PDA

View Full Version : Colts 2022 UDFA signings

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
04-30-2022, 05:53 PM
Post any Undrafted Free Agent signings in this thread.

IndyNorm
04-30-2022, 07:03 PM
2 guys who it looks like are going to go undrafted who I would like to see us bring in as UDFAs are Carson Strong and Dicker the Kicker.

I was hoping we'd take Strong in the draft at some point, and unless there is something lingering with his knee I think he'd be a better backup than Ehlinger.

Also, we need an upgrade at kicker and Dicker seems like a good candidate there.

Oldcolt
04-30-2022, 07:18 PM
All in for Dicker the kicker

Dam8610
04-30-2022, 07:20 PM
https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2022/04/30/nfl-draft-indianapolis-colts-tracker-undrafted-free-agent-2022/

Butter
04-30-2022, 07:20 PM

It is an even better funner name than Rain Man.

Butter
04-30-2022, 07:22 PM
Stampede Blue has one going also.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2022/4/30/23051171/colts-rookie-udfa-tracker-following-the-2022-nfl-draft

IndyNorm
04-30-2022, 07:37 PM

That's the other thing is that we can keep the Dicker the Kicker joke going.

Spike
04-30-2022, 07:49 PM
Thanks Butter, found this interesting.

RAS scores for a few of these UDFA's

Nacua WR with 9.75
Flowers CB with 9.54
Van Demark OT 9.44
Wick DE 9.5

Pretty impressive, we'll see how it plays out on the field.

smitty46953
04-30-2022, 07:51 PM
Former UConn OT Ryan Van Demark is signing with the #Colts on a deal that includes $175,000 fully guaranteed, per his agents
@NessMugrabi and @davidcanter

Colts must believe this guy will make squad :cool:

Dam8610
04-30-2022, 07:56 PM
Really like the Verdell and Borghi signings. Versatile backs that offer receiving talent. I'd be surprised if at least one of them doesn't make the roster.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
04-30-2022, 08:16 PM
2 guys who it looks like are going to go undrafted who I would like to see us bring in as UDFAs are Carson Strong and Dicker the Kicker.

I was hoping we'd take Strong in the draft at some point, and unless there is something lingering with his knee I think he'd be a better backup than Ehlinger.

Also, we need an upgrade at kicker and Dicker seems like a good candidate there.

Carson Strong ended up signing with the Eagles.

Racehorse
04-30-2022, 08:18 PM

Not another Carson!!!
-Signed, every eagles fan everywhere.

Oldcolt
04-30-2022, 08:31 PM
Jack Coan will beat out Ehlinger as back up. Same mental toughness in a bigger package with at least an adequate arm if I am to believe what I read.

IndyNorm
04-30-2022, 08:36 PM

Bummer.

IndyNorm
04-30-2022, 08:36 PM
Former UConn OT Ryan Van Demark is signing with the #Colts on a deal that includes $175,000 fully guaranteed, per his agents
@NessMugrabi and @davidcanter

Colts must believe this guy will make squad :cool:

Yeah, I thought the same.

Oldcolt
04-30-2022, 08:46 PM
Dicker the Kicker is a Ram. I already miss him.

IndyNorm
04-30-2022, 08:48 PM
Dicker the Kicker is a Ram. I already miss him.

Well that sucks :mad::mad::mad:

YDFL Commish
04-30-2022, 08:54 PM
The RB from FIU intrigues me.

ChoppedWood
04-30-2022, 09:21 PM
Jack Coan will beat out Ehlinger as back up. Same mental toughness in a bigger package with at least an adequate arm if I am to believe what I read.

Coan has zero arm, one of the worst arms I've ever seen. Mid season he tried to throw a hail mary from about the 45- had a full pocket to step into it, and it landed at about the 5.

YDFL Commish
04-30-2022, 09:29 PM
Coan has zero arm, one of the worst arms I've ever seen. Mid season he tried to throw a hail mary from about the 45- had a full pocket to step into it, and it landed at about the 5.

Sounds like Phillip Rivers at the end of the Buffalo playoff game.

