PDA

View Full Version : 'Isn't there a game today?" thread

Racehorse
08-19-2017, 06:45 PM
Almost kickoff and no thread. Pagano really has to go!

Voosh
08-19-2017, 06:50 PM
George Bremer‏ @gmbremer 11m11 minutes ago

Not expecting Donte Moncrief, Chester Rogers or Malik Hooker to play tonight. #Colts

DragonTails
08-19-2017, 06:56 PM
Dallas -5.5. Lock it up.

Butter
08-19-2017, 07:31 PM
Dallas -5.5. Lock it up.

No one bets on preseason games do they? That would be some degenerate shit.

Colt Classic
08-19-2017, 07:35 PM
No one bets on preseason games do they? That would be some degenerate shit.

Easy money--I'd do it in this case.

I've seen enough of Tolzien for seven lifetimes.

Racehorse
08-19-2017, 07:35 PM
Glad to see Tolzien has made progress since last week.

Colt Classic
08-19-2017, 07:37 PM
Glad to see Tolzien has made progress since last week.

He's steady--you know what you're gonna get out of him...an offense in neutral.

Colt Classic
08-19-2017, 07:38 PM
Holy horse shit--a play!

Racehorse
08-19-2017, 07:39 PM
Holy horse shit--a play!

Yeah, I left the room to get a drink and missed it.

Colt Classic
08-19-2017, 07:40 PM
Yeah, I left the room to get a drink and missed it.

It's preseason, so no need to ask you to leave again. I'll just save that for a real game.

Racehorse
08-19-2017, 08:04 PM
Surely we'll see someone else at QB sometime tonight???

Brylok
08-19-2017, 08:05 PM
I assume Morris will start the 2nd half?

Racehorse
08-19-2017, 08:06 PM
Mack can play!

Coltsalr
08-19-2017, 08:14 PM
Yeah, I didn't see this thread. My bad, wow.

I'm still massively hungover from last night, I'll use that as my excuse, but wow,I'm an idiot.

Brylok
08-19-2017, 08:15 PM
Yeah, I didn't see this thread. My bad, wow.

I'm still massively hungover from last night, I'll use that as my excuse, but wow,I'm an idiot.

A mod should merge the threads.

Brylok
08-19-2017, 08:22 PM
Seen enough of Tolzien. Jeezus

Coltsalr
08-19-2017, 08:23 PM
@HolderStephen
Quincy Wilson has a knee injury and will not return for the #Colts.

Fuck, hope it's not serious.

HoosierinFL
08-19-2017, 08:25 PM
I just tuned in, watched that last possession. I watched the o-line exclusively. I like Vujnovich ok. Castonzo looks terrible.

Brylok
08-19-2017, 08:27 PM
@HolderStephen

Cursed with injuries since "deflate-gate". Some old witch in NE cursed us, swear to God.

njcoltfan
08-19-2017, 08:31 PM
I just tuned in, watched that last possession. I watched the o-line exclusively. I like Vujnovich ok. Castonzo looks terrible.

O-line looks 1000% better than the D-line tonite, that Cowboy O-line completely manhandled them !!!! I thought that was going to be a strength this year.

Coltsalr
08-19-2017, 08:45 PM
Awww, they killed our crappy backup punter.

Colt Classic
08-19-2017, 08:46 PM
Tough guy taking a run at the punter.

GoBigBlue88
08-19-2017, 08:47 PM
Honestly if the Colts lose the first few games because they can't score more than 10 points with Luck out, I'll blame Irsay, not Pagano. Pretty dumb to keep Tolzien as your QB2 when there are at least 2 better options out there right now.

Coltsalr
08-19-2017, 08:50 PM
The injury is not believed to be serious, according to a source.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/19/quincy-wilson-leaves-with-knee-injury/

Here's hoping.

Colt Classic
08-19-2017, 08:50 PM
Honestly if the Colts lose the first few games because they can't score more than 10 points with Luck out, I'll blame Irsay, not Pagano. Pretty dumb to keep Tolzien as your QB2 when there are at least 2 better options out there right now.

In his mind, he's still stinging from handing out $4 million to Kerry Collins. Plus, signing a name backup puts a damper on those who still think Luck is going to play in Week 1 or 2 AND singlehandedly win 11 or 12 games this year.

Brylok
08-19-2017, 08:57 PM

You're right but it's "when" not 'if". I'm not sure Tolzien will beat anybody.

