PDA

View Full Version : Getting out in front of it

Lov2fish
12-28-2022, 10:39 PM
Just gonna toss this hypothesis out there:
Ballard trades out of the pick and moves back. Says Carr checks all the boxes and is our future QB.

You know he is thinking about it as soon as he saw the news. If so, where we meeting with torches and pitchforks?

JAFF
12-28-2022, 10:46 PM
Ballard trades out of the pick and moves back. Says Carr checks all the boxes and is our future QB.

You know he is thinking about it as soon as he saw the news. If so, where we meeting with torches and pitchforks?

Your mom’s house? :eek:

RIMSHOT!

Puck
12-28-2022, 11:19 PM

If he can 2 1s for our pick then this would be a great scenario. Next yr we could draft a better QB trading 3 or 4 1st for Williams Could Also get Hooker in round 2

CletusPyle
12-28-2022, 11:20 PM
Wow, McAsswipe is a real POS! No way Ballard tries another recycled veteran, wish Carr had walked out last year, because he would have done much better than Ryan in my opinion!

Let me add, that if Ballard does this he either has balls of steel or he just doesn't give a fuck! :D

ChoppedWood
12-29-2022, 12:21 AM
Wow, McAsswipe is a real POS! No way Ballard tries another recycled veteran, wish Carr had walked out last year, because he would have done much better than Ryan in my opinion!

Let me add, that if Ballard does this he either has balls of steel or he just doesn't give a fuck! :D

Agree, would have loved to have seen him here with a chance to work with our guys and think we would have been a somewhat better team, but at this stage, hell to the fuck no! NO MORE RE-TREADS!

There is zero alternative to landing the rookie QB that we groom to be our QB of the future, period, no-stop!

Was listening to a really compelling national radio show the other day while on the road. Forgive me for not recalling who, but he had done a ton of analysis on rookie QB's and when they arrived. Went back pretty far and took a look at all the "highly" drafted QB's that have succeeded and identified HOW LONG it takes on average. By his calculations, 2.9 years, so essentially you see emergence in year 2 but it is not until the 3rd year that you see the full game in place and that QB is regarded as a keeper= a team leader that displays all the tools to power teams to winning records and you know he is going to be a long term player at the position.

So, with that said...
Fuck Ballard, send his ass out
Offer Harbaugh $15M per year, if he says no, offer Belichek or Payton $20M per year
Identify the QB that you deem to be the QB that will lead this team for the next 10 years
If that is the # 1 player, f-k it, trade whatever it takes, grab him
If we can get that player at whatever pick we have (should be top 4-5) then great, that's the pick

Sell off anything of value and get nothing but youth for this team. Buckner, Franklin, Nelson, Taylor, Moore, Gilmore, hell if anyone will give us anything decent, Leonard... DITCH everyone that will be on the downside in 3 years, no reason to keep them here, where reasonable accept 4th 5th 6th rounders- just get the damn picks. Use the draft capital to load up on both LT and Edge in both this draft and next years.

Get rid of the old 80's fucking Mellencamp music, shit-can Blue, stop with the stupid damn Anvil. Completely remake this damn franchise starting right fucking now.

apballin
12-29-2022, 01:36 AM
Agree, would have loved to have seen him here with a chance to work with our guys and think we would have been a somewhat better team, but at this stage, hell to the fuck no! NO MORE RE-TREADS!

There is zero alternative to landing the rookie QB that we groom to be our QB of the future, period, no-stop!

Was listening to a really compelling national radio show the other day while on the road. Forgive me for not recalling who, but he had done a ton of analysis on rookie QB's and when they arrived. Went back pretty far and took a look at all the "highly" drafted QB's that have succeeded and identified HOW LONG it takes on average. By his calculations, 2.9 years, so essentially you see emergence in year 2 but it is not until the 3rd year that you see the full game in place and that QB is regarded as a keeper= a team leader that displays all the tools to power teams to winning records and you know he is going to be a long term player at the position.

So, with that said...
Fuck Ballard, send his ass out
Offer Harbaugh $15M per year, if he says no, offer Belichek or Payton $20M per year
Identify the QB that you deem to be the QB that will lead this team for the next 10 years
If that is the # 1 player, f-k it, trade whatever it takes, grab him
If we can get that player at whatever pick we have (should be top 4-5) then great, that's the pick

Sell off anything of value and get nothing but youth for this team. Buckner, Franklin, Nelson, Taylor, Moore, Gilmore, hell if anyone will give us anything decent, Leonard... DITCH everyone that will be on the downside in 3 years, no reason to keep them here, where reasonable accept 4th 5th 6th rounders- just get the damn picks. Use the draft capital to load up on both LT and Edge in both this draft and next years.

