PDA

View Full Version : Add RG to the needs list - Glow signs with the Giants for 3 years, $20MM

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
03-14-2022, 07:42 PM
Guess the Colts need to lock up Reed now or plug in Pinter as the replacement.

How high should the Colts go with a new Reed contract?

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1503509298906865669

Former Colts OL Mark Glowinski has agreed to terms with the Giants. He gets 3 years for $20M with $11.4M fully guaranteed.

https://twitter.com/JoelAErickson/status/1503510259742220302

The question now is what’s happening with Chris Reed. Wasn’t a ton happening on that front earlier, but a lot of guards have come off the board.

IndyNorm
03-14-2022, 07:59 PM
Not surprising. Hope Pinter's up for it and that Ballard can find a new suitable backup for Kelly. Also, need to re-sign Reed.

Dam8610
03-14-2022, 09:19 PM
Reed and Pinter are more than suitable for RG, maybe even an upgrade.

Lov2fish
03-14-2022, 09:28 PM
I like Glows grit and toughness, but I honestly think Pinter and Reed are better and would slide right in at RG.

Racehorse
03-14-2022, 09:29 PM

Glow was only successful here. He will flop in NY.

IndyNorm
03-14-2022, 09:37 PM
I like Glows grit and toughness, but I honestly think Pinter and Reed are better and would slide right in at RG.

Reeds an UFA too. Hopefully Ballard doesn't let him walk as well :cool:

Lov2fish
03-14-2022, 09:40 PM
Reeds an UFA too. Hopefully Ballard doesn't let him walk as well :cool:

Reed ain't going anywhere. He proved his presence on the field and a new contract.

Ironshaft
03-14-2022, 09:44 PM
Reed ain't going anywhere. He proved his presence on the field and a new contract.
If that is true, Reed would be signed. But he is not.

I would not be surprised if he were signed away from us.

rcubed
03-14-2022, 09:47 PM
Better get reed signed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldcolt
03-14-2022, 11:07 PM
Not worried about R guard. Worried about LT, at least on the line.

IndyNorm
03-14-2022, 11:23 PM

Hope that you're right, but the fact that we haven't re-signed him yet could say otherwise :cool:

daedge
03-15-2022, 04:58 AM
Meh. Glow loves to hold, and he certainly regressed the past season.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
03-15-2022, 09:51 AM

I think most would agree that Reed outplayed Glow for a good part of last season.

However, Glow has been extremely durable during the last few years with the Colts. He did his best to stay on the field and played through injuries.

Reed has had a few injuries over his NFL career and has spent time on IR. Pinter has also had an injury or two during his time with the Colts although I don't believe he has officially been placed on the IR list yet. If the plan is to go with Reed or Pinter, it might be wise to find a capable back-up.

ukcolt
03-15-2022, 11:40 AM
I would imagine we are looking to try to re-sign Reed, to at least continue in his backup role. That might be the problem, he may have outplayed that role and be looking for starter money (can't say i would blame him for that either). So we could end up with Pinter and the backup being Will Fries.

With Reed and Pryor both being Free Agents, maybe Carter O'Donnell gets more of a shot at playing time, he was called up to the roster for the week 16 game, but didn't play.

At the moment our offensive line consists of:

Tackles
Braden Smith, Carter O'Donnell, some dude called Shon Coleman who hasn't played since 2017 and another 1st year player Jordan Murray who i have never heard of.

Guards
Quenton Nelson, Danny Pinter, Will Fries

Centre
Ryan Kelly

That's a REALLY bare cupboard regards any depth, there are only a total of 8 offensive lineman currently under contract with the Colts! Surely we need to resign both Reed and Pryor as a minimum and then bring in about 8 more guys to compete in one shape or another during training camp.