PDA

View Full Version : Colts QB in 2022

Puck
03-03-2022, 03:39 PM
Do you think Wentz's back? Sign a FA trade for a vet or draft.

Vote then add who/why/ and how they are acquired

Lov2fish
03-03-2022, 03:49 PM
Sam. There are no free agents out there I would want here. Definitely not a fan of throwing the kid in there, but they obviously saw something in him for him to still be here. Don't waste anymore money on has been quarterbacks discarded by other teams. If they worth leading a franchise they wouldn't be hitting the market. Win win. We find out what the kid has, or he improves draft position for the shoe.

YDFL Commish
03-03-2022, 03:58 PM
Draft Carson Strong.

Dump Wentz

Sign Trubisky or Bridgewater

apballin
03-03-2022, 04:09 PM
Jimmy G for a 3rd rounder

Cut Wentz because nobody is trading for him

Puck
03-03-2022, 04:51 PM
Jimmy G for a 3rd rounder

Cut Wentz because nobody is trading for him

He is having shoulder surgery. May not even be ready for offseason training. Highly doubt that he is coming here. And he's not enough if any of an upgrde to waste a 3rd round pick on

apballin
03-03-2022, 05:01 PM
He is having shoulder surgery. May not even be ready for offseason training. Highly doubt that he is coming here. And he's not enough if any of an upgrde to waste a 3rd round pick on

So what a minor shoulder surgery, he’ll be throwing by June, I’m not concerned about that, so you’re saying I can get him for a 4th or 5th hell that’s even better

He’s definitely an upgrade do I need to go down the list or you just simply looking at TD/INT ???

Oldcolt
03-03-2022, 05:25 PM
Don’t want to give up anything for Jimmy G. He will cost either player of draft choice. Have no idea who wins the Wentz argument going on with Colts. If not Wentz would like to take a chance on Trubisky. Not excited about any options we have.

Puck
03-03-2022, 05:41 PM
So what a minor shoulder surgery, he’ll be throwing by June, I’m not concerned about that, so you’re saying I can get him for a 4th or 5th hell that’s even better

He’s definitely an upgrade do I need to go down the list or you just simply looking at TD/INT ???

Jimmy couldn't win with all that talent around him. Wentz would have looked a hell of a lot better with those weapons.

Jimmy is not that good He is pretty though

CletusPyle
03-03-2022, 05:54 PM
I think the Colts are starting to realize that they have to go with Wentz for one more season...I still think there is a slight chance Wentz will be better next season!

apballin
03-03-2022, 05:59 PM
Jimmy couldn't win with all that talent around him. Wentz would have looked a hell of a lot better with those weapons.

Jimmy is not that good He is pretty though

He played in the NFC championship game lol

And exactly what” weapons “ Deebo Samuel and kittle?

What did Wentz win?

Puck
03-03-2022, 06:14 PM
He played in the NFC championship game lol

And exactly what” weapons “ Deebo Samuel and kittle?

What did Wentz win?

He won the game against Jimmy. If you dont think the 9ers have more weapons I don't know what to tell ya. Both on offense and defense. and they only won one more game than the colts

Playoffs?

172 yds no TD. 1 int. vs Cowboys
131 yds. no TD. and 1 INT vs the packers
232 yds 2 TD and 1 game losing INT vs Rams

9ers won in spite of Jimmy

Their D is very good

And if he is so good why would they give him up for a 3rd ?

He's not better than Wentz

Racehorse
03-03-2022, 06:47 PM
Draft Carson Strong.

Dump Wentz

Sign Trubisky or Bridgewater

Or Winston. One of those three to bridge the gap, or see if they can manage a game well enough to let the team carry him.

Racehorse
03-03-2022, 06:48 PM
Question is, "Who do I think?" I think we will be stuck with the loser one more year.

Who do I want? Not Wentz.

Puck
03-03-2022, 07:24 PM
Question is, "Who do I think?" I think we will be stuck with the loser one more year.

Who do I want? Not Wentz.

Think.

Should do another one with who do you want Wanted to try to keep them separated

omahacolt
03-03-2022, 07:26 PM
it will probably be wentz for one more year unfortunately. hope it is really anyone but wentz.

our options for qb next year are garbage. i would rather play a guy like mariota or trubisky that has athleticism and maybe won't be a disaster.

apballin
03-03-2022, 07:48 PM
He won the game against Jimmy. If you dont think the 9ers have more weapons I don't know what to tell ya. Both on offense and defense. and they only won one more game than the colts

Playoffs?

Their D is very good

Kittle and Trent Williams were out that game and it was pouring rain, oh yea and we have the best weapon on either team Jonathan Taylor

They drafted Trey Lance that’s why

I’ll give you the defense is better than ours but he’s a winner he gets the ball out quick and doesn’t turn it over like dumbass Wentz

Playoff experience, battle tested, doesn’t back down and cry when faced with competition. He beat Trey Lance out for the job he didn’t cry like a little bitch when they drafted a QB

Puck
03-03-2022, 07:54 PM
Kittle and Trent Williams were out that game and it was pouring rain, oh yea and we have the best weapon on either team Jonathan Taylor

They drafted Trey Lance that’s why

I’ll give you the defense is better than ours but he’s a winner he gets the ball out quick and doesn’t turn it over like dumbass Wentz

Playoff experience, battle tested, doesn’t back down and cry when faced with competition. He beat Trey Lance out for the job he didn’t cry like a little bitch when they drafted a QB

You forgot misses games due to injury and turns it over more than Wentz

And I would trade JT straight up for Deebo right now. And I love JT

Racehorse
03-03-2022, 08:04 PM
it will probably be wentz for one more year unfortunately. hope it is really anyone but wentz.

our options for qb next year are garbage. i would rather play a guy like mariota or trubisky that has athleticism and maybe won't be a disaster.

Preach it!

smitty46953
03-03-2022, 08:21 PM
I am not a fan of Wentz, but after using our 1st and 3rd round picks on the guy I think they will give him one more year. Hoping for ton of improvement and a brain transplant.. :cool:

apballin
03-03-2022, 08:45 PM
You forgot misses games due to injury and turns it over more than Wentz

And I would trade JT straight up for Deebo right now. And I love JT

No fuckin way, it’s Taylor’s team now he masked a lot of Wentz stupid decisions

And Wentz is always hurt and likely to get hurt playing hero ball all the goddam time

Puck
03-03-2022, 09:02 PM
No fuckin way, it’s Taylor’s team now he masked a lot of Wentz stupid decisions

And Wentz is always hurt and likely to get hurt playing hero ball all the goddam time

You're nuts if you think a RB is more important than a multi talented WR.

JT is important to this team for sure. But we wont win a SB depending on a RB to do it.

Don't believe me? Who were the top RB's in the playoffs this yr?

Wentz didn't miss a game all season. Played on 2 badly sprained ankles

How about Jimmy? missed a few games and Oh yea he's going in for surgery on his PASSING shoulder.

I'm OK to get rid of Wentz. But NO WAY am I on board for JG over Wentz and draft picks

Puck
03-03-2022, 09:06 PM
And you know what REALLY pisses me off????? We could have had Deebo but instead took Rock.

HOLY FUCK

apballin
03-03-2022, 09:22 PM
You're nuts if you think a RB is more important than a multi talented WR.

JT is important to this team for sure. But we wont win a SB depending on a RB to do it.

Don't believe me? Who were the top RB's in the playoffs this yr?

Wentz didn't miss a game all season. Played on 2 badly sprained ankles

How about Jimmy? missed a few games and Oh yea he's going in for surgery on his PASSING shoulder.

I'm OK to get rid of Wentz. But NO WAY am I on board for JG over Wentz and draft picks

Oh like when Wentz pulled himself out in week 1 on the FINAL drive

I’m done with Wentz I don’t care if it’s Jimmy g or not I’ve seen what he has to offer and we gave up a 1st for what he produced….

Similar numbers to Brisset 18td 6int 60% comp. In 15 games starting season for us

I’d prefer a QB with some playoff experience that doesn’t fold or do dumbshit in crunch time

Chromeburn
03-03-2022, 10:04 PM
And you know what REALLY pisses me off????? We could have had Deebo but instead took Rock.

HOLY FUCK

I was screaming for Deebo. Thought he would be really good.

Brylok
03-03-2022, 10:56 PM
I voted Trubisky for three reasons:
1. He's been in Buffalo and they like him.
2. He's a FA, 27 (I think), and still might develop
into something.
3. He isn't Wentz.

That's it. That's all. I never watch the Bears, so I don't know if I've ever even seen him play. I've read opinions about him and, being kind, they're mixed at best. I mentioned him a couple of weeks ago but never really thought it would become an actual choice. Ultimately, I think there will be a shitstorm of complaints regardless of what they do. Lordy, what a mess!

rcubed
03-04-2022, 01:06 AM

Agree, I am done with wentz but am not interested in trading any pics for a lateral-ish move at QB. Maybe if they got a clear upgrade…

Racehorse
03-04-2022, 07:28 AM
I am not a fan of Wentz, but after using our 1st and 3rd round picks on the guy I think they will give him one more year. Hoping for ton of improvement and a brain transplant.. :cool:

Sadly, I think you are right

MeSayDayo
03-04-2022, 09:14 AM
Personally I am okay with Trubisky and I also wish we could bring him in WITH Wentz. What I am reading is that he will cost 10-15 million a year, and if true, we wont be able to afford it.
If we dump Carson though...give him a try for all the aforementioned reasons. He played really well in certain scenarios in Chicago. He is athletic, strong arm, but I may worry about his ability to process and read the D, like Wentz. Same with Winston. These guys were all very high draft picks because of their intangibles, but ultimately all lack the most important intangible (brains). That is something I have heard Sam Ehlinger has in droves, for what it's worth.