Get rid of the old 80's fucking Mellencamp music, shit-can Blue, stop with the stupid damn Anvil. Completely remake this damn franchise starting right fucking now.

While I agree with the timeframe of drafting a QB until you see them takeoff. I believe every situation is different… I honestly believe a rookie walking into the Colts situation.. a solid defense hopefully a healthy JT… I don’t believe it would take that long. I could honestly see Big Ben type of situation, win with defense and running game as his game continues to grow until he becomes the guy to take over

njcoltfan
12-29-2022, 06:09 AM

And I'll throw this out there......Baker Mayfield !! Then first pick best OT, second pick Richardson, to sit and learn behind Mayfield for a couple of years.

Dam8610
12-29-2022, 09:53 AM
No more bullshit stopgap approach to QB. This team will have a Top 5 pick. Hopefully it is closer to 3, and ideally it is 1 (there is still an outside chance at 1). Ballard needs to trade whatever the hell it takes to get the guy he thinks is a franchise QB, whether that's Young, Stroud, Levis, Richardson, or someone else. All that is important this offseason is getting the QB that can lead this franchise out of QB hell and into perennial playoff contention once again.

CletusPyle
12-29-2022, 11:53 AM

This made me laugh...I agree with your entire post!:D

Hoopsdoc
12-29-2022, 11:56 AM
NO MORE RETREADS.

Note-it is extraordinarily gratifying to see McDouche well on his way to wrecking that franchise.

By benching Carr, he has also alienated Adam’s, thereby negating his two best players at the same time. LMAO

The Raiders deserve everything they’re about to endure for ever hiring that treacherous slug.

F*** him and f*** the Raiders.

Brylok
12-29-2022, 12:18 PM
Any interest in Jordan Love? I've read that he wants out of Green Bay. He's still young, has experience, and has been sitting behind Rodgers for a few years.

rcubed
12-29-2022, 01:55 PM
NO MORE RETREADS.

Note-it is extraordinarily gratifying to see McDouche well on his way to wrecking that franchise.

By benching Carr, he has also alienated Adam’s, thereby negating his two best players at the same time. LMAO

The Raiders deserve everything they’re about to endure for ever hiring that treacherous slug.

and to think we were this close to him being our treacherous slug.

rcubed
12-29-2022, 01:55 PM
Any interest in Jordan Love? I've read that he wants out of Green Bay. He's still young, has experience, and has been sitting behind Rodgers for a few years.
not if it includes trading high picks.

Spike
12-29-2022, 03:09 PM
NO MORE RETREADS.

I don't give a shit about McDouche, he's a POS. But, I think the clown owner of the Raiders is the one who wanted Carr benched, that's the word going around anyway.

Carr's contract is similar to Ryan's and if he gets hurt, his contract is guaranteed next year. His salary of $32.9 million for next season and $7.5 million of his 2024 salary become guaranteed if he gets hurt.

Hoopsdoc
12-29-2022, 04:25 PM
I don't give a shit about McDouche, he's a POS. But, I think the clown owner of the Raiders is the one who wanted Carr benched, that's the word going around anyway.

Carr's contract is similar to Ryan's and if he gets hurt, his contract is guaranteed next year. His salary of $32.9 million for next season and $7.5 million of his 2024 salary become guaranteed if he gets hurt.

Davis may be the reason he is being benched right now but if McDouche wanted him back next year, he would be playing.

Hell, they still have an outside shot at the playoffs, I think.

I think McDouche has made it clear that he wants a different qb next season so Davis said “alright then, sit Carr so I don’t have to pay him if he would happen to get hurt”.

In other words, it stems from McDouche.

Colts And Orioles
12-29-2022, 04:47 PM
I don't give a shit about McDouche, he's a POS ...... but, I think that the clown owner of the Raiders is the one who wanted Carr benched. That's the word going aroundm anyway.

