PDA

View Full Version : 2022 NFL Draft thread - Day 2 discussion - Rounds 2 and 3

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
04-28-2022, 11:45 PM
Round 2 starts at 7 Eastern / 6 Central.

TV: ABC, ESPN, NFL Network

Announcers:

ABC: Rece Davis, Sam Ponder, Jesse Palmer, Robert Griffin III, Pete Thamel

ESPN: Mike Greenberg, Mel Kiper Jr., Louis Riddick, Booger McFarland, Chris Mortensen, Todd McShay, Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard, Suzy Kolber, Laura Rutledge, David Pollack

NFL Network: Rich Eisen, Daniel Jeremiah, Charles Davis, David Shaw, Joel Klatt, Ian Rapoport, Melissa Stark, Chris Rose, Peter Schrager

Online streaming: ESPN.com, NFL.com, ESPN, ABC, NFL mobile apps

Radio: Westwood One

Hoopsdoc
04-29-2022, 07:42 AM
Will they take a quarterback? I think there’s at least a chance.

Puck
04-29-2022, 08:03 AM
Will they take a quarterback? I think there’s at least a chance.

I hope not

Ironshaft
04-29-2022, 08:42 AM
Where I am sitting right now, my priority order:

OT Bernhard Raimann, Central Michigan
WR Christian Watts, North Dakota State
WR George Pickens, Georgia
TE Jelani Woods, Virginia
WR Alec Pierce, Cincinnati

Protecting Matt Ryan still needs to be priority #1 with a close priority #1A being opening holes for Jonathan Taylor.

While I am provisionally okay with starting Pryor at LT, the need for a swing tackle and/or someone to push Pryor to being his best is huge.

The Colts obviously did not believe Pryor was the lock-down, no question successor at LT or they would have given him a longer contract. He might develop into that but he is not that now.

Ryan is the type of guy who can manufacture plays with lesser talent at WR and TE.

Grabbing OT in the 2nd if the Colts believe Raimann can be that 10 year starter and then going WR and TE in the 3rd and 4th rounds can work well with Matty Ice.

ukcolt
04-29-2022, 09:41 AM
Ryan had Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley.....they were both elite receivers he was throwing to. I really like Ryan, but he had talent at receiver helping him out.

YDFL Commish
04-29-2022, 09:45 AM

Protecting Matt Ryan still needs to be priority #1 with a close priority #1A being opening holes for Jonathan Taylor.

While I am provisionally okay with starting Pryor at LT, the need for a swing tackle and/or someone to push Pryor to being his best is huge.

The Colts obviously did not believe Pryor was the lock-down, no question successor at LT or they would have given him a longer contract. He might develop into that but he is not that now.

Ryan is the type of guy who can manufacture plays with lesser talent at WR and TE.

Grabbing OT in the 2nd if the Colts believe Raimann can be that 10 year starter and then going WR and TE in the 3rd and 4th rounds can work well with Matty Ice.

Pickens is probably off of our board for three reasons.

Knee injury
On field character
Completely failing his interviews

The rest I would be more than happy with, but Woods is probably a better bet for the 4th round.

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 09:54 AM
David Ojabo is a Michigan pass rusher with an Achilles tear. In other words, he's Paye and Dayo rolled into one. He has to be the pick!

In all seriousness though, hoping for Raimann, an Edge they like (preferably not Ojabo), or a trade down at 42, though trade downs seem to be getting bad value this year. Drafting a WR high doesn't make a lot of sense, and with how trades have gone this year, 122 should've been enough to go from 42 to 32 to pick up the 5th year option if they liked a QB as a franchise guy, so I doubt they're high on Willis (don't blame them) or Corral.

If they come out of Day 2 with an Edge and an OT, that's a win. If that's accomplished while also trading down and picking up more picks, even better. IMO there's more value on Day 3 at WR and TE than there is at Edge and OT.

apballin
04-29-2022, 10:07 AM
Trey McBride if he’s there if not Boye Mafe

IndyNorm
04-29-2022, 10:33 AM
Pickens is probably off of our board for three reasons.

Knee injury
On field character
Completely failing his interviews

The rest I would be more than happy with, but Woods is probably a better bet for the 4th round.

You beat me to it. Don't see us taking Pickens with all of the red flags.

I'm hoping for Watson but think there's a good chance he's gone by the time we draft :cool:

Oldcolt
04-29-2022, 10:35 AM
Best player available. I trust Ballard. I agree our greatest need is offensive line but I am thinking of this team as a defensive powerhouse. I would love Ojabo to be our pick. Instead of trying to out offense all of these great QBs lets just kick their ass with a defense that never lets up. I am not much of a scout on these people so I am not saying that he is the best player, if Ballard drafts him I will believe that however.

IndyNorm
04-29-2022, 10:42 AM
David Ojabo is a Michigan pass rusher with an Achilles tear. In other words, he's Paye and Dayo rolled into one. He has to be the pick!

In all seriousness though, hoping for Raimann, an Edge they like (preferably not Ojabo), or a trade down at 42, though trade downs seem to be getting bad value this year. Drafting a WR high doesn't make a lot of sense, and with how trades have gone this year, 122 should've been enough to go from 42 to 32 to pick up the 5th year option if they liked a QB as a franchise guy, so I doubt they're high on Willis (don't blame them) or Corral.

If they come out of Day 2 with an Edge and an OT, that's a win. If that's accomplished while also trading down and picking up more picks, even better. IMO there's more value on Day 3 at WR and TE than there is at Edge and OT.

Don't be too surprised if we take Ojabo if he's there. Ballard has shown that injuries don't seem to concern him much when drafting, and he definitely prioritizes long term over short term when drafting (which in the long run is probably a good thing).

