PDA

View Full Version : Pats rape colts again

omahacolt
09-02-2017, 02:05 PM
A bad backup qb for dorsett

Hoopsdoc
09-02-2017, 02:09 PM
A bad backup qb for dorsett

I tend to agree, but if the colts were going to cut him anyway, why not do this?

Puck
09-02-2017, 02:11 PM
Dorsett will be a pro bowler in NE taking Edelman place

As in being used correctly

ChoppedWood
09-02-2017, 02:15 PM
Dorsett will be a pro bowler in NE taking Edelman place

As in being used correctly

Yeah it will come as no surprise if he goes there and shines. That team which is usually not so swift is stacked with blazing speed between he and Cooks. If he goes on to star as a return guy there as speculated- and we struggle as we ALWAYS do in that area, well it wouldn't be a shocker that's for sure.

Seriously, Brisset? What does this guy give us that Morris does not?

Really starting to wonder what the strategic objectives are for this whole team top to bottom.

Racehorse
09-02-2017, 02:18 PM
Yeah it will come as no surprise if he goes there and shines. That team which is usually not so swift is stacked with blazing speed between he and Cooks. If he goes on to star as a return guy there as speculated- and we struggle as we ALWAYS do in that area, well it wouldn't be a shocker that's for sure.

Really starting to wonder what the strategic objectives are for this whole team top to bottom.

With good coaching... We know he didn't get that here and will eat it there.

Coltsalr
09-02-2017, 02:20 PM
My initial thought was that the Patriots find a way to use that great speed in a way that our coaching staff certainly cannot. That'll suck, but if he's not going to do anything with us, I suppose it is what it is. Still, I'd prefer not to deliver Dorsett directly to the Pats.

That said, while I don't think Brissett is a full time starter, I do think he has a certain "it" factor that's intriguing and he can do some things where he can win some spot starts. By no means a franchise QB, but like I said, he's got some spunk and if we have any intelligence on our coaching staff (we don't) he's an interesting gameplan mismatch for a game or two.

ChoppedWood
09-02-2017, 02:32 PM
My initial thought was that the Patriots find a way to use that great speed in a way that our coaching staff certainly cannot. That'll suck, but if he's not going to do anything with us, I suppose it is what it is. Still, I'd prefer not to deliver Dorsett directly to the Pats.

That said, while I don't think Brissett is a full time starter, I do think he has a certain "it" factor that's intriguing and he can do some things where he can win some spot starts. By no means a franchise QB, but like I said, he's got some spunk and if we have any intelligence on our coaching staff (we don't) he's an interesting gameplan mismatch for a game or two.

Sadly I don't think this crew would even be able to recognize his distinguishing traits. I still don't get it, we're going to have 3 active QBs for a team that isn't going to even be relevant without the only one that matters? Of course it could be the plan to have to have 3 because the only one that matters isn't coming back and the brass knows this OL is such a tragedy that we'll need three just to get to mid-season... that much I could see- wait, that gives them credit for thinking ahead, that's not happening!

Brylok
09-02-2017, 02:41 PM
Dorsett to NE for a 3rd QB. WTF?? Is Luck not coming back at all?

njcoltfan
09-02-2017, 02:43 PM

I'm beginning to wonder how long Luck is going to be out!! This move makes me think he's going to start the season on PUP, or IR.

omahacolt
09-02-2017, 02:51 PM

Stfu

"It" factor? Wtf

smitty46953
09-02-2017, 02:53 PM
Patriots have an empty training table and a good supply of icy hot, Dorsett will be fine :cool:

rcubed
09-02-2017, 02:53 PM
I'm beginning to wonder how long Luck is going to be out!! This move makes me think he's going to start the season on PUP, or IR.
Agree. He will still be on PUP when season starts.

ChoppedWood
09-02-2017, 03:02 PM

If he's PUP, then there's more to this issue that Irsay imitated with the mental angle of things- either that or the surgery has gone very poorly and we have damaged goods on our hands.

While I think we have a bonanza of receiving talent on this team getting rid of a field stretcher for a guy who has to deliver the rock, is certainly worrisome.

Those that have been around for a while will remember a hell of a QB that wore the shoe that lost his career to a bad shoulder= Bert Jones. The similarities between what Colts teams looked like with and without him and how a seemingly minor injury mushroomed into something far more severe- hate this feeling that it's all history due to repeat.

njcoltfan
09-02-2017, 03:15 PM
Agree. He will still be on PUP when season starts.

They have 45 minutes to activate him!!

nate505
09-02-2017, 03:26 PM
This is such a horrid move. I really don't understand it at all. I like Ballard, but this is incredibly bad.

