PDA

View Full Version : My guess is that part of the holdup is…

Kray007
03-19-2022, 05:38 PM
That both Ballard and Reich want Irsay to give his explicit endorsement of the choice of a new Quarterback. In a year, if the new guy doesn’t work out, the last thing they want to hear is Irsay griping that he he let himself be talked into a choice he had reservations about.

JAFF
03-19-2022, 05:50 PM
That both Ballard and Reich want Irsay to give his explicit endorsement of the choice of a new Quarterback. In a year, if the new guy doesn’t work out, the last thing they want to hear is Irsay griping that he he let himself be talked into a choice he had reservations about.

How hard can it be to get ahold of Jim?

CletusPyle
03-19-2022, 05:51 PM

You could be right, but that is what Irsay pays them for....they are suppose to be the football experts, so if the same thing that happened with Wentz happens with (fill in the blank) they will both be out on their ass! That is likely what is taking so long. :D

apballin
03-19-2022, 05:52 PM
You know the holdup is Ballard playing hardball with the browns the Colts absolutely have all the power in this situation

Lov2fish
03-19-2022, 06:03 PM
You know the holdup is Ballard playing hardball with the browns the Colts absolutely have all the power in this situation

Not necessarily. The Seahawks reached out to them as well.

CletusPyle
03-19-2022, 06:07 PM

Ballard should remind them of the rape they committed when we traded for Trent Richardson! You would think the Browns would have already had some discussions with the Colts and Seahawks before they mortgaged their future on DeShaun Rapeson!:eek::D

IndyNorm
03-19-2022, 06:32 PM
Ballard should remind them of the rape they committed when we traded for Trent Richardson! You would think the Browns would have already had some discussions with the Colts and Seahawks before they mortgaged their future on DeShaun Rapeson!:eek::D

They're probably still pissed off that all they got in return for Richardson ended up being Johnny Manziel lol. On top of that they actually traded to move up to draft TRich in the first place, sending the 4th overall pick and their 4th, 5th, and 7th rounders to draft him 3rd overall. So basically their 1st (4th overall), 4th, 5th, and 6th rounders in '12 netted them 1 year of TRich and Manziel. Gotta love the Browns LMAO!!!

albany ed
03-19-2022, 07:21 PM

I thought they had all the power last year, the Eagles didn't want Wentz on their roster last year, yet they managed to get a first and a third for him.

Chromeburn
03-19-2022, 08:09 PM

I think they’re negotiating. Browns likely asking for too much. Also keeping the door open for Matt Ryan.

I would probably just sign Winston or Mariota and keep the draft picks. Sign a few more dudes in FA.

JAFF
03-19-2022, 08:16 PM
I think they’re negotiating. Browns likely asking for too much. Also keeping the door open for Matt Ryan.

I would probably just sign Winston or Mariota and keep the draft picks. Sign a few more dudes in FA.

Is there really much difference between Mayfield and Winston/Mariota?

apballin
03-19-2022, 09:38 PM
So to answer all these…

Baker doesn’t want Seattle and has informed them he will not resign there so why trade for a 1 year rental

Wentz never come out and said “I wanna play for the Colts “ and Hurts was still on a rookie deal so they could’ve sat on Wentz if they chose

And yes there is a difference between Baker Winston and Mariota

Baker is a fiery competitor that plays better in big games the other 2 seem to get worse in big moments

rcubed
03-19-2022, 11:11 PM
And yes there is a difference between Baker Winston and Mariota

Baker is a fiery competitor that plays better in big games the other 2 seem to get worse in big moments

And if the plan is to have one of these QBs as a stop gap until the QB we draft next year is on the team then why give up the draft capital for baker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apballin
03-19-2022, 11:51 PM
And if the plan is to have one of these QBs as a stop gap until the QB we draft next year is on the team then why give up the draft capital for baker?

