PDA

View Full Version : Osweiler to !$&@&

1965southpaw
08-23-2017, 01:17 PM
I do not believe this......we couldn't possibly be this stupid!

https://mobile.twitter.com/TonyGrossi/status/900370866315419649

sherck
08-23-2017, 01:35 PM

Sorry, work blocks twitter.

I am assuming that it is rumor that we are trading for the big O ?

Which would indeed be stupid.

Walk Worthy,

Spike
08-23-2017, 01:43 PM

Don't know who this Tony Grossi character is, but he is full of shit. No fucking way the Colts take on Osweiler. Pagano might be that stupid, but I doubt Ballard is.

1965southpaw
08-23-2017, 01:46 PM
Sorry, work blocks twitter.

I am assuming that it is rumor that we are trading for the big O ?

Which would indeed be stupid.

Walk Worthy,

Yes, it's a tweet by a Cleveland reporter who covers the Browns. There is broader reporting that the browns are shopping the big O and his inflated contract for a second round pick and then this guy tweets this: Watch Osweiler to the Colts.

I don't know if he's a browns insider or not but I just don't see this as credible.....yikes....that would suck.

sherck
08-23-2017, 01:52 PM
While Ballard / Pags may end up wanting to add a QB, there is NO WAY that Ballard spends $16m of 2017 cap money on Osweiler in addition to giving away a draft pick.

No way.

He has been too frugal with his cap money so far that there is no way that he spends for a failed NFL QB just because Luck will be out some number of weeks.

This is just pure speculation on the part of the reporter. He sees that Luck is out, Tolzien has been trash and says "hmmm...what would help the Browns the most? I know, trading sucky O to the Colts!" and makes the speculation.

Nothing to see here. Move along. These are not the droids you are looking for.

Walk Worthy,

Dam8610
08-23-2017, 01:57 PM

It's a rumor, but I see overreactions are at an all-time high here.

Spike
08-23-2017, 02:04 PM

No one is overreacting. Just making comments on how this rumor is just idiotic.

Brylok
08-23-2017, 03:25 PM
Dumbest thing I've read all day.

rcubed
08-23-2017, 04:33 PM
Dumbest thing I've read all day.
the rumor or damy?

1965southpaw
08-23-2017, 05:28 PM
JMV is discussing this and is largely rejecting this as an unrealistic rumor.....says none of his Colts contacts have mentioned this at all. That said, he said that this Tony Rossi guy is not a hack but a reputable journalist. I can see a scenario where Grigson throws the idea out there in Browns discussions if they are in fact looking to shop BO around......But as most have said makes no sense for Colts to take that phone call.....

testcase448
08-23-2017, 09:45 PM

Could be worse, we could sign that no talent anti American cancer kapacock or what ever his name is.

omahacolt
08-23-2017, 09:47 PM
Could be worse, we could sign that no talent anti American cancer kapacock or what ever his name is.

Anti American?

Haha keep pretending you know what that means

testcase448
08-23-2017, 09:56 PM
Anti American?

Haha keep pretending you know what that means

I'm clear on the meaning, definition for you....

Can you read it or do you need help?

Dictionary

anti american
an·ti-A·mer·i·can
ˌan(t)ēəˈmerikən,ˌan(t)īəˈmerikən/Submit
adjective
hostile to the interests of the United States; opposed to Americans.

indycolts2
08-23-2017, 10:20 PM

Dictionary

anti american
an·ti-A·mer·i·can
adjective
I'm thinking you re going to have a rough go of it here with that approach.

natagu23
08-23-2017, 11:55 PM

If this happens, I will shoot my dick off.

Hoopsdoc
08-24-2017, 06:04 AM
I'm thinking you re going to have a rough go of it here with that approach.

He's not wrong, though.

Having said that, this is America, where you're allowed to be anti American. Just don't whine when no one signs your sorry ass BECAUSE you are anti American.

sherck
08-24-2017, 06:52 AM
He's not wrong, though.

Having said that, this is America, where you're allowed to be anti American. Just don't whine when no one signs your sorry ass BECAUSE you are anti American.
Well said.

