PDA

View Full Version : Just who is going to play QB,LT and CB?

jasperhobbs
03-20-2022, 12:40 PM
I don't get it, the pickings are getting slim. Colts need a quarterback. Left tackle and now a cornerback and they don't seem to be in a hurry to sign anyone.

Who are guesses?

JAFF
03-20-2022, 01:01 PM
Three guys sure to piss off 90% of the posters

Brylok
03-20-2022, 01:17 PM
The Colts organization is just sitting there with a thumb up their ass right now. They look like an absolute clown show and should be embarrassed of themselves. Why on earth would anyone want to come here? Maybe nobody does. What a mess.

IndyNorm
03-20-2022, 01:55 PM
We should add WR to the discussion.

Hope I'm wrong, but the longer it goes with Ballard just sitting on his ass and doing nothing the more likely it looks like a throwaway year with the following:

QB: Ehlinger/Draft Pick
LT: Pryor/Draft Pick
CB: Facyson/Rodgers/Moore/Draft Pick
WR: MPJ/Draft Pick/Dulin.....maybe Strachan or Patmon in the mix if they can make a big 2nd/3rd year leap.

Glad I'm no longer a season ticket holder :cool:

ChoppedWood
03-20-2022, 02:01 PM
In Ballard we SUCK!

rcubed
03-20-2022, 02:54 PM
I don't get it, the pickings are getting slim. Colts need a quarterback. Left tackle and now a cornerback and they don't seem to be in a hurry to sign anyone.

Who are guesses?

Dont we have like 3 other threads discussing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAFF
03-20-2022, 03:31 PM
The Colts organization is just sitting there with a thumb up their ass right now. They look like an absolute clown show and should be embarrassed of themselves. Why on earth would anyone want to come here? Maybe nobody does. What a mess.

You need a big drink

JAFF
03-20-2022, 03:33 PM
Dont we have like 3 other threads discussing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its fine, the angst is increasing by the cube.

Oldcolt
03-20-2022, 03:38 PM
Nobody is happy with the state of the roster. None of us can see where we are headed. Makes you nuts. I think we should hold off on making any final judgment on Ballard at least until he puts together a team

JAFF
03-20-2022, 03:44 PM
Nobody is happy with the state of the roster. None of us can see where we are headed. Makes you nuts. I think we should hold off on making any final judgment on Ballard at least until he puts together a team

At some point people need to accept that Ballard works on the rules of Fight Club. And what is the first rule of Fight Club?

There will be a prize for the correct answer.

Brylok
03-20-2022, 04:04 PM
You need a big drink

I need to stop paying attention to the Colts for a while.

Butter
03-20-2022, 04:20 PM
it is frustrating, but it is known that Ballard is not interested in early free agency. There is a lot of time to team build between now and camp the draft has not even happened.

Puck
03-20-2022, 04:23 PM
it is frustrating, but it is known that Ballard is not interested in early free agency. There is a lot of time to team build between now and camp the draft has not even happened.

Yep. He even comes right out and says it and still no one listens.

Brylok
03-20-2022, 04:24 PM
It IS Sunday, so Ballard is asleep and Reich is preaching somewhere. All is fine and well!

JAFF
03-20-2022, 04:28 PM
It IS Sunday, so Ballard is asleep and Reich is preaching somewhere. All is fine and well!

I’m not sure what you expect today. It’s not like anybody in the Colts organization can pull a rabbit out of their ass to make you happy. Signing player X just to sign him he’s not gonna make this team better. I would suggest you let the professionals do their job and then we can accurately critique the results

Or you can panic. If you do panic please get video it usually fun to watch later

JAFF
03-20-2022, 04:29 PM

Has any other team announce the signing or a move today? There are a lot of people who go to church spend time with their family do something other than the job they do for probably more than 60 hours a week. Have a big drink get a grip get over it I’m sure something fun will happen tomorrow. And if I’m wrong well then I’m wrong

Brylok
03-20-2022, 04:34 PM
I

(Blah, blah, blah)

Or you can panic. If you do panic please get video it usually fun to watch later

OR I think I might just stop caring like I did with the Pacers. I doubt that I'm alone, and good luck with that.