I don't know much about Raimann, but I kind of get a Bjorn Werner feeling from him. As good as Ballard is at drafting linemen though if we do pick him then it's probably a good sign.

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 10:47 AM
Best player available. I trust Ballard. I agree our greatest need is offensive line but I am thinking of this team as a defensive powerhouse. I would love Ojabo to be our pick. Instead of trying to out offense all of these great QBs lets just kick their ass with a defense that never lets up. I am not much of a scout on these people so I am not saying that he is the best player, if Ballard drafts him I will believe that however.

I would question an Ojabo pick because an Achilles rupture puts his speed and explosiveness, two of his best assets, into question. Before the injury, Ojabo may well have been a top 15 pick, but there's a reason the injury is causing a slide.

YDFL Commish
04-29-2022, 10:49 AM

Yeah, I may not be on board with the pick right now, but like you said, if Ballard drafts him at 42, then I will not second guess him.

Oldcolt
04-29-2022, 11:47 AM
I would question an Ojabo pick because an Achilles rupture puts his speed and explosiveness, two of his best assets, into question. Before the injury, Ojabo may well have been a top 15 pick, but there's a reason the injury is causing a slide.

I hear you but I am not sure that the Colts see it that way. They seem to think that with new techniques and rehab the explosiveness will return by year two (if the player makes some goals in his rehab-goals that should already be known). Still a long shot. So many receivers that are highly rated still available.

nate505
04-29-2022, 11:59 AM
I'm on the McBride bandwagon. Yeah, I know there's lots of other needs and I probably won't be upset with whoever the Colts draft, but TE is definitely one of them. Ryan will be far more lethal with a good one, and McBride is also a good blocker that will help with the run game.

rcubed
04-29-2022, 12:37 PM
I hear you but I am not sure that the Colts see it that way. They seem to think that with new techniques and rehab the explosiveness will return by year two (if the player makes some goals in his rehab-goals that should already be known). Still a long shot. So many receivers that are highly rated still available.

but with paye, dayo, ngkaoue, buckner already here.... I would prefer someone that can possibly put us in contention this or next year. I like what has transpired this offseason and with ryan being towards end of his career, these next two years might be worth really taking a shot. but what the hell do I know?

IndyNorm
04-29-2022, 01:26 PM
but with paye, dayo, ngkaoue, buckner already here.... I would prefer someone that can possibly put us in contention this or next year. I like what has transpired this offseason and with ryan being towards end of his career, these next two years might be worth really taking a shot. but what the hell do I know?

Most of us agree with you, but we all know that Ballard doesn't operate that way. For better or worse he will take who he has rated as the highest long term impact mostly regardless of position and short term impact. If it works out that the player is ready to play at a need position then great, if not then so be it. So if he has Ojabo rated higher than any of the WRs/TEs/OTs left on the board then he'll probably take Ojabo.

rcubed
04-29-2022, 01:42 PM
Most of us agree with you, but we all know that Ballard doesn't operate that way. For better or worse he will take who he has rated as the highest long term impact mostly regardless of position and short term impact. If it works out that the player is ready to play at a need position then great, if not then so be it. So if he has Ojabo rated higher than any of the WRs/TEs/OTs left on the board then he'll probably take Ojabo.
yeah I know. from what I read about him I wouldnt hate the pick and we could end up with a killer D in next couple years. I appreciate ballards approach to build and keep the future in mind, but there comes a time when you need to just go for it, maybe the 'go for it' is next year...

Chromeburn
04-29-2022, 02:08 PM

Pickens has some negatives attached to his personality. Supposedly been enabled a lot and his personality reflects it. I doubt they pick him. Not with guys just as good and better personalities.

Chromeburn
04-29-2022, 02:14 PM

Achilles and knee repair have come a long way in the last 20 years. A good surgery and diagnosis would likely ease those concerns. Still I doubt they take him, just won’t put it past Ballard if he is there.

omahacolt
04-29-2022, 03:57 PM

defensive end. that is the position on the colts. not edge.

i would be happy with a de and ot. but really want a wr with 42 if a guy is there.

Hoopsdoc
04-29-2022, 04:20 PM
I predict roughly half the fans will call him a genius and half will call for him to be fired no matter who he picks.

IndyNorm
04-29-2022, 05:01 PM
yeah I know. from what I read about him I wouldnt hate the pick and we could end up with a killer D in next couple years. I appreciate ballards approach to build and keep the future in mind, but there comes a time when you need to just go for it, maybe the 'go for it' is next year...

Yeah, I agree. Drafting BPA instead of need is definitely the way to go rebuilding. With the current circumstances of having a 37 year old QB, filling immediate needs is hopefully a higher factor. At least if the 2 prospects are really close in evaluation.

Puck
04-29-2022, 05:11 PM
Hopefully you all are watching the Pat McAfee show for the draft. He has the picks done without all the bullshit way ahead of everyone else. Sometimes a whole pick ahead.

Racehorse
04-29-2022, 06:01 PM
Hopefully you all are watching the Pat McAfee show for the draft. He has the picks done without all the bullshit way ahead of everyone else. Sometimes a whole pick ahead.

Is he doing Day 2? If so, is there a link?

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 06:11 PM
Is he doing Day 2? If so, is there a link?

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePatMcAfeeShow

:cool:

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 06:16 PM

I watch the Bootleg Football Podcast coverage for the analysis, and it has to be that because they're usually a pick behind.

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 06:18 PM
defensive end. that is the position on the colts. not edge.

i would be happy with a de and ot. but really want a wr with 42 if a guy is there.

It's easier to say edge defender when talking about 34 OLBs/43 DEs who primarily rush the passer.