I’m not suggesting Baker is a stopgap he still has a high ceiling IMO, this could be a Brees to the Saints situation

Puck
03-20-2022, 03:00 AM
Went to the state semi finals for BB tonight and glad I came home to NOT signing Baker so far

Silence is a virtue for me right now

Smitty. I'll still pay the bills for the sight but I might turn into Chopedwood or any of the other over the top posters if he is signed NAH. Thats just crazy talk
LOL

njcoltfan
03-20-2022, 06:08 AM
I’m not suggesting Baker is a stopgap he still has a high ceiling IMO, this could be a Brees to the Saints situation

You might be right, but until the Colt's get their QB, they might be the 4th best team in the AFC south, and I don't think " Jimmie" likes that, especially after his statements about multiple Super Bowls.

smitty46953
03-20-2022, 09:16 AM
Went to the state semi finals for BB tonight and glad I came home to NOT signing Baker so far

Silence is a virtue for me right now

Smitty. I'll still pay the bills for the sight but I might turn into Chopedwood or any of the other over the top posters if he is signed NAH. Thats just crazy talk
LOL

BengalFreaks ??? :confused:

apballin
03-20-2022, 10:41 AM
BengalFreaks ??? :confused:

What’s so bad about Baker I don’t understand the hate

Oldcolt
03-20-2022, 10:53 AM
What’s so bad about Baker I don’t understand the hate

I don't hate the guy, I just don't think he is the answer. He is short, doesn't have great athletic ability and doesn't have a great arm. The knock on him has been the same as Wentz, lousy in clutch situations (I havn't followed the Browns but the consensus is he makes stupid mistakes, like Wentz, when the game is on the line). Nobody I have read thinks he can elevate those around him. I see him as a one year rental and the breakup being traumatic. He would cost about 18 million, which is to much. I definitely could be wrong and he could being held back by coaching, that was the gamble we made on Wentz and I don't think we can lose another gamble like that an be ok.

I don't think there are QBs that are definitely better players available now. I think there are some probably as good and a lot cheaper to acquire. Since I am not excited about any of these guys I'd just as soon not spend capital on getting them.

Puck
03-20-2022, 10:58 AM
I don't hate the guy, I just don't think he is the answer. He is short, doesn't have great athletic ability and doesn't have a great arm. The knock on him has been the same as Wentz, lousy in clutch situations (I havn't followed the Browns but the consensus is he makes stupid mistakes, like Wentz, when the game is on the line). Nobody I have read thinks he can elevate those around him. I see him as a one year rental and the breakup being traumatic. He would cost about 18 million, which is to much. I definitely could be wrong and he could being held back by coaching, that was the gamble we made on Wentz and I don't think we can lose another gamble like that an be ok.

I don't think there are QBs that are definitely better players available now. I think there are some probably as good and a lot cheaper to acquire. Since I am not excited about any of these guys I'd just as soon not spend capital on getting them.

Baker actually has a very big arm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=852M3P-ORnM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd3bJ9gvD44

Hoopsdoc
03-20-2022, 11:13 AM
How hard can it be to get ahold of Jim?

I’d say that depends on how high Jim is.

Oldcolt
03-20-2022, 11:30 AM

Now you are talking me into Mayfield. Thanks alot Puck

Lov2fish
03-20-2022, 11:33 AM
I’d say that depends on how high Jim is.

Huge difference between Snoop-Dog high and Willie Nelson high.

apballin
03-20-2022, 12:18 PM

When was his arm ever in question?

He has always had zip on his passes even last season with half a shoulder

IndyNorm
03-20-2022, 12:22 PM
Huge difference between Snoop-Dog high and Willie Nelson high.

For clarity: who are you saying is more high?

JAFF
03-20-2022, 01:00 PM

When are they not high

CletusPyle
03-20-2022, 01:27 PM

https://c.tenor.com/jXgVS2OQbh4AAAAd/davis-the-warp-zone.gif

Puck
03-20-2022, 01:54 PM
https://c.tenor.com/jXgVS2OQbh4AAAAd/davis-the-warp-zone.gif

Ha

JaMarcus Russell Jeff George and Ryan Leaf all had big arms too. LOL

IndyNorm
03-20-2022, 01:56 PM
Ha

JaMarcus Russell Jeff George and Ryan Leaf all had big arms too. LOL

They were also drafted 1st, 1st, and 2nd proving that tanking for a QB doesn't necessarily work out.

apballin
03-20-2022, 02:01 PM
That were also drafted 1st, 1st, and 2nd proving that tanking for a QB doesn't necessarily work out.

And baker has already won more playoff games than all of them combined

Dewey 5
03-20-2022, 02:26 PM
And baker has already won more playoff games than all of them combined

I think George has one playoff win for the Vikings.

