PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Starters

Discflinger
08-25-2022, 02:18 PM
Amped to see the starters play this Saturday for both teams and hear two of the best in the bizz to call it(in Buffalo we didn’t even exist to the announcers). Should be a great measuring stick to see where we stand. Keep it vanilla but beat the man in front of you!

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
08-25-2022, 02:43 PM
Neither Jonathan Taylor nor Nyheim Hines will play vs the Bucs.

I doubt Ryan Kelly will be available for the game either since he tested positive for COVID a day or two ago.

So Pinter will probably be playing Center. Not sure how the Colts will shuffle around the OL to fill in the RG spot.

CletusPyle
08-25-2022, 06:56 PM
Neither Jonathan Taylor nor Nyheim Hines will play vs the Bucs.

I doubt Ryan Kelly will be available for the game either since he tested positive for COVID a day or two ago.

So Pinter will probably be playing Center. Not sure how the Colts will shuffle around the OL to fill in the RG spot.

So the Colts will basically have no running game...:confused:

Butter
08-25-2022, 10:23 PM
So the Colts will basically have no running game...:confused:

Lindsay has looked decent.

Ironshaft
08-26-2022, 07:44 AM
Not sure how the Colts will shuffle around the OL to fill in the RG spot.
Saw something where earlier in the week, they put Pryor at RT, moved Smith inside to RG, had Pinter at OC and we saw Rain-man in at LT.

Either that or we will just see the next O-Lineman up play RG.

They have options. It remains to be seen if they are GOOD options but they have options.

Butter
08-26-2022, 10:51 AM
Seems odd to move one of the Best RT into RG to fill that hole.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
08-26-2022, 11:24 AM
Seems odd to move one of the Best RT into RG to fill that hole.

I don't think you will see much of that alignment in actual games.

I think the Colts wanted to see Raimann at LT....but also wanted to continue to give reps at the tackle position to Pryor so they moved him over to the right side. Not only that, the Colts probably wanted to give Pryor a little practice time at RT for when he eventually moves into the swing tackle role once Raimann supplants him at LT (hopefully Raimann develops quickly and that will happen at some point this season).

Earlier in training camp, the Colts made a similar move with placing Ryan Kelly at RG whenever they were giving C snaps to Pinter for his role as back-up Center.

JAFF
08-26-2022, 02:13 PM
I don't think you will see much of that alignment in actual games.

I think the Colts wanted to see Raimann at LT....but also wanted to continue to give reps at the tackle position to Pryor so they moved him over to the right side. Not only that, the Colts probably wanted to give Pryor a little practice time at RT for when he eventually moves into the swing tackle role once Raimann supplants him at LT (hopefully Raimann develops quickly and that will happen at some point this season).

Earlier in training camp, the Colts made a similar move with placing Ryan Kelly at RG whenever they were giving C snaps to Pinter for his role as back-up Center.

Mudd moved linemen around in practice all the time. Gives them different perspective and heaven forbid something bad would happen, people would be able to move and still produce

Discflinger
08-27-2022, 12:58 AM
I just can’t wait to see Brady on his ass. Remember when a Fort Wayne boy put him out for a season?