Spike
04-29-2022, 06:53 PM

Yep, been watching Pat. You are correct "without all the bullshit"!

IndyNorm
04-29-2022, 07:02 PM
So are we playing the draft game Puck suggested awhile back? Think the rule was to put in your top 3 before the pick 2 ahead of us is in?

Chromeburn
04-29-2022, 07:18 PM
Pack trading up for Skyy Moore I bet

Spike
04-29-2022, 07:19 PM
Watson to the Pack, another WR goes down.

IndyNorm
04-29-2022, 07:20 PM
Yeah, Fuck. There goes Watson :mad::mad::mad:

Spike
04-29-2022, 07:24 PM
Tits select McCreary CB.

Racehorse
04-29-2022, 07:25 PM
Tits select McCreary CB.

Hope he busts like all the others they draft.

ChaosTheory
04-29-2022, 07:27 PM
Hope he busts like all the others they draft.

Hope. I liked him, though. Good pick.

ChaosTheory
04-29-2022, 07:32 PM
Jets with four picks in the top 36. Best CB, best WR, best RB, top 4 Edge?

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 07:38 PM
Jets with four picks in the top 36. Best CB, best WR, best RB, top 4 Edge?

Great draft for Jets :eek:

YDFL Commish
04-29-2022, 07:42 PM
I don't think that Seahags take a WR. Looks like we can get Skyy.

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 07:47 PM
I want Skye or Raimann :cool:

Oldcolt
04-29-2022, 07:48 PM
We go defense

Spike
04-29-2022, 07:51 PM
Colts eating the clock, possible trade down?

YDFL Commish
For the 20th consecutive season, they cut to commercial for Colts pick.

Racehorse
Of course, a commercial break

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 07:52 PM
Traded to Vikings :eek:

Spike
04-29-2022, 07:52 PM
Vikes take our pick.

YDFL Commish
04-29-2022, 07:53 PM
Son of a bitch!

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 07:53 PM
Trade down! What did Ballard get?

Spike
04-29-2022, 07:54 PM

53rd, 77th, 192nd.

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 07:55 PM
Colts get 53, 77, 192
for 42,122

YDFL Commish

A 3rd and a 5th to swap 2nds and Bikes get our 4th.

Voosh
https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/1520189691924041728

Colts move back 11 spots.
Add a third rounder + sixth.
Give up a fourth.

Now picking at 53, 73 and 77 tonight.

rcubed
04-29-2022, 07:56 PM
Son of a bitch!

Just couldn’t help himself.

Chromeburn
Ballard wanted more picks in the top 150 or the guy they wanted was taken.

smitty46953
Is it 122 or 144?

122 if what I see is correct

https://twitter.com/Colts/status/1520189415074803713

CletusPyle
Well, whoever Ballard said he draft at 42 if he was there, wasn't there!:eek:

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 07:57 PM
A 3rd and a 5th to swap 2nds and Bikes get our 4th.

In this draft, that's a huge get.

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 07:58 PM
If they drop to 53 and get Raimann anyway, that's a huge win.

IndyNorm
04-29-2022, 07:59 PM
In this draft, that's a huge get.

How do you figure that? We got screwed.

So much for getting a WR that will help this year (sigh).

Butter
04-29-2022, 08:00 PM

How do you figure that?

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 08:01 PM

The Vikings moved from 12 to 32 AND gave up 46 for 34 and 66. Picking up 77 for dropping 10 spots in Round 2 is way better, even if there's also 122 to 192.

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 08:03 PM
The Texans are taking Alabama WR John Metchie at 44.

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 08:03 PM
Look at what the Browns got for 44 and then tell me Ballard got screwed.

Thorgrim
04-29-2022, 08:05 PM
As long as we get Moore or Raimann I'm ok

IndyNorm
04-29-2022, 08:07 PM
How do you figure that?

Dropped 10 spots in the 2nd and gave up our 4th rounder for a 3rd and 6th (throw away pick). Compare that to what NYG's got for trading down only 2 and 5 spots respectively (picked up a 4th with both), and we got screwed.

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 08:09 PM
Thank you for biting the bullet Ravens.

Dam8610
Dropped 10 spots in the 2nd and gave up our 4th rounder for a 3rd and 6th (throw away pick). Compare that to what NYG's got for trading down only 2 and 5 spots respectively (picked up a 4th with both), and we got screwed.

Compare to what the Browns got at 44.

smitty46953
Look at what the Browns got for 44 and then tell me Ballard got screwed.

Browns get 68, 108, 124 for 44 :cool:

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 08:11 PM
Ojabo to Ravens :cool:

IndyNorm
04-29-2022, 08:12 PM
Compare to what the Browns got at 44.

Just b/c the Browns are stupid doesn't mean we got a good deal.

Butter
04-29-2022, 08:12 PM

Seems like a lot of an overreaction.

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 08:13 PM
Lions select DT Josh Paschal No. 46 overall in 2022 draft :cool:

HoosierinFL
04-29-2022, 08:15 PM
Ballard wanted more picks in the top 150 or the guy they wanted was taken.

I suspect both but mostly I think they got sniped

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 08:16 PM
The Commanders are taking Alabama DL Phidarian Mathis, :cool:

Hoopsdoc
04-29-2022, 08:16 PM
Looks like a lot of Ballards guys are still available if he’s comfortable trading down.

I feel like we’re all gonna be surprised at who he picks.

Chromeburn
04-29-2022, 08:19 PM
Browns get 68, 108, 124 for 44 :cool:

Would Houston make that trade with us?

Chromeburn
04-29-2022, 08:20 PM
I suspect both but mostly I think they got sniped

Who do you think they liked? Gordon maybe? Eberflus knowing we liked him. Similar schemes.