Dam8610
03-05-2022, 02:49 AM

HOLY FUCK

Could've had DK Metcalf instead of Parris Campbell as well.

IndyNorm
03-05-2022, 10:27 AM
I voted Trubisky for three reasons:
1. He's been in Buffalo and they like him.
2. He's a FA, 27 (I think), and still might develop
into something.
3. He isn't Wentz.

That's it. That's all. I never watch the Bears, so I don't know if I've ever even seen him play. I've read opinions about him and, being kind, they're mixed at best. I mentioned him a couple of weeks ago but never really thought it would become an actual choice. Ultimately, I think there will be a shitstorm of complaints regardless of what they do. Lordy, what a mess!

FWIW this guy agrees with you on Trubisky:

https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/news/espn-insider-predicts-mitchell-trubisky-quarterback-buffalo-bills

Dam8610
03-05-2022, 11:25 AM
If they're going the free agency route for QB, I'd rather they take the home run swing with Winston than sign a guy like Bridgewater or especially Trubisky. Winston has the talent to develop into a franchise guy, and looked to be doing so before he got hurt under Sean Payton. And if he gets hurt or is a turnover machine again, he raises your draft stock. It seems like the perfect boom or bust move that gets the Colts to a franchise QB faster either way.

JAFF
03-05-2022, 04:16 PM
If they're going the free agency route for QB, I'd rather they take the home run swing with Winston than sign a guy like Bridgewater or especially Trubisky. Winston has the talent to develop into a franchise guy, and looked to be doing so before he got hurt under Sean Payton. And if he gets hurt or is a turnover machine again, he raises your draft stock. It seems like the perfect boom or bust move that gets the Colts to a franchise QB faster either way.

When he is on the field, he has big play ability. With the Colts O line and Taylor, it would make running play action a dream.

Brylok
03-05-2022, 06:02 PM
FWIW this guy agrees with you on Trubisky:

https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/news/espn-insider-predicts-mitchell-trubisky-quarterback-buffalo-bills

I have no idea what they're going to do, and I'm not advocating for Trubisky to come. I'm just being realistic as to who we can get.

JAFF
03-05-2022, 06:24 PM
I have no idea what they're going to do, and I'm not advocating for Trubisky to come. I'm just being realistic as to who we can get.

Realistic? In this place? Wwwhhhhhhaaaaaaatttttt?….

Oldcolt
03-05-2022, 06:56 PM
No matter who we end up with we will have a shittier QB than elite teams we play. We need to improve this team in so many areas if we are going to have any chance whatsoever. It will be impossible without a ton of development of our young guys. These coach hires are incredibly important

Brylok
03-06-2022, 01:44 AM
Realistic? In this place? Wwwhhhhhhaaaaaaatttttt?….

There are still some people over on dotcom who think Luck is coming back. I'm like WTF?? Just delusional.

Brylok
03-06-2022, 01:45 AM
No matter who we end up with we will have a shittier QB than elite teams we play. We need to improve this team in so many areas if we are going to have any chance whatsoever. It will be impossible without a ton of development of our young guys. These coach hires are incredibly important

Yep. And they're hiring former players for coaching positions. Yikes.

IndyNorm
03-06-2022, 11:05 AM

Playoffs?

Their D is very good

The 49ers have nowhere near the plethora of receiving weapons you seem to think they do. Samual and Kittle are great, no doubt. Their WR2 Aiyuk (at least statistically) is pretty good. After that there's a huge dropoff. Their 4th most productive receiver in '21 was a FB who racked up a total of 296 yards which is 17 ypg.

Also, while our receiving core definitely needs some upgrading especially at WR2, Wentz's inability to distribute the ball really hurt their production. I did a quick YoY analysis of yards per game for our receivers between '20 and '21 and most of the drop offs are staggering:

TY -35%
Pascal -39%
Hines -39%
MAC -29%
TE3 (Burton/Granson) -68%, although some of that is probably due to vet vs. rookie.

I don't think Jimmy G is our savior, but he's better than Wentz. Mostly b/c of how bad Wentz is.

Dam8610
03-06-2022, 01:12 PM

If they sign Winston and the light finishes coming on, that might not be the case. That's basically the only hope at this point, though, and it's not much of one.

JAFF
03-06-2022, 01:26 PM
Yep. And they're hiring former players for coaching positions. Yikes.

Because a former player like Dungy was a huge mistake

albany ed
03-07-2022, 10:39 AM
I believe March 18 is the drop dead date for CW's money to kick in. If they could trade him before then, it would be cool. If they can't trade him, I'm not in favor of just releasing him to save that money. I'd say trade or keep is my feeling. If you release him, you're not going to replace him with a SB caliber QB, so why bother?

Brylok
03-07-2022, 12:03 PM
Two more weeks of this crap. Can't wait.

Oldcolt
03-07-2022, 03:17 PM

These last few weeks have been the definition of nobody knows nothing. Yet everyone (I am alluding to sports talking heads, not freaks. We get to talk about shit we know nothing about all the time-like this opinion of mine. Otherwise what is the use of this forum?) talks as if they 'know' Wentz is gone. I think the reality is exactly what the Colts have said, they are making up their minds as I write this. That in and of itself is a damning admission to Wentz, and the Colts know that. The fact that they have let it be known that they have recently met with Wentz, with nothing leaking that it was a meeting to tell him he was gone, indicates to me that they are still making up their minds. The Colts front office does not seem like they would play games with the man, if they brought him in to talk they still are looking at him as an option. I would expect that talking to Wentz would be one of the last things they would do, after evaluation of what is available, before they make their decisions. I would think that if they wanted another QB on another team now is the time to call and see what it costs. I don't like this situation at all, the front office screwed up big time by trading for this asshole. I do, however, love how what appears to be the process that they are going through to find out what the best course of action is. Maybe a better way of stating that is what is the least shitty course of action available. I hope they can pull this off but it is a heavy lift.

Whatever decision the Colts make will be very easy to criticize. They don't have a good a good one.

rcubed
03-07-2022, 03:35 PM
the front office screwed up big time by trading for this asshole. .

I was alright with them giving wentza shot. I thought, as some did, that a new team with reich might reset wentz to an extent.

The problem was the compensation, we gave up too much. It sounds like we basically bid against ourselves and ballard got fleeced a bit. But, I guess that will happen when trading for a starting QB. Hopefully ballard can navigate a way out of this mess but I dont really see how, in the short term at least.

Oldcolt
03-07-2022, 04:26 PM
I also was ok with them giving him a chance. I was wrong also, but in my defense I am not a professional evaluator with the resources the Colts have. To me it is how the decision ended up. For whatever reason I think it turned out to be a shitty decision, one I probably would have made. Just because I would have made the same decision doesn't mean it wasn't a shitty one. I make plenty of shitty decisions.

Ironshaft
03-07-2022, 04:58 PM
In the end, Ballard's QB decisions have been:

Year 1 - 2019 - Roll with Jacoby Biscuit because his superstar QB retired 2 weeks before the season.

Year 2 - 2020 - Sign an effective but aged Phillip Rivers. Turned out Phil could still be effective and we made the playoffs. Lots of warts but he played well in his twilight season.

Year 3 - 2021 - Trade for wonderkid potential in Carson Wentz. Thought it would be effective but was shown that it was not.

Year 4 - 2022 - ???

For as much as I want to rail at Andrew Luck for retiring, I cannot. These guys are modern day gladiators out here selling their health for our entertainment. I could argue that the HOW he did it sucked but the why? Yeah, not me to judge.

JB had every chance to show that he deserved the starting job and flubbed his season long audition.

PR was an aging wonder who did well but at the end, was on his last tank of gas. Solid move by Ballard that gave us a great chance to win but not a deep playoff run.

CW? Yeah, miss. He has it all except the most important 6 inches between his ears. I saw multiple young QBs in the playoffs WILL their teams to scores in the waning seconds of their games. They said "put the team on my shoulders" and they delivered time and again. I saw that and knew that CW is not that guy.

In the end, do I blame Ballard and Reich for the loss of resources we traded away for an ineffective player? Yeah, but I don't blame them much. It was a good gamble to take and it just did not pay off.

But I don't blame Ballard for trying. He has been trying to fix QB ever since Luck retired and has tried to do it pretty well. He just rolled snake eyes on Wentz.

Puck
03-07-2022, 05:25 PM
Maybe give Wentz some weapons plus protection and let him play to his strengths. Which is not the short passing game IMO.

rcubed
03-07-2022, 05:33 PM
These guys are modern day gladiators out here selling their health for our entertainment.

wellllll....there is that $109M

Oldcolt
03-07-2022, 05:48 PM
wellllll....there is that $109M

Not a heck of a lot of fun spending it if CTE is your reality. Whatever these guys are paid is fine with me considering the chances they take with the state of their future minds. They are not compensated enough in my view.

njcoltfan
03-08-2022, 06:51 AM

Year 1 - 2019 - Roll with Jacoby Biscuit because his superstar QB retired 2 weeks before the season.