It is completely American to protest the freedoms this nations has delivered to you upon the event of your birth on its soil. To paraphrase a movie line, "the symbol of your nation cannot just be the flag that it flies. It must also be the actions of one of its citizens to exercise that freedom by burning that flag in protest."

It is also completely American for others to look at your protest and then choose to deliver the deserved consequences to you for those protests.

The issue being is that Kapricorn wants to be an American in the first part (protest) but then wants to be un-American in the second part (not suffering negative consequences due to his actions).

I went to a great lecture about five years ago in which the lecturer took about 45 minutes to tell the history of the United States from a viewpoint of what today would be called a conservative Christian viewpoint.

He then turned around and took about 45 minutes to tell the history of the United States from a viewpoint of what today would be called a liberal activist.

Folks, both stories were beautiful; both touched on a lot of what makes American great. It was just fascinating to see the different events and actions that one side feels is central to the American experience while that same event or action did not even register to the other side as being of any significance.

I personally believe that his first version of history was more accurate in pointing to God which is why I am a conservative Christian but I could also see the attraction and greatness of the second viewpoint.

I personally believe that viewpoint was unrealistic and naive but I see how it could be compelling outside of a believe in the Christian God.

The point being is that both sides want to believe that they are acting towards a better America....just their version of it.

That does not excuse violence, threats, murder, property damage or any of the other things we are seeing that go along with today's protests. However, both sides have a vision of America that they are working towards.

Choose wisely.

And, yeah, agree that if we would sign Kapricorn, I would have to shoot my junk off.

Walk Worthy,

Racehorse
08-24-2017, 07:01 AM
I hope nobody loses a wiener this year!

omahacolt
08-24-2017, 07:59 AM

Dictionary

anti american
an·ti-A·mer·i·can
adjective

The right to peacefully protest isn't anti American

Stop being an ignorant racist

omahacolt
08-24-2017, 08:09 AM
He's not wrong, though.

He is t anti American. He is protesting police brutality against black dudes. And white dudes are losing their shit over it. Like most of you fuckers stand at home or at the bar. Fake outrage due to your closeted racist views

omahacolt
08-24-2017, 08:12 AM
Well said.

It is completely American to protest the freedoms this nations has delivered to you upon the event of your birth on its soil. To paraphrase a movie line, "the symbol of your nation cannot just be the flag that it flies. It must also be the actions of one of its citizens to exercise that freedom by burning that flag in protest."

It is also completely American for others to look at your protest and then choose to deliver the deserved consequences to you for those protests.

The issue being is that Kapricorn wants to be an American in the first part (protest) but then wants to be un-American in the second part (not suffering negative consequences due to his actions).

I went to a great lecture about five years ago in which the lecturer took about 45 minutes to tell the history of the United States from a viewpoint of what today would be called a conservative Christian viewpoint.

He then turned around and took about 45 minutes to tell the history of the United States from a viewpoint of what today would be called a liberal activist.

Folks, both stories were beautiful; both touched on a lot of what makes American great. It was just fascinating to see the different events and actions that one side feels is central to the American experience while that same event or action did not even register to the other side as being of any significance.

I personally believe that his first version of history was more accurate in pointing to God which is why I am a conservative Christian but I could also see the attraction and greatness of the second viewpoint.

I personally believe that viewpoint was unrealistic and naive but I see how it could be compelling outside of a believe in the Christian God.

The point being is that both sides want to believe that they are acting towards a better America....just their version of it.

That does not excuse violence, threats, murder, property damage or any of the other things we are seeing that go along with today's protests. However, both sides have a vision of America that they are working towards.

Choose wisely.

And, yeah, agree that if we would sign Kapricorn, I would have to shoot my junk off.

Walk Worthy,haha you said naive but weren't talking about the god part.

Mr. Session
08-24-2017, 08:49 AM
haha you said naive but weren't talking about the god part.

God is angry at Kaepernick too because he is being un-american.

testcase448
08-24-2017, 08:51 AM
The right to peacefully protest isn't anti American

Stop being an ignorant racist

Did I mention his race? Screw you... I could care less what color he is. If we find a Blue... black... chartreuse... green capable back up QB I really don't care.

