PDA

View Full Version : cowboys vs colts thoughts

omahacolt
08-20-2017, 04:35 PM
i am going to rewatch that shit hopefully tomorrow and will add some thoughts after i do but my initial take is.

hankins looked like shit last night. anyone else notice that? hopefully just shaking off the rust but i was not impressed.

al woods looked bad as well.

our lines were just beat to shit in pretty much every regard. which i did not think would happen with our dline.

i still don't really think morrison will be much of a lber but i do admire the way that dude doesn't back down.

tj green is not a corner and might get cut.

marlon mack was just fantastic.

if clark isn't the guy at rt then ballard shit the bed there. if he doubted him he should have brought in some kind of legitimate competition.

wtf with playing AC the 1st half? and vontae was playing way longer than i wanted to see.

morris has been playing against 3rd stringers and isn't really going against exotic looks. that said, he was accurate, had some zip on some passes and looked comfortable. wtf is going on here?

cb mitchell is terrible

pagano is a shit coach. this team does not play hard for the guy. we get punched in the mouth every single game. there needs to be a major culture change in indy. this team is not tough and hasn't been for a long damn time.

YDFL Commish
08-20-2017, 04:42 PM
marlon mack was just fantastic.

cb mitchell is terrible Yes he is.

So he will average less than 5 touches per game during the regular season, because Pags will refuse to take carries away from Gore and Turbin.

I say just play Hairston a lot at CB 2 and see what we have.

HoosierinFL
08-20-2017, 05:37 PM
hankins looked like shit last night. anyone else notice that? hopefully just shaking off the rust but i was not impressed.

al woods looked bad as well.

our lines were just beat to shit in pretty much every regard. which i did not think would happen with our dline.

Yea, the only optimism I have here is that Dallas has the best offensive line in the NFL, so a lot of d-lines get manhandled against them.

pagano is a shit coach. this team does not play hard for the guy. we get punched in the mouth every single game. there needs to be a major culture change in indy. this team is not tough and hasn't been for a long damn time.

this is the real issue.

Hoopsdoc
08-20-2017, 07:19 PM
The issues with Pagano have been there since his very first year. It's just unreal he has survived as long as he has. I guess throwing everyone around him under the bus helps quite a bit.

Just so frustrating. This should be the first year for our new coach. Give him a year to implement his stuff and Ballard a year to build the roster and shoot for the playoffs next year. Instead, this will be a wasted year and Pags will finally be poopcanned on black Monday, if not before.

Just a bunch of bullshit.

Hoopsdoc
08-20-2017, 07:22 PM
Also, Morris not playing more and sooner is just par for the course with Pagano The Moron in charge. Same deal with McGill, IMO. Both guys playing in the 4th quarter when they should be primary backups.

Coltsalr
08-20-2017, 07:46 PM
Was Hankins playing out of position? As in DT, with Al Woods at NT?

His problem in NY last season was that he got bumped out of NT when Snacks Harrison came onboard.

That would be our coaching staff to keep him away from his best position. The kicker would be that unlike Snacks Harrison who's actually dominant, Al Woods sucks, so moving Hankins away from his strong suit is extra super really retarded.

omahacolt
08-20-2017, 09:06 PM

His problem in NY last season was that he got bumped out of NT when Snacks Harrison came onboard.

That would be our coaching staff to keep him away from his best position. The kicker would be that unlike Snacks Harrison who's actually dominant, Al Woods sucks, so moving Hankins away from his strong suit is extra super really retarded.

He was playing 3 tech every time I looked

Indiana V2
08-21-2017, 12:21 PM
So effing sad, but expected, that we're already hating on Pagano, and want him fired yesterday. Man, Irsay is such an idiot keeping Pags, and he is setting the franchise back even further by keeping Pags around.

njcoltfan
08-21-2017, 12:42 PM
So effing sad, but expected, that we're already hating on Pagano, and want him fired yesterday. Man, Irsay is such an idiot keeping Pags, and he is setting the franchise back even further by keeping Pags around.

And Irsay is wants "multiple " Super Bowl championships with Luck !!!!!! Good luck with that wet dream!!!

1965southpaw
08-21-2017, 01:25 PM
Definition of insanity.....doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. Let's face it until we have different leadership we are certain to see more stupid penalties, missed tackles, poor decision making on special teams, bad clock management, failure to game plan around the talent you have available (we just do what we do.....chop chop), slow in game adjustments, slow talent adjustments based on performance (TTich, Tolzein, etc, etc......). Just slow, uninspired, mediocrity at every level.....insanity.