Year 2 - 2020 - Sign an effective but aged Phillip Rivers. Turned out Phil could still be effective and we made the playoffs. Lots of warts but he played well in his twilight season.

Year 3 - 2021 - Trade for wonderkid potential in Carson Wentz. Thought it would be effective but was shown that it was not.

Year 4 - 2022 - ???

For as much as I want to rail at Andrew Luck for retiring, I cannot. These guys are modern day gladiators out here selling their health for our entertainment. I could argue that the HOW he did it sucked but the why? Yeah, not me to judge.

JB had every chance to show that he deserved the starting job and flubbed his season long audition.

PR was an aging wonder who did well but at the end, was on his last tank of gas. Solid move by Ballard that gave us a great chance to win but not a deep playoff run.

CW? Yeah, miss. He has it all except the most important 6 inches between his ears. I saw multiple young QBs in the playoffs WILL their teams to scores in the waning seconds of their games. They said "put the team on my shoulders" and they delivered time and again. I saw that and knew that CW is not that guy.

In the end, do I blame Ballard and Reich for the loss of resources we traded away for an ineffective player? Yeah, but I don't blame them much. It was a good gamble to take and it just did not pay off.

But I don't blame Ballard for trying. He has been trying to fix QB ever since Luck retired and has tried to do it pretty well. He just rolled snake eyes on Wentz.
I kind of agree, but if Ballard brings Wentz back, and he has another shitty year, both Ballard and Wentz should be sent packing !!! Its going on 4 years since Luck left and the Colt's are still just treading water in search of a QB.

Puck
03-08-2022, 01:06 PM
I kind of agree, but if Ballard brings Wentz back, and he has another shitty year, both Ballard and Wentz should be sent packing !!! Its going on 4 years since Luck left and the Colt's are still just treading water in search of a QB.

Unless Irsay is in on the decision and understands that there is no upgrade available and this may be a down year again.

There are no upgrades available to the Colts. Reports are that Ballard did call about Rogers, I am sure he is calling about Wilson and Carr also.

After they are eventually ruled out then Wentz is the best option.

Wentz would have been more expensive this yr than last yr if all the circumstances were the same

NOTE Rogers is staying in GB. 200 million for 4 years

YDFL Commish
03-08-2022, 01:23 PM
Look, let's say Trubisky or Bridgewater or whoever, can come in at half the cost of Wentz, isn't that still a win for the Colts?

Colts And Orioles
03-08-2022, 02:26 PM
o

Not that there was much of a chance of him coming to the Colts, but for what it's worth ......

Aaron Rodgers Staying with Green Bay Packers on 4-Year Deal

(By Tom Silverstein)

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2022/03/08/aaron-rodgers-staying-green-bay-packers/6922833001/

o

Colts And Orioles
03-08-2022, 02:27 PM
o

Not that there was much of a chance of him coming to the Colts, but for what it's worth ......

Aaron Rodgers Staying with Green Bay Packers on 4-Year Deal

(By Tom Silverstein)

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2022/03/08/aaron-rodgers-staying-green-bay-packers/6922833001/

o
o

Also, we have a thread for this in the NFL section ......

http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=225233#post225233

o

smitty46953
03-08-2022, 02:41 PM
No car payment for Rodgers

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Brylok
03-08-2022, 02:45 PM
NOTE Rogers is staying in GB. 200 million for 4 years

$150M of that is guaranteed, too. RIP Packers with that contract lol.

Brylok
03-08-2022, 03:00 PM
Russell Wilson is a Bronco! No exact details yet, but the deal allegedly involves multiple first round picks, a physical, and Wilson's approval.

nate505
03-08-2022, 03:01 PM
Not that I thought they were going to get Wilson or Rogers, but there goes Wilson and Rogers.

Spike
03-08-2022, 03:22 PM
Russell Wilson is a Bronco! No exact details yet, but the deal allegedly involves multiple first round picks, a physical, and Wilson's approval.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1501275849873625091?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

#Broncos get: Russell Wilson and a fourth-rounder.
#Seahawks get: 2 first-rounders and 2 second-rounders, a fifth-rounder, Drew Lock, Shelby Harris and Noah Fant.

rcubed
03-08-2022, 03:33 PM
Not a heck of a lot of fun spending it if CTE is your reality. Whatever these guys are paid is fine with me considering the chances they take with the state of their future minds. They are not compensated enough in my view.
oh I agree. but their salaries cannot be discounted, its not like they are doing this just for the love of the game or for our entertainment.

they now know the risks going in. that being said I would never fault any player retiring "early" to preserves their health.

njcoltfan
03-08-2022, 03:50 PM
Would you inquire about Jordan Love ??

ChaosTheory
03-08-2022, 03:51 PM
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1501275849873625091?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

#Broncos get: Russell Wilson and a fourth-rounder.
#Seahawks get: 2 first-rounders and 2 second-rounders, a fifth-rounder, Drew Lock, Shelby Harris and Noah Fant.

Pretty good haul for SEA. Depending on how much you value Goff, it's more than what DET got for Stafford. Knee-jerk reaction is I somehow thought it was going to be even more expensive than that.

Apparently Rodgers' money isn't official yet, but assume it's true... they're saying his cap hit will reduce from the $46m or whatever it is. I guess I don't understand the cap more than I thought.

Puck
03-08-2022, 04:02 PM
would you inquire about jordan love ??

no no no. No no no

Kray007
03-08-2022, 04:24 PM
Look, let's say Trubisky or Bridgewater or whoever, can come in at half the cost of Wentz, isn't that still a win for the Colts?

Not if you have to sign them to a long term contract.

Kray007
03-08-2022, 04:37 PM

Welcome to the reality of life in the NFL. Great Quarterbacks don’t grow on trees. It took the Colts the better part of two decades to find a successor to Bert Jones. The Dolphins have had zilch since Marino. The Broncos have been reduced to taking stabs at great players in the twilight of their careers.

Dam8610
03-08-2022, 05:36 PM
Welcome to the reality of life in the NFL. Great Quarterbacks don’t grow on trees. It took the Colts the better part of two decades to find a successor to Bert Jones. The Dolphins have had zilch since Marino. The Broncos have been reduced to taking stabs at great players in the twilight of their careers.

Wilson is 33, he's got 5+ years left by modern standards.

JAFF
03-08-2022, 06:25 PM
Wilson is 33, he's got 5+ years left by modern standards.

And he is going to Denver

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33454258/sources-seattle-seahawks-trade-qb-russell-wilson-denver-broncos

Discflinger
03-09-2022, 06:18 AM
Can they still get out of the AFC West? We’ll see.

Sorry; I forgot that half the nfl goes to the playoffs now.

Chromeburn
03-09-2022, 10:03 AM

Year 4 - 2022 - ???

It’s really been two years. Just feels like forever. Rivers was a stopgap who decided to hang it up. Wentz was a gamble the coach pushed for.

Stuff I more blame Ballard for is not drafting a LT after Castonzo was even hinting at retirement. Or keeping so much cap room with obvious holes that need filling.

apballin
03-09-2022, 11:12 AM
Still hoping for Jimmy G

An interesting side note Desmond Ridders high school coach was Will Wolford

Brylok
03-09-2022, 01:49 PM
What a fucking mess.

ChaosTheory
03-09-2022, 06:00 PM
I'm very curious what the move is now. Wentz off the books gives us $70m to work with. Now some of these lateral moves are a lot more palatable.

Rodgers and Wilson are set and I don't see McDaniels bailing on Carr. So Watson seems to be the only upgrade available. I live north of Houston, so I get plenty of Texans exposure and local perspective concerning Watson...

A.) Who knows what his legal status will be. Grand jury on Friday.

B.) He's an upgrade over Wentz because he's more elusive/athletic than Wentz and a bit more accurate.

C.) A lot of the same shit we didn't like about Wentz is present with Watson. Holding the ball, not processing and being decisive, give you a heart attack multiple times a game trying to extend plays, etc. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it hurts. Better than Wentz, but similar type of things.

D.) Character stuff gets brought up. Nothing crazy, but stuff like eyes-on-me first down gestures when you're down 21-0 in the second half of a playoff game against the Colts (that was a big one here).

E.) He hasn't played since 2020 and he'll be expensive. We have all the cap room we need, but it'll still cost picks and players.

That's a lot to consider. Otherwise, what? A lateral move for less money would allow you to go after guys like Armstead and whoever else. Is there even enough out there to go after that would make a lateral QB move produce a better team than last year?

Is the pie-in-the-sky best scenario now that Ehlinger can play football as well as these guys and none of that $70m has to be spent on QB?

nate505
03-09-2022, 06:33 PM
Still hoping for Jimmy G

I'm on the Garappolo bandwagon as well. I don't think he's great or anything, but right now unless there's some great talent the Colts can get, I just want competent, and I think he's that.

omahacolt
03-09-2022, 07:07 PM
I'm on the Garappolo bandwagon as well. I don't think he's great or anything, but right now unless there's some great talent the Colts can get, I just want competent, and I think he's that.

but at what cost?

i don't think he is worth what they will want for him

rcubed
03-09-2022, 07:10 PM
I didnt think they would be able to really move off of wentz easily, I thought we wouldnt be able to trade him and would play him by default or trade and eat salary making it a bit harder to sign whoever is our next QB.

