PDA

View Full Version : Colts S Khari Willis announces his retirement

JAFF
06-15-2022, 02:09 PM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/15/colts-s-khari-willis-announces-his-retirement/

NFL: DEC 18 Patriots at Colts
Getty Images
It looks like the Colts will have to change their plans in the secondary for the 2022 season.

Safety Khari Willis posted a message announcing his retirement to Instagram on Wednesday. Willis thanked the Colts and noted the “lifelong relationships” he made as a football player before saying that he will be devoting his life to religious pursuits.

Hoopsdoc
06-15-2022, 02:12 PM
Oh wow. I wonder if the Colts didn’t have some inkling that this might happen. The Mcleod and Watts signings make more sense now.

Also, Nick Cross, come on down!!!

JAFF
06-15-2022, 02:14 PM
From colts com

https://www.colts.com/news/khari-willis-safety-retirement-announcement-nick-cross-rodney-mcleod

Discflinger
06-15-2022, 02:50 PM
I know not many will agree, but I love it! I love that someone can turn down millions of dollars to further their relationship with the God of their choosing. What strength. What conviction. I know that I am merely looking from the outside, but taking everything at face value, I find it very beautiful. I don’t like that I watch the NFL, but if I rooted for any team not owned by Irsay, I would DEFINITELY feel like a piece of garbage.

ChaosTheory
06-15-2022, 03:51 PM
Well, fuck.

Oldcolt
06-15-2022, 04:10 PM
Good luck to him. I don't think he will be missed all that much as a player.

Dam8610
06-15-2022, 05:01 PM
Better to walk into the ministry as a starter than as a backup? No way he wasn't losing his starting role this year, not with how much capital the Colts invested in the safety position this offseason.

Lov2fish
06-15-2022, 05:02 PM
As a man of conviction I applaud him. I suspect his presence on the field will not be missed to awfully much. With recent acquisitions and the draft this team is as solid on defense as it has ever been (On paper anyway) including safety.

IndyNorm
06-15-2022, 07:34 PM
Bummer for the Colts, but good for him. At least he retired in the offseason and didn't wait until right before the season started to do it.

JAFF
06-15-2022, 09:56 PM
Bummer for the Colts, but good for him. At least he retired in the offseason and didn't wait until right before the season started to do it.

….. and he still has his health, hopefully some $$ in the bank. Better early than late

ChaosTheory
06-16-2022, 01:24 AM

True. Luck scars from '17 and '19 make you appreciate a little heads up. Still sucks to lose a solid football player that's only 26.

As for the football effect... I was most excited to see some of this three-safety stuff ultimately with Willis, Blackmon, and Cross. Blackmon looks like he'll be ready, so if Cross could pick things up quickly (Willis and Blackmon jumped right in), it looked like we might see that sooner than anticipated. There goes that.

apballin
06-16-2022, 07:37 PM
True. Luck scars from '17 and '19 make you appreciate a little heads up. Still sucks to lose a solid football player that's only 26.

As for the football effect... I was most excited to see some of this three-safety stuff ultimately with Willis, Blackmon, and Cross. Blackmon looks like he'll be ready, so if Cross could pick things up quickly (Willis and Blackmon jumped right in), it looked like we might see that sooner than anticipated. There goes that.

Bradley has had success with rookie/young safeties he said it’s an easy system for a safety to pick up

omahacolt
06-28-2022, 10:50 PM
good for him.

hope he is happy with life and does great things