YDFL Commish
KC could take Sky Moore.

smitty46953
Probably not

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 08:21 PM
Chicago Bears drafted Penn State safety Jaquan Brisker :cool:

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 08:26 PM
Colts picks after trade with Vikings:
Nos. 53, 73, 77, 159, 179, 192, 216, 239

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 08:27 PM
Saints are taking Tennessee CB Alontae Taylor. :cool:

IndyNorm
04-29-2022, 08:28 PM
Seems like a lot of an overreaction.

Maybe getting screwed is a bit much, but seems like us giving up our 4th along w/ dropping 11 spots was too much for a mid 3rd rounder. Oh well, hope it pays off.

IndyNorm
04-29-2022, 08:29 PM
KC could take Sky Moore.

They probably will :cool:

Chromeburn
04-29-2022, 08:30 PM
Colts gained a 5th rounders worth with trade

https://twitter.com/sethwalder/status/1520190159819624450?s=21&t=y6z-N51IgeQZ-AQpjWKRcg

YDFL Commish
04-29-2022, 08:31 PM
Saints get KC pick, now Pats are at 50.

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 08:31 PM
The #Chiefs have traded pick No. 50 to the #Patriots. :cool:

The Patriots sent the 54th and 158th picks to the Chiefs for the 50th pick.

Patriots are selecting WR Tyquan Thornton

nate505
04-29-2022, 08:33 PM

I don't think so. They basically traded a 4th for a 3rd, and moved back just 11 spots to do it. Not to even mention the 6.

Unless I'm missing something. I think on the draft chart they won trade, for whatever that chart is worth.

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 08:33 PM
Eagles on the clock. #Colts in the hole. :cool:

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 08:34 PM
Raimann or Skye I hope :cool:

Chromeburn
04-29-2022, 08:36 PM
What a Patriots dweeb there

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 08:36 PM
Philadelphia Eagles drafted Nebraska center Cam Jurgens :cool:

YDFL Commish
04-29-2022, 08:37 PM
Pats just took a Phillip Dorsett clone! What a joke!

Chromeburn
04-29-2022, 08:38 PM
The #Chiefs have traded pick No. 50 to the #Patriots. :cool:

The Patriots sent the 54th and 158th picks to the Chiefs for the 50th pick.

Patriots are selecting WR Tyquan Thornton

The Rams were hoping to take Cole Strange, the Patriots first round pick, at the top of the 4th round.

YDFL Commish
Still have our choice between Moore and Raimann if Pitt cooperates.

smitty46953
Steelers take George Pickens :cool:

HoosierinFL
04-29-2022, 08:40 PM
Did we trade back again?

smitty46953
Colts on clock, another trade back? :cool:

IndyNorm
Did we trade back again?

Probably.

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 08:41 PM
Colts take Cincinnati WR Alec Pierce at 53 :cool:

YDFL Commish
04-29-2022, 08:42 PM
I like Pierce. Good routes, good speed, good size!

HoosierinFL
04-29-2022, 08:42 PM
Did we trade back again?

Never mind the espn screen was not updating

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 08:43 PM

Ugh. Needed the LT more.

IndyNorm
04-29-2022, 08:43 PM

Ballard must not have liked Moore's size. Although he's still there, so there must be something there that we don't know about.

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 08:45 PM
The #Chiefs will select Western Michigan WR Skyy Moore at pick No. 54. :cool:

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 08:45 PM
Ballard must not have liked Moore's size. Although he's still there, so there must be something there that we don't know about.

Or maybe Ballard just likes big WRs. Pittman, Patmon, Strachan, Pierce, all 6'4" or more.

nate505
04-29-2022, 08:46 PM
I like the pick. If that red zone threat can translate into the pros...I'm very excited. Holy fuck were the Colts horrible in the red zone.

YDFL Commish
04-29-2022, 08:47 PM

NP, it was a toss up between the two, as they were both next rated WRs on the board.

HoosierinFL
Well if we get anything like Jordy Nelson out of this kid, I’ll consider that a win, but we’ll see.

Chromeburn
Heh I figured Alec Pierce. They really liked him. Leader, really athletic, big and fast.

Thorgrim
04-29-2022, 08:48 PM
I like Pierce. Had him projected for us in round 3 if we took Raimann but oh well.

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 08:49 PM
I like Pierce. Had him projected for us in round 3 if we took Raimann but oh well.

Maybe Raimann at 73? That and Sam Williams at 77 would be so wonderful.

IndyNorm
04-29-2022, 08:49 PM
Or maybe Ballard just likes big WRs. Pittman, Patmon, Strachan, Pierce, all 6'4" or more.

That too.

Chromeburn
04-29-2022, 08:50 PM

The draft services had him in the third. But several draft guys like Kiper said he worked his way in the 2nd round.

IndyNorm
04-29-2022, 08:50 PM

You called it.

Chromeburn
04-29-2022, 08:51 PM
Maybe Raimann at 73? That and Sam Williams at 77 would be so wonderful.

They will draft a TE

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 08:52 PM
Cards select CSU TE Trey McBride with the No. 55 overall pick :cool:

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 08:53 PM
They will draft a TE

Hopefully in Round 5. Isaiah Likely and Lucas Krull on Day 3 is the dream.

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 08:55 PM
Mentally, Alec Pierce is one of the smartest receivers in this or any draft class, and the physical skills are through the roof as well.

The Colts are getting a good one. :cool:

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 08:55 PM
God damnit Williams to DAL.

Racehorse
04-29-2022, 08:57 PM
God damnit Williams to DAL.
Why so upset?