Well.. since they were able to get rid of wentz with no money implications ballard seems to have a better situation to play with. I would hazard a guess that ballard does not want to trade any more picks because he loves his picks and got burnt last time around, this is especially relevant given the quality of QBs available. Therefore I think he will sign one of the FAs to a 2 year deal and try to draft our long term solution in the next two years, probably next years draft.

I will say trubisky. They will overpay a bit for a shorter term deal.

Oldcolt
03-09-2022, 07:28 PM
I’m just glad we don’t have to talk about this shit anymore. I’m hoping they will put some money into free agency and improve the rest of the team. Sign Trubinsky (he’s has been mediocre but has an overall winning record and has never had a decent coach) or another free agent. Don’t trade any assets for mediocre QBs (I’m looking at you Garappolo). Think Wentz was worth the shot, especially since they got off of him so quickly.

JAFF
03-09-2022, 07:48 PM
Could've had DK Metcalf instead of Parris Campbell as well.

I could have dated Christe Brinkley, but she would never return my calls

JAFF
03-09-2022, 07:50 PM
Still hoping for Jimmy G

They better sign Turbisky, because Jimmy G has trouble going 16 games a year

apballin
03-09-2022, 07:54 PM
They better sign Turbisky, because Jimmy G has trouble going 16 games a year

That’s why we have Ellingher, Jimmy isn’t worried about losing his job so he won’t play when he realizes he’s hurting the team unlike Carson

JAFF
03-09-2022, 08:00 PM
but at what cost?

He has a hard time staying healthy

YDFL Commish
03-09-2022, 08:04 PM
I didnt think they would be able to really move off of wentz easily, I thought we wouldnt be able to trade him and would play him by default or trade and eat salary making it a bit harder to sign whoever is our next QB.

Well.. since they were able to get rid of wentz with no money implications ballard seems to have a better situation to play with. I would hazard a guess that ballard does not want to trade any more picks because he loves his picks and got burnt last time around, this is especially relevant given the quality of QBs available. Therefore I think he will sign one of the FAs to a 2 year deal and try to draft our long term solution in the next two years, probably next years draft.

I will say trubisky. They will overpay a bit for a shorter term deal.

I agree. Stopgap it for a season or 2 and draft the guy you believe in.

IndyNorm
03-09-2022, 08:36 PM
but at what cost?

Yeah, considering what we're getting for Wentz Jimmy G might be out of Ballard's price range.

apballin
03-09-2022, 09:23 PM
Yeah, considering what we're getting for Wentz Jimmy G might be out of Ballard's price range.

What do think they’re asking for a QB they don’t want anymore coming off surgery???

We can basically send the Washington picks to them and it’s an even swap

ChaosTheory
03-11-2022, 10:38 AM
So apparently they are targeting Carr? I didn't see but I guess McAfee said that on his show yesterday.

I've read some Raiders fans sweating bullets over trading Carr. Bringing up how McDaniels went to Denver and immediately traded Cutler.

From LV's perspective... there's two ways to speculate I suppose... Either they have to have Carr because the division is loaded at QB and no bad teams. Or McDaniels is thinking longer term, takes a haul for Carr, and builds from there.

Wishful thinking on my part, I'm sure.

apballin
03-11-2022, 03:58 PM
So apparently they are targeting Carr? I didn't see but I guess McAfee said that on his show yesterday.

I've read some Raiders fans sweating bullets over trading Carr. Bringing up how McDaniels went to Denver and immediately traded Cutler.

From LV's perspective... there's two ways to speculate I suppose... Either they have to have Carr because the division is loaded at QB and no bad teams. Or McDaniels is thinking longer term, takes a haul for Carr, and builds from there.

I’m fine with Carr, but what’s the cost?

I mean if it’s a 3rd for Jimmy vs a Twos 2nd for Carr I’d still roll with Jimmy

Spike
03-11-2022, 05:19 PM
but at what cost?

He sure as hell isn't.

albany ed
03-11-2022, 05:35 PM
Bottom line, I don't see any of the possible 2022 QBs being of SB level, so I've no wish to see the Colts trade for one of them. Roll with a free agent, but don't give up any more players or draft picks to get less than a stud QB.

Spike
03-11-2022, 05:49 PM
What do think they’re asking for a QB they don’t want anymore coming off surgery???

We can basically send the Washington picks to them and it’s an even swap

No way I would send the Washington picks for Jimmy G. Sign a free agent or go with a draft pick.

ChaosTheory
03-11-2022, 05:50 PM
I’m fine with Carr, but what’s the cost?

I mean if it’s a 3rd for Jimmy vs a Twos 2nd for Carr I’d still roll with Jimmy

Well, that's the question. This is all assuming he's even actually on the market. I don't like Garoppolo like some of you guys do. On-the-field reasons are enough, but the fact that he's only started 19 out of a possible 80 games for SF is pretty scary. That said; I can't imagine Garoppolo going for a 3rd with this many teams in play.

Anyway, yeah, Carr would probably cost something that would sting. Of course, there's a lot of room between the two 3rd's that Wentz pulled and the truckload that Wilson pulled. I couldn't even guess Carr's cost other than to say it'll be in between Wentz and Wilson.

Carr is not a top-of-the-line guy, but he's a lot better than Wentz. And notably, compared to Wentz, his accuracy and panic-level are desirable. As bad as things ended up for us... how close was our 9-win season to a 10-, 11-, 12-win season even with Wentz?

apballin
03-11-2022, 06:01 PM
No way I would send the Washington picks for Jimmy G. Sign a free agent or go with a draft pick.

What free agent?

I don’t want any of the listed free agents they’re all just Wentz all over again yes we’d get to keep the picks but that’s not gonna matter unless we figure out the QB

IndyNorm
03-11-2022, 06:28 PM

If McDickface is realistic then he'll probably at least look to move Carr and begin the rebuild, but there are probably 2 things that will hold that up. One is his ego, which I'm sure has him thinking that the Raiders will greatly improve under his coaching. The other is that he's probably not going to get anything near for Carr what he got for Cutler, which was 2 1sts, a 3rd, and the current Bears' starting QB (Orton).

CletusPyle
03-11-2022, 06:32 PM
McDirtbag will not do the Colts any favors, if Carr was smart he would demand a trade and not even play for McAsshole, he will screw him over in the end!

Dam8610
03-11-2022, 06:39 PM
What free agent?

I don’t want any of the listed free agents they’re all just Wentz all over again yes we’d get to keep the picks but that’s not gonna matter unless we figure out the QB

Sign Winston, it's the only play left that isn't basically punting the 2022 season.

IndyNorm
03-11-2022, 06:46 PM
Sign Winston, it's the only play left that isn't basically punting the 2022 season.

If we go FA I wouldn't mind seeing us bring Trubisky in. It could be that his improvement in Buffalo is total BS, but if Daboll is really looking to bring Trubisky with him to NYG then there's probably some truth there.

apballin
03-11-2022, 10:57 PM

If we’re going free agents I’d choose Mariota over all of them

Winston has a lot of the same issues Wentz had as far as holding the ball too long and looking for the home run

Spike
03-11-2022, 11:28 PM
What free agent?

I'm just saying I wouldn't give up the picks for an injury prone average QB. People who haven't watched Jimmy G every week don't know that he is not the answer either. JG has missed 24 games in the past 4 years and is now coming off of shoulder surgery.

Like Dam stated, I would probably go Winston, hell give him a shot. I'm just not convinced about giving up draft picks for any QB that is not that much better than Wentz.

apballin
03-12-2022, 12:45 AM
I'm just saying I wouldn't give up the picks for an injury prone average QB. People who haven't watched Jimmy G every week don't know that he is not the answer either. JG has missed 24 games in the past 4 years and is now coming off of shoulder surgery.

Like Dam stated, I would probably go Winston, hell give him a shot. I'm just not convinced about giving up draft picks for any QB that is not that much better than Wentz.

Winston is coming off an ACL and is notorious for holding the ball too long he played better for the Saints until he got injured but he was still holding the ball looking for the home run

If keeping picks is the priority then go with Mariota and sign armstead but at this point you just can’t replicate playoff experience…

Jimmy G is 33-14 as a starter 4-2 in the playoffs dude just wins and isn’t afraid of big moments

albany ed
03-12-2022, 08:23 AM
If we go FA I wouldn't mind seeing us bring Trubisky in. It could be that his improvement in Buffalo is total BS, but if Daboll is really looking to bring Trubisky with him to NYG then there's probably some truth there.

I am inclined to this as well. There are no sure things, but Trubisky intrigues me. He only had 13 starts in college, so if any QB coming into the NFL needed a year to acclimate it was Trubisky. Maybe he can still shine now that he's been in the league for a few years. Also, he's got speed, so he can handle the RPO that Reich is so fond of. Other than Trubisky, I wouldn't be pissed if they chose Mariota, he has even more speed than Trubisky, but I like Trubisky's potential a little bit more.

