PDA

View Full Version : And Cheater fans everywhere go....uh oh.....

sherck
09-08-2017, 07:42 AM
Not because the Cheaters lost.....at home.....on opening night........

Not because their defense got lit up like a Christmas tree.......

Not because the wonder twin boys of Allen and Dorsett combined for 0 yards on 0 catches......

But, because Tommy Cheater had Scott Tolzien like numbers in the game.

Quarter 1 = 7 completions / 11 attempts / 093 yards / 0 TD / 0 INT
Quarter 2 = 2 completions / 06 attempts / 038 yards / 0 TD / 0 INT
Quarter 3 = 4 completions / 09 attempts / 101 yards / 0 TD / 0 INT
Quarter 4 = 3 completions / 10 attempts / 037 yards / 0 TD / 0 INT

16 completions / 36 attempts / 267 yards / 0 TD / 0 INT

Okay, that is a bit of a stretch. He did not have Tolzien type numbers because I don't think that Tolzien can go 7 of 11 for 93 yards like Tommy Cheater did in the 1st quarter.

Tommy Cheater is the largest factor in the Cheats being relevant. Yes, Bellicheat is an excellent coach when he is not cheating but Tommy has been able to deliver the goods time and time and time again when needed.

He came up way, way short last night. Granted, once KC got up and the Cheats needed to press, their pass rush got pretty vicious but that does not explain a 2 for 6 2nd quarter or a 4 for 9 3rd quarter. He had "ham sandwich eating time" in the pocket in the 2nd quarter without pressure.

Something to keep an eye on but if Tommy Cheater is slowing down and falling off a cliff, then that is great news for the rest of the NFL.

Walk Worthy,

DrSpaceman
09-08-2017, 07:49 AM
They kept trying to go long to Cooks and he didn't hit it much.

Bad throw to Allen on the first play.

Allen and Dorsett had zero impact on the game, even after Amendola went out

Indiana V2
09-08-2017, 08:03 AM
As much as I despise Tom Brady i will never count him out, dude always finds a way to overcome. This was just the first game of a long season, I'm sure with more practice and game time with Cooks, Allen, and Dorsett, Brady will be putting up big numbers again.

Pez
09-08-2017, 08:38 AM
Stunned that Kareem Hunt torched the Patriots for 148 yards rushing, almost 100 passing and 3 tds...

FatDT
09-08-2017, 08:38 AM
They will figure it out with more time to prepare, set the roster better, and watch opposing teams' practice tapes.

njcoltfan
09-08-2017, 09:52 AM
Not because the Cheaters lost.....at home.....on opening night........

Not because their defense got lit up like a Christmas tree.......

Not because the wonder twin boys of Allen and Dorsett combined for 0 yards on 0 catches......

But, because Tommy Cheater had Scott Tolzien like numbers in the game.

Quarter 1 = 7 completions / 11 attempts / 093 yards / 0 TD / 0 INT
Quarter 2 = 2 completions / 06 attempts / 038 yards / 0 TD / 0 INT
Quarter 3 = 4 completions / 09 attempts / 101 yards / 0 TD / 0 INT
Quarter 4 = 3 completions / 10 attempts / 037 yards / 0 TD / 0 INT

16 completions / 36 attempts / 267 yards / 0 TD / 0 INT

Okay, that is a bit of a stretch. He did not have Tolzien type numbers because I don't think that Tolzien can go 7 of 11 for 93 yards like Tommy Cheater did in the 1st quarter.

Tommy Cheater is the largest factor in the Cheats being relevant. Yes, Bellicheat is an excellent coach when he is not cheating but Tommy has been able to deliver the goods time and time and time again when needed.

He came up way, way short last night. Granted, once KC got up and the Cheats needed to press, their pass rush got pretty vicious but that does not explain a 2 for 6 2nd quarter or a 4 for 9 3rd quarter. He had "ham sandwich eating time" in the pocket in the 2nd quarter without pressure.

Something to keep an eye on but if Tommy Cheater is slowing down and falling off a cliff, then that is great news for the rest of the NFL.

Walk Worthy,
I've got to hand it to you Sherck, the glass is always half full. The Pats being taken to the woodshed for an ass whippin does nothing to help our pathetic team. At the end of the season, the Pats will still be light years ahead of our Colts, because they have a head coach and the Colts don't.

Brylok
09-08-2017, 10:06 AM
Brady wasn't very good. I thought it was just rust but he consistently overthrew receivers the entire game.