Oldcolt
04-30-2022, 10:15 PM

I am hoping you are incorrect about that. Everything I have read says his arm is adequate to make all the throws. His big drawback is his lack of athleticism. I doubt that his arm is weaker than Ehlinger's in any event.

Dewey 5
04-30-2022, 10:35 PM

Coan won't make the 53. Practice squad maybe

Kray007
04-30-2022, 10:49 PM
Signed JoJo Domann. Going in, he was projected to go in the 3rd round.

njcoltfan
05-01-2022, 07:20 AM
I am hoping you are incorrect about that. Everything I have read says his arm is adequate to make all the throws. His big drawback is his lack of athleticism. I doubt that his arm is weaker than Ehlinger's in any event.

The Colts are fucked if anything happens to Ryan !!

Ironshaft
05-01-2022, 08:12 AM
Says most of the 32 NFL teams of their starting QB.

JAFF
05-01-2022, 08:13 AM

We should be used to that by now. Nick Foles is set to be released, is that karma or just wishful thinking

YDFL Commish
05-01-2022, 08:24 AM

I like that pickup as well. I can see him competing with Glasgow for the final LB spot.

IndyNorm
05-01-2022, 09:36 AM
Here's the answer on Carson Strong.

In a lackluster quarterback class where just one quarterback went in the first 73 picks, Strong went undrafted due to a history of knee issues. Strong battles osteochondritis dissecans, which is a knee condition involving issues with the cartilage. He underwent multiple surgeries, including one prior to the 2021 season. Strong had an arthroscopic procedure to clear scar tissue and had the knee drained several times since, so his knee would have to undergo maintenance.

Out of the backup QBs on the current roster James Morgan definitely has the best physical traits. Hopefully he's been taking well to our coaching. I'd like to see him replace Ehlinger.

Oldcolt
05-01-2022, 10:39 AM
We should be used to that by now. Nick Foles is set to be released, is that karma or just wishful thinking

Foles isn't going to get a starting job. He isn't good enough. He is a great backup however and I see no reason at all that he wouldn't want to join the Colts and Reich. If the price is right go get the man.

omahacolt
05-01-2022, 12:11 PM

he won't make the team

smitty46953
05-01-2022, 01:46 PM
Priority Rookie UDFA Signings
Max Borghi, RB Washington State
Jack Coan, QB Notre Dame
Kekoa Crawford, WR Cal
Trevor Denbow, S SMU
JoJo Domann, OLB Nebraska
Dallis Flowers, CB Pittsburg State
Alex Mollette, OL Marshall
Samson Nacua, WR BYU
Scott Patchan, DE Colorado State
Caeveon Patton, DT Texas State
D’vonte Price, RB Florida International
Forrest Rhyne, LB Villanova
Josh Seltzner, OL Wisconsin
Ryan Van Demnark, OT UConn
C.J. Verdell, RB Oregon State
Sterling Weatherford, S Miami (OH)
Cullen Wick, DE Tulsa
McKinley ‘Bear’ Williams, DL Syracuse
Michael Young Jr., WR Cincinnati

Tryouts for Rookie Minicamp
Jackson Anthrop, WR Purdue
Caleb Carter, LB Southern
Isaiah Chambers, Edge McNeese State
Cedrick Cunningham Jr., DB Army
Evan Holm, CB North Dakota
MJ Dumas, OL Villanova
Grant Dixon, LB Youngstown State
Beau Morris, OL SMU
Lucky Oyovwi, Edge Charleston
Race Porter, P Washington
Seth Small, PK Texas A&M
Tim Wilson Jr., WR Southeastern Louisiana

YDFL Commish
05-01-2022, 02:16 PM
he won't make the team

You seriously don't think that he has a chance to beat out Glasgow for a special teams role?

Oldcolt
05-01-2022, 08:47 PM
They gave Coan 55K to sign. They must like him a little bit anyway.

ChoppedWood
05-01-2022, 11:18 PM
They gave Coan 55K to sign. They must like him a little bit anyway.

Love ND, follow them with ridiculous zeal. As long as I have been a fan, Coan is the only player I can point to that I can say his being the quarterback made me dislike the team. If he is on the team after cuts, even the practice squad, that will just further push me away from Ballard. The guy has no business being on an NFL roster. You want to talk about a guy who holds the ball too long- he makes Carson's release seem like that of Peyton. If his WR doesn't have a 5 yard cushion, he isn't throwing that way and yes he is a statue. Put him on last year's Colts pass blocking team and he would get sacked 40 times.