Mr. Session
03-12-2022, 08:26 AM
Am I retarded for thinking Matt Ryan should be in this discussion?

Atlanta needs to get out from his cap hit and I hear Indy has got the money… I think he would be about the best “stop gap” solution Indianapolis could hope for, assuming my ignorance of the salary cap implications related to this don’t make the transaction possible in the first place.

I’ve also lived in Atlanta longer than I lived in Indianapolis at this point, so maybe my perspective isn’t all that objective.

Racehorse
03-12-2022, 08:35 AM

Atlanta needs to get out from his cap hit and I hear Indy has got the money… I think he would be about the best “stop gap” solution Indianapolis could hope for, assuming my ignorance of the salary cap implications related to this don’t make the transaction possible in the first place.

I’ve also lived in Atlanta longer than I lived in Indianapolis at this point, so maybe my perspective isn’t all that objective.

I would take him, but he would cost a lot in draft capital. Carr, Ryan, Winston, or draft someone. In that order.

JAFF
03-12-2022, 08:41 AM
I am inclined to this as well. There are no sure things, but Trubisky intrigues me. He only had 13 starts in college, so if any QB coming into the NFL needed a year to acclimate it was Trubisky. Maybe he can still shine now that he's been in the league for a few years. Also, he's got speed, so he can handle the RPO that Reich is so fond of. Other than Trubisky, I wouldn't be pissed if they chose Mariota, he has even more speed than Trubisky, but I like Trubisky's potential a little bit more.

Mariotta cant get past one read before bailing out and running. He is the same guy right now as he was coming out of college. He is a back up.

CletusPyle
03-12-2022, 09:10 AM
I think Carr is the only one worth locking down to a long term contract, Colts could compete for the conference with him in my opinion. If they can't get Carr, and McAsswipe would probably agree to a trade and then change his mind at the last minute, then I'm not sure what you do? We can't waste JT for 2 or 3 years of his prime...I think they have to go after Carr hard or maybe there will be some FAs next season and you just bring in a one and done this year?

But I hope the Colts go after Carr very aggressively and force McDickface and the Raiders to pay Carr a king's ransom and be locked into him for years, because in my opinion they don't have the pieces in place that the Colts have for Carr to even win that division, let alone the conference! McDumbass will fail again and have to go running home to BB to be cuddled, powdered, and diapered!

rcubed
03-12-2022, 10:55 AM

I thought of him as well but agree with race that he may cost too much capital to get, especially if we are only thinking stop gap

Colts And Orioles
03-12-2022, 11:17 AM
Am I retarded ???

o

No.

o

IndyNorm
03-12-2022, 11:33 AM

Not a bad thought, but ATL's going to have a moving him this offseason b/c Ryan would count $40M in dead money towards the '22 cap (total cap hit is $48M). I could be wrong on this, but since his dead money is all from his signing bonus I don't think a trading partner can help with the cap hit.

Now they could move him after June 1st where (at least per OTC) his dead money for '22 would drop to $25M with $15M towards '23. Or more likely move on from Ryan next offseason where his dead money hit would be $15M.

ChaosTheory
03-12-2022, 12:37 PM
I've only seen a couple guys bring up Matt Ryan. I don't follow ATL much so I don't know where they're at as a team other than four straight losing seasons. I just read they dropped Ryan's cap hit down to $37m. That's still a motherfucker but I think it gives them $15m or so of space.

He'll be 37. Anybody know if there's word on how much longer he wants to play? Going by Ballard's talk about being tired of "band-aids", I assume Ryan must be lower on the list.

He always has good stats, but the team doesn't win much. Only two winning seasons in the past 9 (I don't know how much of that is him). Even his stats took a hit this year. An extra game and he didn't crack 4000yds and barely hit 20tds. Anybody have some insight?

Ironshaft
03-12-2022, 12:41 PM
My 2 cents...other than Carr....no trading draft picks for a QB. No other one is worth it, IMO.

Specifically, Ryan is too old and not good enough anymore.

Oldcolt
03-12-2022, 01:09 PM
I don't know enough about evaluating QBs to have a real rooting interest in any of these guys. I actually trust Ballard to get this one correct. He won't be listening to Reich. Who knows why Reich was so taken with Wentz, I have my opinions but don't know either of them. Whatever it was it made him overlook some huge short comings in the guy. That won't happen this time. I do like someone like Trubisky. He has the physical talent to play in the league. If he wants to turn around his career then Frank is the guy to do it, so I think we would be able to sign him. I am trending towards him because of how vocal his teammates and the organization in general have been about him (in stark contrast to the quietness surrounding Wentz). Now I don't necessarily believe he has become a top QB in his time in Buffalo (not discounting that maybe he has been coached up) but he definitely is a person that is admired and liked as a man. He needed coaching when he came out of collage (only a one year starter) and got Nagy, so there is hope that a good coach could get something out of him. After the putz that was Wentz I would like to have someone who I can pull for and that the organization can get behind. Trubisky seems to be that kind of teammate. I know he is somewhat of a crap shoot but so are all the other available QBs. We are in a world of hurt as an organization right now. It feels like we are at a tipping point to me. Ballard needs all the luck in the world navigating these next few months if we are going to come out of this ok.

Lov2fish
03-12-2022, 02:44 PM
I think it is going to be one of 3 guys. Mariota, Sam or Tribisky (SP) Ballard is not going to give up any draft picks for a lateral move of another Wentz (Jimmy G). He got burned and will be very reluctant to do that again. If neither of those are the answer in 2022 you will see him do some maneuvering for draft pick next April where there will be a deeper QB pool coming out of college. This years draft has to many project QB's and no plug and play type.

JAFF
03-12-2022, 03:33 PM
I think it is going to be one of 3 guys. Mariota, Sam or Tribisky (SP) Ballard is not going to give up any draft picks for a lateral move of another Wentz (Jimmy G). He got burned and will be very reluctant to do that again. If neither of those are the answer in 2022 you will see him do some maneuvering for draft pick next April where there will be a deeper QB pool coming out of college. This years draft has to many project QB's and no plug and play type.

Then go after Trubisky.

1. Young
2. Coachable: see Buffalo
3. Great destination with a proven line and rb
4. Get creative with the contract, make it a win - win for both parties

Lov2fish
03-12-2022, 03:44 PM
Then go after Trubisky.

1. Young
2. Coachable: see Buffalo
3. Great destination with a proven line and rb
4. Get creative with the contract, make it a win - win for both parties

I get nervous seeing highly drafted QB's bouncing from team to team in short time spans. Despite what prognosticators are saying, there is a reason these guys can't take up roots somewhere. We are in QB purgatory and there are no can't miss prospects coming in the near future of the draft. This franchise has definitely been spoiled with QB's in its history. Some teams are lucky to have a once a generation talent, and the Colts have had 3, Unitas, Manning and Luck. Would have had 4 had Bert Jones not get hit with injuries.

apballin
03-12-2022, 04:25 PM

I disagree that Jimmy is a lateral move

He’s an improvement, he doesn’t turn it over he doesn’t fold in big games and he gets the ball out quick not to mention the playoff experience

Lov2fish
03-12-2022, 04:36 PM

He’s an improvement, he doesn’t turn it over he doesn’t fold in big games and he gets the ball out quick not to mention the playoff experience

He has more than his fair share of boneheaded plays that makes you scratch your head. I would rather pay one of the others a $15 Mil incentive laden contract than pay Jimmy G $25 mil plus for the same shit we just shipped away. If he is everything everyone keeps harping on the Niners wouldn't have drafted a QB. It isn't like Jimmy is in his late 30's and on his way out. He is the west coast version of Wentz.

apballin
03-12-2022, 05:02 PM
He has more than his fair share of boneheaded plays that makes you scratch your head. I would rather pay one of the others a $15 Mil incentive laden contract than pay Jimmy G $25 mil plus for the same shit we just shipped away. If he is everything everyone keeps harping on the Niners wouldn't have drafted a QB. It isn't like Jimmy is in his late 30's and on his way out. He is the west coast version of Wentz.

He sure didn’t cowar down when they drafted a QB and submit the position like a cry baby bitch, he kept playing and kept the rookie on the sidelines

At this point I’d rather have Armstead then any of the QB options so whoever we have to sign to have enough to sign Armstead as well fuck it bring on Minshew

CletusPyle
03-12-2022, 05:53 PM
If neither of those are the answer in 2022 you will see him do some maneuvering for draft pick next April where there will be a deeper QB pool coming out of college. This years draft has to many project QB's and no plug and play type.

I am not a Purdue fan...but O'Connell is coming back as a 5th year senior, this guy is very good, he will likely be a late first round pick in 2023.

Oldcolt
03-12-2022, 06:01 PM
Every one of these guys has big issues otherwise they would be available. No matter who it is there will be plenty to complain about.

Lov2fish
03-12-2022, 06:41 PM
He sure didn’t cowar down when they drafted a QB and submit the position like a cry baby bitch, he kept playing and kept the rookie on the sidelines

At this point I’d rather have Armstead then any of the QB options so whoever we have to sign to have enough to sign Armstead as well fuck it bring on Minshew

I would take Minshew over most on that list. I would take Armstead any fucking day of the week over any QB on the list. Hell the line getting back to it once was with a stud LT and it won't matter a lot who is back there throwing it, he will have time to read a book.