Colt Classic
08-19-2017, 08:59 PM
Rob Morris is tall.

HoosierinFL
08-19-2017, 09:03 PM
Zach Banner got beat on that last play, but on Mack's long run, he mauled his man.

HoosierinFL
08-19-2017, 09:06 PM
Hard to tell because we're down to 3rd string cowboy defense, but I like Clark at LT

Hoopsdoc
08-19-2017, 09:25 PM
Hard to tell because we're down to 3rd string cowboy defense, but I like Clark at LT

Clark still needs to get stronger. He got manhandled quite a bit early against the Dallas first teamers. He competes though.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mack. That kid is like a mini Frank Gore in the way he hits the hole fast and hits it hard. I really like that.

I'd like to hear some of you guys thoughts on Green at corner. I thought he did ok.

Prescott and the Dallas 1st string flat out embarrassed us early. Geezus, that was tough to watch.

Racehorse
08-19-2017, 09:33 PM
Clark still needs to get stronger. He got manhandled quite a bit early against the Dallas first teamers. He competes though.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mack. That kid is like a mini Frank Gore in the way he hits the hole fast and hits it hard. I really like that.

I'd like to hear some of you guys thoughts on Green at corner. I thought he did ok.

Prescott and the Dallas 1st string flat out embarrassed us early. Geezus, that was tough to watch.
Agree on Clark. He didn't look as good against the first string.
Agree on Mack. He will split carries with Gore and Turbin.
Green looked bad on an early play, but was better later on.

Brylok
08-19-2017, 09:55 PM
1 for 12 on 3rd down. smh

DrSpaceman
08-19-2017, 10:07 PM
The last two games have proven what we and most of the league knows : this team sucks without Luck. He is the only thing that makes them contenders.

Has a coach ever been fired in the preseason? I nominate Pagano as the first

DrSpaceman
08-19-2017, 10:09 PM
@HolderStephen

Missed this....any update?

Hopefully its just being cautious.

He did make a nice play on 3rd down in the red zone

DrSpaceman
08-19-2017, 10:10 PM
The injury is not believed to be serious, according to a source.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/19/quincy-wilson-leaves-with-knee-injury/

Here's hoping.

Good to hear

DrSpaceman
08-19-2017, 10:17 PM
Mack did make some nice plays. Would like to see him with the first unit. Would not be surprised if he is getting the majority of snaps by the end of the season instead of Gore

Honestly have no idea why they even bothered putting Gore out there at all in the preseason, its pointless for a 34 year old RB.

The first team D was atrocious. First play, what happens? Missed tackle, again, just like last week. The run D was awful. Dez makes Vontae Davis look like crap on the TD. Really should have been two easy TDs for Dallas except for the fumble.

Green is no better at corner than at safety. Just cut him. 2nd round pick or not, he sucks.

Tolzien, my God, he is like Curtis Painter's slower, less accurate younger brother. How on earth is he even the back up? Even if Luck was not hurt, he should not be the back up. He just sucks, its not NFL talent.

Walker is inaccurate, but at least can avoid getting sacked with the bad OL.

Stephen Morris seems to be the best of the 3, though its faint praise and he is going against 3rd stringers.

Pagano can't even get these guys ready for a preseason game. Should have been fired long ago. If he even survives the season, Irsay is an idiot.

That was a great catch by whoever Fred Brown is at the end.

bertjones
08-19-2017, 10:35 PM
The score did not indicate how the game was played. Anyone who thinks
otherwise is either delusional or disingenuous. The defense was beaten more
often than an unwanted stepchild. No pressure, no tackling, consistently
getting knocked back, little coverage.
offensively, the line won very few battles and Tolzein looked pedestrian
at best. Mack was the only bright spot.
Here is where we are at. We have a lame duck coach. We have a Qb that
will be on shelf probably at least the first 2 games. The glue that held
together a suspect O line will be out until midseason. And we have a young
D with so many moving parts that it's going to be nearly impossible for it to
be successful early on.
There's a bad moon rising. I like what Ballard has done. But this is going to be
a difficult season I think.

Coltsalr
08-19-2017, 10:58 PM
@HolderStephen
I just got out the locker room. Lots going on. Here goes.... Quincy Wilson banged his knee. Swollen but not serious. He's limping a little.

