PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes, statistics don’t lie

Kray007
11-07-2022, 02:56 PM
Sam Ehlinger dropped back to pass 29 times on Sunday. According to the guys at PFF, he was sacked 10 times, hit 3 more, and pressured another 10. It might well win the award for worst performance by an Offensive Line in the history of the game.

The curious thing, and the factoid that might have gotten Reich fired, is that I can’t remember a single occasion on which Reich had his Quarterback, a guy who is reasonably mobile, roll out to avoid pressure.

YDFL Commish
11-07-2022, 03:01 PM
Sam Ehlinger dropped back to pass 29 times on Sunday. According to the guys at PFF, he was sacked 10 times, hit 3 more, and pressured another 10. It might well win the award for worst performance by an Offensive Line in the history of the game.

The curious thing, and the factoid that might have gotten Reich fired, is that I can’t remember a single occasion on which Reich had his Quarterback, a guy who is reasonably mobile, roll out to avoid pressure.

I mentioned this in the game thread as well. No rollouts, no naked bootlegs, no creativity. But also, why so many games of bad play by Pryor before he was benched?

JAFF
11-07-2022, 03:02 PM

My wife asked, “ they couldn't run the stretch play”?

Chromeburn
11-07-2022, 04:09 PM

Things don’t get better when you fire coaches, they get worse. I think Irsay made Reich fired Brady. I also think Reich resigned just fed up with things.

This season was done the moment they decided to play Ehlinger. They are gearing up for a rebuild and new QB new system.

rm1369
11-07-2022, 04:41 PM
Things don’t get better when you fire coaches, they get worse. I think Irsay made Reich fired Brady. I also think Reich resigned just fed up with things.

This season was done the moment they decided to play Ehlinger. They are gearing up for a rebuild and new QB new system.

That’s what they should have done when Luck retired. Instead Ballard has prioritized his job security.

rcubed
11-07-2022, 04:56 PM

probably not far off.

omahacolt
11-07-2022, 07:02 PM

Ehlinger's first pass last week was a rollout i believe

Racehorse
11-07-2022, 07:07 PM

I did not watch the first drive, but I did not see any rollouts after I started watching.

YDFL Commish
11-07-2022, 07:09 PM

Correct, but he didn't have a single rollout vs the Pats.