's a pretty categoric denial. The agent wouldn't have been so firm if their were any truth to these rumors.

Besides, no one is trading for that contract, imo, Andrew Luck or not.

Thorgrim
09-14-2017, 12:52 AM
That's a pretty categoric denial. The agent wouldn't have been so firm if their were any truth to these rumors.

And somewhere Daniel Snyders eye begins to twitch.

ChoppedWood
09-14-2017, 07:26 AM

Venturi does not agree, he said if Luck is in fact healthy (and I believe he thinks he is just by listening to some of his cryptic statements...), there would be a ton of teams coming forward looking to deal - his statement- this guy just doesn't come around every year or every other year in the draft, he just doesn't, he doesn't come along every 5 years. People have seen what he can do to NFL defenses- and in his view already just one game into this crappy season there's no greater evidence of how massive his impact alone can be on a team. His view, and I think we have evidence of it- Andrew Luck by combination of talent and will puts a bad team in playoff contention, Andrew Luck on just a good team- a SB contender without question. And, and, and though this did not come from Rick, I heard another person on NFL Radio last night make a brilliant point and it was intended as a KNOCK on Pags inability to develop players but it bleeds over to Luck's impact on the team. His view was TY Hilton is JAG without Andrew Luck, he's one of the best receivers in the NFL with him.

As for suitors look inside our division- where are Houston or Jax with Andrew Luck under center? I know this makes all of our skin crawl, how unstoppable are the Broncos with Luck instead of Simien- and look at that division, you don't think they know to compete regardless of how good that D is they need a horse at QB? How fast does Miami jump over NE with Luck not Cutler?

Me, I am starting to kinda feel like maybe we should just gut it entirely it is such a catastrophe right now. Get a bonanza of picks for him, ship off the last few aged players remaining, go full youth movement the rest of this year and get a top 3 pick. Bring Harbaugh in, bring Peyton in as President (if for nothing else but to have someone who can actually freaking articulate and relate in front of the cameras), actually focus on playing defense for the first time in 20 years and see if we can't be ready to challenge for SB in 4 years...

I hate typing that but at this point it just feels like maybe this window has closed here and maybe sadly, that's the reality Luck sees as well and is reacting to.

njcoltfan
09-14-2017, 07:50 AM
Venturi does not agree, he said if Luck is in fact healthy (and I believe he thinks he is just by listening to some of his cryptic statements...), there would be a ton of teams coming forward looking to deal - his statement- this guy just doesn't come around every year or every other year in the draft, he just doesn't, he doesn't come along every 5 years. People have seen what he can do to NFL defenses- and in his view already just one game into this crappy season there's no greater evidence of how massive his impact alone can be on a team. His view, and I think we have evidence of it- Andrew Luck by combination of talent and will puts a bad team in playoff contention, Andrew Luck on just a good team- a SB contender without question. And, and, and though this did not come from Rick, I heard another person on NFL Radio last night make a brilliant point and it was intended as a KNOCK on Pags inability to develop players but it bleeds over to Luck's impact on the team. His view was TY Hilton is JAG without Andrew Luck, he's one of the best receivers in the NFL with him.

As for suitors look inside our division- where are Houston or Jax with Andrew Luck under center? I know this makes all of our skin crawl, how unstoppable are the Broncos with Luck instead of Simien- and look at that division, you don't think they know to compete regardless of how good that D is they need a horse at QB? How fast does Miami jump over NE with Luck not Cutler?

Me, I am starting to kinda feel like maybe we should just gut it entirely it is such a catastrophe right now. Get a bonanza of picks for him, ship off the last few aged players remaining, go full youth movement the rest of this year and get a top 3 pick. Bring Harbaugh in, bring Peyton in as President (if for nothing else but to have someone who can actually freaking articulate and relate in front of the cameras), actually focus on playing defense for the first time in 20 years and see if we can't be ready to challenge for SB in 4 years...