Coltsalr
08-19-2017, 11:01 PM
@gmbremer
Pagano mincing few words about need for improvement. Says #Colts need more "grown men" in locker room.

We know, Chuck. That includes the coaching staff.

How Irsay can keep on a guy who so clearly has lost the locker room is beyond me.

apballin
08-19-2017, 11:12 PM
@gmbremer
Pagano mincing few words about need for improvement. Says #Colts need more "grown men" in locker room.

We know, Chuck. That includes the coaching staff.

How Irsay can keep on a guy who so clearly has lost the locker room is beyond me.

Dude its preseason. . . chill

Forrest Blue
08-19-2017, 11:15 PM
There's a whole lot of stink on this team.
No doom and gloom here, but I'm preparing for a terrible season.

They got owned on that first drive. They would have scored at will if this was the reg season. Tolzien?? Good luck with that.

DrSpaceman
08-19-2017, 11:15 PM
Oh and one thing on Jack Doyle. On the first series, he needs to get that first down on that 3rd down pass play. He can't just be the feel good local story anymore this year, not for over 6 million a year. you need to make that play and get the first down for that type of money.

The others, he didn't have much of a chance to do much, not his fault.

apballin
08-19-2017, 11:23 PM
Understand people, it's fucking preseason

this is exactly what they need, and we knew it was gonna take time for this D to come together. A lot of new guys vs A Dallas team that had the best record in the NFC

I'm not worried about the offense, Luck will be in there and the O will be fine. The guys on D just need reps and going against Tolzien in practice isn't helping

Indiana V2
08-20-2017, 08:57 AM
You can't convince me that there isn't a better option at backup QB than Scott Tolzien out there available somewhere.

Racehorse
08-20-2017, 09:04 AM
@gmbremer

So, he's already throwing Ballard under the bus.

njcoltfan
08-20-2017, 09:57 AM

This isn't breaking news, but it bares repeating, again, this team, at best, is mediocre to bad, and until ownership changes the Head Coach, that's all they will be.

Brylok
08-20-2017, 11:58 AM

He picked the wrong bus this time. Ballard will run him over.

YDFL Commish
08-20-2017, 12:20 PM

Well, he threw the players under the bus earlier in the week, by saying they didn't come to camp in shape.

So now it's Ballard's turn. I'm truly surprised that he didn't do it earlier by saying Ballard forced him to have more hitting in camp, as the cause for the injuries.

I'm done with Pagano. Nothing is ever his fault, his defensive system sucks and it looks like the slow starts to games are going to continue.

The only thing that saves his job is a Luck miracle season.

testcase448
08-20-2017, 01:51 PM
The last two games have proven what we and most of the league knows : this team sucks without Luck. He is the only thing that makes them contenders.

Has a coach ever been fired in the preseason? I nominate Pagano as the first

They suck WITH Luck, just a little less.

This season is going to be miserable, I hope the weather is good this fal/winterl so there are other things to do

Racehorse
08-20-2017, 02:08 PM

This season is going to be miserable, I hope the weather is good this fal/winterl so there are other things to do

Somehow I doubt we will be so lucky to have you miss the threads, though.

Hoopsdoc
08-20-2017, 02:33 PM

The way they got abused by the Dallas 1's was discouraging, that's for sure. Dallas would have scored 60 points in a real game.

Im still holding out hope that Dallas is really good and we weren't game planning but still, ouch.

Coltsalr
08-20-2017, 07:38 PM
@injuryexpert
Hearing a slow start from Colts means Pagano is out sooner than later. Team would love to make it through season obvs.

Let's hope he's right, he does certainly have contacts in Indianapolis.

Coltsalr
08-20-2017, 07:40 PM
The way they got abused by the Dallas 1's was discouraging, that's for sure. Dallas would have scored 60 points in a real game.

Im still holding out hope that Dallas is really good and we weren't game planning but still, ouch.

I'm thinking that if it were a real game it would go much the same way that the 2014 real matchup with Dallas went.

DrSpaceman
08-21-2017, 08:37 AM
@injuryexpert
Hearing a slow start from Colts means Pagano is out sooner than later. Team would love to make it through season obvs.

The sooner the better.

Like today, or tomorrow, or any time before the season starts preferably.

Voosh
08-21-2017, 10:37 AM
@injuryexpert

If he's on such thin ice they should've just shitcanned him in the offseason. Feels like another lost season.