Lov2fish
03-20-2022, 02:36 PM

He asked if Jim Irsay was high.

JAFF
03-20-2022, 03:38 PM
When was his arm ever in question?

He has always had zip on his passes even last season with half a shoulder

He had a full shoulder, since everyone gets two at birth. Injured his left, doesnt hurt his throwing

apballin
03-20-2022, 03:38 PM
I think George has one playoff win for the Vikings.

I think your right I forgot he played with Moss

Ok so Baker has won the same amount as all 3 of them already

JAFF
03-20-2022, 03:40 PM
They were also drafted 1st, 1st, and 2nd proving that tanking for a QB doesn't necessarily work out.

Not knowing a player from an asshole was the problem.

IndyNorm
03-20-2022, 04:17 PM
He asked if Jim Irsay was high.

Yeah, got that. Then you replied that there's a big difference between Snoop Dog high and Willie Nelson high. So I was asking which of those two is more high? Maybe that's a quote from a movie I haven't seen??

apballin
03-20-2022, 04:46 PM
He had a full shoulder, since everyone gets two at birth. Injured his left, doesnt hurt his throwing

He played with a harness on his non throwing shoulder

Say whatever you will but that’s gutsy and that’s who I want playing QB a guy u have to drag off the field

Baker seems to just be one of those guys if he’s on your team you love him but if he’s not you hate him

Lov2fish
03-20-2022, 06:54 PM
Yeah, got that. Then you replied that there's a big difference between Snoop Dog high and Willie Nelson high. So I was asking which of those two is more high? Maybe that's a quote from a movie I haven't seen??

Snoop is high but can still function. Willie's high is balled up in the fetal position on the floor wondering how you got there.

bigalbert
03-20-2022, 07:33 PM
I think if Baker comes here and plays the way he has proven he can in his football career. We’re all gonna have a helluva lotta fun with Puck.

YDFL Commish
03-20-2022, 08:16 PM
He played with a harness on his non throwing shoulder

Say whatever you will but that’s gutsy and that’s who I want playing QB a guy u have to drag off the field

Baker seems to just be one of those guys if he’s on your team you love him but if he’s not you hate him

By your reasoning, then Wentz should still be our starting QB, because he played on two sprained ankles.

A leader does what is best for the team, not what is best for his rep.

apballin
03-20-2022, 08:46 PM
By your reasoning, then Wentz should still be our starting QB, because he played on two sprained ankles.

A leader does what is best for the team, not what is best for his rep.

After he pulled himself out of the game vs the Rams

I’m guessing he received a nice message from the owner after that which is why he decided to get tough the rest of the season

Baker steps up in the big moments Carson coward down

IndyNorm
03-20-2022, 08:51 PM
Snoop is high but can still function. Willie's high is balled up in the fetal position on the floor wondering how you got there.

I disagree on your assessment of Willie. He functions damn well for a ~90 year old pothead.

Lov2fish
03-20-2022, 09:01 PM
I disagree on your assessment of Willie. He functions damn well for a ~90 year old pothead.

Him, yes. Me or other mere mortals smoking his stuff, not so much. Hell, there are even songs about it. I'll never smoke weed with Willie again. :)

YDFL Commish
03-20-2022, 09:08 PM
After he pulled himself out of the game vs the Rams

I’m guessing he received a nice message from the owner after that which is why he decided to get tough the rest of the season

Baker steps up in the big moments Carson coward down

Show me any evidence that Baker has stepped up in big moments and not shit the bed and then I'll warm up to him.

apballin
03-20-2022, 10:41 PM
So this season (playing injured) they were 5-5 in games separated by a TD or less

But the year before he was 10-3 in such matchups with under 2 min to go he went 10-13 161 yards 2 tds 0 int Qb rating of 91.9

Not to mention one of the greatest Monday night games I’ve ever seen when him and Lamar go shot for shot and Lamar came back and saved the Ravens

Hes gone toe to toe with all the elite QBs in the afc he was 2-0 vs the Bengals this year

Puck
03-20-2022, 11:37 PM
Him, yes. Me or other mere mortals smoking his stuff, not so much. Hell, there are even songs about it. I'll never smoke weed with Willie again. :)

I'd smoke weed with Willy. Hell i'll smoke it without Willy

Edibles are legal now so WHO cares At least near me

Sativa rules