PDA

View Full Version : Heading to camp 7/30

apballin
07-30-2022, 10:33 AM
I’ll give you freaks a full report later

Colts And Orioles
07-30-2022, 11:54 AM
I’ll give you freaks a full report later.

o

You're going to Colts camp ??? I'm not going to Colts camp ...... you bastard.

o

apballin
07-31-2022, 11:21 AM
Ok so here’s what I got…

1. It was packed out at Grand Park and you can just feel the excitement definitely different than the past few years (last year) I watched Eason fumble the first 3 snaps he took which led to some boos

2. Matt Ryan was the first guy on the field

3. They did a little address the fans thing, Matt Ryan and JT came over and spoke into the mic I was standing far away so couldn’t hear what they were saying so I watched the players— they were all kinda standing around, then I notice some monster over there hitting the bag doing blocking drills while nobody is paying attention… ofcourse it’s Nelson

4. Mo Allie makes Woods look small, that dudes fuckin huge

As for the drills Matt Ryan looks good, none of his balls hit the ground that I seen and he kept hitting Campbell

Lineman 1on 1 was the best part to me them dudes were getting after each other I mean going hard I seen a lot of pancakes and lineman getting put on their ass after that drill I had to lookup who 71 was he stoned ngakwe even ngakwe acknowledged the guy afterwards I kno it’s just drills but that dude definitely stood out

Buckner wasn’t doing much he was out there tho

I left there feeling good so I stopped at Kilroys on the way home and left there feeling great.

All I can say is strap in boys this year we’re ready for takeoff

apballin
07-31-2022, 12:59 PM
Oh yea almost forgot… Jake Verity was making Hot Rod look like a joke

Clearly a stronger leg he was booming 60 yarders

Hot Rod was struggling from 55

Hot Rod is in trouble

JAFF
07-31-2022, 02:02 PM
Wait until there is a game. Kicking in practice has no pressure

rcubed
07-31-2022, 02:52 PM

Which goes for both of them so….

JAFF
07-31-2022, 03:11 PM
Which goes for both of them so….

I agree. Adam V was great with money on the line

apballin
07-31-2022, 03:41 PM

Which is even more scary when he’s struggling to hit 50 yarders with no rush

Dam8610
07-31-2022, 06:36 PM
How did 79 look?

apballin
07-31-2022, 08:17 PM
How did 79 look?

Hard to tell honestly he was holding his own but mostly vs the backups so I’d say I need to see more

ChaosTheory
07-31-2022, 10:26 PM
How did 79 look?

Hard to tell honestly he was holding his own but mostly vs the backups so I’d say I need to see more

I'm starting to catch up on the weekend's news and this is what I was most interested in. I guess first step is to not get wrecked by back-ups, so that's good.
----

From what I'm reading, Parris Campbell seems to be Ryan's favorite target so far? What a sleeper that would be for the league if he can stay healthy and tap his potential with a good QB. Hearing Pierce is catching on quick is exciting. Saw that throw from Ryan to Hines while being smothered by Speed (I think)... A one-off throw like that is impressive, but seeing it after hearing all these guys gush about his accuracy is also very exciting.

MAC making Woods look small is crazy because Woods on tape looks pretty ridiculous.

Thanks for the info, Ballin.

Oldcolt
08-01-2022, 10:21 AM
Been reading good things about Banogu, looks like he is making a run at back up LEO. He is a big time athlete who someone loves on this team (guy never ever plays and yet has stays on the 53). Lets hope he can finally show why he was a second round draft choice and give us some production.

Hoopsdoc
08-01-2022, 11:35 AM
Been reading good things about Banogu, looks like he is making a run at back up LEO. He is a big time athlete who someone loves on this team (guy never ever plays and yet has stays on the 53). Lets hope he can finally show why he was a second round draft choice and give us some production.

Banogu will never amount to shit.

Oldcolt
08-01-2022, 11:49 AM

Why do you say that? Have you seen him play? I haven't so I am not sure what he can bring to the team. I believe he has potential, the Colt administration seems to agree. I really hope you are wrong about this but agree you are probably correct, I just hope Eberflus was the one who didn't know shit.

jasperhobbs
08-01-2022, 04:35 PM

Who knows, maybe he can be a late bloomer like Jerry Hughes

rm1369
08-01-2022, 09:40 PM

Went to camp on Saturday. While watching warmups girlfriend asked me “who is #52? He doesn’t seem to take it as serious as everyone else.” Apparently according to her he spent the whole time dancing. Doesn’t mean shit obviously, but I found it funny why he caught her attention.

Same deal (doesn’t mean shit) but the one thing that caught my attention was Gransen dropping or bobbling balls. Didn’t seem to cleanly catch anything contested that I saw. I obviously only saw a few passes, so hopefully just coincidence they were bad ones.

HoosierinFL
08-02-2022, 11:24 AM
Who knows, maybe he can be a late bloomer like Jerry Hughes

Like Hughes, it could be a change of position that matters, Hughes was asked to be a 4/3 DE like Freeney and Mathis and it wasn’t a good fit. He went to Buffalo and played OLB in their 3/4.
The dumb thing is that it was the same year we made the switch to 3/4, he could have potentially done that here.

Anyway having Banogu play LEO in this new defense could be a real thing.

ChaosTheory
08-02-2022, 11:58 AM
Same deal (doesn’t mean shit) but the one thing that caught my attention was Gransen dropping or bobbling balls. Didn’t seem to cleanly catch anything contested that I saw. I obviously only saw a few passes, so hopefully just coincidence they were bad ones.

I feel like I keep hearing this about the guy from several observers. Sucks because Granson's skillset could be a unique element at TE with MAC, Woods, and Ogletree almost like gigantic clones of one another.

Ironshaft
08-03-2022, 08:27 AM
I feel like I keep hearing this about the guy from several observers. Sucks because Granson's skillset could be a unique element at TE with MAC, Woods, and Ogletree almost like gigantic clones of one another.
My guess is that MAC and Woods are locks for TE1 and TE2. Granson and Ogletree are fighting for TE3 on the 53 and then the other gets the practice squad spot.

Honestly, it does not matter to me which get what. That spot is pretty much a special teams spot with probably no more than 15-20 passes thrown their way during the regular season.

Oldcolt
08-03-2022, 01:01 PM
Grandson was supposed to be the guy that gave defenses huge matchup issues, a wide receiver at tight end. If his hands are questionable that won’t fly. I’m hoping both rookies make the team. I want dudes that can block at that position.

nate505
08-03-2022, 04:20 PM

Apparently he's a real hard worker. I hope he succeeds just based on that.

ChaosTheory
08-03-2022, 04:44 PM
Grandson was supposed to be the guy that gave defenses huge matchup issues, a wide receiver at tight end. If his hands are questionable that won’t fly. I’m hoping both rookies make the team. I want dudes that can block at that position.

Reporter mentioned Granson was looking a lot better than in the spring while asking Reich about him. Reich said he was looking good, for what it's worth.

He mentioned chuckling about how they put him at fullback and he busted one up the middle today.

omahacolt
08-03-2022, 05:45 PM
Why do you say that? Have you seen him play? I haven't so I am not sure what he can bring to the team. I believe he has potential, the Colt administration seems to agree. I really hope you are wrong about this but agree you are probably correct, I just hope Eberflus was the one who didn't know shit.

i am skeptical about banagu mainly because he hasn't even been able to kill it at special teams.

he should be a beast on teams.