GoBigBlue88
09-02-2017, 03:29 PM
Honest to god, this used to be an elite, first-rate NFL franchise. Now, they're mad at people asking about the star QB's health and boasting about the preseason performance of the backup QB they just traded for.

smitty46953
09-02-2017, 03:29 PM
Probably were going cut him anyway :cool:

omahacolt
09-02-2017, 03:48 PM
Probably were going cut him anyway :cool:

And that would have been dumb as well

smitty46953
09-02-2017, 03:54 PM
Honest to god, this used to be an elite, first-rate NFL franchise. Now, they're mad at people asking about the star QB's health and boasting about the preseason performance of the backup QB they just traded for.

Where you hear they are mad? Like to see that :cool:

Dam8610
09-02-2017, 04:05 PM
Why are we acting like Phillip Dorsett is some big loss? Brisset is better than Tolzien, and likely better than anything else they got offered for Dorsett. Trading a WR5 for a QB2 (who may need to start the first few games of the season) seems like a win to me.

smitty46953
09-02-2017, 04:08 PM
Why are we acting like Phillip Dorsett is some big loss? Brisset is better than Tolzien, and likely better than anything else they got offered for Dorsett. Trading a WR5 for a QB2 (who may need to start the first few games of the season) seems like a win to me.

It's the truck load of "Icy Hot" we gave up that sucks ... :rolleyes:

omahacolt
09-02-2017, 04:17 PM

You are always dumb. Your take is always just stupid

Indiana V2
09-02-2017, 04:29 PM
Why do teams even trade with the Patriots, especially dumbass trades that help the Patriots. We trade a WR with potential to make big plays for a backup QB who won't even play for us when Luck is back. Is Grigson still here?

FatDT
09-02-2017, 04:37 PM
We just made the Patriots better and got nothing in return.

HoosierinFL
09-02-2017, 04:58 PM
The problem I have with this is that the Patriots get a guy who is going to contribute for them, and we get a guy who, best case scenario, never steps on the field.

Dam8610
09-02-2017, 05:27 PM
What's with the assumption that Dorsett is going to contribute for them? He couldn't beat out Chester Rogers or Kamar Aiken, why do you think he's suddenly going to go there and become a star? Remember when they signed Austin Collie? Reggie Wayne? I imagine this will work out about the same.

ChoppedWood
09-02-2017, 05:36 PM
What's with the assumption that Dorsett is going to contribute for them? He couldn't beat out Chester Rogers or Kamar Aiken, why do you think he's suddenly going to go there and become a star? Remember when they signed Austin Collie? Reggie Wayne? I imagine this will work out about the same.

Austin Collie couldn't remember his name started with A by the time he went there. Neither could Reggie because he was 83 years old.

Dorsett is a young guy who can fly like few and they are going to try to utilize that speed- already talking about using him in the return game (the genius of such a move:eek:), whereas I think Chuck probably had visions of him at DT that just didn't work out no matter how much wood Dorsett chopped.

Mr. Session
09-02-2017, 05:39 PM
Austin Collie couldn't remember his name started with A by the time he went there. Neither could Reggie because he was 83 years old.

Dorsett is a young guy who can fly like few and they are going to try to utilize that speed- already talking about using him in the return game (the genius of such a move:eek:), whereas I think Chuck probably had visions of him at DT that just didn't work out no matter how much wood Dorsett chopped.

Dorsett couldn't return kicks for shit, much less field them, but I have more confidence in New England's coaches effectively using his skill set than our own.

I don't get why Ballard is so eager to work with New England and frankly it makes me uncomfortable.

Dam8610
09-02-2017, 06:00 PM

So nothing tangible, just "TEH POTENTIALZZZZ!" He couldn't beat out UDFAs for a roster spot, he's a bad Grigson decision that the Cheats took in exchange for something useful to the Colts, as opposed to Dorsett who likely would've been cut today had he not been traded.

ChoppedWood
09-02-2017, 06:06 PM
So nothing tangible, just "TEH POTENTIALZZZZ!" He couldn't beat out UDFAs for a roster spot, he's a bad Grigson decision that the Cheats took in exchange for something useful to the Colts, as opposed to Dorsett who likely would've been cut today had he not been traded.

4th QB's are generally exceptionally useful (in a week and day- he will be the 3rd string emergency QB)- and if you really think this guy that has had exactly zero reps with the team is going to start "the first few games" out of need when we've had four games for our other two QB's to acclimate... well

omahacolt
09-02-2017, 06:07 PM

He didn't have a chance to beat out Aiken or rogers. He is better than Aiken and probably rogers as well. Rogers beat him out from the training room? Take that nonsense elsewhere

smitty46953
09-02-2017, 06:16 PM
Omaha, I think Dorsett used more ice, and Icy Hot than Rogers ? Purely financial ... :D

Dam8610
09-02-2017, 06:21 PM
I don't get why Ballard is so eager to work with New England and frankly it makes me uncomfortable.

