PDA

View Full Version : Dorsett

Racehorse
08-19-2017, 05:25 PM
http://coltswire.usatoday.com/2017/08/19/indianapolis-colts-phillip-dorsett-available-in-trade/

Not sure why they didn't feature him last week if they wanted to trade him. Maybe they are putting it out there and plan to target him a bit tonight.

Chromeburn
08-19-2017, 05:44 PM
Whole thing just pisses me off.

omahacolt
08-19-2017, 05:44 PM
i don't really see this as a good idea unless he is just not coming along at all and is in major jeopardy of being cut.

i really hate giving up on a wr after 2 years. especially a guy that can take the top off a defense.

Brylok
08-19-2017, 08:14 PM
i don't really see this as a good idea unless he is just not coming along at all and is in major jeopardy of being cut.

i really hate giving up on a wr after 2 years. especially a guy that can take the top off a defense.

Not comparing the two, obviously, but Reggie Wayne wasn't very good until year 3 and beyond. I hated the draft pick but Hopefully Dorsett will get it together this year.

Coltsemc
08-19-2017, 11:01 PM
He gets more flack than he should, because nobody liked the draft pick. This could all be rumors but I don't like the idea. He made a couple catches tonight and was wide open for a td, if we had a competent qb in the game.

apballin
08-19-2017, 11:16 PM
WTF are they gonna get for him?

I hope Ballard isn't one of those let me get all grigson's guys out of here GM's

FatDT
08-20-2017, 12:09 AM
I'm unhappy with Dorsetts progress but if all they're going to get is a sixth or worse I'd rather just keep him for the occasional deep route.

IndyNorm
08-20-2017, 09:21 AM
Not comparing the two, obviously, but Reggie Wayne wasn't very good until year 3 and beyond. I hated the draft pick but Hopefully Dorsett will get it together this year.

While not at his super consistent, pro bowl level yet Reggie did make a pretty good jump his 2nd year going from 27 rec/345 yds/0 tds his rookie year to 49/716/4.

Dorsett on the other hand went from 18/225/1 to 33/528/2.

I do agree with everyone else that this doesn't make sense unless it looks like he's going to be cut, and in my armchair GM opinion we should keep him for at least another year to see if he starts putting it all together since he does all the physical tools to blow the top off a defense.

GoBigBlue88
08-20-2017, 09:30 AM
Probably just the team snakily sending a message to Dorsett.

I still maintain he can be a good role player somewhere. It isn't here. I've learned to accept what Chud's offense is, but it isn't the least bit innovative. Dorsett needs an innovative offense.

HoosierinFL
08-20-2017, 09:34 AM
Probably just the team snakily sending a message to Dorsett.

I still maintain he can be a good role player somewhere. It isn't here. I've learned to accept what Chud's offense is, but it isn't the least bit innovative. Dorsett needs an innovative offense.

Given how this teams looks now, I'd rather replace Chud than Dorsett. And the rest of the coaching staff while we're at it.

Coltsalr
08-20-2017, 10:46 AM
I'm unhappy with Dorsetts progress but if all they're going to get is a sixth or worse I'd rather just keep him for the occasional deep route.

I would agree with the caveat that if he's a prima donna douchebag in the locker room, then fine, cut him because he's obviously not worth the headache.

I don't think I've heard any inkling of that being the case, but I do know that's sometimes the rationale behind "surprise" cuts.

Brylok
08-20-2017, 11:56 AM
Given how this teams looks now, I'd rather replace Chud than Dorsett. And the rest of the coaching staff while we're at it.
That might be the best thing to come from this season to be honest.

bertjones
08-20-2017, 06:25 PM
I'd like to see what next years OC can do with him before cutting the
strings.

smitty46953
08-20-2017, 06:52 PM
If we can get 3 bags of ice and a tub of icy hot for him, I would consider it ... :cool:

YDFL Commish
08-20-2017, 06:56 PM
While not at his super consistent, pro bowl level yet Reggie did make a pretty good jump his 2nd year going from 27 rec/345 yds/0 tds his rookie year to 49/716/4.

Dorsett on the other hand went from 18/225/1 to 33/528/2.

I do agree with everyone else that this doesn't make sense unless it looks like he's going to be cut, and in my armchair GM opinion we should keep him for at least another year to see if he starts putting it all together since he does all the physical tools to blow the top off a defense.

Reggie had two other things working against him in 2001 and 2002.

He had a foot injury that held him back his rookie season
The Colts brass brought in Quadry Ismail who started ahead of Reggie for most of 2002

omahacolt
08-20-2017, 07:22 PM
Reggie had two other things working against him in 2001 and 2002.

He had a foot injury that held him back his rookie season
The Colts brass brought in Quadry Ismail who started ahead of Reggie for most of 2002

Dorsett has had injuries and has had moncrief and hilton in front

YDFL Commish
08-21-2017, 06:49 AM
Dorsett has had injuries and has had moncrief and hilton in front

Good point. But Reggie went out and won the starting position from Ismail. In fact he should have been starting ahead of Ismail to begin the season.

Who has Dorsett beat out for a job?

DragonTails
08-21-2017, 11:53 AM
Who has Dorsett beat out for a job?

True, but when has Dorsett ever been the focal point of a game plan or game plans? Why the fk did we draft him? Oh, that's right - a complete disconnect between owner, GM, and coach. lol