I hate typing that but at this point it just feels like maybe this window has closed here and maybe sadly, that's the reality Luck sees as well and is reacting to.

Good God I hope that NEVER HAPPENS !! I just can't imagine going back to the pre Manning years, searching every year for just a competent QB, guys like George, Pagel, Trudeau just to name a few. If that scenario did play out, I've lost ALL confidence that Irsay has the mental capacity to get that job done. They would be out of Indy within a few years!!

1965southpaw
09-14-2017, 10:40 AM
Lol so in an attempt to get some cover this morning for his reckless rumor mongering yesterday, Greany had Adam Shefter on for a segment this morning. Greany used the entire segment on other NFL news until they were just about out of time when he asked Shefty to quickly comment on the rumors of discontent that are "commonly known" in NFL circles.....before Greany could even get the words fully out of his mouth, Shefty who is the ultimate NFL insider exclaims: Yeah, where'd That come from! It was priceless as Greany quickly turned that into a very quick discussion of when Andrew would be back on the field. Too funny 😂

Spike
09-14-2017, 11:01 AM
Lol so in an attempt to get some cover this morning for his reckless rumor mongering yesterday, Greany had Adam Shefter on for a segment this morning. Greany used the entire segment on other NFL news until they were just about out of time when he asked Shefty to quickly comment on the rumors of discontent that are "commonly known" in NFL circles.....before Greany could even get the words fully out of his mouth, Shefty who is the ultimate NFL insider exclaims: Yeah, where'd That come from! It was priceless as Greany quickly turned that into a very quick discussion of when Andrew would be back on the field. Too funny 😂

I don't watch Mike & Mike at all anymore, but I did tune in today to see what that punk ass Greeny had to say. What a waste of time, no accountability from that bitch. Fake News!!!!!!

1965southpaw
09-14-2017, 11:18 AM
I don't watch Mike & Mike at all anymore, but I did tune in today to see what that punk ass Greeny had to say. What a waste of time, no accountability from that bitch. Fake News!!!!!!

In my defense.....I started a business this year and I'm now working from my home and it's just too damn quiet so I have The Fan running on my iPhone from about 8-4 most days except when I have appointments. It's really more just background noise but the local shows (dakitch, JMV) keep me abreast of Indy sports news since I'm otherwise inundated with all news east coast as I live in Jersey but my heart and most of my family are still in Indy.

Maniac
09-14-2017, 11:33 AM
Who knows? Just thinking Harbaugh is getting him ready for the job if he eventually leaves.

I think Pagano may have lost this team & the longer he is here the deeper in the ditch they will get. Harbaugh probably isn't leaving but Pagano has to go & go fast.

Why would Harbaugh leave a cush job where he is happy, the fans love him, and can easily compete year in and year out to come to this shit show in Indy? Makes no sense that he would want to put himself in a worse situation when he can be successful for however long he wants until he retires.

Brylok
09-14-2017, 12:04 PM
Why would Harbaugh leave a cush job where he is happy, the fans love him, and can easily compete year in and year out to come to this shit show in Indy? Makes no sense that he would want to put himself in a worse situation when he can be successful for however long he wants until he retires.
Exactly. He's also making $9 million this year. Zero chance he'd come to the Colts.

FatDT
09-14-2017, 12:09 PM

I am not saying he will come here. But some people like that kind of challenge. It's basically what he did in SF. He turned a shit show franchise into a SB contender, fast, without a franchise QB and with arguably the worst owner in the league. If he stays I think it'll be because he loves being the HC of
the school he graduated from, not because it's easy.

rcubed
09-14-2017, 12:22 PM
I am not saying he will come here. But some people like that kind of challenge. It's basically what he did in SF. He turned a shit show franchise into a SB contender, fast, without a franchise QB and with arguably the worst owner in the league. If he stays I think it'll be because he loves being the HC of
the school he graduated from, not because it's easy.
I would think he stays in MI. Seems like he has the run of the place, turned the program around, makes bank etc. Plus since he tends to wear on people it seems like college is best suited for him since he only gets the players for a few years and constantly gets a new crop coming in.