Carr's contract is similar to Ryan's and if he gets hurt, his contract is guaranteed next year. His salary of $32.9 Million for next season and $7.5 Million of his 2024 salary become guaranteed if he gets hurt.

o

All things considered, that's actually a good reason for benching him ...... perhaps the Raiders were too overly-generous in the first place in handing out a huge contract like that for a QB on the other side of his 30th birthday, but as it stands now it would be foolish for the Raiders not to bench him because of the surrounding circumstances that you alluded to in regard to his contract, and the fact that with a record of 6-9 and a head-on-loss to the Steelers, the Raiders have virtually no chance to make the playoffs.

Mark Davis is an asshole, and his late father was a scuzzball ...... but in this particular situation, benching Carr was the right move, whether it was decided by Dave Ziegler, Sandra Douglass Morgan, Marc Davis, or all 3 of them combined.

o

TheMugwump
12-29-2022, 04:56 PM
Your mom’s house? :eek:

RIMSHOT!

Three of us are already there.

TheMugwump
12-29-2022, 04:57 PM
If he can 2 1s for our pick then this would be a great scenario. Next yr we could draft a better QB trading 3 or 4 1st for Williams Could Also get Hooker in round 2

This. Caleb Williams is the Truth! Next Mahomes.

nate505
12-29-2022, 05:14 PM

I could try to talk myself into liking this, especially if he got an absolute haul, but it would be tough.

If the Colts draft 5th or 6th, one of Young/Stroud/Levis should be there. Since it's doubtful it will be Young, I would rather them take Levis than Stroud but wouldn't be upset with either of them.

ChoppedWood
12-30-2022, 12:39 AM

Yep

And Maye the next Luck

So top 2 pick next year is QB gold.

I would not be at all opposed to taking LT this year, playing Ehlinger all next year, and just sucking like all hell to get one of those 2.

rcubed
12-30-2022, 01:30 AM
Yep

And Maye the next Luck

I would not be at all opposed to taking LT this year, playing Ehlinger all next year, and just sucking like all hell to get one of those 2.

Sure, but there’s no guarantee for that. Too many variables to count on getting a top two pick. Maybe you trade back this year to accumulate extra first for next year then move up if needed. But still, there risk in that also

red raindog
12-30-2022, 08:57 AM
This made me laugh...I agree with your entire post!:D

Yes
I’m still angry with Blue.

I asked him if Luck was going to be okay physically before I drafted him to my fantasy team. He said Luck was fine…….

[emoji35] [emoji2957]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

CletusPyle
12-30-2022, 09:48 AM
Yep

And Maye the next Luck

Not sure Irsay would do this, but if he would, a better option would be to draft Max Duggan from TCU in the 3rd or 4th round, this kid is a competitor and fun as hell to watch! Play Max next season, he will likely not do much better than Sam but will get a ton of experience and might become a solid backup. Also, he might be a guy that you could use at another position in the future.

ChoppedWood
12-30-2022, 09:51 AM
Not sure Irsay would do this, but if he would, a better option would be to draft Max Duggan from TCU in the 3rd or 4th round, this kid is a competitor and fun as hell to watch! Play Max next season, he will likely not do much better than Sam but will get a ton of experience and might become a solid backup. Also, he might be a guy that you could use at another position in the future.

That dude is a baller! Looking forward to him matching up with Michigan.

IndyNorm
12-30-2022, 11:47 AM
No more bullshit stopgap approach to QB. This team will have a Top 5 pick. Hopefully it is closer to 3, and ideally it is 1 (there is still an outside chance at 1). Ballard needs to trade whatever the hell it takes to get the guy he thinks is a franchise QB, whether that's Young, Stroud, Levis, Richardson, or someone else. All that is important this offseason is getting the QB that can lead this franchise out of QB hell and into perennial playoff contention once again.

Agree that getting our young QB is priority #1, but fixing the OL has to be 1B. If the OL continues to play like it did this year then it won't matter who the QB is.

IndyNorm
12-30-2022, 12:05 PM
This probably wouldn't go over well, but bringing in Carr wouldn't be a bad idea IMO if there is a lockdown LT available with our 1st rounder and a mid round QB who Ballard likes that we could draft (Duggan, O'Connell, etc.) and develop behind Carr.

It would be ideal to get a lockdown LT in this years draft and draft Williams next year, but as others have stated chances are pretty slim there.

ZionsvilleColtsFan
12-30-2022, 12:27 PM

Ballard is predictable - and needs to be shown the door.

Chromeburn
12-30-2022, 01:42 PM
I don’t know if the QB of the future is in this draft class. But I doubt he does this unless they draft Richardson who will need to sit at least a year. Levis might need to also.