This is the only concerning thing about this trade to me. Ballard does seem to be overeager to work with them, and while I want the GM to make every available move to maximize talent on the roster, he should also take into account the history between these two franchises.

omahacolt
09-02-2017, 06:31 PM
Omaha, I think Dorsett used more ice, and Icy Hot than Rogers ? Purely financial ... :D

you are really running hard with that joke aren't you

apballin
09-02-2017, 06:34 PM
Two players that should be cut who cares, that's not rape- rape is what they did to get Randy Moss

DragonTails
09-02-2017, 06:59 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if Dorsett's stats are better than Hilton's over the first 4 weeks.

This team has no clue what it's doing.

"Of course, if Brissett does earn the job over Tolzien, that will make the Colts look silly for not bringing in a quarterback earlier in the preseason. If Brissett beats out Tolzien for the job, he'll only have eight days to learn the Colts offense in preparation for the team's opener. "

The Colts already look silly. What a completely POS organization.

Who was on the board when we took Dorsett?

Dam8610
09-02-2017, 07:02 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if Dorsett's stats are better than Hilton's over the first 4 weeks.

This team has no clue what it's doing.

"Of course, if Brissett does earn the job over Tolzien, that will make the Colts look silly for not bringing in a quarterback earlier in the preseason. If Brissett beats out Tolzien for the job, he'll only have eight days to learn the Colts offense in preparation for the team's opener. "

The Colts already look silly. What a completely POS organization.

Who was on the board when we took Dorsett?

Among others, Landon Collins.

Dam8610
09-02-2017, 07:03 PM
He didn't have a chance to beat out Aiken or rogers. He is better than Aiken and probably rogers as well. Rogers beat him out from the training room? Take that nonsense elsewhere

Take the nonsense that Dorsett is suddenly going to become a pro bowler elsewhere.

Racehorse
09-02-2017, 07:16 PM
Take the nonsense that Dorsett is suddenly going to become a pro bowler elsewhere.

He has the potential and now he has the coaching.

omahacolt
09-02-2017, 07:18 PM

i didn't say that now did i

bertjones
09-02-2017, 07:39 PM
I had said somewhat facetiously in another thread that I'd like to see
what next years OC could do with him before cutting the strings but I
wasn't kidding. I think we gave up too soon.
I think the happiest person has to be Gronk. Run dorsett and Cooks
down the side and he'll own the middle even more than he already does.

Flexo
09-02-2017, 07:41 PM
Dorsett's trash but so is briskett. Traded a shit player who was gonna get cut for a shit player that was gonna get cut. Ho hum.

omahacolt
09-02-2017, 07:49 PM
I had said somewhat facetiously in another thread that I'd like to see
what next years OC could do with him before cutting the strings but I
wasn't kidding. I think we gave up too soon.
I think the happiest person has to be Gronk. Run dorsett and Cooks
down the side and he'll own the middle even more than he already does.

good post bert

i absolutely think we gave up on him too soon. it will take a bit for brady to get comfortable with him imo but as a decoy he could be lethal

Butter
09-02-2017, 07:53 PM
Do not like! I am losing a bit of faith in Ballard honestly, but it is still very early. I will just blame Pagano, because of fuck that guy.

omahacolt
09-02-2017, 07:57 PM
Do not like! I am losing a bit of faith in Ballard honestly, but it is still very early. I will just blame Pagano, because of fuck that guy.

ballard is going to fuck up. i dont have insane standards for the guy

but i am not a fan of a lot of the shit he is doing. hopefully they have a big picture that i just don't see. seems to me there is talent not being added or let go for reasons i dont get.

but really, with pagano, this is a wasted year.

Butter
09-02-2017, 08:00 PM
Like I said, a bit of faith. The important point is Fuck Pagano.

rcubed
09-02-2017, 08:07 PM
...why do you think he's suddenly going to go there and become a star? .
Wes welker
Danny amendola
Julian edelman

Butter
09-02-2017, 08:11 PM
Wes welker
Danny amendola
Julian edelman

To be fair other than Edelman who has spent his career with the Pats, the other two were decent before they went to the Pats.

rcubed
09-02-2017, 08:13 PM
To be fair other than Edelman who has spent his career with the Pats, the other two were decent before they went to the Pats.
I would say they were OK before they went to the Pats. But the way the Pats use them they shined

Brylok
09-02-2017, 09:38 PM
I'm thanking a lot of posts in this thread. Too bad it isn't for a better reason.

natagu23
09-02-2017, 09:47 PM
Smh.