Ego would be the only reason I think he would come here (and if Luck is the QB)

sherck
09-14-2017, 12:59 PM
I think that Toub, the Special Teams coach for KC, the next Colts Head Coach.

Rumor is that Ballard wanted him this season and that Ballard believes that he is ready to be a HC and Irsay wanted Clappy McWoodChopper to have another shot.

I have no idea why Harbaugh would want to leave Michigan. It is his dream job.

Walk Worthy,

DrSpaceman
09-14-2017, 03:12 PM
I think that Toub, the Special Teams coach for KC, the next Colts Head Coach.

Rumor is that Ballard wanted him this season and that Ballard believes that he is ready to be a HC and Irsay wanted Clappy McWoodChopper to have another shot.

I have no idea why Harbaugh would want to leave Michigan. It is his dream job.

Walk Worthy,

Harbaugh would leave Michigan to try and win a SB, if he so chooses.

I think Harbaugh is a more NFL rather than college based coach and while he may love Michigan, I do think he will go back to the NFL

Probably not anytime soon, I would be shocked if 10 years from now he is still at Michigan.

He was in the NFL and had success with a franchise that has otherwise been dismal in the last 15 years prior, almost won a SB with them. he left and they were immediately bad again, still are.

This is not like the other top college coaches that have tried the NFL and failed before, then end up back at the college level.

as for the COlts, I would take about anyone over Pagano right now.

nate505
09-14-2017, 06:27 PM

I'm not even sure what a trade for Luck would look like. If it's a Herschel Walker-esque deal even then I'm not sure I'd want to see the Colts make the trade, as franchise QBs are what makes the NFL tick right now.

1965southpaw
09-15-2017, 03:23 PM
Greany deserves all the blowback he's getting for his irresponsible rumor-mongering.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/15/mike-greenberg-under-fire-from-espners-for-suspect-andrew-luck-report/?ref=yfp

Indiana V2
09-16-2017, 09:25 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2733035-a-mess-grows-in-indy-with-luck-concerned-nfl-execs-say-he-should-demand-trade?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

ChoppedWood
09-17-2017, 01:08 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2733035-a-mess-grows-in-indy-with-luck-concerned-nfl-execs-say-he-should-demand-trade?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

That is a really good piece on this situation- and a tragic reflection on just how shitty this franchise has become- we are a disaster!

ChoppedWood
09-17-2017, 01:20 AM
Damn- that wasting article is now front page on CNN!

Jim- your team is imploding!

Racehorse
09-17-2017, 09:07 AM
That is a really good piece on this situation- and a tragic reflection on just how shitty this franchise has become- we are a disaster!

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

ChoppedWood
09-17-2017, 09:12 AM
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Which one, shitty, or disaster? I think both are used in appropriate context.

Colts And Orioles
09-17-2017, 09:33 AM

o

From the article ........ And while it may be false that Luck wants a trade, three NFL front office executives—all from the NFC—believe Luck should demand one. One executive said he fears Luck will become the next Vinny Testaverde.

So, 3 NFC front-office executives are willing to take Luck off of the Colts' inept hands so he could perhaps play for their team ???

Very generous of them.

Also, the comparisons to Archie Manning and Vinny Testaverde are inapt, especially Manning ........ in Manning's 14-season NFL career, he played for 13 losing teams and one .500 (8-8) team. In Luck's first 3 seasons in the league, his teams went 11-5, 11-5, and 11-5, making the postseason all 3 times with 2 division titles and one trip to the AFC Championship game.

o

ChoppedWood
09-17-2017, 09:49 AM
I don't think the point was so much comparing their records as the ultimate outcomes of their careers due to being punching bags because their teams didn't focus on their protection and caused them to be beaten to death over time. Even in those 11-5 years Luck was getting smashed- a LOT. In some areas he can be said to have been beaten up more than David Carr. Let that sink in for a minute- this is Andrew Luck, the second coming, the one set to assume the throne of NFL Godliness- and this crap ass organization has allowed him to get hit more than David Fucking Carr! Look around at some of the trash we've pushed out there claiming to call themselves offensive linemen.

