PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Luck thread

1965southpaw
08-28-2017, 05:32 PM
Sorry for starting a new thread but the last one got mucked up with everything but a discussion of Andrew's current status. Anyway here is an article that doesn't really say anything we didn't already know re Lucks progress but I find Clappy McWoodchopper's comments fascinating.......I think it's clear he's not steering the franchise QB ship and he seems pretty salty about it......

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20488103/indianapolis-colts-coach-chuck-pagano-says-there-no-table-qb-andrew-luck-return

HoosierinFL
08-28-2017, 05:37 PM
That's a weird article, his comments are weird. It sounds like he's annoyed Luck is injured and not a practice.
Here's a suggestion: fix the damn offensive line and try to find an offensive scheme that doesn't get your qb killed.

Brylok
08-28-2017, 06:04 PM
That's a weird article, his comments are weird. It sounds like he's annoyed Luck is injured and not a practice.
Here's a suggestion: fix the damn offensive line and try to find an offensive scheme that doesn't get your qb killed.
Yeah, his comments were strange. But most of what Pagano says is bullshit anyway so, meh, whatever.

Hoopsdoc
08-28-2017, 06:35 PM
He will miss at least 2 games. Also, Pagano is such a tool.

Spike
08-28-2017, 06:50 PM
He will miss at least 2 games. Also, Pagano is such a tool.

Pagano is in desperation mode without Luck there to bail his ass out. Pagano deserved to go as much as Griggs did.

apballin
08-28-2017, 09:22 PM
JMV said today he heard Thursday that he was 20 days away

DrSpaceman
08-28-2017, 09:56 PM

That would be missing 1-2 weeks, which seems to be in line with most of the speculation from the media and fans.

Depends on how much prep time he needs before getting ready to play a game.

Butter
08-28-2017, 10:09 PM
Pagano is in desperation mode without Luck there to bail his ass out. Pagano deserved to go as much as Griggs did.

Yes, he did. Why he is still here is puzzling.

VeveJones007
08-28-2017, 11:14 PM

20 days is oddly specific.

omahacolt
08-29-2017, 07:46 AM
20 days is oddly specific.

That is what I thought as well

Racehorse
08-29-2017, 08:31 AM
Shouldn't the thread title be "Fresh out of Luck"?

HoosierinFL
08-29-2017, 09:36 AM

is it possible to hate a season before it even begins.

Pez
08-29-2017, 12:46 PM
My local paper ran some of the same quotes. I find it odd (and probabaly bullshit) that Pags hasn't seen him throw.

"I'm never there, so I couldn't tell you," Pagano said. "Most of the time he's either in the training room, we're in meetings, doing such. Just kind of stay in my lane."

Its odd that the head coach of an NFL team would not consider Luck's rehab as something that is "in his lane. "

1965southpaw
08-29-2017, 12:47 PM
Yeah, his comments were strange. But most of what Pagano says is bullshit anyway so, meh, whatever.

"I just stay in my lane".......said no decent coach ever about the status of his franchise QB. Pagano is dead coach walking. I can't see a scenario where he's still here after this season.

testcase448
08-29-2017, 01:07 PM
"I just stay in my lane".......said no decent coach ever about the status of his franchise QB. Pagano is dead coach walking. I can't see a scenario where he's still here after this season.

I couldn't see why he survived the last few years... but here we are... with a zombie HC

FatDT
08-29-2017, 01:33 PM
WTF are those comments from Pagano? Defeated and passive aggressive. Why is he still here?

OneVoice
08-29-2017, 02:55 PM
Nah, I think Pagano is annoyed with the media and the verbal gymnastics it actually takes to not say anything about Luck.

rcubed
08-29-2017, 05:15 PM
GTFO pags!

omahacolt
08-29-2017, 06:15 PM
is it possible to hate a season before it even begins.

Sound logic with clappy as coach

nate505
08-29-2017, 10:55 PM
My local paper ran some of the same quotes. I find it odd (and probabaly bullshit) that Pags hasn't seen him throw.

"I'm never there, so I couldn't tell you," Pagano said. "Most of the time he's either in the training room, we're in meetings, doing such. Just kind of stay in my lane."

Its odd that the head coach of an NFL team would not consider Luck's rehab as something that is "in his lane. "

Good fucking almighty this is unreal. Pags is reaching Rich Kotite levels with this stuff.

Brylok
08-30-2017, 12:43 AM
Good fucking almighty this is unreal. Pags is reaching Rich Kotite levels with this stuff.
It's just the usual bullshit.

