PDA

View Full Version : Clappy on our oline

1965southpaw
09-06-2017, 10:09 PM
“I’ve never felt better about an offensive line or a football team,” Pagano said. “Never felt better.

Well all right then. :cool:

http://www.espn.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/21308/chuck-pagano-says-put-it-on-record-that-he-never-felt-better-about-offensive-line

omahacolt
09-06-2017, 10:28 PM
i am sure dam agrees

because dam is a moron like clappy mcclappyhands

Butter
09-06-2017, 11:21 PM
I get that he has to talk positively about the team, every employee has to talk the company line, but holy fucking shitballs.

FatDT
09-07-2017, 01:58 AM
I just read that Vujonovich took Haeg's job at LG, and Good is the starter at RT. So the starting 5 are Castonzo, Vujonovich, Boyd, Mewhort, and Good.

sherck
09-07-2017, 06:41 AM
I just read that Vujonovich took Haeg's job at LG, and Good is the starter at RT. So the starting 5 are Castonzo, Vujonovich, Boyd, Mewhort, and Good.
Yeah, that is correct.

Wonderboy Good from 2 seasons ago was so overwhelming during his 2nd Training Camp as a 7th round draft choice in 2015 that he could not retain a starting position in 2016 and rode the bench. However, now he is a starter.

Wonderboy Haeg from last season was so overwhelming during his 2nd Training Camp as a 5th round draft choice in 2016 that he could not retain a starting position in 2017 and appears to be riding the bench. We will see if he is again a starter in the future.

Banner drafted in the 4th round and then cut without playing a real down ffor us....

Schwenke signed to a solid veteran contract and then cut without playing a a real down for us....

I have to admit, this "trend" is beginning to make me wonder about Philbin's coaching ability. If the line performs better than, of course, all is forgiven but...

Walk Worthy,

Racehorse
09-07-2017, 07:03 AM
i am sure dam agrees

I am sure dam is pissed that Pags said he has a good roster and to put the blame on him if it goes poorly. According to him, the coach does not matter, only the GM.

sherck
09-07-2017, 07:07 AM
Two quotes from a Stampede Blue article sheds a bit of light
Starting right tackle Denzelle Good also expressed excitement that he was getting an opportunity to both start and move back outside to tackle. He said that he feels more at home on the outside and confirmed that he lost 20 pounds over the summer to enter training camp more agile than he was a season ago.
Pagano also referred to Joe Haeg as the “6th man,” leaving some to wonder whether Haeg is not currently 100 percent after the burner he sustained during training camp. If that is the case, it could explain why he is not currently starting.
We will see how this configuration goes on Sunday.

Walk Worthy,

sherck
09-07-2017, 07:09 AM
And, finally, a note about Banner getting cut from Choppy McWoodClapper
We had a bunch of tough decisions to make and Zach was part of one of those tough decisions. This whole thing is about coming to work every single day and earning your way and earning a spot and competing. Again, it was a tough, tough decision. There’s a guy that’s got a lot of talent and a lot of upside, but it was a competitive camp and it was a competitive room.
Sounds like to me that Banner was lazy and did not show up to play every day.

So, yeah, if he ends up getting his head on straight, he might be good for someone else. Or he could end up another T-Rich.

Walk Worthy,

Indiana V2
09-07-2017, 07:43 AM
“I’ve never felt better about an offensive line or a football team,” Pagano said. “Never felt better.

http://www.espn.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/21308/chuck-pagano-says-put-it-on-record-that-he-never-felt-better-about-offensive-line

We're screwed.

YDFL Commish
09-07-2017, 08:31 AM
I will say this...Good at time, is just a devastating run blocker. If he can just hold his own in pass pro, then I like him at RT.

Colt Classic
09-07-2017, 08:47 AM
Yeah, that is correct.

Wonderboy Good from 2 seasons ago was so overwhelming during his 2nd Training Camp as a 7th round draft choice in 2015 that he could not retain a starting position in 2016 and rode the bench. However, now he is a starter.

Wonderboy Haeg from last season was so overwhelming during his 2nd Training Camp as a 5th round draft choice in 2016 that he could not retain a starting position in 2017 and appears to be riding the bench. We will see if he is again a starter in the future.

Banner drafted in the 4th round and then cut without playing a real down ffor us....

Schwenke signed to a solid veteran contract and then cut without playing a a real down for us....

I have to admit, this "trend" is beginning to make me wonder about Philbin's coaching ability. If the line performs better than, of course, all is forgiven but...

Walk Worthy,

In fairness, I always got the idea that Good was projected as a starter but was too green to be in that position, until now apparently. Chappie always seemed to give that outlook for him anyway. Haven't followed Haeg's projections as closely.

As far as the original post, being so positive is fine, but taken literally, the quote means he has felt worse about the line which would be in spite of prior sunshine & rainbow-filled assessments back then.

omahacolt
09-07-2017, 09:20 AM
I like Good but don't think he is a starter. Although I do like him at tackle way more than guard.

I do like him there more than vagitch.

Dam8610
09-07-2017, 11:40 AM
i am sure dam agrees

I am sure dam is pissed that Pags said he has a good roster and to put the blame on him if it goes poorly. According to him, the coach does not matter, only the GM.

As has been pointed out, this is company line he's giving to the media because he has to say something. I'm sure he's not happy about the condition of the line, nor should he be with his one of his top 2 lineman out and Grigson draft picks not performing up to expectations.

Brylok
09-07-2017, 12:47 PM
Having A.Q. Shipley would be nice.

ChoppedWood
09-07-2017, 05:36 PM

Sadly I would venture to bet he is telling the truth!

Butter
09-07-2017, 07:02 PM
Having A.Q. Shipley would be nice.

I don't think as highly of Shipley as some, but he was at least a decent backup C.

FatDT
09-08-2017, 08:41 AM
I don't think as highly of Shipley as some, but he was at least a decent backup C.

He was the tallest midget, more a reflection of how bad the other centers have been. Pretty pathetic when Shipley was the best center on the roster from 2012 through 2015.

Brylok
09-08-2017, 10:10 AM
He was the tallest midget, more a reflection of how bad the other centers have been. Pretty pathetic when Shipley was the best center on the roster from 2012 through 2015.
He would have been valuable depth at the very least. He's better than Bond and still starting for Arizona (I think).

njcoltfan
09-08-2017, 10:29 AM
He would have been valuable depth at the very least. He's better than Bond and still starting for Arizona (I think).

He is listed as the starter on their depth chart.

smitty46953
09-08-2017, 12:26 PM

Started every game last year and Arians just gave him a 2 yr extension :cool: