PDA

View Full Version : Matt Jones Released

IndyNorm
09-09-2017, 01:27 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2732333-matt-jones-released-by-indianapolis-colts

Sounds like it was to make room for Adam Redmond from the PS to be the backup OC. I know he wouldn't have helped with the situation at OC but dislike releasing Banner even more now.

omahacolt
09-09-2017, 04:50 PM
If they thought banner could play, I'm sure they would have kept him

Maniac
09-09-2017, 05:50 PM
I know he wouldn't have helped with the situation at OC but dislike releasing Banner even more now.

You should dislike them drafting him.

sherck
09-09-2017, 08:42 PM
I am a bit disappointed by the draft pick and then release. 4th round draft choices need to develop into at least quality backup guys if not starters.

When he was released, it sounded like to me that it was an effort issue. Ballard made some statement about having to come to work every day.

If that is the case, then he was drafted based on his ability and potential and released because they probable decided that his work effort would never let him reach that potential.

Since he was the only compensation we got for Allen (other than losing his cap hit), it is disappointing.

Walk Worthy,

omahacolt
09-09-2017, 09:42 PM
I am a bit disappointed by the draft pick and then release. 4th round draft choices need to develop into at least quality backup guys if not starters.

When he was released, it sounded like to me that it was an effort issue. Ballard made some statement about having to come to work every day.

If that is the case, then he was drafted based on his ability and potential and released because they probable decided that his work effort would never let him reach that potential.

Since he was the only compensation we got for Allen (other than losing his cap hit), it is disappointing.

Walk Worthy,
Trading Allen made this team worse. We could afford the cap hit. I don't understand the constant desire to add draft picks

Dam8610
09-09-2017, 11:54 PM

Why? Most 4th rounders don't amount to much, I like the willingness to admit a mistake and move on. Grigson could've used a LOT more of that.

Trading Allen made this team worse. We could afford the cap hit. I don't understand the constant desire to add draft picks

Yes, his 0 catches for 0 yards will be sorely missed against the Rams.

IndyNorm
09-10-2017, 09:12 AM

You might be right. I had just read and heard that he had a ton of potential but needed to keep his weight under control and that was going well with the help of team dietitians and the training staff, so I was surprised when he was cut.

You guys do make a good point that if he was better and/or possibly put forth a better effort that he'd still be here.

Racehorse
09-10-2017, 09:19 AM
You might be right. I had just read and heard that he had a ton of potential but needed to keep his weight under control and that was going well with the help of team dietitians and the training staff, so I was surprised when he was cut.

You guys do make a good point that if he was better and/or possibly put forth a better effort that he'd still be here.

The same shortcomings that made his weight an issue did not go away by assigning dietitians. That is why he is gone.

Butter
09-10-2017, 11:39 AM
I bet he fumbled the pen when he tried to sign his contract.