PDA

View Full Version : Who starts Sunday?

Hoopsdoc
09-11-2017, 05:34 PM
Florio says Luck is confirmed out again on Sunday, as we all suspected.

Do they dare trot Tool-zien out there again? Do they have the balls to do that?

Brisset is the only other option, but does he know enough of the playbook?

Will they resign Morris? Thoughts.....?

Brylok
09-11-2017, 05:38 PM
Tolzien. Pagano doesn't give a shit. They can just say that Brisset doesn't know the playbook well enough yet. No way Morris is resigned. They'd look like fools and have to admit that mistake.

omahacolt
09-11-2017, 05:52 PM
tolzein will start but it is stupid. so of course pagano will do it.

all they need to do is get biscuit to learn like 12 real plays and 1 play where the team just runs all 9's and he throws deep hoping for pass interference.

that would be better than what tolzien will offer

FatDT
09-11-2017, 07:12 PM
Good chance it's Tolzien. And good chance Pagano pretends to be surprised/irritated if anyone questions it.

nate505
09-11-2017, 07:18 PM
Starting Tolzien would be a move that would be incomprehensibly stupid.

Which is Pags' mantra, so Tolzien.

Indiana V2
09-11-2017, 07:35 PM
One of the shows i watched today made it sound like the Colts were preparing to go with Brissett.

ChoppedWood
09-11-2017, 07:47 PM
If Tolzein starts, I am openly rooting for the Cards. I have never in my life rooted for another team than these guys- but I will Sunday and what's really shitty, I could almost justify doing it anyway just based on Arians vs Pagono even if Manning were behind center--- yes it is that bad!

Racehorse
09-11-2017, 07:57 PM
If Tolzein starts, I am openly rooting for the Cards. I have never in my life rooted for another team than these guys- but I will Sunday and what's really shitty, I could almost justify doing it anyway just based on Arians vs Pagono even if Manning were behind center--- yes it is that bad!
If AZ has a bad year, maybe Arians gets axed and we get him to replace Woody.

ChoppedWood
09-11-2017, 07:58 PM

Now that I could sign the hell up for!

Puck
09-11-2017, 08:37 PM

Funny. I got blasted for saying they should keep Bruce and get rid of the Clap back when he came back

bertjones
09-11-2017, 08:42 PM
Tolzein will start and get replaced at halftime.

Racehorse
09-11-2017, 08:44 PM
Funny. I got blasted for saying they should keep Bruce and get rid of the Clap back when he came back

Your idea seemed...heartless, given the cancer thing. In retrospect, heartless might have been what was needed.

Indiana V2
09-11-2017, 08:50 PM
Your idea seemed...heartless, given the cancer thing. In retrospect, heartless might have been what was needed.

In all honesty I was with Puck preferring Arians over Pagano, but knew we couldn't because of Pagano's cancer, though I was hoping that Chuck would just decide not to return to coaching so Bruce could be elevated to full-time Head Coach.

omahacolt
09-11-2017, 08:54 PM

That was never an option.

You got blasted because it wasn't going to happen

Butter
09-11-2017, 08:56 PM
I hated Arians offense but would prefer him to Clappy.

Puck
09-11-2017, 08:59 PM
I hated Arians offense but would prefer him to Clappy.

We have a similar but shittier version of it now

Butter
09-11-2017, 09:05 PM
We have a similar but shittier version of it now

I do not disagree, Pags is clearly the worse coach.

Coltsalr
09-11-2017, 09:24 PM

Bruce would've seen that as a repugnant move for them to fire his friend that had just recovered from cancer and would've rightfully told the Colts to fuck off had they made such an offer.

nate505
09-11-2017, 09:50 PM
That was never an option.

You got blasted because it wasn't going to happen

Yeah, I saw a Real Sports segment on Arians and he said he wouldn't have took the job if offered. I mean, it would have been the right move for the Colts and maybe Bruce, but to say the optics would have looked bad is really underselling that statement.

Colts And Orioles
09-11-2017, 10:03 PM
o

I wish that the Colts still had Stephen Morris on the roster.

o

natagu23
09-11-2017, 10:21 PM
Tolzein will start and get replaced at halftime.

Sounds about right.

I would also add that Patrick Peterson probably gets a pick six.

Hoopsdoc
09-12-2017, 05:02 PM

I expect them to play better against Arizona, but if Tolzien starts, it won't matter.

The only shot they have of winning is if Brisset starts.

Puck
09-12-2017, 06:41 PM
I expect them to play better against Arizona, but if Tolzien starts, it won't matter.

