PDA

View Full Version : just spitballin

njcoltfan
09-07-2017, 06:38 AM
Anyone here at Coltfreaks think that Luck just might not come back this year? When it was reported that he had shoulder surgery, the fan-base was told that it was a minor procedure and that he would be back under center week one, well as we all know now, not true. Then, after not participating in any of the OTA's we were all told, no problem, he'll still be ready week one, but instead he starts training camp on PUP, but were told that he'll be off PUP before the end of camp. He was, 30 minutes before the deadline !! Through all of this, the only updates the fans are given are by the ones that have been, dare I say lying, since his surgery. Luck has not been seen at practices, nor has anyone seen him throw a ball, let alone interview him, then the trade of your former #1 pick for a "backup" QB that just happens to be a clone of Luck, 6'4', 235lbs, and I start to wonder. I hope I'm wrong, but don't be surprised that once Brissett learns the playbook and he takes over from Tolzien, that the Colts put Luck on IR.

sherck
09-07-2017, 06:47 AM
If Luck goes on IR as a "surprise," I gotta say that the fan base will be, rightly so, pretty mad.

I am not yet ready to subscribe to that line of conspiracy theory thinking. I just think that the Colts have had him under wraps in order to minimize his exposure. I might be wrong but I would like to think that Irsay, at least, would not jerk his fan base around like that. His mind may be shot but his heart has always been with his team and his fan base.

We will see. If so, once Brisket ( :) ) knows the offense, we should be cutting Tolzien and re-signing Morris as the backup. Tolzien just sucks.

Walk Worthy,

Indiana V2
09-07-2017, 07:48 AM
If that's the case why take him off the PUP, and cut Morris?

njcoltfan
09-07-2017, 07:49 AM
If Luck goes on IR as a "surprise," I gotta say that the fan base will be, rightly so, pretty mad.

I am not yet ready to subscribe to that line of conspiracy theory thinking. I just think that the Colts have had him under wraps in order to minimize his exposure. I might be wrong but I would like to think that Irsay, at least, would not jerk his fan base around like that. His mind may be shot but his heart has always been with his team and his fan base.

We will see. If so, once Brisket ( :) ) knows the offense, we should be cutting Tolzien and re-signing Morris as the backup. Tolzien just sucks.

Walk Worthy,
Bottom line, Irsay owns the team to make money. How many fans would have renewed their season tickets if they knew Luck would be out for the year? Luck might also be under wraps because he just can't throw with velocity any more.

Pez
09-07-2017, 10:17 AM
I think Luck starts week 3 vs the Browns. That give him almost 4 weeks since he's been cleared.

Aren't there rules about going on / off the PUP list? Like he has to be physically cleared to play by a medical professional not affiliated with the team?

nate505
09-07-2017, 11:40 AM
I think Luck starts week 3 vs the Browns. That give him almost 4 weeks since he's been cleared.

Aren't there rules about going on / off the PUP list? Like he has to be physically cleared to play by a medical professional not affiliated with the team?

I'm not sure. Was Manning ever on the PUP list the year he didn't play? I thought they did something so that he'd get his full check but don't remember if it involved that or not.

I would think the whole premise of this is ludacris, but I detest this ownership and staff so much and have no trust in them whatsoever that I think anything is theoretically possible. Well maybe that's a bit too much for the ownership side, but I wish Jim Irsay would step down, play guitar, pop some vicodins and let someone else run the show. His daughter seems competent.

DrSpaceman
09-07-2017, 12:03 PM
I would be shocked if he is out the whole season.

They were not going to take a chance of him getting injured in a meaningless preseason game and now they just want him to take a week or two to get back into the offense and working again before just stepping out on the field.

I agree he will likely be back week 3 against Cleveland.

Tried to look it up, doesn't appear Manning ever went on the active roster during his injured season.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/7175697/peyton-manning-indianapolis-colts-go-ir-practice

That was more Polian hoping and praying he could come back and win a game or two and save his job though, which was wishful thinking at best.

Ballard I can't see doing the same and wasting a roster spot. Much different situation. If Luck is out the whole season I think they would find and sign a 33rd qb that can play

omahacolt
09-07-2017, 12:17 PM
I'm not sure. Was Manning ever on the PUP list the year he didn't play? I thought they did something so that he'd get his full check but don't remember if it involved that or not.

I would think the whole premise of this is ludacris, but I detest this ownership and staff so much and have no trust in them whatsoever that I think anything is theoretically possible. Well maybe that's a bit too much for the ownership side, but I wish Jim Irsay would step down, play guitar, pop some vicodins and let someone else run the show. His daughter seems competent.

Manning was never on pup

rcubed
09-07-2017, 12:43 PM
I dont think there is a "conspiracy", I do think they dont know when Luck will really be back so they are just stringing it along. I would guess his shoulder did not bounce back like they expected so they are taking precaution, especially since we will probably stink this year anyway. I would not be shocked if we dont see him anytime soon, especially since we just traded for yet another QB.

Brylok
09-07-2017, 12:55 PM
The bigger theory is that he's taken too much punishment and isn't going to come back at all. Early retirement. I don't believe it of course, but it's out there. I think he comes back week 5.

1965southpaw
09-07-2017, 02:09 PM
I don't buy into this conspiracy at all. I think the secrecy is a combo of 3 factors.....1. They really didn't think it would take Luck this long to rebound 2. They think they can gain a competitive advantage by keeping opponents guessing on what Colts offense they have to plan for and 3. Andrews own desire for privacy. I also don't buy this notion that Andrew is disinterested in coming back soon and is tired of taking the punishment now that he's been paid. He's proven to be extremely professional and ultra competitive. Even when we were out of the playoffs and his shoulder was shredded last year he played the Jax game and was beyond pumped to win a meaningless game. He will be back....game 3 or game 5.