ChoppedWood
03-20-2022, 04:45 PM
I would suggest you let the professionals do their job and then we can accurately critique the results

5 years
1 playoff win
Turnstile at QB
Ignores that WR's are a part of the game
Ignores the gross deficiency at DE and hedges on two rookies, one of which was KNOWN to not even be able to hit the field until mid season
Seemingly no plan at LT though we KNEW AC was heading toward retirement
Has the most cap money in the league...does nothing

You mean wait til this same post is updated to say "6 years" next year? Is it fair to criticize this highly visible and vocal professional then? Or should we let him say that he is really pissed but he is pretty sure his 7 year plan is on track!

He's had plenty of time. He sucks at this.

apballin
03-20-2022, 05:00 PM
Baker mayfield
Duane brown- because I think Armstead will be too expensive for Ballard
Not sure about CB but I could see us signing the honey badger

Brylok
03-20-2022, 05:10 PM
5 years
1 playoff win
Turnstile at QB
Ignores that WR's are a part of the game
Ignores the gross deficiency at DE and hedges on two rookies, one of which was KNOWN to not even be able to hit the field until mid season
Seemingly no plan at LT though we KNEW AC was heading toward retirement
Has the most cap money in the league...does nothing

You mean wait til this same post is updated to say "6 years" next year? Is it fair to criticize this highly visible and vocal professional then? Or should we let him say that he is really pissed but he is pretty sure his 7 year plan is on track!

He's had plenty of time. He sucks at this.

No team in the NFL could fix the franchise QB spot in 2.5 years. Luck royally fucked this franchise with no lube, and Ballard has managed to keep us afloat. That's the only reason I still support him. I agree with the rest of your post.

JAFF
03-20-2022, 05:46 PM
I need to stop paying attention to the Colts for a while.

Why? Im not pitching a nutty about the roster

Brylok
03-20-2022, 06:12 PM
Why? Im not pitching a nutty about the roster

Bot level response. It isn't relevant to my comment, and it has a questionable use of the English language. Paid account? Bot?

JAFF
03-20-2022, 06:23 PM
Bot level response. It isn't relevant to my comment, and it has a questionable use of the English language. Paid account? Bot?

Not a someone who panics about things I cant control. Put that in your bot and suck it trebeck

njcoltfan
03-21-2022, 07:17 AM
How many more years are you willing to give him to get that done ??

njcoltfan
03-21-2022, 07:23 AM
I’m not sure what you expect today. It’s not like anybody in the Colts organization can pull a rabbit out of their ass to make you happy. Signing player X just to sign him he’s not gonna make this team better. I would suggest you let the professionals do their job and then we can accurately critique the results

Unless player X is playing a position of need, like say LT, or S ( there's only 2 on the roster now) or WR !!

rm1369
03-21-2022, 08:31 AM
I personally don’t blame Ballard for not finding a franchise QB in 2.5 years. What frustrates me is the lack of a commitment to winning. He won’t pay the price to swing for a franchise guy but he also won’t fully support the “average” guy he does put behind center by providing the complete team necessary for an average QB to win anything. If you don’t think you can win without a franchise guy then go pay the fucking price and go get the guy. Quit bitching about how you’ll get fired if you swing and miss. If you think a franchise QB is to risky then quit neglecting obvious holes in the roster. It’s that fucking simple. Pick your poison and take a fucking swing.

I’m not so sure why that’s controversial. I’m not asking to sign every ridiculous free agent available. I’m simply asking for a plan that makes some fucking sense. One that will have this team in contention before Taylors legs fall off and Nelson’s back gives out. Ballard isn’t a genius building a dynasty, he’s a really good drafter with risk aversion and no plan. Hopefully Jimmy lights a fire under his ass.

rm1369
03-21-2022, 08:40 AM
I would suggest you let the professionals do their job and then we can accurately critique the results

That’s exactly what some of us are doing - critiquing Ballard’s tenure as GM. I’m looking at the obvious holes on the roster he provided Rivers and thinking they could have beat the Bills with a more complete team. I’m looking at the roster he provided Wentz and thinking they’d have made the playoffs despite Wentz if some of the obvious holes in the roster were addressed. And then I’m watching this off-season play out just like the others - guys like you saying not to worry, Ballard knows what he’s doing. But unless Irsay pushes it, I’m pretty sure I know how this goes. An average QB with an incomplete roster. A bunch of draft picks meant to solve immediate issues 2-3 years down the road, and a couple of mediocre one year free agent signings meant to maintain maximum cap flexibility down the road. Oh - and another mediocre season while a bunch of you claim Ballard is being smart and building an obvious dynasty.