PDA

View Full Version : Pagano may have Actually Topped His Fake Punt Attempt

Colts And Orioles
09-10-2017, 11:01 PM
o

When I saw the Colts' fake punt attempt against the Patriots on national television in 2015, I thought that that was going to be the worse call that Pagano was ever going to make as the head coach of the team.

I may have been wrong.

Pagano seeing to it that the offense hustled up to the line of scrimmage to run a play as though he were afraid of the referees even thinking about looking at what should have been a Colts touchdown against the Rams this afternoon just may have been worse.

Chuck Pagano Cost the Colts Four Points by not Challenging a Would-Be TD

(By Will Brinson)

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chuck-pagano-cost-the-colts-four-points-by-not-challenging-a-would-be-td/

o

Brylok
09-10-2017, 11:36 PM
Bruh... No. That fake punt is one of the single worst NFL plays of all time. Changed the course of that game.

nate505
09-10-2017, 11:48 PM
This is up there. Perhaps not as spectacularly bad, but spectacularly bad in the sense that even a 10 year old could grasp that when you have the ball and the call could go in your favor, you don't hurry the play up.

Colts And Orioles
09-11-2017, 12:00 AM
Bruh... No. That fake punt is one of the single worst NFL plays of all time. Changed the course of that game.

o

I wouldn't say that it changed the course of the game, because that would insinuate that the Colts had the edge at the time of the fake punt. They didn't. The Patriots did. They were leading by a score of 27-21, plus they were going to receive the ball because it was 4th down for the Colts. Pagano just made it easier for the Patriots to win the game in that they had to work a little less harder for the win by giving them the shorter field.

But it's true that (in hindsight) the fake punt was more costly because the Colts had at least a reasonably good chance to win that game. Today, they didn't.

o

VeveJones007
09-11-2017, 12:10 AM
I thought this was going to be regarding how Pagano gave credit to the "49ers and coach McVay" for how well they played. No wonder the Colts are so ill prepared every game. Their head coach doesn't know who they're playing.

Spike
09-11-2017, 07:24 PM
There really is no topping that fake punt BS.

Pagano has made the Colts a laughing stock in the league. Fans and the national media know that Pagano is clueless, yet here he is running, or should I say ruining our beloved Colts. He was handed one of the best QB prospects to come out of college in years and effectively FUBAR'ed that. Irsay needs to get off his ass and fire this POS immediately. Hand the reigns to one of the assistant coaches for now and next year he and Ballard need to hire a real NFL coach. I'm fucking done with Pagano, hell I have been done with him for a couple of years. Totally worthless and an embarrassment as an NFL head coach.

Indiana V2
09-11-2017, 07:33 PM

Pagano has made the Colts a laughing stock in the league. Fans and the national media know that Pagano is clueless, yet here he is running, or should I say ruining our beloved Colts. He was handed one of the best QB prospects to come out of college in years and effectively FUBAR'ed that. Irsay needs to get off his ass and fire this POS immediately. Hand the reigns to one of the assistant coaches for now and next year he and Ballard need to hire a real NFL coach. I'm fucking done with Pagano, hell I have been done with him for a couple of years. Totally worthless and an embarrassment as an NFL head coach.

Yep, I had the day off today, and watching many NFL shows today was disheartening how the Colts were bashed. We were once a proud franchise that garnered much respect from around the league, now we're laughed at, all because our intoxicated owner can't freaking wake up, and realize Chuck Pagano has ruined his franchise.

nate505
09-11-2017, 09:54 PM

I've been a Colts fan for nearly 30 years now (for the dumbest reason...I wanted to be different at school for who I rooted for and I liked playing them in Tecmo Bowl), and have endured a lot (the 1-15 season was brutal, and a handful of others that I've tried to forget), but this is about as bad as it gets.

I'll be a Colts fan until my death, but this group of jokers is making it real hard to do.