Pez
09-08-2017, 11:49 AM
Counting last night, in the last seven seasons, the Pats have only lost by two TDs four times. Chiefs, Bills, Chiefs, Browns.

The team is so good I can see how the rest of the AFC might find it morally deflating.

Fuck the Patriots.

Just for fun...

Browns:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJD_bB-hLmo

Chiefs (2014):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTrLMeSfpeE

Bills (2016, vs brissett at QB, Jerry Huges sack at 1:00):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f0Ha-d9zMM

omahacolt
09-08-2017, 12:43 PM
I disagree

Get rid of Brady and you have a small let down. Belicheat is why they are successful

Dam8610
09-08-2017, 12:48 PM
Allen and Dorsett had zero impact on the game, even after Amendola went out

What?! Impossible! These were such huge personnel losses for the Colts, how could they possibly have not made an impact?!

albany ed
09-08-2017, 01:00 PM
I disagree

Get rid of Brady and you have a small let down. Belicheat is why they are successful

Totally agree. Two QBs that are on everyone's list as all time greats, (Brady and Montana) had brilliant coaches. Brady's a very good QB, but his best asset is learning and following everything BB conceives.

A few years back, the pats lost their opener to the Bills in devastating fashion. I don't think they're done yet, and I feel sorry for their next opponent.

1965southpaw
09-08-2017, 01:04 PM
I disagree

Couldn't agree more. Bellicheat is the most significant asset on that team. I have no doubt he will right this ship and use it to his advantage to avoid the Super Bowl hangover that always happens. What I most enjoy about that beating (besides the utter humiliation of obnoxious chowda heads) is that we won't have to hear the talking heads go on about 16-0 and 19-0 all day every day. If that makes me a petty Colts fan girl, I can own it! ;)

sherck
09-08-2017, 01:24 PM
I've got to hand it to you Sherck, the glass is always half full. The Pats being taken to the woodshed for an ass whippin does nothing to help our pathetic team. At the end of the season, the Pats will still be light years ahead of our Colts, because they have a head coach and the Colts don't.
Agreed that the Cheats getting beat really has no impact on the Colts. They will win and lose as they will.

But, personally? I get almost as much pleasure out of seeing the Cheats lose as I do seeing the Colts win.

Walk Worthy,

sherck
09-08-2017, 01:26 PM
Totally agree. Two QBs that are on everyone's list as all time greats, (Brady and Montana) had brilliant coaches. Brady's a very good QB, but his best asset is learning and following everything BB conceives.

A few years back, the pats lost their opener to the Bills in devastating fashion. I don't think they're done yet, and I feel sorry for their next opponent.
I did not say that they were done.

I merely was pointing out that Tommy Cheater had a terrible game even when he was not being pressured when down and if that is a trend that continues, then the world outside of the Northeast will be rejoicing.

Walk Worthy,

1965southpaw
09-08-2017, 02:43 PM
I did not say that they were done.

I merely was pointing out that Tommy Cheater had a terrible game even when he was not being pressured when down and if that is a trend that continues, then the world outside of the Northeast will be rejoicing.

Walk Worthy,

There are plenty of us in the northeast that rejoice when the chowda heads get beat.

njcoltfan
09-08-2017, 03:37 PM
Agreed that the Cheats getting beat really has no impact on the Colts. They will win and lose as they will.

But, personally? I get almost as much pleasure out of seeing the Cheats lose as I do seeing the Colts win.

Walk Worthy,

Well, on that I totally agree with you on !!! I will never get tired of seeing those bastards getting their asses kicked !! Problem is, it just doesn't happen as much as we all want!!

Hoopsdoc
09-08-2017, 05:53 PM
That was a shocking outcome, for sure. Brady just looked old as heck. He was sacked once when his center was shoved back into him and he just fell over. That doesn't happen to a 25 year old.

But good Lord, that defense was just PUTRID. At home, no less. That would be my biggest concern, if I were a cheats fan. KC did whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted to do it.

DrSpaceman
09-08-2017, 07:28 PM
BB has much more to do with that teams success than Brady

I am not saying Brady is a system QB or an average QB or anything like that. No QB goes to 7 SBs with average talent.

Is Brady were to go down next week though, the Pats and BB would like still win this division and go deep in the playoffs.

Would still rather be cheering for the Colts to win than the Pats to lose, but the latter is always nice nonetheless.