That said, I firmly believe Ballard had no part in retaining Pagano and I firmly believe that even if Luck straps this coaching staff on his back like he did seasons 1-3 and hauls them to a playoff appearance that won't save Pagano. I heard him say in an interview on DD several months ago that how well he develops the young guys is how Pagano will be evaluated.

Until then, well......keep chopping wood. Insanity.

apballin
08-21-2017, 09:27 PM
Yeah that's right because Dungy's teams looked great in preseason

IndyNorm
08-21-2017, 09:35 PM

I had read that Woods was starting at NT with Hankins at DT early in camp and thought it was probably just trying it out while the other DL members got healthy. Sad to hear that they're actually sticking with this ricockulous idea. Damn I can't wait to get rid of these incompetent dumbasses.

Luck4Reich
08-21-2017, 10:00 PM

Damn your posts keep getting worse:rolleyes:

albany ed
08-22-2017, 06:41 AM
I'm really beginning to think that this is a rebuilding year. They kept Pagano so they can have the kind of record that will enable Ballard to have a strong draft. Luck will miss a large chunk of the season and we'll begin 2018, with a new coach, a healthy Andrew Luck, a top notch rookie RB, a solid set of DBs all adding to a serious team going deep in the playoffs.

Keep your expectations low for this year and it will be less painful.

HoosierinFL
08-22-2017, 08:01 AM

those teams had poor depth. the first team looked fine, but after getting yanked in the 1st quarter the backups would get killed.

HoosierinFL
08-22-2017, 08:03 AM
I'm really beginning to think that this is a rebuilding year. They kept Pagano so they can have the kind of record that will enable Ballard to have a strong draft. Luck will miss a large chunk of the season and we'll begin 2018, with a new coach, a healthy Andrew Luck, a top notch rookie RB, a solid set of DBs all adding to a serious team going deep in the playoffs.

my expectations are pretty low after watching these 2 preseason games. I had some hope before, but not now. I would say this is the least optimistic I've been about a season since the 2011 disaster.

DragonTails
08-22-2017, 12:15 PM

I've done that for the last 5 years. lol

It's been the same crap every year as nothing seems to change. Shitty drafts, worthless FA's, roster full of pussies, and terrible coaching.

GoBigBlue88
08-22-2017, 01:02 PM

Assuming Ballard really is as sharp as they say, it's about the only thing that makes sense from what we've seen so far (chiefly: making no effort whatsoever to have a capable QB2 in place).

Brylok
08-22-2017, 01:20 PM

Yep. It will be disappointing/frustrating to watch, but we should end up better for it. I can sit through a couple of rebuild years as long as it's done right.

rcubed
08-22-2017, 03:23 PM
Yep. It will be disappointing/frustrating to watch, but we should end up better for it. I can sit through a couple of rebuild years as long as it's done right.
isnt that what we said when grigson was hired?

hope this one is implemented better.

apballin
08-22-2017, 05:29 PM
those teams had poor depth. the first team looked fine, but after getting yanked in the 1st quarter the backups would get killed.

We are essentially playing with backups on offense because none of the 1st team guys are playing

Chromeburn
08-22-2017, 09:18 PM

I'm thinking it is too. Luck will miss time. We need another draft for the defense. We will have to see how the oline is. Be nice to have a healthy oline for a change.

omahacolt
08-22-2017, 09:58 PM
We are essentially playing with backups on offense because none of the 1st team guys are playing

And our defensive players (damn near every one) is a backup at best.

testcase448
08-23-2017, 10:10 PM

back ups for shit teams...at best

apballin
08-24-2017, 05:39 PM

Which is still an improvement over last years defense, who were guys that wouldn't even be backups or in the NFL

VeveJones007
08-25-2017, 12:13 PM

Yes, but you also need to check those expectations for 2018. A lot of key players on the roster will be 21-23 years old in 2018. They'll need multiple seasons to develop into something capable of winning a Super Bowl.

Pez
08-25-2017, 01:07 PM
Which is still an improvement over last years defense, who were guys that wouldn't even be backups or in the NFL

I cant remember who said it last year, but after the Texans game someone here remarked that there was not a single position on defense where the colts had better personnel. Maybe Vontae...