Spike
03-12-2022, 06:42 PM

Like I have stated, JG is slightly better than Wentz. Not worth giving up draft picks for though. 49ers would have beat the Chiefs in the SB if JG wouldn't have overthrown a wide open receiver for a TD by at least 10 yards. Another game the 49ers lost was because of the same damn thing. I watched every 49ers game, and color me unimpressed. Add in the fact that he is injury prone only makes it worse. Numbers lie, look at Wentz's numbers, complete bullshit.

JAFF
03-12-2022, 07:59 PM

He is Tom Brady lite. Extra lite, Tom didnt miss as many games as grapalo

JAFF
03-12-2022, 08:00 PM
Like I have stated, JG is slightly better than Wentz. Not worth giving up draft picks for though. 49ers would have beat the Chiefs in the SB if JG wouldn't have overthrown a wide open receiver for a TD by at least 10 yards. Another game the 49ers lost was because of the same damn thing. I watched every 49ers game, and color me unimpressed. Add in the fact that he is injury prone only makes it worse. Numbers lie, look at Wentz's numbers, complete bullshit.

At least he can commit to a decision

JAFF
03-12-2022, 08:08 PM
I get nervous seeing highly drafted QB's bouncing from team to team in short time spans. Despite what prognosticators are saying, there is a reason these guys can't take up roots somewhere. We are in QB purgatory and there are no can't miss prospects coming in the near future of the draft. This franchise has definitely been spoiled with QB's in its history. Some teams are lucky to have a once a generation talent, and the Colts have had 3, Unitas, Manning and Luck. Would have had 4 had Bert Jones not get hit with injuries.

I get what you are saying. From where I sit, Turbisky had trouble playing on a screwed up team. In Buffalo, he was productive. He may not have too many bad habits to be coached out of him. If you hit with him, looking is over. Miss with him, well back to the drawing board. Grappalo et al will need to be replaced in 2 years, and they are back on this treadmill.

Turbisky at least has a shot at a future. Get some “old” guy, they are back on the future Qb merry go round.

Racehorse
03-12-2022, 08:50 PM
I've only seen a couple guys bring up Matt Ryan. I don't follow ATL much so I don't know where they're at as a team other than four straight losing seasons. I just read they dropped Ryan's cap hit down to $37m. That's still a motherfucker but I think it gives them $15m or so of space.

He'll be 37. Anybody know if there's word on how much longer he wants to play? Going by Ballard's talk about being tired of "band-aids", I assume Ryan must be lower on the list.

He always has good stats, but the team doesn't win much. Only two winning seasons in the past 9 (I don't know how much of that is him). Even his stats took a hit this year. An extra game and he didn't crack 4000yds and barely hit 20tds. Anybody have some insight?
My son and I were talking about him, and he says his arm is dead.

apballin
03-12-2022, 10:00 PM
I would take Minshew over most on that list. I would take Armstead any fucking day of the week over any QB on the list. Hell the line getting back to it once was with a stud LT and it won't matter a lot who is back there throwing it, he will have time to read a book.

That’s where I’m at with it at this point if a high price QB cost us Armstead fuck it I’d rather have Armstead with Winston, trubisky, or Minshew as opposed to

Garapolo, cousin, any other high price vet with Fischer or some average LT

That’s if Armstead even wants to play here

Dewey 5
03-12-2022, 10:45 PM
Bite the bullet & go with Ehlinger & look to the 2023 draft. No trading picks for some reclamation project.

IndyNorm
03-13-2022, 09:45 AM
Bite the bullet & go with Ehlinger & look to the 2023 draft. No trading picks for some reclamation project.

The problem is that unless we land the next Mahomes/Burrow/Herbert then we're looking at best case being competitive in ~'25 which will waste the prime years of our top players.

Although in the long run if we do end up landing a franchise QB in '23 then it's probably worth it. And replacing Wentz's production in the 2nd half of the season shouldn't be too difficult, so maybe Ehlinger is up to the task.

apballin
03-13-2022, 09:59 AM
The problem is that unless we land the next Mahomes/Burrow/Herbert then we're looking at best case being competitive in ~'25 which will waste the prime years of our top players.

Although in the long run if we do end up landing a franchise QB in '23 then it's probably worth it. And replacing Wentz's production in the 2nd half of the season shouldn't be too difficult, so maybe Ehlinger is up to the task.

Alright fuck it….

Get Armstead and sign Mariota he’s only 28 and I’m sure he’d love to kick the Titans ass twice a year. Reich may have to get creative with the offense but who cares

Brylok
03-13-2022, 10:59 AM
..and replacing Wentz's production in the 2nd half of the season shouldn't be too difficult, so maybe Ehlinger is up to the task.

That's one way to get the #1 pick. I'd be stunned if Ehlinger won one game as a starter. I've also seen reports that no QB in the upcoming draft is even worthy of a first round pick. I think we're screwed.

JAFF
03-13-2022, 10:59 AM
Alright fuck it….

Get Armstead and sign Mariota he’s only 28 and I’m sure he’d love to kick the Titans ass twice a year. Reich may have to get creative with the offense but who cares

If Reich could play call any Qb into a MVP we would still have Wentz. Mariota cant beat out Ryan Tannehill.

Go get Turbisky. All it will cost is money. No draft picks, no trading talent away. If it works, great. If it fails you are are still out on lost talent and lost draft picks

apballin
03-13-2022, 11:13 AM
If Reich could play call any Qb into a MVP we would still have Wentz. Mariota cant beat out Ryan Tannehill.

Go get Turbisky. All it will cost is money. No draft picks, no trading talent away. If it works, great. If it fails you are are still out on lost talent and lost draft picks

Trubisky is going to the Giants with the Bills OC

I like the familiarity angle, Mariota was nearly ruined by the Titans they changed coaches and OC for like his first 4 years then gets the axe because of Tannehill

Now he’s been in the AFC west for 2 years so he’s familiar with that division as well

He’s still a hell of a threat with his legs, he stayed ready didn’t complain at any point in his career

Played with Buckner at Oregon

JAFF
03-13-2022, 11:28 AM

I like the familiarity angle, Mariota was nearly ruined by the Titans they changed coaches and OC for like his first 4 years then gets the axe because of Tannehill

Now he’s been in the AFC west for 2 years so he’s familiar with that division as well

He’s still a hell of a threat with his legs, he stayed ready didn’t complain at any point in his career

Has he signed a contract? Would he rather play behind our line with Taylor or the Giants line?

Oldcolt
03-13-2022, 11:39 AM

Trubisky ain't going to the Giants if we want him. They have cap issues for one so there will be zero issues out bidding them. He has been very focused on turning his career around (a career that includes a winning 29-21 record with a team that lost before him and lost after him) and who better than Reich to take him to the next step. Every QB he has in the last 5 years has improved with him. Many people think if he were in this draft he would be the first QB taken.

I'm not against Mariota. He has been injury prone and doesn't have a strong arm. He is way better than Wentz in every way except arm strength. I hope we go the Mariota/Trubinsky route rather than one of the older players.

IndyNorm
03-13-2022, 12:21 PM
That's one way to get the #1 pick. I'd be stunned if Ehlinger won one game as a starter. I've also seen reports that no QB in the upcoming draft is even worthy of a first round pick. I think we're screwed.

You're probably right about Ehlinger, but the point remains that Wentz's production for the last 8 games won't be hard to replace: 61% completion rate (surprised it was that high), 171 yards/game, 6.3 yards/attempt, 1.25 tds/game, .5 ints/game. All of that while teams were stacking the box trying to stop JT and daring us to throw the ball.

Brylok
03-13-2022, 01:58 PM
You're probably right about Ehlinger, but the point remains that Wentz's production for the last 8 games won't be hard to replace: 61% completion rate (surprised it was that high), 171 yards/game, 6.3 yards/attempt, 1.25 tds/game, .5 ints/game. All of that while teams were stacking the box trying to stop JT and daring us to throw the ball.

Bring on Mitch I guess. I've seen enough of Mariota to last a lifetime. What a world...

CletusPyle
03-13-2022, 02:01 PM
This from Rich Eisen 3 days ago, Colts may be willing to go all in for Derek Carr...I still think it is possible!

It comes just a day after Eisen himself said as follows on his own show, “I’m not making it up. I’ll just tell you stuff that I heard. In Indianapolis, they’re going to try and maybe go YOLO for Derek Carr.”

Dewey 5
03-13-2022, 03:48 PM
This from Rich Eisen 3 days ago, Colts may be willing to go all in for Derek Carr...I still think it is possible!

It comes just a day after Eisen himself said as follows on his own show, “I’m not making it up. I’ll just tell you stuff that I heard. In Indianapolis, they’re going to try and maybe go YOLO for Derek Carr.”

That would be dumb.

Oldcolt
03-13-2022, 04:46 PM

Why? So we would have the 8th best QB in the playoffs? If he wouldn't cost a fortune in draft choices maybe, but this team has to many needs to be giving multiple draft choices for anything less than a Luck/Rogers type

JAFF
03-13-2022, 04:51 PM
Why? So we would have the 8th best QB in the playoffs? If he wouldn't cost a fortune in draft choices maybe, but this team has to many needs to be giving multiple draft choices for anything less than a Luck/Rogers type

Stop with the logic

rm1369
03-13-2022, 05:04 PM

If you think the roster is so far away only a superstar QB makes sense, do you think Ballard has done a great job?

rcubed
03-13-2022, 05:11 PM

One year too late. Yolo attitude should have been used to get stafford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rm1369
03-13-2022, 05:37 PM
One year too late. Yolo attitude should have been used to get stafford.