The only shot they have of winning is if Brisset starts.

And Brisset probably knows about 5 plays. Take Zona in a roll. Over the Clap

Butter
09-12-2017, 07:10 PM

I would hope by now he knows a fair bit more than that.

Racehorse
09-12-2017, 07:14 PM

Then there's this article: https://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/9/12/16295080/colts-freeman-lindley-ready-6-days-can-start-brissett

Thorgrim
09-12-2017, 10:24 PM
Then there's this article: https://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/9/12/16295080/colts-freeman-lindley-ready-6-days-can-start-brissett

Pagano is quoted as saying he would consider it, but not this Sunday against the Cowboys.

YDFL Commish
09-12-2017, 10:28 PM

Better to run 5 plays well, than run 30 plays shitty!

bertjones
09-12-2017, 11:35 PM
As far as I can tell the offensive playbook is to hand it off to Gore a couple
of times and then chuck it downfield, hot reads and intermediate routes be damned. Shouldn't be too hard to pick up.

NextManUp
09-13-2017, 12:49 AM
Maybe I missed it, but why are more people not upset that Ballard didn't have a decent QB ready to go? Luck had surgery back in January. They had to have known that there was at least a chance that he wouldn't be ready. The organization seems like they were blindsided by some kind of freak accident. Did they not learn anything in 2011? There is plenty of cap space. Is Painter 2.0 really the best option out there?

Hoopsdoc
09-13-2017, 05:24 AM
Maybe I missed it, but why are more people not upset that Ballard didn't have a decent QB ready to go? Luck had surgery back in January. They had to have known that there was at least a chance that he wouldn't be ready. The organization seems like they were blindsided by some kind of freak accident. Did they not learn anything in 2011? There is plenty of cap space. Is Painter 2.0 really the best option out there?

My hunch is Pagano "stood on the table" for Tolzien. In fact, I'd say it's about a 99 percent chance he did.

omahacolt
09-13-2017, 05:50 AM
My hunch is Pagano "stood on the table" for Tolzien. In fact, I'd say it's about a 99 percent chance he did.

That would be my guess as well

Not that that fully absolves Ballard of blame

sherck
09-13-2017, 07:24 AM
From an earlier thread. Honestly, answer the question at the end.
Not to be a downer, but whom would you have signed?

Mike Glennon and Jay Cutler all making more than $10m for 2017. Just a bit outside our price range for a backup QB.

Landry Jones (whom I like) stayed with the same team without negotiating with anyone else.

QBs over 30 (Ballard would probably have avoided): Josh McCown, Brian Hoyer, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Mark Sanchez, Josh Johnson, Joe Webb, Chase Daniels, T.J. Yates, Dan Orlovsky, Shaun Hill, Bruce Gradkowski and Charlie Whitehead.

Matt Barkley (26 years old) was available. Nick Foles (28 years old) was available.However, both those guys wanted a chance to challenge for starter duties. Not happening in Indy.

The Remaining guys:

Case Keenum
Geno Smith
Blaine Gabbert
Austin Davis
Matt McGloin
E.J. Manuel
Thaddeus Lewis
Ryan Nassib
Kellen Moore
David Fales
Aaron Murray
Colin Kaepernick
RGIII
Christian Pounder
Zach Mettenberger
Keith Wenning
Dylan Thompson
Sean Renfree

Which one of those world beaters would you have said, prior to free agency starting, is heads and shoulders better than Scott Tolzien?

Answer the question. The QB free agency class was thin.

I am not saying that Ballard did not make some mistakes this off season; using a 4th round draft pick on a guy who is apparently lazy was one of them.

But backup QB? Which one of those world beaters is your solution? Because whomever you pick, I can argue the opposite with probably more firepower.

Walk Worthy,

DrSpaceman
09-13-2017, 08:47 AM
Surely they can teach Brissett even 20 or so plays for the game. He has had a couple weeks with the system. I realize its a short time for a big playbook, but lets be honest, the Colts offensive playbook does not appear to be that vast or complicated in the first place. Which is part of the problem.

And there are some plays ever team runs. Hand off to Gore/Mack. Maybe actually run some screen plays he can complete. Short passes to Doyle. Some end arounds to get TY Hilton in the game even if you can't pass it to him. Simple routes to Moncrief/Hilton. Fly/post patterns to them when needed. How tough could it be to teach him a small group of basic plays?

Just don't put Tolzien out there again. Don't bother, waste of time.

Which of course means, Tolzien will start