It's weird, there's this sort of collective amnesia- even when we were winning games a LOT of us would talk about how this was not sustainable that Luck was not going to last if he kept getting hit like he was. Here we are and that chicken has come to roost and everyone is like "why would he be upset about what has been going on?".

It's been basically a week since all that crap hit the media. What say Andrew Luck, Ballard, Irsay? Zero that's what... hey when is Andrew Luck going to practice? Oh that's right, they don't have a timetable for that right now...

There are three scenarios here, period:
1-They are tanking on purpose despite the claim you can't / don't do that in the NFL.
2-He has in fact had enough of this fucking circus and is forcing their hand trying to get out without tarnishing his rep by using the media to do it.
3-He is too injured to even fucking practice- and if that is the case 9 months after surgery, all the "he's gonna come back and be better than ever" ... seriously???

omahacolt
09-17-2017, 10:07 AM
I don't think the point was so much comparing their records as the ultimate outcomes of their careers due to being punching bags because their teams didn't focus on their protection and caused them to be beaten to death over time. Even in those 11-5 years Luck was getting smashed- a LOT. In some areas he can be said to have been beaten up more than David Carr. Let that sink in for a minute- this is Andrew Luck, the second coming, the one set to assume the throne of NFL Godliness- and this crap ass organization has allowed him to get hit more than David Fucking Carr! Look around at some of the trash we've pushed out there claiming to call themselves offensive linemen.

It's weird, there's this sort of collective amnesia- even when we were winning games a LOT of us would talk about how this was not sustainable that Luck was not going to last if he kept getting hit like he was. Here we are and that chicken has come to roost and everyone is like "why would he be upset about what has been going on?".

It's been basically a week since all that crap hit the media. What say Andrew Luck, Ballard, Irsay? Zero that's what... hey when is Andrew Luck going to practice? Oh that's right, they don't have a timetable for that right now...

1-They are tanking on purpose despite the claim you can't / don't do that in the NFL.
2-He has in fact had enough of this fucking circus and is forcing their hand trying to get out without tarnishing his rep by using the media to do it.
3-He is too injured to even fucking practice- and if that is the case 9 months after surgery, all the "he's gonna come back and be better than ever" ... seriously???

1) since Luck has been with the colts he has been to the playoffs 3 times and to one afc championship game. people act like the colts have had zero success since he was drafted.

2) grigson and pagano were bad hires. grigson is gone. pagano will be soon. they shouldn't have gotten extensions. that is a fact. but you werent going to fire them after 2013 or 2014. and even then 3 years for a gm and coach is not much time to be honest. that is bare minimum you want to fire people or you look like the browns.

no gm or head coach hire is going to be a fool proof success. league consensus is that ballard was a good hire. is that not moving in the right direction

3) the colts did try and supply olinemen to protect luck. they just did a bad job. and the guy that did a bad job at that got fired. do you really think luck is going to throw a fit about that?

4) any coach worth his salt would have an open dialogue with luck to hear his concerns about the offense. if luck wanted a shorter passing game, they can do it. example is of when hasselbeck came in.

5) i heard the nfl doc that does all the radio shows and he says that there was no way luck was going to start the season. it didn't fit the recovery timeline for his surgery.

6) your posts are terrible. you come off as a little bitch

ChoppedWood
09-17-2017, 10:23 AM
1) since Luck has been with the colts he has been to the playoffs 3 times and to one afc championship game. people act like the colts have had zero success since he was drafted.

