PDA

View Full Version : Starting Lineups Set?

ChaosTheory
04-16-2022, 01:45 PM
I was thinking: If we draft a good young OT or WR, I could see them possibly competing for a starting job. But other than those, I imagine any draft pick would at least start out as depth, even TE.

So assuming that; we might actually have our starting lineups more-or-less set before we make a draft pick.

OFFENSE

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Jonathan Taylor
TE: Mo Allie-Cox
LT: Matt Pryor
LG: Quenton Nelson
C: Ryan Kelly
RG: Danny Pinter
RT: Braden Smith
WR: Michael Pittman
WR: Parris Campbell
XX: Nyheim Hines or Kylen Granson or WR3 (Strachan, Patmon, Dulin)

OL Depth is Will Fries and ???

DEFENSE

DT: Grover Stewart
DT: DeForest Buckner
DE: Kwity Paye
DE: Yannick Ngakoue
LB: Darius Leonard
LB: Bobby Okereke
CB: Stephon Gilmore
CB: Kenny Moore
SS: Khari Willis
FS: Julian Blackmon
XX: Rodney McLeod or Isaiah Rodgers or Brandon Facyson

DL depth has Dayo, Lewis, and Banogu. Need another.

----------------------------------------

How do you feel about this starting lineup?

YDFL Commish
04-16-2022, 02:11 PM
I was thinking: If we draft a good young OT or WR, I could see them possibly competing for a starting job. But other than those, I imagine any draft pick would at least start out as depth, even TE.

So assuming that; we might actually have our starting lineups more-or-less set before we make a draft pick.

OFFENSE

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Jonathan Taylor
TE: Mo Allie-Cox
LT: Matt Pryor
LG: Quenton Nelson
C: Ryan Kelly
RG: Danny Pinter
RT: Braden Smith
WR: Michael Pittman
WR: Parris Campbell
XX: Nyheim Hines or Kylen Granson or WR3 (Strachan, Patmon, Dulin)

OL Depth is Will Fries and ???

DEFENSE

DT: Grover Stewart
DT: DeForest Buckner
DE: Kwity Paye
DE: Yannick Ngakoue
LB: Darius Leonard
LB: Bobby Okereke
CB: Stephon Gilmore
CB: Kenny Moore
SS: Khari Willis
FS: Julian Blackmon
XX: Rodney McLeod or Isaiah Rodgers or Brandon Facyson

DL depth has Dayo, Lewis, and Banogu. Need another.

----------------------------------------

How do you feel about this starting lineup?

Would like to see Dayo start and Ngakoue used as a situational pass rusher. OL depth and NT depth are my only concerns right now, other than finding WR, TE, LT in the draft.

Dam8610
04-16-2022, 04:23 PM
I think McLeod is your starter at SS and Willis is part of the rotation.

Oldcolt
04-16-2022, 10:28 PM
Right now I think you may be right. There are still moves to be made.

Discflinger
04-17-2022, 02:11 AM

That’s interesting. As long as we don’t sign that guy from the Cowgirls. Everyone wanted him gone.

Discflinger
04-17-2022, 02:17 AM

Interesting, but camp will tell and I hope you’re wrong.

apballin
04-17-2022, 11:04 AM

Nah I’m say Mcleod starts until Blackmon is ready, then he’ll be a sub package situation guy

ChaosTheory
04-17-2022, 11:16 AM
Would like to see Dayo start and Ngakoue used as a situational pass rusher. OL depth and NT depth are my only concerns right now, other than finding WR, TE, LT in the draft.

That would mean young Dayo beat out the vet. That'd be a nice jump. Ngakoue is much less a run stopper, anyway.

I'm very curious about our safeties. From what I've read, I expect Blackmon, Willis, and McLeod to be on the field together a lot. That likely puts Willis in the box and less time deep which I think is better for him.

Racehorse
04-17-2022, 12:27 PM
I think if the season were to start today, that lineup would be serviceable. However, I think we will see a couple of players come in and supplant some of those. Maybe a FA WR, or a drafted player somewhere.

YDFL Commish
04-17-2022, 12:29 PM
That would mean young Dayo beat out the vet. That'd be a nice jump. Ngakoue is much less a run stopper, anyway.

I'm very curious about our safeties. From what I've read, I expect Blackmon, Willis, and McLeod to be on the field together a lot. That likely puts Willis in the box and less time deep which I think is better for him.

Ngakoe would almost undoubtedly get more snaps than Dayo even if Dayo was the de-facto starter.

Yeah, it will be some combo of 3 safeties and 3 CB's depending on down, distance and tendencies.

BTW, I was wrong earlier in another thread, calling one of Bradley's primary coverage's cover 4. It is actually quarters, which upon further research is a little different than than cover 4.

Cover 4 is more of a bail technique, where all 4 cover guys are bailing to slightly deeper zones, where as quarters is more of a match up zone, where all 4 coverage guys have 2 way read on a single receiver. Depending on whether or not the receiver makes an in breaking cut or an out breaking cut, the defender will either switch to the next closest receiver or stick to his primary read.

I kinda like this concept. It certainly beats the hell out of Bradley's now ancient cover 3, which leaves too many open holes for QB's to exploit. I hope that he runs very little cover 3.

JAFF
04-17-2022, 05:45 PM

Its my understanding that Ngakoue will be balls out rushing on every down regardless of down or distance. A wide 9 alignment. At least thats what the article in the star posted

Butter
04-17-2022, 07:31 PM
He should really keep his balls in an athletic supporter.

ChaosTheory
04-18-2022, 10:50 AM
Cover 4 is more of a bail technique, where all 4 cover guys are bailing to slightly deeper zones, where as quarters is more of a match up zone, where all 4 coverage guys have 2 way read on a single receiver. Depending on whether or not the receiver makes an in breaking cut or an out breaking cut, the defender will either switch to the next closest receiver or stick to his primary read.

We may have read the same article. It's very interesting because it seems Bradley's defense will allow more aggression in coverage than we're used. It showed an example of LAC vs TB and I believe they had Quarters on half the field and 4-Cloud on the other which let the CB jump Brady's out-route for a pick-6. I guess they call it Palms.

There's other interesting stuff like his use of Cover-5 with the safety being aggressive... I'm a lineman guy, that's what I watch play-to-play, but I'm actually really intrigued by our DB personnel and Bradley's coverage.