Puck
12-30-2022, 03:02 PM

That's why you trade this yr's first for a future first or 2 If possible

JAFF
12-30-2022, 06:10 PM
That's why you trade this yr's first for a future first or 2 If possible

So the colts can suck for another year?

Puck
12-30-2022, 07:52 PM
So the colts can suck for another year?

This years QB class is not near as good as everyone thought it would be. There is not a lot of difference in the 1st 4-5 QB's IMO. Trade the 1st for future draft picks and take a QB later in the draft.

Chromeburn
12-30-2022, 09:04 PM
This years QB class is not near as good as everyone thought it would be. There is not a lot of difference in the 1st 4-5 QB's IMO. Trade the 1st for future draft picks and take a QB later in the draft.

Most of the fan base doesn't understand this and expects them to draft a QB and expects that QB to be great.

CletusPyle
12-30-2022, 10:25 PM
Most of the fan base doesn't understand this and expects them to draft a QB and expects that QB to be great.

The same fans that sold their Steeler tickets to Steeler fans for a nationally televised game!:rolleyes:

ChaosTheory
12-30-2022, 10:40 PM

Fans setting themselves up for disappointment? Nah!

All the Colts have to do is "whatever it takes." And if that doesn't work, they should definitely "just make it happen."

Dam8610
12-31-2022, 01:05 AM

I've only watched 4 so far, but 2 of them appeared to be franchise caliber to me, and 1 has enough tools to be dangerous.

If the Colts get Young or Stroud, the fans will not be disappointed.

All the Colts have to do is "whatever it takes." And if that doesn't work, they should definitely "just make it happen."

The Colts will have a Top 5 pick, future picks, and several high value players they can negotiate with. IF Ballard believes the franchise guy is there, there is no excuse for not getting him. If not, then he better find a different long term answer for the QB position. I think Ballard is a very good GM, and this is the first time he's truly had the draft capital to get a franchise QB since the franchise QB he walked into the job with retired unexpectedly. If he doesn't capitalize on this opportunity, the argument for him being shown the door gains a lot of merit. If he does, he has the potential to reach Polian status with this franchise.

apballin
12-31-2022, 01:24 AM
I've only watched 4 so far, but 2 of them appeared to be franchise caliber to me, and 1 has enough tools to be dangerous.

If the Colts get Young or Stroud, the fans will not be disappointed.

The Colts will have a Top 5 pick, future picks, and several high value players they can negotiate with. IF Ballard believes the franchise guy is there, there is no excuse for not getting him. If not, then he better find a different long term answer for the QB position. I think Ballard is a very good GM, and this is the first time he's truly had the draft capital to get a franchise QB since the franchise QB he walked into the job with retired unexpectedly. If he doesn't capitalize on this opportunity, the argument for him being shown the door gains a lot of merit. If he does, he has the potential to reach Polian status with this franchise.

So what’s your take on Levis?

Racehorse
12-31-2022, 11:14 AM

Well, it works on Madden, so...

apballin
12-31-2022, 11:20 AM
Well, it works on Madden, so...

Irsay played this season like a 10 year old sore loser on madden

Dam8610
12-31-2022, 03:48 PM
So what’s your take on Levis?

Upside is Josh Allen, Carson Wentz is a much more likely outcome.

apballin
12-31-2022, 05:23 PM
Upside is Josh Allen, Carson Wentz is a much more likely outcome.

Much quicker release than Wentz and played vs real competition in college.

He reminds me of Big Ben

Dam8610
12-31-2022, 06:08 PM
Much quicker release than Wentz and played vs real competition in college.

He reminds me of Big Ben

Lost to that real competition mostly, and the Cutler comparisons are ridiculous because Vanderbilt is on a whole different level of suck from Kentucky, which is mid tier SEC.

nate505
12-31-2022, 06:25 PM
I have no idea if that TCU QB's skills translate into the NFL, but he sure looks pretty damn good in this game.

Dam8610
12-31-2022, 11:42 PM
I have no idea if that TCU QB's skills translate into the NFL, but he sure looks pretty damn good in this game.

Definitely going to go back and watch him, could be another Brock Purdy.

CletusPyle
01-01-2023, 08:29 PM

When I am wrong, I am willing to admit it....McDouchebag made the right decision to bench Carr, Stidham played one hell of a game, looks like their future!