2) grigson and pagano were bad hires. grigson is gone. pagano will be soon. they shouldn't have gotten extensions. that is a fact. but you werent going to fire them after 2013 or 2014. and even then 3 years for a gm and coach is not much time to be honest. that is bare minimum you want to fire people or you look like the browns.

no gm or head coach hire is going to be a fool proof success. league consensus is that ballard was a good hire. is that not moving in the right direction

3) the colts did try and supply olinemen to protect luck. they just did a bad job. and the guy that did a bad job at that got fired. do you really think luck is going to throw a fit about that?

4) any coach worth his salt would have an open dialogue with luck to hear his concerns about the offense. if luck wanted a shorter passing game, they can do it. example is of when hasselbeck came in.

5) i heard the nfl doc that does all the radio shows and he says that there was no way luck was going to start the season. it didn't fit the recovery timeline for his surgery.

6) your posts are terrible. you come off as a little bitch

I don't think anyone said we didn't have success since he's been here- where is that Omaha can you pull that link up? I do recall a lot of discussion about how awesome it was to see us shoot back to life so quick, how blessed we were to land another 15 year legend, but also everyone expressing the same concerns about how the dude is getting killed (and some of that was him holding the ball to let a 40 yard route develop 4 out of 5 snaps for 5 years). We did gripe about that, ignoring we did that now, is foolish.

If Luck is pissed, it's because while they might have tried, they for one reason or another, failed in that regard. We are widely regarded to be the worst team in the NFL or at least competing with the Jets for that title this year. We are fucking horrible!

"I was destined to rule the football world, now my career is sh!t, there's no way we're going to be back to contending for at least 3-4 years, but hey Jim at least you tried. Sure I'll go out there and have my career end tomorrow so you can keep bodies in those seats, sure, sure...".

The naivety around these parts has become comical. There's nothing wrong here at all, nothing. We're gonna be fine, we're probably gonna sniff the playoffs this year and win the SB next year. We'll probably win 8 straight after that.

We drafted one OL this year, a major project, in the 4th. We cut him and not only kept Scott Tolzein we started an NFL opener with him (looks like a genius GM to me...). We started an undrafted rookie FA at center!

Lookout Bill and Tom, we're coming for your records.

omahacolt
09-17-2017, 10:52 AM
I don't think anyone said we didn't have success since he's been here- where is that Omaha can you pull that link up? I do recall a lot of discussion about how awesome it was to see us shoot back to life so quick, how blessed we were to land another 15 year legend, but also everyone expressing the same concerns about how the dude is getting killed (and some of that was him holding the ball to let a 40 yard route develop 4 out of 5 snaps for 5 years). We did gripe about that, ignoring we did that now, is foolish.

If Luck is pissed, it's because while they might have tried, they for one reason or another, failed in that regard. We are widely regarded to be the worst team in the NFL or at least competing with the Jets for that title this year. We are fucking horrible!

"I was destined to rule the football world, now my career is sh!t, there's no way we're going to be back to contending for at least 3-4 years, but hey Jim at least you tried. Sure I'll go out there and have my career end tomorrow so you can keep bodies in those seats, sure, sure...".

The naivety around these parts has become comical. There's nothing wrong here at all, nothing. We're gonna be fine, we're probably gonna sniff the playoffs this year and win the SB next year. We'll probably win 8 straight after that.

We drafted one OL this year, a major project, in the 4th. We cut him and not only kept Scott Tolzein we started an NFL opener with him (looks like a genius GM to me...). We started an undrafted rookie FA at center!

Lookout Bill and Tom, we're coming for your records.

we are widely regarded as the worst team because 3 of our 5 best playes are injured. including our star qb.

we lack talent. but the cupboard isn't bare. and we don't have a bunch of dead money on the cap or soon to be dead money. players take time to develop. you draft guys you have to play them. no team can have great depth everywhere. if those draft picks work out you are hurting.

the media slammng the colts for not winning a super bowl with Luck in his first 5 years is stupid.

the colts should be slammed for employing a shit bag like pagano. he is responsible for this ship looking so bad. him throwing his coaches and grigson under the bus publicly through leaks has been a terrible look. all while he just keeps getting worse and worse.

if pagano keeps this in house and behaves like a real man, this isn't even a conversation.