I would argue that any spoiled, over paid no talent piece of shite that grew up privileged protesting the very flag that allowed him those privileges is a racist imbecile.

The disrespect he shows those that gave him those privileges as symbolized by that flag is the problem.

He has the right to be stupid, granted by the very flag he spits on. Teams have a right to not hire him for being an anti American cancer as well

Mr. Session
08-24-2017, 09:02 AM
Did I mention his race? Screw you... I could care less what color he is. If we find a Blue... black... chartreuse... green capable back up QB I really don't care.

I would argue that any spoiled, over paid no talent piece of shite that grew up privileged protesting the very flag that allowed him those privileges is a racist imbecile.

The disrespect he shows those that gave him those privileges as symbolized by that flag is the problem.

He has the right to be stupid, granted by the very flag he spits on. Teams have a right to not hire him for being an anti American cancer as well

You are one angry (and probably little) man.

testcase448
08-24-2017, 10:15 AM
You are one angry (and probably little) man.

I do dislike anti American types. I'll grant you that

Me and that racist bastard George Foreman...

George Foreman Kevin Durant and Colin Kaepernick are unpatriotic

“‘I got all this money, but nobody knows me. So let me say something like Muhammad Ali, and maybe I’ll be different.’ That’s all that is,” he said, mocking a potential perspective of the athletes. “We came in the era (when) we were patriotic. The greatest day of my life was when I put on the colors, representing the United States [during the Olympics].”

1965southpaw
08-24-2017, 10:40 AM
Sorry to interrupt this riveting socio-political debate with the original point of this thread but just wanted to report that Grady and Big Joe have been discussing this rumor for the last few minutes and they commented that the Indy sports writers are now widely commenting on the rumor and some have characterized that the Colts have "discussed" this option but so far no one has characterized this rumor as something the Colts are inclined to seriously pursue. Grady's last comment was he sees this as more an indictment of how Tolzein is viewed in the organization right now vs any serious interest in the big O. I.e. he is underperforming against their expectations. As many here have said, I expect Ballard won't take on BO's crazy contract for a qb that is no better than Tolzein and may in fact be worse. I just hope this isn't an indication that Lucks shoulder isn't rebounding as they expected.

testcase448
08-24-2017, 10:47 AM
Sorry to interrupt this riveting socio-political debate with the original point of this thread but just wanted to report that Grady and Big Joe have been discussing this rumor for the last few minutes and they commented that the Indy sports writers are now widely commenting on the rumor and some have characterized that the Colts have "discussed" this option but so far no one has characterized this rumor as something the Colts are inclined to seriously pursue. Grady's last comment was he sees this as more an indictment of how Tolzein is viewed in the organization right now vs any serious interest in the big O. I.e. he is underperforming against their expectations. As many here have said, I expect Ballard won't take on BO's crazy contract for a qb that is no better than Tolzein and may in fact be worse. I just hope this isn't an indication that Lucks shoulder isn't rebounding as they expected.

Does Tolzein suck any worse than the rest of the roster broadly speaking?
TY and an handful of others are talented, a huge majority of the others aren't and I'd include the Coach and owner.
Would adding a failed, repeatedly failed, veteran like O do ANYTHING to improve the roster?

1965southpaw
08-24-2017, 10:58 AM
Does Tolzein suck any worse than the rest of the roster broadly speaking?
TY and an handful of others are talented, a huge majority of the others aren't and I'd include the Coach and owner.
Would adding a failed, repeatedly failed, veteran like O do ANYTHING to improve the roster?

No....it would only tie up $ that we need to sign some defensive playmakers next year. Let's face it, this is another year where our success rests largely on Lucks re-habbing right shoulder. I'm a glass half full kind of person but my expectations are pretty low for this year.

Spike
08-24-2017, 11:31 AM
[/B]

No....it would only tie up $ that we need to sign some defensive playmakers next year. Let's face it, this is another year where our success rests largely on Lucks re-habbing right shoulder. I'm a glass half full kind of person but my expectations are pretty low for this year.

