PDA

View Full Version : Ryan is saying all the right things

Lov2fish
03-22-2022, 05:35 PM
Watched his press conference, dude is telling you everything you want to hear. To hear him say this place was his choice as much as anyone's is really good to hear.
Here is his press conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D35xCOUIzDI

Spike
03-22-2022, 06:34 PM
Great to have this professional adult as our QB. Sounds like an awesome dude.
He just appears to be a much more likable person than our previous QB. But most of all, he is head and shoulders smarter as a QB than our previous QB. Really glad we got him instead of Baker.

Oldcolt
03-22-2022, 06:43 PM
Wow. A QB that actually seems to have a normal personality. Class act, reminds me of Peyton in that way. God it is so welcome to have a mature man as our QB. Not sure how well this will work out (who the hell ever knows) but this guy is someone I can actually root for. Thank you football gods. This could be special.

rcubed
03-22-2022, 06:52 PM
yep, an intelligent adult at your most important position.

it may be petty or maybe I am getting old (my kids call me boomer even though I constantly remind them its gen x) but watching hardknocks and hearing wentz constantly say to teammates '' 'preciate you man" over and over really irritated me. so glad ballard rectified that situation.

CletusPyle
03-22-2022, 07:04 PM
Very likable, this move keeps looking better all the time! I think Jack Doyle should reconsider and come back for one more season...Ryan needs Clutch Cargo in the lineup!

Spike
03-22-2022, 08:07 PM
Wow. A QB that actually seems to have a normal personality. Class act, reminds me of Peyton in that way. God it is so welcome to have a mature man as our QB. Not sure how well this will work out (who the hell ever knows) but this guy is someone I can actually root for. Thank you football gods. This could be special.

100% agree! Toward the end, I soured on Wentz big time. Then I went into total hatred toward him after the Jags kicked our ass. Didn't hate the man, don't fucking know him, just hated him as our QB. I am glad we fleeced the Redskins, now that jackass can fuck up games for them. Redskins are in a world of hurt. If he was still our QB, I would still have to root for him, thank God I don't have to.

Hoopsdoc
03-22-2022, 08:25 PM
Go read the Falcons boards, you won’t find a single one of them badmouthing Ryan. To a man, they’re appreciative of everything he did there and they don’t blame him at all for wanting out.

They are PISSED OFF at the GM Fontenot for letting this happen by going after Watson like an idiot.

That tells you all you need to know.

I’m super excited to see how he does in Franks offense. I believe he can get back close to 2016 level, IF, and it’s a big if, the Colts get him some more weapons to work with.

Ballard has to help him out there though.

Indystu2
03-22-2022, 11:11 PM
I don't post often, but I do try and keep up with varied opinions on this board. That being said, I was very impressed with Matt's professionalism, intelligence and obvious enthusiasm for this opportunity. He impressed me, and very few people do. I can only hope that also translates to the field. I like that he gave homage to the team history and the qualities that made the best Colts. Smart.

I hope he gets the O-line protection to be the best he can be. I am more optimistic for the season than I have been in years. I think Taylor, Hines and Cox will have great years.

In Liberty,

Brylok
03-23-2022, 01:28 PM
That was a very good interview and now I feel a little bit better than I did when Phil came here. We have a grownup in charge again. JMV also interviewed him and asked if he planned on playing at least two years here. Ryan said two was the minimum and he wants to play more. Now go get him some weapons.

JAFF
03-23-2022, 05:34 PM
A friend of my wife lives in Atlanta, and passed this story along. The locals added on to Matty Ice tag to include his twin boys. So they are known as Matt and the Ice Cubes

Chromeburn
03-23-2022, 09:34 PM
Go read the Falcons boards, you won’t find a single one of them badmouthing Ryan. To a man, they’re appreciative of everything he did there and they don’t blame him at all for wanting out.

They are PISSED OFF at the GM Fontenot for letting this happen by going after Watson like an idiot.

That tells you all you need to know.

I’m super excited to see how he does in Franks offense. I believe he can get back close to 2016 level, IF, and it’s a big if, the Colts get him some more weapons to work with.

Ballard has to help him out there though.

I was listening to a ATL reporter and he said about half the fanbase wanted to start over. It was probably time. They will suck this year and likely get a tip pick in a QB draft.

Spike
03-24-2022, 03:09 AM
I don't post often, but I do try and keep up with varied opinions on this board. That being said, I was very impressed with Matt's professionalism, intelligence and obvious enthusiasm for this opportunity. He impressed me, and very few people do. I can only hope that also translates to the field. I like that he gave homage to the team history and the qualities that made the best Colts. Smart.

