PDA

View Full Version : Week 2 Injury Reports

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
09-15-2022, 03:00 PM
Yikes. What a difference a week can make.

Several Colts dinged up and not practicing with the team the last few days.

DeForest Buckner - hip

Kenny Moore II - hip

Michael Pittman Jr - quad

Alec Pierce - concussion - Pierce returned to the field today in a red no-contact jersey; he participated on a limited basis

At least it appears that Leonard is progressing with no setbacks so far....

https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/1570462133292236804

Colts LB Shaq Leonard — full in yesterday's padded practice — on status for Jax: "Feeling better than last week. Practice going pretty smooth."

Playing Sunday? "We gonna find out."

Added: "Felt smooth. (It) was just like a normal day for me, wasn’t as sore as I was last week."

IndyNorm
09-15-2022, 03:17 PM
Not good to see Buckner banged up. Hope it's more precautionary than anything :cool:

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
09-16-2022, 09:24 AM
No practice today - only a walkthrough.

Therefore, the Colts will send out an injury report estimate - they will mark whether the player would have practiced if there was a full workout.

https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/1570750366056349698

Colts are not practicing today, instead conducting a walk through. Can't remember the last time they cut practice on a Friday (outside of Saturday game weeks).

Buckner, Pittman, Moore II and Pierce have all missed some practice time this week.

Butter
09-16-2022, 11:17 AM
This did not look like a team last Sunday that needed less practice.

smitty46953
09-16-2022, 11:57 AM

Amen !!! :cool:

ChoppedWood
09-16-2022, 12:11 PM

Not what the analytics told him...

Colts And Orioles
09-16-2022, 12:27 PM
Yikes ...... what a difference a week can make.

Several Colts are dinged up and have not been practicing with the team for the last few days.

DeForest Buckner - hip

Kenny Moore II - hip

Michael Pittman Jr - quad

Alec Pierce - concussion - Pierce returned to the field today in a red no-contact jersey; he participated on a limited basis

At least it appears that Leonard is progressing with no setbacks so far....

https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/1570462133292236804

o

As usual, thanks for the info.

o

smitty46953
09-16-2022, 01:35 PM
Stephen Holder
@HolderStephen
Frank Reich: Shaquille Leonard and Alec Pierce are OUT for Sunday.

Stephen Holder
@HolderStephen
Pierce could not pass the concussion protocol based on his current status, but is progressing well.

Leonard progressing as well.

Stephen Holder
@HolderStephen
Michael Pittman is questionable. He felt a pain in his quad on Wednesday that wasn't present earlier, so they sidelined him for the rest of the day. They're not sure where it originated.

DeForest Buckner is questionable as well, Reich said.

:cool:

CletusPyle
09-16-2022, 02:50 PM
Stephen Holder is just full of good news!

ChaosTheory
09-16-2022, 05:04 PM

I wondered about that. Holder I think said Wed/Thurs were "unusually" physical. I listened to Reich and he said they had been planning for a light Friday after going heavy on Wed/Thurs "in the heat." Which is something I've always wondered about pro teams...

Like how big a deal is it for pro athletes to leave a relatively pleasant climate, and come down to the Gulf states for one game (where there's no time to acclimate) and deal with this kind of brutal heat/moisture. Anyway, tangent.

By the way, weather says it's raining in Jacksonville through Monday. Could be a sloppy one.

JAFF
09-16-2022, 05:48 PM
Stephen Holder is just full of good news!

If it were good news it wouldnt be Colts news

smitty46953
09-17-2022, 12:51 PM
THIS SUCKS :eek:

Indianapolis Colts
@Colts
WR Michael Pittman Jr. (quad) has been downgraded to Out.

Oldcolt
09-17-2022, 12:57 PM
We get to see how much we needed to sign a wr this off season. I hope Ballard knew what he was doing.

Butter
09-17-2022, 01:17 PM
Ugh, Campbell is going to have to step the fuck up. Going to need big days from JT and Hines

Oldcolt
09-17-2022, 01:35 PM
We spent a ton on defensive upgrades. It’s time for them to play like upgrades. The offense is hurting, we make a big deal about how the Colts are a complete team. Time to prove it. Defense needs to step up

Hoopsdoc
09-17-2022, 02:32 PM
THIS SUCKS :eek:

Indianapolis Colts
@Colts
WR Michael Pittman Jr. (quad) has been downgraded to Out.

I’d have been surprised if they won with Pittman.

I’ll be shocked if they win now.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
09-17-2022, 03:30 PM
Keke Coutee was elevated from the practice squad to add another body to the WR corps.

https://www.colts.com/news/chase-mclaughlin-week-2-kicker-jacksonville-jaguars-roster-move

rcubed
09-17-2022, 07:08 PM
Well shits. No pittman.

Oldcolt
09-17-2022, 09:23 PM
Keke Coutee was elevated from the practice squad to add another body to the WR corps.

https://www.colts.com/news/chase-mclaughlin-week-2-kicker-jacksonville-jaguars-roster-move

I feel Coutee is a better receiver than Dulin right now. Dulin is a stud on ST, has the size Ballard looks for and more upside however. This is a huge chance for one of these back of the roster guys to make a statement. It is way past time for this team to get some love from the football gods. This is the game it happens.