Colts And Orioles
09-08-2017, 10:01 PM
I disagree.

Get rid of Brady, and you have a small letdown. Belicheat is why they are successful.

o

I largely agree with this, but in my rat's ass of an opinion, Brady is an excellent quarterback.

But the Patriots went 11-5 when Brady missed an entire season with an injury, and only missed the postseason because the AFC was stacked that season.

The Colts, on the other hand, started the 2011 season at 0-13 and finished it at 2-14 when Peyton Manning missed the entire season with an injury.

If Aaron Rodgers were the quarterback for the Patriots all of the years that Brady was, I believe that they would have had more than the 7 Super Bowl appearances and 5 Super Bowl wins that they currently have with Brady behind the center.

If you want to see just how valuable a player is to a team, take him off of said team, and see how they do without him. Peyton Manning carried several average Colts teams (and even 1 or 2 below-average Colts teams) to multiple playoff berths, berths that they would not have come close to sniffing without him. Brady never had such a challenge in his career with the Patriots, as he was always surrounded by great and/or very good teams.

o

apballin
09-09-2017, 11:03 AM
fuck the patriots

albany ed
09-09-2017, 12:00 PM
o

I largely agree with this, but in my rat's ass of an opinion, Brady is an excellent quarterback.

But the Patriots went 11-5 when Brady missed an entire season with an injury, and only missed the postseason because the AFC was stacked that season.

The Colts, on the other hand, started the 2011 season at 0-13 and finished it at 2-14 when Peyton Manning missed the entire season with an injury.

If Aaron Rodgers were the quarterback for the Patriots all of the years that Brady was, I believe that they would have had more than the 7 Super Bowl appearances and 5 Super Bowl wins that they currently have with Brady behind the center.

If you want to see just how valuable a player is to a team, take him off of said team, and see how they do without him. Peyton Manning carried several average Colts teams (and even 1 or 2 below-average Colts teams) to multiple playoff berths, berths that they would not have come close to sniffing without him. Brady never had such a challenge in his career with the Patriots, as he was always surrounded by great and/or very good teams.

o

I'm not so sure about all this. IMO, while both Rogers and Manning are more responsible for their teams' victories, they are their own persons. Brady's strength aside from being a very good passer, is his absolute adherence to the BB method. Rogers is an improvisor, and Manning is a control freak. I'm not sure either of these great QBs would be able to completely buy into the BB way. For that reason, I think Brady is the perfect QB for BB and neither Rogers nor Manning would have done better, BUT, with every other team in the NFL, Brady would not accomplish nearly as much as either Rogers or Manning.

That being said, I hope the pats suck this year. I don't think they will, but one can always hope.

dwilli57
09-09-2017, 02:11 PM
fuck the patriotsAgree...i fell asleep at 27-21 pats knowing it was a waste to watch a blowout. Woke up thought I was dreaming, rubbed one out, then another. It was like christmas. Fuck those assholes.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

VeveJones007
09-09-2017, 05:36 PM
Can't believe I got to page three and nobody mentioned that a roster the Colts GM had a big hand in constructing just gave it to the Patriots.

Racehorse
09-09-2017, 05:40 PM
Can't believe I got to page three and nobody mentioned that a roster the Colts GM had a big hand in constructing just gave it to the Patriots.

Dude, I just started a thread about that. Great minds think alike!

Colts And Orioles
09-10-2017, 02:21 AM
o

o

I'm not so sure about all this. IMO, while both Rogers and Manning are more responsible for their teams' victories, they are their own persons. Brady's strength aside from being a very good passer, is his absolute adherence to the BB method. Rogers is an improvisor, and Manning is a control freak. I'm not sure either of these great QBs would be able to completely buy into the BB way. For that reason, I think Brady is the perfect QB for BB and neither Rogers nor Manning would have done better, BUT, with every other team in the NFL, Brady would not accomplish nearly as much as either Rogers or Manning.

That being said, I hope the pats suck this year. I don't think they will, but one can always hope.

o

I'm sorry, but I don't believe that this theory holds water.

You're asserting the an all-time great coach like Belichick can build teams that can go 11-5 or better whether he plugs in Tom Brady or Matt Cassel as his quarterback, but if he were handed a gold mine like Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning, they would somehow be too independent to be able to succeed because of Belichick's coaching style? You don't think that a coach of Belichick's ability would recognize what he had, and subsequently revise/adapt some of his own concepts because of the fact that he had an all-time great quarterback that was considerably more capable than Brady or Cassel?