Agreed. I’m not sure I buy it, but if that attitude is there it’s only because Irsay is forcing it now after another mediocre season.

smitty46953
03-13-2022, 06:43 PM
I've seen enough of Mariota to last a lifetime. What a world...

I agree, Remember the Titans ? LOL No thanks :eek:

Oldcolt
03-13-2022, 06:55 PM
My biggest concern with Mariota is that he is a running QB with a history of injuries. Not ideal for long term success.

apballin
03-13-2022, 07:32 PM
I agree, Remember the Titans ? LOL No thanks :eek:

He had a different OC every year

He can still play

I like the element he brings with his legs

Puck
03-13-2022, 07:49 PM
Cousins is out. Signed an extension

Brady is back with TB. So thats one less looking for a QB

Chromeburn
03-13-2022, 09:00 PM
I think we go vet and draft. They won’t trade Carr so likely Mariota then Corral, Ridder, Howell in the draft.

Puck
03-13-2022, 09:22 PM
I think we go vet and draft. They won’t trade Carr so likely Mariota then Corral, Ridder, Howell in the draft.

Mariota = Ridder

Anyone else see the comp?

Could it be both Mariota and Ridder this yr?

apballin
03-13-2022, 09:42 PM
Mariota = Ridder

Anyone else see the comp?

Could it be both Mariota and Ridder this yr?

I could see that

If Mariota gets hurt we’d have a young Mariota to fill in

Dam8610
03-14-2022, 08:57 AM
Why is no one interested in Winston? Especially the people interested in Trubisky.

Dam8610
03-14-2022, 09:11 AM

If they draft Howell thinking he'll be a starter, the Colts are in for a long period of bad QB play. He's too erratic and plays hero ball too much. It's telling that North Carolina was projected to be in the national title picture because they had Howell for the last 2 years in the preseason and they never even came close to living up to that hype.

rm1369
03-14-2022, 09:51 AM
Why is no one interested in Winston? Especially the people interested in Trubisky.

I see Winston as one of the viable stop gap options. He just doesn’t make me terribly excited. But then neither do Mariota or Trubinsky.

apballin
03-14-2022, 10:12 AM

Winston is too similar to Wentz IMO as far as playing style (holding the goddam ball)

Lov2fish
03-14-2022, 10:50 AM
Winston is too similar to Wentz IMO as far as playing style (holding the goddam ball)

Yes sir. Has a beautiful ball when he finally turns the fucking thing loose.

rcubed
03-14-2022, 11:22 AM
I see Winston as one of the viable stop gap options. He just doesn’t make me terribly excited. But then neither do Mariota or Trubinsky.
same. I am in the camp for stop-gap 2 year QB while drafting next year. There is no difference maker available and I am not interested in trading more picks for a mediocre QB. this years draft sucks from what I have read, so bide time.

I heard on DP show this morning the analogy to what KC did when reid came in. Reid didnt really like anyone available so they got alex smith and waited with him until they could draft their future.

smitty46953
03-14-2022, 12:57 PM
Jeremy Fowler
@JFowlerESPN
Mitch Trubisky is signing with the Pittsburgh Steelers, per source.

:cool:

Brylok
03-14-2022, 01:06 PM
Jeremy Fowler
@JFowlerESPN

Well, there went my guess. We're going to be stuck watching Mariota and Ehlinger aren't we? Smh

rcubed
03-14-2022, 02:10 PM
Jeremy Fowler
@JFowlerESPN

could help bring down the cost of jimmy g if we go that route.

Racehorse
03-14-2022, 02:18 PM
Bridgewater might be a good bridge QB

Dewey 5
03-14-2022, 02:34 PM
Ehlinger then 2023 draft. It’s not like Colts are going to the super bowl with a qb off the scrap pile anyway.

njcoltfan
03-14-2022, 03:22 PM
same. I am in the camp for stop-gap 2 year QB while drafting next year. There is no difference maker available and I am not interested in trading more picks for a mediocre QB. this years draft sucks from what I have read, so bide time.

I heard on DP show this morning the analogy to what KC did when reid came in. Reid didnt really like anyone available so they got alex smith and waited with him until they could draft their future.
Using that formula the Colts will have their QB when, 2026, maybe 2025 ?? Just in time to start the rebuild all over again ! Ballard should target a guy that could be the guy, and go balls to the wall to try to get him ( to be honest I have no idea who that could be ), he can't just keep kicking the can down the road year after year

Dam8610
03-14-2022, 04:47 PM

Winston is more exciting than the other two.

Jeremy Fowler
@JFowlerESPN

Glad that's off the board.

If you're punting 2022.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
03-14-2022, 04:52 PM

Bridgewater is signing a 1 year deal to be the Dolphins QB2 per Schefter

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1503472831430074382

Former Broncos QB Teddy Bridgewater intends to sign a one-year deal to be the backup QB for the Miami Dolphins, per league sources.

rcubed
03-14-2022, 05:22 PM
Using that formula the Colts will have their QB when, 2026, maybe 2025 ?? Just in time to start the rebuild all over again ! Ballard should target a guy that could be the guy, and go balls to the wall to try to get him ( to be honest I have no idea who that could be ), he can't just keep kicking the can down the road year after year
you put it in your own damn post "to be honest I have no idea who that could be"

with the lack of a difference maker available you dont do something stupid like give up picks for a lackluster guy that you will probably get rid of in a few years anyway.

maybe we should have pushed harder for stafford last year. there is no one this year. rodgers wasnt leaving GB and wilson had a no trade and wasnt coming here.

maybe jimmy g can be good for us but I would hope we wouldnt give up anything more than a 3 for him.

rm1369
03-14-2022, 05:49 PM
Ehlinger then 2023 draft. It’s not like Colts are going to the super bowl with a qb off the scrap pile anyway.

Ehlinger has shown no indication he can be even a mediocre starting QB. You don’t have to trade for someone but you have to at least sign someone who has started a few games. That’s for the fans and the other players on this team. Saying you are mailing in the season 5 years into your tenure is not a good look - regardless of the shitty hand Ballard was dealt with Lucks retirement.

Lov2fish
03-14-2022, 06:00 PM
Ehlinger has shown no indication he can be even a mediocre starting QB. You don’t have to trade for someone but you have to at least sign someone who has started a few games. That’s for the fans and the other players on this team. Saying you are mailing in the season 5 years into your tenure is not a good look - regardless of the shitty hand Ballard was dealt with Lucks retirement.

He is not going to send fear up the back of opposing coaches, but he does know the playbook, he can read pre snap defenses. Not keen on his arm strength, but I do like the ball comes out quick and not indecisive about it. As a young QB I am positive he will get fooled a few times and throw a head scratching pick. Compared to what is available via free agency and in the draft its a wash for me. Fuck it, we got nothing else to lose except the entire season.

Oldcolt
03-14-2022, 06:08 PM
Why do people think Ehlinger is good at reading defenses? And what good does it do if you are crap at anticipation and accuracy. The reports coming out of college were that he was shit at anticipation throws and had accuracy issues. With an arm as weak as he has he needs to be pin point accurate and have great anticipation to be successful in the NFL. The best thing that was said about him was his toughness (he likes to lower his shoulder, not a good thing in the NFL) and leadership. I think he has the makings of an good back up but if he is our starting QB me thinks we are in big trouble.

Lov2fish
03-14-2022, 06:12 PM
Why do people think Ehlinger is good at reading defenses? And what good does it do if you are crap at anticipation and accuracy. The reports coming out of college were that he was shit at anticipation throws and had accuracy issues. With an arm as weak as he has he needs to be pin point accurate and have great anticipation to be successful in the NFL. The best thing that was said about him was his toughness (he likes to lower his shoulder, not a good thing in the NFL) and leadership. I think he has the makings of an good back up but if he is our starting QB me thinks we are in big trouble.

I like to gamble on college football. I saw him play about 5-6 times. They were playing cupcakes so take it with a grain of salt. He was pinpoint accurate and the ball came out as soon as his back foot planted.

The same prognosticators also said Brady was a 6th. or 7th. round pick. A career backup. That assessment sure aged well!

Dewey 5
03-14-2022, 06:17 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1503489968139816962

Houston has declined Indianapolis’ attempt to speak with Deshaun Watson, per source. Houston comfortable trading Watson - just not in the AFC South.

rm1369
03-14-2022, 06:18 PM

Agreed. I have no idea what people have seen to give them any indication he’s a viable option. To me he was outplayed in preseason by Eason who was cut. I think people just want hope and since he’s young they can talk themselves into it.

rcubed
03-14-2022, 06:23 PM
i see ehlinger as a "last resort, we got no one else and are playing for a top pick" type choice.

Dewey 5
03-14-2022, 06:28 PM
Agreed. I have no idea what people have seen to give them any indication he’s a viable option. To me he was outplayed in preseason by Eason who was cut. I think people just want hope and since he’s young they can talk themselves into it.