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 08:57 PM
Dan Graziano
@DanGrazianoESPN

Bucs trade picks 60 and 180 for pick 57.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers have selected IDL Luke Goedeke with the 57th pick.

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 09:00 PM
The Colts WR room: :cool:

Pittman Jr.
Campbell
Dulin
Pierce
Patmon
Strachan
Coutee
Harris

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 09:00 PM
With pick 58 overall in the 2022 NFL Draft, the #Falcons are selecting LB Troy Anderson :cool:

IndyNorm
04-29-2022, 09:03 PM

Pittman Jr.
Campbell
Dulin
Pierce
Patmon
Strachan
Coutee
Harris

Would like to still see us add TY or another vet to the group.

Lov2fish

Pittman Jr.
Campbell
Dulin
Pierce
Patmon
Strachan
Coutee
Harris

If Campbell is not snake bitten and stays healthy this year, and Ryan can elevate one of the other receivers game we will be fine. Hines will be the wildcard out of the backfield. C'mon training camp!

smitty46953
Alec Pierce clip

https://twitter.com/alecpierce/status/1506054196893732875

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 09:04 PM
Why so upset?

He's a really solid edge rusher. Colts could've used that.

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 09:10 PM
The Bills have traded pick 60 to Cincinnati for picks 63 and 209.:cool:

and take Nebraska CB Cam Taylor-Britt.

IndyNorm
04-29-2022, 09:12 PM
If Campbell is not snake bitten and stays healthy this year, and Ryan can elevate one of the other receivers game we will be fine. Hines will be the wildcard out of the backfield. C'mon training camp!

Maybe your second if will happen but the first won't. I have a better chance of having a threesome with Margot Robbie and Gal Gadot tonight than Campbell does of staying healthy.

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 09:13 PM
With pick 61 overall in the 2022 NFL Draft, the #49ers are selecting DE Drake Jackson

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 09:18 PM
The Chiefs are taking Cincinnati S Bryan Cook. Pick 62 :cool:

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 09:20 PM
The Chiefs are taking Cincinnati S Bryan Cook. Pick 62 :cool:

Between that and McDuffie, they'll find their Mathieu replacement. Btw, NFL.com's comp on Cook is Julian Blackmon.

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 09:21 PM
Pierce gets the call

https://twitter.com/Colts/status/1520211216794329089

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 09:22 PM
The #Bills will select Georgia RB James Cook with pick No. 63. Dalvin's brother. :cool:

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 09:25 PM
The #Broncos wrap up the second round by selecting Oklahoma LB Nick Bonito. On to the 3rd... :cool:

IndyNorm
04-29-2022, 09:26 PM
Pierce gets the call

https://twitter.com/Colts/status/1520211216794329089

WTF are they still using landlines?

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 09:26 PM
The #Broncos wrap up the second round by selecting Oklahoma LB Nick Bonito. On to the 3rd... :cool:

Damnit, Edge just dropped a tier.

Ironshaft
04-29-2022, 09:29 PM
On3 QB selected in first two rounds. Crazy...

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 09:29 PM
Damnit, Edge just dropped a tier.

Yes he was good pick quick as hell :cool:

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 09:31 PM
With pick 65 overall in the 2022 NFL Draft, the #Jaguars are selecting OL Luke Fortner :cool:

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 09:31 PM
With pick 66 overall in the 2022 NFL Draft, the #Vikings are selecting LB Brian Asmoah :cool:

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 09:34 PM
Pick 67 Giants are taking North Carolina G/C Joshua Ezeudu :cool:

YDFL Commish
04-29-2022, 09:35 PM
Would really like to see Dulcich and Raimann in rd 3.

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 09:36 PM
With pick 68 overall in the 2022 NFL Draft, the #Browns are selecting CB Martin Emerson :cool:

CletusPyle
04-29-2022, 09:38 PM
With pick 68 overall in the 2022 NFL Draft, the #Browns are selecting CB Martin Emerson :cool:

Thanks for the updates Smitty, I'm not able to watch the draft on TV right now!

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 09:39 PM
With pick 69 overall in the 2022 NFL Draft, the #Titans are selecting OT Nicholas Petit-Frere :cool:

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the updates Smitty, I'm not able to watch the draft on TV right now!

Follow this guy on Twitter, usually shows picks first
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 09:43 PM
With pick 70 overall in the 2022 NFL Draft, the #Jaguars are selecting LB Chad Muma :cool:

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 09:47 PM
With pick 71 overall in the 2022 NFL Draft, the #Bears are selecting WR Velus Jones :cool:

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 09:49 PM
With pick 72 overall in the 2022 NFL Draft, the #Seahawks are selecting OT Abraham Lucas :cool:

Colts up !!!

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 09:51 PM
With pick 73 overall in the 2022 NFL Draft, the #Colts are selecting TE Jelani Woods :cool:

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1520219209292206087

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 09:52 PM
With pick 73 overall in the 2022 NFL Draft, the #Colts are selecting TE Jelani Woods :cool:

Wow, really? Okay. Can we at least get Raimann at 77, then?

IndyNorm
04-29-2022, 09:54 PM
Wow, really? Okay. Can we at least get Raimann at 77, then?

Is Raimann really that good? There have been a shitload of OTs taken ahead of him that were rated lower than him per the "experts".

YDFL Commish
Woods is okay. I'm surprised Lucas went ahead of Raimann. Raimann's lack of experience must be knocking him down.

smitty46953
With pick 74 overall in the 2022 NFL Draft, the #Falcons are selecting QB Desmond Ridder :cool:

Ridder before Malik Willis, who saw that?

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 09:55 PM
Is Raimann really that good? There have been a shitload of OTs taken ahead of him that were rated lower than him per the "experts".