You can believe that if you want to, but I don't. The inference is that Belichick would have to jettison Manning/Rodgers if he had one of them on his roster for a less capable (but more obedient) signal caller in order to win as many (or more) championships than he has if he had to do it over again.

o

albany ed
09-10-2017, 06:45 AM
o

I'm sorry, but I don't believe that this theory holds water.

You're asserting the an all-time great coach like Belichick can build teams that can go 11-5 or better whether he plugs in Tom Brady or Matt Cassel as his quarterback, but if he were handed a gold mine like Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning, they would somehow be too independent to be able to succeed because of Belichick's coaching style? You don't think that a coach of Belichick's ability would recognize what he had, and subsequently revise/adapt some of his own concepts because of the fact that he had an all-time great quarterback that was considerably more capable than Brady or Cassel?

You can believe that if you want to, but I don't. The inference is that Belichick would have to jettison Manning/Rodgers if he had one of them on his roster for a less capable (but more obedient) signal caller in order to win as many (or more) championships than he has if he had to do it over again.

o

Not saying Rogers or Manning wouldn't succeed. I'm saying I don't think they'd do better than Brady has done on that team. And, my reason is that both Rogers and Manning would bring their own style to the pats game plan. Styles that make both of them IMO better QBs than Brady, but not better than BB. There is no inference that BB would have to jettison either Rogers or Manning if that was the QB he had, and I object to your even implying that. What I'm saying is that BB is the best offensive mind, by far, in the game today. Just like Walsh was during Montana's time. He'd win with Rogers and Manning, I just don't believe that he'd win more with them than he has with Brady. But, this is all opinion, so we're both just whistling in the wind.

By the way, the team that Cassel led to 11 and 5 went 16 and 0 with Brady the previous year.

DrSpaceman
09-10-2017, 09:36 AM
Not saying Rogers or Manning wouldn't succeed. I'm saying I don't think they'd do better than Brady has done on that team. And, my reason is that both Rogers and Manning would bring their own style to the pats game plan. Styles that make both of them IMO better QBs than Brady, but not better than BB. There is no inference that BB would have to jettison either Rogers or Manning if that was the QB he had, and I object to your even implying that. What I'm saying is that BB is the best offensive mind, by far, in the game today. Just like Walsh was during Montana's time. He'd win with Rogers and Manning, I just don't believe that he'd win more with them than he has with Brady. But, this is all opinion, so we're both just whistling in the wind.

By the way, the team that Cassel led to 11 and 5 went 16 and 0 with Brady the previous year.

And they went 10-6 with Brady the following year.

Colts And Orioles
09-10-2017, 02:18 PM

And they went 10-6 with Brady the following year.

o

11-5 with Cassel in 2008, and 10-6 with Brady in 2009. And the 2009 team was crushed by the Ravens in the Wildcard playoff game.

o

kitekrazy
09-10-2017, 05:18 PM
o

o

Guys who played in the NFL still talk about how Manning was the only QB in the NFL who called plays. You almost have to go back to the 70's to see that again.
I'd bet this is Brady's final season. There's not much left to play for. If BB retires there will be parity in the coaching. I don't think good coaching exists in the NFL because colleges seem more lucrative. As much as I use to be critical of Dungy you have to remember he had to run a team with no guaranteed resources for defense. He's a genius compared to what the Colts have now.

Unfortunately a guy like Luck is being wasted due to previous management's decisions. Face it, we are rebuilding.

Colts And Orioles
09-12-2017, 01:29 AM
o

o

Guys who played in the NFL still talk about how Manning was the only QB in the NFL who called plays. You almost have to go back to the 70's to see that again.
I'd bet this is Brady's final season. There's not much left to play for. If BB retires there will be parity in the coaching. I don't think good coaching exists in the NFL because colleges seem more lucrative. As much as I use to be critical of Dungy you have to remember he had to run a team with no guaranteed resources for defense. He's a genius compared to what the Colts have now.

Unfortunately a guy like Luck is being wasted due to previous management's decisions. Face it, we are rebuilding.

o

Belichick doesn't need Brady, as the 2008 team that went 11-5 with Matt Cassel at quarterback was followed by the 2009 team that went 10-6 with Brady at quarterback would appeared to attest to.

I wonder if he wants to demonstrate that after Brady retires, or if they will leave football's stage simultaneously.

o