Apparently very smart, so add him to the staff, but do not put him in a uniform, it's a bad look.

omahacolt
05-02-2022, 05:52 PM
You seriously don't think that he has a chance to beat out Glasgow for a special teams role?

there is a chance. i just don't think he will

YDFL Commish
05-02-2022, 06:12 PM
Priority Rookie UDFA Signings
Max Borghi, RB Washington State
Jack Coan, QB Notre Dame
Kekoa Crawford, WR Cal
Trevor Denbow, S SMU
JoJo Domann, OLB Nebraska
Dallis Flowers, CB Pittsburg State
Alex Mollette, OL Marshall
Samson Nacua, WR BYU
Scott Patchan, DE Colorado State
Caeveon Patton, DT Texas State
D’vonte Price, RB Florida International
Forrest Rhyne, LB Villanova
Josh Seltzner, OL Wisconsin
Ryan Van Demnark, OT UConn
C.J. Verdell, RB Oregon State
Sterling Weatherford, S Miami (OH)
Cullen Wick, DE Tulsa
McKinley ‘Bear’ Williams, DL Syracuse
Michael Young Jr., WR Cincinnati

Tryouts for Rookie Minicamp
Jackson Anthrop, WR Purdue
Caleb Carter, LB Southern
Isaiah Chambers, Edge McNeese State
Cedrick Cunningham Jr., DB Army
Evan Holm, CB North Dakota
MJ Dumas, OL Villanova
Grant Dixon, LB Youngstown State
Beau Morris, OL SMU
Lucky Oyovwi, Edge Charleston
Race Porter, P Washington
Seth Small, PK Texas A&M
Tim Wilson Jr., WR Southeastern Louisiana

That is a haul, quantity wise. Ballard is looking under every stone.

Racehorse
05-02-2022, 08:02 PM
That is a haul, quantity wise. Ballard is looking under every stone.

According to overthecap.com, we have only 72 players under contract, which includes those drafted. We need 18 more for the 90 man roster. Makes sense to sign quite a few UDFAs.

Oldcolt
05-07-2022, 09:30 AM
Nice breakdown on Van Demark. Who knows in a couple of years?

https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/film/udfa-profile-ryan-van-demark

Racehorse
05-07-2022, 11:08 AM
Nice breakdown on Van Demark. Who knows in a couple of years?

https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/film/udfa-profile-ryan-van-demark

From those clips, it is obvious that QB he was blocking for is garbage.

Spike
05-07-2022, 04:23 PM
Love ND, follow them with ridiculous zeal. As long as I have been a fan, Coan is the only player I can point to that I can say his being the quarterback made me dislike the team. If he is on the team after cuts, even the practice squad, that will just further push me away from Ballard. The guy has no business being on an NFL roster. You want to talk about a guy who holds the ball too long- he makes Carson's release seem like that of Peyton. If his WR doesn't have a 5 yard cushion, he isn't throwing that way and yes he is a statue. Put him on last year's Colts pass blocking team and he would get sacked 40 times.

Apparently very smart, so add him to the staff, but do not put him in a uniform, it's a bad look.

100% agree. I don't understand that shit at all.

Oldcolt
05-17-2022, 01:32 PM
Couple of articles from IndyStar on undrafted free agents; Verdell and everyone's favorite Coan.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2022/05/16/colts-c-j-verdell-running-back-ready-go-after-remarkable-recovery/9781629002/

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2022/05/17/colts-qb-jack-coan-lacrosse-wisconsin-notre-dame/9779345002/

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
08-30-2022, 08:16 PM
A new streak begins....

https://twitter.com/gmbremer/status/1564708064875450368

A year after no UDFA made the initial 53, there are four this year: S Trevor Denbow, LB JoJo Domann, CB Dallis Flowers and OL Wesley French.

https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/1564708991418212352

Four is a lot. Before the streak ended last season, Colts' run of having at least one undrafted rookie on the Week 1 roster was at 22 years — longest in the league.