There are a lot of those guys that will move to guard. Raimann has LT traits that are not easy to find.

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 09:56 PM
With pick 74 overall in the 2022 NFL Draft, the #Falcons are selecting QB Desmond Ridder :cool:

Shocking that he's the second QB off the board.

Chromeburn
04-29-2022, 09:56 PM

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1520219209292206087

Woods really rose late. He is huge. 6’7. He is a lot like Moe Allie really. He will be able to block too.

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 09:58 PM
#Broncos trade down with #Texans :cool:

#Broncos get pick 80 and 162 for pick 75.

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 09:59 PM
With pick 75 overall in the 2022 NFL Draft, the #Texans are selecting LB Christian Harris :cool:

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 10:00 PM
One thing I can say: how do you cover the Colts in the redzone now? 6'4" Pittman, 6'4" Pierce, 6'4" Patmon, 6'6" Cox, 6'7" Woods

CletusPyle
04-29-2022, 10:00 PM
Woods really rose late. He is huge. 6’7. He is a lot like Moe Allie really. He will be able to block too.

Mo Cox and Mo' Woods....cheerleaders will be happy!:D

YDFL Commish
04-29-2022, 10:02 PM

Omaha will be happy!

Spike
04-29-2022, 10:02 PM
One thing I can say: how do you cover the Colts in the redzone now? 6'4" Pittman, 6'4" Pierce, 6'4" Patmon, 6'6" Cox, 6'7" Woods

Wow, that's scary. Colts are certainly going to look a lot different, in a damn good way.

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 10:03 PM
With pick 76 overall in the 2022 NFL Draft, the #Ravens are selecting DL Travis Jones :cool:

Colts up

Spike
04-29-2022, 10:03 PM

Now we need to draft a Johnson, Mo Johnson!!!!!

Dewey 5
04-29-2022, 10:04 PM

Strachan 6' 5"

Spike
04-29-2022, 10:05 PM
Pat fans are in real meltdown mode now. Can't help but love this!

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 10:05 PM
Winfrey or Raimann?

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 10:06 PM
Hell yes !!!

With pick 77 overall in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Colts are selecting OT Bernhard Raimann :cool::cool::cool:

YDFL Commish
04-29-2022, 10:06 PM
Winfrey or Raimann?

Not another 3-tech?

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 10:07 PM
Hell yes !!!

With pick 77 overall in the 2022 NFL Draft, the #Vikings are selecting OT Bernhard Raimann :cool::cool::cool:

The Colts trade out again?

IndyNorm
04-29-2022, 10:08 PM

And don't forget Strachan who's 6'5".

Dam8610
Hell yes !!!

With pick 77 overall in the 2022 NFL Draft, the #Vikings are selecting OT Bernhard Raimann :cool::cool::cool:

If that is actually Colts, I love this Day 2.

YDFL Commish
Fuck yessssss!

smitty46953
The Colts trade out again?

Typo sorry :cool:

IndyNorm
04-29-2022, 10:09 PM

It is. Just showed it on ESPN.

Chromeburn
04-29-2022, 10:09 PM

Lol

rcubed
04-29-2022, 10:10 PM
Hell yes !!!

With pick 77 overall in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Colts are selecting OT Bernhard Raimann :cool::cool::cool:

Like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YDFL Commish
04-29-2022, 10:10 PM
Ballard is killing it!

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 10:11 PM
With pick 78 overall in the 2022 NFL Draft, the #Browns are selecting Edge Alex Wright :cool:

Dam8610
Almost could not ask for a better Day 2.

CletusPyle
Hell yes !!!

"I will break you!"
-bernhard raimann

Chromeburn
04-29-2022, 10:12 PM

“Tight ends; Cox and Woods on the field now”

Sounds like a porno

rcubed
Ballard is killing it!

Seems like good picks and at positions of need

smitty46953
With pick 79 overall in the 2022 NFL Draft, the #Chargers are selecting DB JT Woods :cool:

IndyNorm
They're saying on ESPN that there are some questions about Raimann's knees. Any truth to that or is it BS?

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 10:14 PM
Ballard played the same roulette he played with Radunz last year, but it paid off this time.

Spike
Almost could not ask for a better Day 2.

LOL, glad you are finally happy brother.

YDFL Commish
They're saying on ESPN that there are some questions about Raimann's knees. Any truth to that or is it BS?. What does BSPN know? They always knock Colts picks!

Butter
04-29-2022, 10:15 PM
Oh fuck yes we Got Rain Man, I hear he is an excellent driver!

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 10:15 PM
With pick 80 overall in the 2022 NFL Draft, the #Broncos are selecting TE Greg Dulcich :cool:

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 10:16 PM
Oh fuck yes we Got Rain Man, I hear he is an excellent driver!

Buys his underwear at K-Mart for bout a hundred dollars :cool:

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 10:17 PM
With pick 81 overall in the 2022 NFL Draft, the #Giants are selecting CB Cordale Flott :cool:

IndyNorm
04-29-2022, 10:19 PM
Well since we're done for the evening I'm out. Like most everyone else on here overall I'm pretty happy :). Good night Freaks!!

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 10:19 PM
Former TE who moves to LT for CMU with crazy athleticism. Where have I heard this story before? Joe Staley anyone?

Chromeburn
04-29-2022, 10:20 PM
Well since we're done for the evening I'm out. Like most everyone else on here overall I'm pretty happy :). Good night Freaks!!

Thanks for doing the picks

Chromeburn
04-29-2022, 10:21 PM
I think we just had a NEED draft. I’m shocked.