Dam8610
08-30-2017, 11:54 AM

This is the type of thing that drives me absolutely insane reading this board. I'm guessing most of you probably don't want Pagano involved in the decision making process regarding Luck's return, but when you find out that he's not and he's making the best of that, you think "it's odd"?! MAKE UP YOUR FUCKING MINDS!

rcubed
08-30-2017, 12:13 PM
This is the type of thing that drives me absolutely insane reading this board. I'm guessing most of you probably don't want Pagano involved in the decision making process regarding Luck's return, but when you find out that he's not and he's making the best of that, you think "it's odd"?! MAKE UP YOUR FUCKING MINDS!
no dumbass. its odd that he says he knows nothing, hasnt seen him. he is your starting franchise QB! a head coach should need/want to know whats going with him. maybe peek your head in and check out what it looks like when he throws a ball. pags shouldnt be involved in clearing luck to play but should be on top of lucks progress

Brylok
08-30-2017, 12:26 PM
He should just keep repeating, "I'm not allowed to talk about it". It's obvious that nobody is, so why bother dancing around it? Just makes it worse.

GoBigBlue88
08-30-2017, 01:18 PM
Remember when Pagano knew Luck had a bum shoulder and yet continued to play him in meaningless games?

Stew Pidasole
08-30-2017, 01:41 PM
Remember when Pagano knew Luck had a bum shoulder and yet continued to play him in meaningless games?

think rather have Jim Caldwell back
biggest mistake was letting Arians walk instead of Pagano

Pez
08-30-2017, 02:33 PM

WTF, I never said Pags should make these decisions, nor did I say that he should know precisely what is going on. But for Pags to say Luck's recovery is something he is too busy to concern himself with because of "meetings and stuff?"

Your post is like me saying that because you defended Pagano slightly it means you have a man-crush on him. But that kind of shit is your business, you know, not in my lane.

Dam8610
08-30-2017, 02:54 PM
WTF, I never said Pags should make these decisions, nor did I say that he should know precisely what is going on. But for Pags to say Luck's recovery is something he is too busy to concern himself with because of "meetings and stuff?"

If he's not involved with the decision making process, why does he need to concern himself with it? Wouldn't that time and energy be better spent on preparing for games with the available players?

Your post is like me saying that because you defended Pagano slightly it means you have a man-crush on him.

That's par for the course around here. In fact, I can NOT defend Pagano and get called an apologist because I'm not overtly critical.

Racehorse
08-30-2017, 03:26 PM
I can NOT defend Pagano and get called an apologist because I'm not overtly critical.

Well, that has never happened, so take your straw man argument elsewhere.

Dam8610
08-30-2017, 03:33 PM
Well, that has never happened, so take your straw man argument elsewhere.

It's happened several times.

Pez
08-30-2017, 05:02 PM
If he's not involved with the decision making process, why does he need to concern himself with it? Wouldn't that time and energy be better spent on preparing for games with the available players?

That's par for the course around here. In fact, I can NOT defend Pagano and get called an apologist because I'm not overtly critical.

Whatever man, if someone says something just slightly to one side of neutral, you get all spinal tap and turn it up to 11.

My point is that I respect you aren't overtly critical of Pagano. I think you should show the same respect when someone says that maybe he should have had a look at Luck throwing a football once this season, perhaps instead of telling me I should MAKE UP MY FUCKING MIND.

And just for the sake of far away friends, shut up fag.

Stew Pidasole
08-30-2017, 05:05 PM
great post
I am rather new here is
this dam guy/gal the resident idiot or know-it-all?

Brylok
08-30-2017, 05:13 PM
great post
I am rather new here is
Yes

Stew Pidasole
08-30-2017, 05:24 PM
this place will be fun
football
nerd or two who the closest ever came to a football was a video game and now know it all
oh and politics have a lot of panties bunched up thread
love it here

smitty46953
08-30-2017, 05:54 PM
great post
I am rather new here is

Ha ha, figuring things out quick isn't he ... :cool:

rcubed
08-30-2017, 06:41 PM
this place will be fun
football
nerd or two who the closest ever came to a football was a video game and now know it all
love it here
that's why its the best!

omahacolt
08-30-2017, 08:04 PM
this place will be fun
football
love it here

And you being Puck's alter ego

Racehorse
08-30-2017, 08:47 PM
It's happened several times.

Nope. Not buying it.

smitty46953
08-30-2017, 08:57 PM
And you being Puck's alter ego

Omaha, I checked the IP address it does not match any other members ... :cool: Don't think it's Puck

Brylok
08-30-2017, 09:05 PM
Omaha, I checked the IP address it does not match any other members ... :cool: Don't think it's Puck
I don't know why anyone would need an alt here. People generally don't get banned, but I'd still wager on "troll". We shall see.

1965southpaw
08-31-2017, 11:20 PM
Finally a bit of good news

http://fox59.com/2017/08/31/colts-expected-to-take-luck-off-pup-list-by-saturday/

nate505
09-01-2017, 01:14 AM
Finally a bit of good news

http://fox59.com/2017/08/31/colts-expected-to-take-luck-off-pup-list-by-saturday/

Thank (whatever deity you believe or don't in). Hopefully he only misses a few games, though at this point if they rush him back I'll be furious.