That's been a Colt problem since Manning. Manning and Luck have had to be extraordinary for the Colts to be competitive. Hopefully Ballard can turn this around. Need to find a good coach too, Pagano absolutely sucks.

Brylok
08-24-2017, 01:00 PM
God is angry at Kaepernick too because he is being un-american.
"God is an American." - David Bowie

FatDT
08-24-2017, 04:21 PM
Signing Osweiler for any amount of money would be colossally stupid.

Dam8610
08-24-2017, 07:15 PM
Signing Osweiler for any amount of money would be colossally stupid.

Vet minimum if Cleveland cuts him? He can't be worse than Tolzien, and if he signs for very minimum, he'll save the team money by allowing them to cut Tolzien

Thorgrim
08-24-2017, 07:55 PM
Vet minimum if Cleveland cuts him? He can't be worse than Tolzien, and if he signs for very minimum, he'll save the team money by allowing them to cut Tolzien

^ this

Butter
08-24-2017, 08:15 PM

Hell yes you consider him at Vet min, not at the ridiculous contract the Texans gave him.

FatDT
08-24-2017, 08:24 PM

Fine. Signing him for any realistic amount of money would be colossally stupid. He's not going to sign for vet minimum.

Thorgrim
08-24-2017, 09:01 PM
Fine. Signing him for any realistic amount of money would be colossally stupid. He's not going to sign for vet minimum.

Correct. Some dumb ass owner is gonna give him an overinflated contract out of desperation once the qb's start to fall. No way under any reasonable contract do I see him in Indy.

Hoopsdoc
08-25-2017, 04:44 AM
He is t anti American. He is protesting police brutality against black dudes. And white dudes are losing their shit over it. Like most of you fuckers stand at home or at the bar. Fake outrage due to your closeted racist views

Ahh, yes, the good old race card. Never fails to appear in these conversations whether it's merited or not.

Its the conversational equivalent of saying I have nothing, let me just throw this out there.

He isn't unemployed because everyone else is racist. He's unemployed because he isn't very good and he decided to take a stand on something that a lot of people feel very strongly about.

albany ed
08-25-2017, 06:19 AM
If the Colts were to sign a QB, I'd much rather it be Kaepernick than Osweiler. I don't care about K's politics. Hell, I want Luck, but if he's going to be out for half the season, then give me a QB that can excite me. Kaepernick can do that, Osweiler can't. Win or lose, Kaepernick generates excitement and entertainment, and that's what I watch football to see.

I don't see it happening, because Irsay, like most owners is concerned about the bottom line. If signing Kaepernick would mean a fan lo$$ at the turnstiles, then it won't happen. I don't believe most owners really care about the politics of this, they'd sign him if they thought it would boost their revenue. As Ali once said, some people bought a ticket to his fights to see him win, others bought a ticket to see him get his butt whupped, but as long as they bought tickets, he was happy.

DragonTails
08-25-2017, 12:11 PM
If the Colts were to sign a QB, I'd much rather it be Kaepernick than Osweiler. I don't care about K's politics. Hell, I want Luck, but if he's going to be out for half the season, then give me a QB that can excite me. Kaepernick can do that, Osweiler can't. Win or lose, Kaepernick generates excitement and entertainment, and that's what I watch football to see.

I don't see it happening, because Irsay, like most owners is concerned about the bottom line. If signing Kaepernick would mean a fan lo$$ at the turnstiles, then it won't happen. I don't believe most owners really care about the politics of this, they'd sign him if they thought it would boost their revenue. As Ali once said, some people bought a ticket to his fights to see him win, others bought a ticket to see him get his butt whupped, but as long as they bought tickets, he was happy.

I agree Kaepernick > Osweiler.

Signing Kaepernick would lose zero fans...keeping Tolzien on the other hand...

omahacolt
08-25-2017, 02:29 PM
Ahh, yes, the good old race card. Never fails to appear in these conversations whether it's merited or not.

Its the conversational equivalent of saying I have nothing, let me just throw this out there.