Hoopsdoc
09-17-2017, 10:57 AM

I don't think you can completely absolve Luck of blame for all the hits he's taken. He holds on to the ball way to long at times.

Having said that, the line has been bad.

Maniac
09-17-2017, 11:40 AM
I don't think you can completely absolve Luck of blame for all the hits he's taken. He holds on to the ball way to long at times.

Having said that, the line has been bad.

That is on the coaches to change the offense then to stop him from doing that. 3 step drops and quicker passes, yet they continue to have him take 7 step drops behind a bad line.

YDFL Commish
09-17-2017, 11:51 AM
Ballard and Irsay have got to show a commitment to the fans and a commitment to protect Luck, by either trading for or drafting a stud LT/RT between now and the beginning of the 2018 season.

I don't care if they over pay, I don't care if the pay too much to move up in the draft. I don't care if they trade away 1st round draft picks or some of our better players. I don't care if they sell the farm.

The cap space is there, let's not fucking waste it! BE BOLD!

ChoppedWood
09-17-2017, 12:05 PM
Man I just heard a crazy stat. We beat the crap out of the OL for all the hits Luck takes- and hell yes I agree that because of a combo of scheme, lack of talent, and Luck's propensity to hold the ball forever- it leads to him getting hit far more than say NE and the dink and dunk.

That said- they just said last week's Mack run of 24 yards- was the longest for the Colts since the 2015 season!

Damn man, that just smacks of complete crapness up front for a LONG LONG LONG time. Very sad.

Maniac
09-17-2017, 12:22 PM
Man I just heard a crazy stat. We beat the crap out of the OL for all the hits Luck takes- and hell yes I agree that because of a combo of scheme, lack of talent, and Luck's propensity to hold the ball forever- it leads to him getting hit far more than say NE and the dink and dunk.

That said- they just said last week's Mack run of 24 yards- was the longest for the Colts since the 2015 season!

Damn man, that just smacks of complete crapness up front for a LONG LONG LONG time. Very sad.

Well yeah, the o-line has been bad, but Gore isn't a RB that is going to break off long runs like that either.

YDFL Commish
09-17-2017, 12:27 PM
Well yeah, the o-line has been bad, but Gore isn't a RB that is going to break off long runs like that either.

Correct. Long runs are more of barometer of the elusiveness and speed of the RB, and the downfield blocking of the WR's and TE's than OL effectiveness.

Gore is just a grinder at this stage of his career.

Racehorse
09-17-2017, 04:23 PM
Which one, shitty, or disaster? I think both are used in appropriate context.

No, we

1965southpaw
09-18-2017, 06:17 PM
Luck formally ruled out for week 3 against Cleveland and we are 2.5 point underdogs by Vegas......smh.

Colt Classic
09-18-2017, 06:40 PM
Late October at the earliest.

njcoltfan
09-18-2017, 06:48 PM
Late October at the earliest.

Next year.

Indiana V2
09-18-2017, 07:54 PM
Next year.

Knowing how straightforward,and truthful the Colts have been about Luck, I'd say we're screwed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HolderStephen/status/909875495315103744

Colt Classic
09-18-2017, 08:07 PM
Next year.

For another team!

rcubed
09-18-2017, 08:18 PM
For another team!

Shut yo mouth

ChoppedWood
09-18-2017, 10:08 PM
Correct. Long runs are more of barometer of the elusiveness and speed of the RB, and the downfield blocking of the WR's and TE's than OL effectiveness.

Gore is just a grinder at this stage of his career.

It's 24 fucking yards. 24! You've had a vertical game with one of the most prolific wide receivers in the game during that span... 24 fucking yards.