PDA

View Full Version : Vontae

njcoltfan
08-29-2017, 02:03 PM
Florioisadick ( PFT ) is reporting that Vontae is going to miss multiple games with a significant groin injury, he also is reporting that the Broncos are taking calls about T.J Ward, any thoughts on whether the Colts should give them a ring??

sherck
08-29-2017, 02:06 PM
I just saw the news about V.D. on NFL.com. Dang it!

A starting CB duo of Wilson and Milton is NOT encouraging.

Ward is a safety. I don't mind adding another safety but he is not going to be helping much to overcome V.D.'s injury.

Walk Worthy,

njcoltfan
08-29-2017, 02:15 PM
I just saw the news about V.D. on NFL.com. Dang it!

A starting CB duo of Wilson and Milton is NOT encouraging.

Ward is a safety. I don't mind adding another safety but he is not going to be helping much to overcome V.D.'s injury.

Walk Worthy,

True, my bad, what about Hayden from the Browns, he is reportedly on the block??

Maniac
08-29-2017, 02:43 PM
True, my bad, what about Hayden from the Browns, he is reportedly on the block??

Supposedly he has been horrid since he signed that big contract.

smitty46953
08-29-2017, 02:52 PM
Florioisadick ( PFT ) is reporting that Vontae is going to miss multiple games with a significant groin injury, he also is reporting that the Broncos are taking calls about T.J Ward, any thoughts on whether the Colts should give them a ring??

This sucks, can't afford to lose him for any significant time ... :cool:

1965southpaw
08-29-2017, 03:05 PM
All right Freaks we need some good news.....was just watching a live Facebook feed from today's Colts practice.....hooker is back wearing a red non contact jersey but he's back....also TY.

FatDT
08-29-2017, 03:05 PM
It's looking like a bad start to the season. Maybe just a bad season. It'll be worth it if it means finally getting rid of Pagano. It's a shame this team's leadership has dicked around for so long instead of aligning and building a good team while Luck was young and cheap.

Brylok
08-29-2017, 03:57 PM
And the hits just keep on coming. Going to be a long season. smh

Thorgrim
08-29-2017, 04:35 PM
So Butler has undoubtedly been moved back to corner. Our secondary is depressingly thin right now.

sherck
08-29-2017, 05:42 PM
So Butler has undoubtedly been moved back to corner. Our secondary is depressingly thin right now.Which would leave Hooker, Farley and who at safety?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

smitty46953
08-29-2017, 05:44 PM
Which would leave Hooker, Farley and who at safety?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Things are getting thin .... Everywhere :cool:

Puck
08-29-2017, 11:00 PM
Need to call Pete the Cheat and inquire about Sherman

Brylok
08-30-2017, 12:41 AM
Need to call Pete the Cheat and inquire about Sherman
Sherman is too outspoken and too big of a personality to work in a market like Indianapolis / Indiana. He'd also probably be too expensive for what he could contribute to the defense. I'm not knocking you or your post, I just don't think it's feasible.

sherck
08-30-2017, 07:25 AM
There will be a flood of defensive backs on the market come Saturday; 1,184 guys are going to be on the street ((90 - 53 = 37) x 32 = 1,184).

There will be some good guys in that mix. None of them will be world beaters but there will be a few veterans who can come in, pick up immediately and ball.

Now, the question will be is if Ballard is prepared for the flood, has the ability to target the right guys and land them in time to help Week One.

It will be a very interesting weekend.

Walk Worthy,

smitty46953
08-30-2017, 08:11 AM
Browns just cut Joe Haden ... If healthy he is decent ??? :cool:

indycolts2
08-30-2017, 08:27 AM
Browns just cut Joe Haden ... If healthy he is decent ??? :cool:
May also be motivated with getting cut as well.

DrSpaceman
08-30-2017, 09:17 AM
yes would like to give Haden a try. Probably better than the other options

sherck
08-30-2017, 10:14 AM
yes would like to give Haden a try. Probably better than the other options

He is not the same CB that he was before his 2015 injury but he is still a solid/good veteran presence that would help us greatly in 2017 with Davis out.