He isn't unemployed because everyone else is racist. He's unemployed because he isn't very good and he decided to take a stand on something that a lot of people feel very strongly about.

bullshit

he isn't employed because racists are pissed that a black man wouldn't stand during the anthem to protest police brutality against black dudes. owners are scared because there are a lot of morons/racists that get their panties in a bunch when minorities push back. see the all live matters pissfaces.

pulling out the race card is appropriate when there are obvious race issues at hand. but i love how white people like to pretend that calling out racism is a chicken shit thing to do. like it is just bullshit.

he is not protesting america. he is protesting unjust violence in america. yet rednecks just see a black dude standing up for himself and they don't like it. you can call it bs all you want but that is true.

testcase448
08-25-2017, 02:58 PM
bullshit

he isn't employed because racists are pissed that a black man wouldn't stand during the anthem to protest police brutality against black dudes. owners are scared because there are a lot of morons/racists that get their panties in a bunch when minorities push back. see the all live matters pissfaces.

pulling out the race card is appropriate when there are obvious race issues at hand. but i love how white people like to pretend that calling out racism is a chicken shit thing to do. like it is just bullshit.

he is not protesting america. he is protesting unjust violence in america. yet rednecks just see a black dude standing up for himself and they don't like it. you can call it bs all you want but that is true.

He sucks, and wants to much $$$ to be a cancer.
No one says don't get a black QB, just don't get one that sucks, is over paid, and a huge, blight/distraction

BTW the noted racist Jim Brown agrees with me... oh wait, he's black...

YDFL Commish
08-25-2017, 02:59 PM
There is a time and a place for everything. You don't stand in your employers building and protest anything.

Fine, do it in public...call a press conference, or whatever. Just dont jeopardize your employer by making his customers (the fans) disgruntled.

HoosierinFL
08-25-2017, 03:09 PM
There is a time and a place for everything. You don't stand in your employers building and protest anything.

Fine, do it in public...call a press conference, or whatever. Just dont jeopardize your employer by making his customers (the fans) disgruntled.

The owner doesn't own the building.

testcase448
08-25-2017, 03:29 PM

You don't stand in the CITIZENS building....

YDFL Commish
08-25-2017, 09:02 PM

Ok, I don't know the specifics of the 49'rs stadium situation. But surely you get the gist of the point I am trying to make.

Kapernick (perhaps unknowingly) was jeopardizing the product that was producing his salary.

The national anthem is not the time or place to protest against any injustice that is being committed to any person, race, gender or any political views.

Brylok
08-25-2017, 10:26 PM
You don't stand in the CITIZENS building....
WTF does this even mean?

Butter
08-25-2017, 10:29 PM
WTF does this even mean?

Made about as much sense as the rest of their posts.

Brylok
08-25-2017, 10:34 PM
I don't really mind trolls as long as they're entertaining. That headcase troll is just irritating.

rcubed
08-26-2017, 01:14 AM

https://i.imgur.com/EWFzV.gif

Hoopsdoc
08-26-2017, 02:45 AM
bullshit

Unfettered bullshit. Dudes are sitting for the anthem all the time. Hell, Marcus Peters rode a damn exercise bike during it just tonight. If it's racism, shouldn't all these guys be unemployed? It's flat out ridiculous to blame Kaps unemployment on anything but the fact that he's NOT VERY GOOD.

His presence is not worth the negative publicity that it would bring because he's just not very good. End of story.

What's hilarious is people crying about racism when the league is 80 percent black. Hell, if anyone had a gripe about racism, it would be Tim Tebow. He said prayers on the field, people went apeshit, and he's been out of the league ever since. THAT dude has more of a gripe than Castro shirt wearing, pig socks sporting Kapernick. To say otherwise is hypocritical.

Johanvil
08-26-2017, 04:11 AM
Best part about the whole Kaepernick thing is having people telling you with a straight face that he's not employed cause he's not good enough. Especially when Osweiler, Bortles, Gabbert and the likes of them get a job year in year out despite being shit.