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 10:22 PM
With pick 82 overall in the 2022 NFL Draft, the #Falcons are selecting LB DeAngelo Malone :cool:

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 10:23 PM
Barring an unexpected trade up, it's break time for me :cool:

Brylok
04-29-2022, 10:24 PM
I haven't been following very closely, but I see WR, TE, OT. All are big/athletic. The OT is massive. I'm happy so far.

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 10:26 PM
With pick 83 overall in the 2022 NFL Draft, the #Eagles are selecting LB Nakobe Dean

Finally went :eek:

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 10:27 PM
I think we just had a NEED draft. I’m shocked.

I wouldn't call any of these picks a reach. They got good value on all of these as well. I'm excited to see what Woods's 10 RAS score will do.

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 10:32 PM
Great to see the Titans waste draft capital trading up to draft Malik Willis. His mechanics are terrible. Wentz level bad.

Thorgrim
04-29-2022, 10:34 PM
Ballard is killing it!

I'm hard pressed to find any reason to complain. Needs being filled with outstanding talent. We add a CB and S and we are golden.

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 10:35 PM
I'm hard pressed to find any reason to complain. Needs being filled with outstanding talent. We add a CB and S and we are golden.

I'd've liked an edge, but other than that, yes, can't complain.

Ironshaft
04-29-2022, 10:49 PM
My hope for day 3:

1. Depth OC/OG
2. Depth NT
3. Depth Safety
4. Depth CB

to fill with:

5th round, pick 159
5th round, pick 179
6th round, pick 192
6th round, pick 216
7th round, pick 239

But, honestly, since I love all three of our 2nd day picks, I don't really care who they pick tomorrow.

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 10:58 PM
Corral to the Panthers is interesting. Could start soon.

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 11:00 PM
I'd've liked an edge, but other than that, yes, can't complain.

You do know that's highly unusual ... LOL :rolleyes:

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 11:04 PM
You do know that's highly unusual ... LOL :rolleyes:

2 Guards and a LB looks like terrible value for 3 Top 40 picks. It works out if two are All-Pros and the third becomes a Pro Bowl caliber RT.

Spike
04-29-2022, 11:04 PM
Colts traded back into the 3rd round, pick 96.

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 11:05 PM
Colts traded 2023 3rd with *Broncos for pick 96 :cool:

With pick 96 overall in the 2022 NFL Draft, the #Colts are selecting Maryland Safety Nick Cross

Spike
Nick Cross, safety. is the Colts pick.

Dam8610
Colts trade up for Nick Cross! Holy shit what a Day 2.

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 11:06 PM
What did they give up to get 96?

smitty46953
04-29-2022, 11:07 PM

The Colts traded the No. 179 pick and next year’s third-round pick to move back into the third round for Maryland safety Nick Cross.

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 11:09 PM
The Colts traded the No. 179 pick and next year’s third-round pick to move back into the third round for Maryland safety Nick Cross.

Ew. I suppose I'm okay with it though.

Spike
04-29-2022, 11:10 PM

These networks suck so damn bad. They talk BS and always go to a commercial after a Colts pick. I have no idea who they gave up, fucking network bullshit coverage.

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 11:13 PM
Bell at 99. That's a bit high for him and I'm a Purdue fan.

Brylok
04-29-2022, 11:32 PM
On paper, this is pretty fantastic for the Colts. I hope all these guys pan out. Very happy!

Dam8610
04-29-2022, 11:33 PM
On paper, this is pretty fantastic for the Colts. I hope all these guys pan out. Very happy!

Colts just got way bigger and more athletic tonight. I don't think Khari Willis is long for a starting role.

Spike
04-29-2022, 11:42 PM
We will all have to see how this pans out, but I would give Ballard an A so far in this draft. Filled some needs with some really damn good players without having to reach. WR, TE, OL, & Safety. Best haul in a shitload of years. It's amazing that he did all this without a first round pick. Losing that 1st round pick doesn't hurt so much, if at all, anymore.

Oldcolt
04-29-2022, 11:54 PM
Ballard does know how to construct a roster. I’m hopeful for some offensive line depth. Excellent guards can usually be found in these upcoming rounds

Ironshaft
04-30-2022, 07:32 AM
Rating scales are subjective. We don't know for sure all that goes into it and it is often in the eye of the beholder.

That being said.....in the Next Gen NFL stats on the league's page, our draft picks ranked:

Bernhard Raimann graded as the #5 offensive tackle with the 4 graded above him all being drafted in the 1st round.

Nick Cross graded as the #5 safety with the 4 graded above him all being drafted in the 1st and 2nd rounds (2 in 1st, 2 in 2nd)

Jelani Woods graded as the #7 tight end. 3 graded above him have not been drafted and the other three were picked in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

Alec Pierce graded as the #15 wide receiver which is ironic as he was our highest pick. I know his athletic ability is not nearly as high as many on the list above him. I just have to hope that his football smarts set him apart. The Colts obviously liked him.

I LOVE the positions the Colts drafted. I really like the profiles/bios/backgrounds of the players they picked. I hope it translates into excellent play on the field.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
04-30-2022, 07:37 AM
We will all have to see how this pans out, but I would give Ballard an A so far in this draft.

Ballard's drafting in even number years has been outstanding.

2018 Draft - Quenton Nelson, Darius Leonard, Braden Smith, etc.

2020 Draft - No first round pick but still selected Michael Pittman Jr, Jonathan Taylor, Julian Blackmon, etc.

2022 Draft - Looks promising....

The odd number years has been a bit uglier - although I give him a mulligan for his first draft in 2017 because he hadn't set up his org structure yet. I also think he was evaluating the evaluators (scouts) as much as the players. And it is still a bit early to judge last year's draft class.