Dink and dunk offense plus Dorsett= Dorsett in the pro-bowl.

Fuck this.

Hoopsdoc
09-02-2017, 10:35 PM
ballard is going to fuck up. i dont have insane standards for the guy

but i am not a fan of a lot of the shit he is doing. hopefully they have a big picture that i just don't see. seems to me there is talent not being added or let go for reasons i dont get.

but really, with pagano, this is a wasted year.

Getting rid of Ayers and Spence, two of our better linebackers, was a dubious at best decision.

Maniac
09-03-2017, 01:34 AM
Getting rid of Ayers and Spence, two of our better linebackers, was a dubious at best decision.

We don't need linebackers. It's not like we run a defensive system based on them or anything.

Dewey 5
09-03-2017, 07:44 AM
Ballard looking like Grigson.

Pagano hasn't a clue about anything.

Irsay is out of touch with his team.

Colts are a total disaster.

ChoppedWood
09-03-2017, 09:01 AM
I don't see it happening by any stretch but should Brisset somehow end up the starter next week, if that were to happen, then if Choppy is on the sidelines to start that game I would burn my fan card. It would sisgnal that he's seen the same thing all of us have for the full duration of the offseason- Tolzein is crap but he's too loyal to the "incumbent" to do anything about it until forced to do so by blunt force intervention. It would also signal that Choppy isn't strong enough to go to Ballard and tell him we have to make a change immediately and instead sat on his hands all along singing his song of preparation, wood chopping, next manning, while the dumpster file raged (hell to me we already know this with Morris showing in comparison to Tolzein).

So, in summary I don't see it as plausible but should Brisset start as Dammy for some reason irrationally seems to believe could not just be possible but also a positive, unless Brisset is the 2nd coming of Tom Brady ready to shockingly push out a "star" that is secretly incapable of playing at that level anymore while going on to a HOF 10 year tenure, him starting would be probably the greatest sign in a long line that this team has no coaching whatsoever (which we already know by watching them on the field each week and watching people hit out of bounds, routinely having 12+ yard runs called back due to holding penalties, a near obsessive commitment to NOT tackling, a coach patting his corner on the helmet and smiling after coming off the field having given up a 60 yard bomb on 3rd and 23, etc, etc, etc,....)

IndyNorm
09-03-2017, 11:01 AM

I hate Belicheat as much as every other non-Cheats fan, but something he's always done well is turn unproductive turds from other teams into very productive ones on his. Dorsett certainly has the potential and will now have the coaching working with him on fundamentals like route running and pass catching. And he will now be held accountable for his screw ups rather than patted on the butt and given a cookie from Clappy every time he screws up.

njcoltfan
09-03-2017, 11:19 AM
Wes welker
Danny amendola
Julian edelman

All three slot receivers that are not afraid to go over the middle and take a hit, I don't think that Dorsett fits in that category.

Dam8610
09-03-2017, 01:13 PM
Dorsett's trash but so is briskett. Traded a shit player who was gonna get cut for a shit player that was gonna get cut. Ho hum.

At least Brisett might be useful to this team. Why is this so hard to understand?

George Wonsley
09-03-2017, 05:40 PM
Dorsett is and will continue to be horseshit and the trade return is just more confirmation.....

omahacolt
09-03-2017, 06:06 PM
At least Brisett might be useful to this team. Why is this so hard to understand?

No

He won't be

Dam8610
09-03-2017, 06:10 PM
No

He won't be

Then a useless player was traded for a useless player. At least this is better than a 1 for Trent Richardson.

smitty46953
09-03-2017, 08:16 PM
Then a useless player was traded for a useless player. At least this is better than a 1 for Trent Richardson.

Bright side was they (Browns) wasted that pick on Johnny Manziel :cool:

apballin
09-04-2017, 09:02 PM
I could only imagine how this thread would've lit up if Grigson did this trade

Dam8610
09-04-2017, 09:45 PM
Bright side was they (Browns) wasted that pick on Johnny Manziel :cool:

Players the Colts could've picked at 22 that year:
Dee Ford
Jason Verrett
Deone Buchanon
Bradley Roby
Lamarcus Joyner
Stephon Tuitt

Any would've helped more than Trent Richardson.

smitty46953
09-04-2017, 10:24 PM
Players the Colts could've picked at 22 that year:
Dee Ford
Jason Verrett
Deone Buchanon
Bradley Roby
Lamarcus Joyner
Stephon Tuitt

Any would've helped more than Trent Richardson.

Loved to have gotten Buchanon, and Collins over Dorsett while I am at it :cool:

Dam8610
09-04-2017, 10:34 PM

I can only imagine where this team would be right now with those two small changes.

YDFL Commish
09-04-2017, 10:40 PM

I would include Tuitt.