He's better than them.

omahacolt
08-26-2017, 11:24 AM
Unfettered bullshit. Dudes are sitting for the anthem all the time. Hell, Marcus Peters rode a damn exercise bike during it just tonight. If it's racism, shouldn't all these guys be unemployed? It's flat out ridiculous to blame Kaps unemployment on anything but the fact that he's NOT VERY GOOD.

His presence is not worth the negative publicity that it would bring because he's just not very good. End of story.

What's hilarious is people crying about racism when the league is 80 percent black. Hell, if anyone had a gripe about racism, it would be Tim Tebow. He said prayers on the field, people went apeshit, and he's been out of the league ever since. THAT dude has more of a gripe than Castro shirt wearing, pig socks sporting Kapernick. To say otherwise is hypocritical.

tebow was fucking terrible. he didn't belong in the league as a qb. he couldnt play.

not sure how you still don't understand this but maybe i can spell it out for you or maybe have my daughter get her crayons and draw you a fucking picture.

kaepernick isn't a great qb. but he is good enough to be a backup. his play on the field isn't what is making him unemployed. the owners arent the racist ones. they are the scared ones.

they won't sign kap because all of the racist assholes that hate him now because he stood up for something they don't like. a bunch of outrage by morons that are completely clueless as to what he is actually protesting. guys like you that for some reason think racism doesn't exist or isn't prevalent anymore. it is the backlash the owners are afraid of. the backlash from racist fucks

albany ed
08-26-2017, 12:01 PM
tebow was fucking terrible. he didn't belong in the league as a qb. he couldnt play.

not sure how you still don't understand this but maybe i can spell it out for you or maybe have my daughter get her crayons and draw you a fucking picture.

kaepernick isn't a great qb. but he is good enough to be a backup. his play on the field isn't what is making him unemployed. the owners arent the racist ones. they are the scared ones.

they won't sign kap because all of the racist assholes that hate him now because he stood up for something they don't like. a bunch of outrage by morons that are completely clueless as to what he is actually protesting. guys like you that for some reason think racism doesn't exist or isn't prevalent anymore. it is the backlash the owners are afraid of. the backlash from racist fucks

I agree, it's all abut money for the owners, they're businessmen. Tebow got chance after chance, because even though most teams knew he sucked as a QB, each team he played for got to merchandise his jersey. I'm sure he made money for every team that gave him a shot.

nate505
08-26-2017, 12:07 PM
Best part about the whole Kaepernick thing is having people telling you with a straight face that he's not employed cause he's not good enough. Especially when Osweiler, Bortles, Gabbert and the likes of them get a job year in year out despite being shit.

He's better than them.
Yeah, it's comically embarrassing to hear people say that. At least you know their opinion on football is worthless.

Hoopsdoc
08-26-2017, 02:13 PM

I've never said racism doesn't exist, nor do I think that.

He's a marginal player who shined a very bright controversial light directly on himself. He wore a Castro shirt to a press conference, and cops as pigs socks to practice. No Florida team is ever gonna touch him after that, because of the huge Cuban population there. Plenty of people have ample reason to say fuck him without race being a factor at all. I guarantee you he'd be in the same predicament he's in right now if he were white, only he wouldn't have all the support.

YDFL Commish
08-26-2017, 06:00 PM

I'm glad that you agree that Kaepernik is a backup. Because, would you pay a backup QB in excess of $10 million a year, which is what he's rumored to be asking for?

If indeed that is what he's asking for, then that is the biggest reason that he's out of a job.

DrSpaceman
08-26-2017, 07:46 PM
I honestly don't care what these people do during the national anthem. Nor have I ever paid attention to what a position a single one of them is ever in during the anthem. They could have been kneeling or lying down or crouching or doing headstands for all I know. Or care.

I just get sick of hearing about it and all the talk about it. Its become more important to the sports media than the actual games.

Are you political reporters or sports reporters? Make a decision. If you want to enter a 3 hour political discussion during your show, which is what some fo them have become, change networks.

testcase448
08-28-2017, 09:38 AM
WTF does this even mean?

Kind of slow?
Who owns these stadiums?
CITIZENS....