I hope he gets the O-line protection to be the best he can be. I am more optimistic for the season than I have been in years. I think Taylor, Hines and Cox will have great years.

In Liberty,

Glad you keep up with posters on this board. I am signed up with about 3 other Colt boards, but the posters here are so much more knowledgable than any other board. We can all be pricks to each other, but that's ok. At the end of the day, we are all die hard Colt fans. When someone says something stupid, I will call them out on it, when I say something stupid, they will call me out on it. Although I really don't ever say anything stupid LOL. I know that there are moderators on this board that wish I would just go away, but to their credit, they haven't banned me YET! This is the one board where I can say what I believe and have no repercussions. Kind of what the USA use to be.

smitty46953
03-24-2022, 10:11 AM
I don't post often, but I do try and keep up with varied opinions on this board.

What else is there to do in central Arkansas? :cool:

JAFF
03-24-2022, 01:55 PM

Nothing I want to know.

Spike
03-24-2022, 02:13 PM

LOL! I have a cousin who is moving to Conway Arkansas because he doesn't like California anymore because of the cost. Hey, you get what you pay for. I hate the politicians in Cal but I love the beaches, mountains, pacific time zone and weather and reluctantly I will pay for that.

Lov2fish
03-24-2022, 02:57 PM
LOL! I have a cousin who is moving to Conway Arkansas because he doesn't like California anymore because of the cost. Hey, you get what you pay for. I hate the politicians in Cal but I love the beaches, mountains, pacific time zone and weather and reluctantly I will pay for that.

Have all that in South Carolina minus the insanity that is Kommifornia!

ChaosTheory
03-24-2022, 03:29 PM
The more I watch of Ryan and the more I listen from people more informed on him... the more excited I am for next year.

I've also heard some weird shit (to me, at least). Like Mariota + Allen Robinson would be better for the Colts than Matt Ryan. I can't follow the logic.

Spike
03-24-2022, 03:38 PM
The more I watch of Ryan and the more I listen from people more informed on him... the more excited I am for next year.

I've also heard some weird shit (to me, at least). Like Mariota + Allen Robinson would be better for the Colts than Matt Ryan. I can't follow the logic.

Yeah, fuck Maritoa. We made the right decision.

Puck
03-24-2022, 04:29 PM
Matt Ryan was the perfect choice. He will make this offense roll

Spike
03-24-2022, 04:31 PM

Yes you do, except for the Pacific time zone which is the best for sports and the humidity. Went to Florida and Atlanta a few times and hated that fucking humidity.

JAFF
03-24-2022, 04:33 PM
Yes you do, except for the Pacific time zone which is the best for sports and the humidity. Went to Florida and Atlanta a few times and hated that fucking humidity.

I would argue mountain is better, especially during football season

Lov2fish
03-24-2022, 04:45 PM

I live in Indianapolis, but we do have a 5000 acre family farm in TN. I love the Carolinas. Time is time no matter where we are.

Puck
03-25-2022, 09:51 AM
I live in Indianapolis, but we do have a 5000 acre family farm in TN. I love the Carolinas. Time is time no matter where we are.

We will be in SC end of July on a family vacation. Actually a beach in NC but only 30minutes from Myrtle Beach where my Uncle lives. He is a musician and will get to see him play while we are there

My brother also lives in SC and will be bringing his family and renting a beach house in North Myrtle. So it will be a very big reunion for all of us.

I love SC. weather beaches and golf

What part are you in?

IndyNorm
03-25-2022, 10:27 AM

Can't agree with that, Mariota isn't good. But we definitely need to bring in a WR or 2, and the pickings are getting slim. It won't be wise to go into the season with only 1 WR who has over 200 career yards for Ryan to throw to.

omahacolt
03-25-2022, 05:05 PM

but then you have to live in south carolina. no fucking thanks

YDFL Commish
03-25-2022, 06:58 PM
but then you have to live in south carolina. no fucking thanks

What's wrong with South Carolina?

Oldcolt
03-25-2022, 07:40 PM
Great QBs can make an offense run with run of the mill receivers. Doesn’t work the other way around

CletusPyle
03-25-2022, 09:56 PM
The Ravens proved that you can win a championship with a strong defense, strong running game, and a smart accurate passer....the Colts need to improve the defense (which they have already started with the addition of Ngakoue), the running game and QB are in place! I can't wait until next season!

omahacolt
03-26-2022, 12:26 PM
What's wrong with South Carolina?

mainly the people

JAFF
03-26-2022, 12:53 PM
mainly the people

Whhhaaaaatttttt? Lol