CletusPyle
04-30-2022, 08:00 AM
We will all have to see how this pans out, but I would give Ballard an A so far in this draft. Filled some needs with some really damn good players without having to reach. WR, TE, OL, & Safety. Best haul in a shitload of years. It's amazing that he did all this without a first round pick. Losing that 1st round pick doesn't hurt so much, if at all, anymore.

I agree, the Redskins picked Dotson with our #1 pick, I think Dotson is going to do very well in the NFL, but I doubt Ballard takes him with the 16th pick, we may have gone with an OL pick, but considering what we came away with in the 2nd and third the Colts did very well! The only question will be if we could have improved the Raimann pick...I like that pick a lot so I think Ballard has to feel really good about this draft so far!

JAFF
04-30-2022, 08:19 AM
Colts just got way bigger and more athletic tonight. I don't think Khari Willis is long for a starting role.

Willis “knows” how to play at the nfl level, he makes plays. I wouldnt write him off

Ironshaft
04-30-2022, 08:21 AM
I agree, the Redskins picked Dotson with our #1 pick, I think Dotson is going to do very well in the NFL, but I doubt Ballard takes him with the 16th pick, we may have gone with an OL pick, but considering what we came away with in the 2nd and third the Colts did very well! The only question will be if we could have improved the Raimann pick...I like that pick a lot so I think Ballard has to feel really good about this draft so far!
Obviously, we don't know the medical concerns teams had about Raimann but the thing that I love is his growth potential. He has all the athletic ability in the world but only a couple of years experience at playing OT. With good coaching and playing next to an all-world OG in the Big Q, his game could sky rocket.

Ironshaft
04-30-2022, 08:24 AM
Willis “knows” how to play at the nfl level, he makes plays. I wouldnt write him off
With Gus Bradley, we will play three safeties A LOT. I am not sure that the "starter" tag is that big of a deal.

Blackmon, Willis, McLeod and now Cross will all be in the mix for playing time...a lot of playing time. Watts looks more like a special teamer to me.

IndyNorm
04-30-2022, 09:05 AM

Think I would have liked to see us draft Moore instead of Pierce, but Ballard does like tall WRs and Pierce looks like he will be fine.

Was pleasantly surprised to see us move back in to get Cross. Looks like he's a great pick at the end of the 3rd.

Overall, agree it was a really good day 2 for us!!

Hoopsdoc
04-30-2022, 09:15 AM
Think I would have liked to see us draft Moore instead of Pierce, but Ballard does like tall WRs and Pierce looks like he will be fine.

Was pleasantly surprised to see us move back in to get Cross. Looks like he's a great pick at the end of the 3rd.

Overall, agree it was a really good day 2 for us!!

They must really think the world of Cross for Ballard to give up a 3rd to get him.

IndyNorm
04-30-2022, 09:27 AM
They must really think the world of Cross for Ballard to give up a 3rd to get him.

They must really like him to trade up, which as we know isn't Ballard's forte, but I think the more value for Denver in the trade is the 5th rounder. If we have a good season then next year's 3rd rounder will be in the bottom 1/3 of the round, so pretty close to where Cross was taken.

omahacolt
04-30-2022, 11:42 AM
Ballard's drafting in even number years has been outstanding.

2018 Draft - Quenton Nelson, Darius Leonard, Braden Smith, etc.

2020 Draft - No first round pick but still selected Michael Pittman Jr, Jonathan Taylor, Julian Blackmon, etc.

2022 Draft - Looks promising....

The odd number years has been a bit uglier - although I give him a mulligan for his first draft in 2017 because he hadn't set up his org structure yet. I also think he was evaluating the evaluators (scouts) as much as the players. And it is still a bit early to judge last year's draft class.
top notch analysis

Oldcolt
04-30-2022, 11:42 AM
Ballard has done really well trading up (JT anyone?) in the draft. We are a much faster athletic team today than we were yesterday. I am pumped about this next year. From where we were after that last fucking game it is amazing where this team is, aggressive in the draft, not in free agency. Not overspending on wr and yet getting a stud is so much smarter than I would have been.

omahacolt
04-30-2022, 11:48 AM
It's easier to say edge defender when talking about 34 OLBs/43 DEs who primarily rush the passer.

not when discussing only the colts.

omahacolt
04-30-2022, 12:01 PM
LOL, glad you are finally happy brother.

dam doesn't have the best track record for liking draft picks

YDFL Commish
04-30-2022, 12:04 PM
dam doesn't have the best track record for liking draft
picks

This time most are in agreement with him.

omahacolt
04-30-2022, 12:05 PM
This time most are in agreement with him.

i actually agree and i am not happy with that

Dam8610
04-30-2022, 01:33 PM
not when discussing only the colts.

If you want to get that specific, shouldn't we be calling them LEOs and DEs?

dam doesn't have the best track record for liking draft picks

Name one I liked that didn't work. I typically don't like value in Ballard's drafts, especially early.

Hoopsdoc
04-30-2022, 03:00 PM
If you want to get that specific, shouldn't we be calling them LEOs and DEs?

Name one I liked that didn't work. I typically don't like value in Ballard's drafts, especially early.

Didn’t you swear that Stanley Havili would be a pro bowler?

Dam8610
04-30-2022, 03:18 PM

No, I hated Stanley Havili. I remember that guy though, he was weird, thought FB was the most important position.

YDFL Commish
04-30-2022, 03:24 PM

Hau'oli Kikaha

Nah, I believe that this is the guy Dammy fell in love with.

Dam8610
04-30-2022, 04:19 PM
Hau'oli Kikaha

Nah, I believe that this is the guy Dammy fell in love with.

He got injured. Had like 4 sacks his rookie year before the injury. Can't predict injuries.