Colts have around $17m in free cap space to sign free agents. Giving him a portion of it would be prudent if the Colts want to try and compete for the division this year.

However, if instead they are angling for a high draft choice and Pagano being fired, then let some other NFL team pay him because I suspect he will be off the market fairly quickly. He will not make the $9m to $10m a year that he wants but I bet he signed for $7m a year.

Walk Worthy,

Indystu2
08-30-2017, 10:21 AM
Wouldn't pay more than 5m/yr.

Coltsalr
08-30-2017, 01:03 PM
The upside is the way that this season is looking, if Luck's injury continues to be even worse than reported, then we should have a good shot at Sam Darnold.

1965southpaw
08-30-2017, 03:52 PM
He is not the same CB that he was before his 2015 injury but he is still a solid/good veteran presence that would help us greatly in 2017 with Davis out.

Colts have around $17m in free cap space to sign free agents. Giving him a portion of it would be prudent if the Colts want to try and compete for the division this year.

However, if instead they are angling for a high draft choice and Pagano being fired, then let some other NFL team pay him because I suspect he will be off the market fairly quickly. He will not make the $9m to $10m a year that he wants but I bet he signed for $7m a year.

Walk Worthy,

Seems a moot point. He's visiting the squeelers tonight and supposedly both have an interest in each other. Also, he's supposedly looking for an immediate contender sfter his experience with the cellar dwelling browns so not likely that he'd consider us if the steelers let him leave tonight without a contract.

Stew Pidasole
08-30-2017, 04:45 PM
signed with Steelers
3 years $27,000,000
1st year guaranteed at $7,000,000

njcoltfan
08-30-2017, 04:46 PM
The upside is the way that this season is looking, if Luck's injury continues to be even worse than reported, then we should have a good shot at Sam Darnold.

Or the bluff of drafting him! Go Redskins !!!!!!

sherck
08-31-2017, 07:03 AM
As an aside, PIT signs Hayden to a 3-year, $27m deal (structure unknown).

However, right now, PIT only has about $4m to spend on free agents due to their free cap space ($8.5m), need to sign #52 and #53 to active roster, sign their practice squad and keep some churn space for the season.

Contract restructuring inbound for PIT to accommodate Hayden. I know that they think they are close to contending and that another good CB helps against the Cheats but that is a pretty high price to pay that is going to hamstring you all season long.

In addition, they only had $12m free of 2018 cap of which around $9m just got devoted to Hayden. I hope they win the SB in the next 2 years because their cap is just going to kill them going forward.

On the other hand, the Colts are sitting on about $16m in cap space to sign free agents and we are looking at around $60m free next year. Roll in the $16m from 2017 and we will have around $75m in free cap space next year for Ballard to go feasting on.

The cap is in great shape for us.

Walk Worthy,

testcase448
08-31-2017, 08:55 AM
Did I say 5-11 this season... I meant 4-12
What a disastrous wreck this is turning out t be

DrSpaceman
08-31-2017, 09:00 AM
Haden is not worth $9 million a year

YDFL Commish
08-31-2017, 09:02 AM
As an aside, PIT signs Hayden to a 3-year, $27m deal (structure unknown).

However, right now, PIT only has about $4m to spend on free agents due to their free cap space ($8.5m), need to sign #52 and #53 to active roster, sign their practice squad and keep some churn space for the season.

Contract restructuring inbound for PIT to accommodate Hayden. I know that they think they are close to contending and that another good CB helps against the Cheats but that is a pretty high price to pay that is going to hamstring you all season long.

In addition, they only had $12m free of 2018 cap of which around $9m just got devoted to Hayden. I hope they win the SB in the next 2 years because their cap is just going to kill them going forward.

On the other hand, the Colts are sitting on about $16m in cap space to sign free agents and we are looking at around $60m free next year. Roll in the $16m from 2017 and we will have around $75m in free cap space next year for Ballard to go feasting on.

The cap is in great shape for us.

Walk Worthy,

Looks like Bell won't get his long term contract this year!