I don’t want & hope anything other than playing him earns us a top 2 pick in the 2023 draft. A draft conducted by a different GM.

Oldcolt
03-14-2022, 06:49 PM
I don’t want & hope anything other than playing him earns us a top 2 pick in the 2023 draft. A draft conducted by a different GM.

It's early. To early to throw it in on next year. Miracles happen in the NFL and it will take a minor one to get us out of this. I'm hoping that we get lucky with whomever we roll the dice with. You never know.

IndyNorm
03-14-2022, 07:05 PM
Well, there went my guess. We're going to be stuck watching Mariota and Ehlinger aren't we? Smh

Yep, and Trubisky said it was down to the Steelers and NYG. I wonder if Ballard even reached out to him :mad:

albany ed
03-14-2022, 07:30 PM
Well, Trubisky was the one I wanted, but last year I wanted Darnold. So, let's hope I'm as wrong about Trubisky as I was about Darnold.

Dewey 5
03-14-2022, 08:05 PM
Yep, and Trubisky said it was down to the Steelers and NYG. I wonder if Ballard even reached out to him :mad:

Ballard is sound asleep. Doesn't even know it's free agent season.

Ironshaft
03-14-2022, 09:21 PM
It's early. To early to throw it in on next year. Miracles happen in the NFL and it will take a minor one to get us out of this. I'm hoping that we get lucky with whomever we roll the dice with. You never know.

Oh, no. He knows. It is just too early for him.

$70m divided between $4m a piece tier 3 or 4 free agents goes further!

Step 1: Wait out the "over priced" portion of free agency.
Step 2: Sign a bunch of scrubs and call them difference makers.
Step 3: Profit!

Brylok
03-14-2022, 11:17 PM

I didn't necessarily want Trubisky, but with what was reasonably available, he was there to take a chance on. No clue what they'll do now unless it's Mariota. Maybe overpay for Jimmy G? Maybe overpay for Baker Mayfield?
Do you think Ballard is trying to get fired? Honest question. He's been doing his best to keep us afloat since Luck quit. Jim obviously won't let him go and has already extended him early. Maybe he's had enough and wants out. I'm probably overreacting again but, man.

rcubed
03-15-2022, 12:01 AM
I didn't necessarily want Trubisky, but with what was reasonably available, he was there to take a chance on. No clue what they'll do now unless it's Mariota. Maybe overpay for Jimmy G? Maybe overpay for Baker Mayfield?
Do you think Ballard is trying to get fired? Honest question. He's been doing his best to keep us afloat since Luck quit. Jim obviously won't let him go and has already extended him early. Maybe he's had enough and wants out. I'm probably overreacting again but, man.

Whats overpaying for JG? I read some think he could go for a 3, another speculated a 4 after pit signed trubisky. If true I would probably do that.

I dont think ballard is trying to get fired, doesn’t seem like his MO, he would tell irsay its not working and they would part ways. I do think his plan got fucked when luck retired and he is a bit too tight in FA, but at least he has a philosophy and sticks to it.

I think he let reich talk him into wentz and got burned.

albany ed
03-15-2022, 07:04 AM

Or just maybe he's a little smarter than we wannabes on this site.

https://brobible.com/sports/article/steelers-super-bowl-odds-mitchell-trubisky/

CletusPyle
03-15-2022, 08:20 AM
McDaniels has already screwed Derek Carr's career and Carr doesn't even know it! He could have been a Colt and a Super Bowl champion within 5 years, instead, he will waste away in Vegas, never winning that division, possibly a few one and dones in the playoffs and then his career and McPhatass's head coaching experiment will end!
-nostradumbass

Discflinger
03-15-2022, 08:25 AM
Does anyone know what he signed for? Then we can start arguing.

CletusPyle
03-15-2022, 10:10 AM
Does anyone know what he signed for? Then we can start arguing.

You are right he hasn't signed yet, but McDaniels doesn't appear to be willing to even discuss a trade and it seems less and less likely by the day.

MeSayDayo
03-15-2022, 11:55 AM
At this point, I think our only options should be (in no particular order and completely subjective to what each guy would cost) Winston, Mariota, or Jordan Love (Assuming he would cost one third round pick at most)
If Ballard is just waiting for Jimmy G to be released, then I am fine with bringing him on so long as he costs us no picks in the process.
I really hope we are taking serious looks at Zadarius Smith and Allen Robinson. Those two players come on board and I am starting to feel a LOT better about this FA period.
I think JuJu really makes sense as well. Played a year with Pittman at USC as I recall, and would likely be our slot man. He will probably give you as much as Jarvis Landry would at a lower cost.
I don't think Armstead will be an option and I do think we try to bring back both Pryor and Reed (kindof surprised we haven't yet). The reason I think we haven't is because Ballard likes his own free agents to set their market before he offers. He probably thinks that in some cases, he values his own guys higher than others and he can get away with paying his own guys that he likes more than he should. A way of keeping his own perception of his own guys in check. That could be the only reason, IMO, that we have not signed out fringe talent FA's like Turay, Lewis, Pryor or Reed. Each day drives their price down too, and Ballard knows that, and he has a LOT of them to sign.

rcubed
03-15-2022, 01:09 PM
If Ballard is just waiting for Jimmy G to be released, then I am fine with bringing him on so long as he costs us no picks in the process.

Flip side to that argument

Luke Schultheis
@LuckAtLuke
If I’m the Colts, I’d much rather trade for Jimmy G. and keep him on the last year of his current contract, 1-year, $25M as a “show me” year (essentially what Philip Rivers got in 2020) then see him cut and have to give him multiple years as a FA.

IndyNorm
03-15-2022, 05:19 PM
You are right he hasn't signed yet, but McDaniels doesn't appear to be willing to even discuss a trade and it seems less and less likely by the day.

I think DF may have been asking about Trubisky's deal. Looks like it's for 2 years $14.25M and can grow to $27M with incentives. Overall low risk, high reward deal for the Steelers :cool:

Kray007
03-15-2022, 08:08 PM

Problem is that that guy isn’t out there this year.

apballin
03-15-2022, 10:02 PM
So the latest is…. Baker Mayfield would prefer Colts If he’s traded

rcubed
03-15-2022, 10:24 PM

Fuck that.

CanuckColt
03-16-2022, 03:25 PM

NO WAY. We might as well play Sam instead.

rcubed
03-17-2022, 11:09 AM
I kinda think (or maybe its hope) that baker is a bit of a smoke screen from indy's POV. They probably want jimmy g but are playing as coy as possible to drive price down. I also read that now it seems we are really the only suitors for jimmy g so ballard is biding time and playing the baker angle.

Spike
03-17-2022, 11:42 AM
At this point, Jimmy G is our best possible option right now, outside of Carr. Baker would be my 3rd choice reluctantly.

smitty46953
03-17-2022, 11:49 AM
Mike Garafolo
@MikeGarafolo
The #Browns have been informed they’re out of the running for Deshaun Watson, a source says. The team still views Baker Mayfield as their quarterback going forward. They told Mayfield’s agents at the Combine they’d only explore top-tier QBs such as Watson.

I imagine this will end the Mayfield to Indy speculation. :cool:

Ironshaft
03-17-2022, 11:50 AM
Mike Garafolo
@MikeGarafolo
The #Browns have been informed they’re out of the running for Deshaun Watson, a source says. The team still views Baker Mayfield as their quarterback going forward. They told Mayfield’s agents at the Combine they’d only explore top-tier QBs such as Watson.

I imagine this will end the Mayfield to Indy speculation. :cool:
Thank goodness!

Ironshaft
03-17-2022, 11:58 AM
While Ballard could prove me wrong by signing a re-tread veteran or trading for Jimmy G, I am now leaning towards the notion that he sees one or two of the "top" QBs in this year's draft class as a potential starter for the Colts.

My wonder, if so, if the kid is not Matt Corral from Ole Miss. This write up from Walter Football seems to check every box Ballard and Reich look for:

In 2021, Corral completed 68 percent of his passes for 3,349 yards, 20 touchdowns and five interceptions. He rushed for 11 touchdowns and 597 yards as well. Corral took the risk of playing in Ole Miss' bowl game and suffered a foot injury. Fortunately for Corral, X-rays were negative for a break.

Corral was an accurate passer in 2021, showing off a strong arm, developed field vision, mobility, and toughness as a runner. He did a better job of managing the game in 2021 than in previous seasons, plus showed improved decision-making and ball security. Corral has makeup concerns however, and Corral himself has said he had maturity issues early in his college career, but now is focused and putting in 12-hour days.
Not saying that he is "the guy" or is a sure fire starter. But, honestly, I would be all for using our 2nd round pick on a kid whom our staff thinks has the skills and is coachable over a veteran re-tread who has shown they are not winners.

Just food for thought.

Colts And Orioles
03-17-2022, 12:51 PM

Or just maybe he's a little smarter than we wannabes on this site.

https://brobible.com/sports/article/steelers-super-bowl-odds-mitchell-trubisky/

o

"Do something !!! Do something !!! Do something !!!"

(The GM does something.)

"What did you do that for ??? Panic move !!!"

o

JAFF
03-17-2022, 01:51 PM
While Ballard could prove me wrong by signing a re-tread veteran or trading for Jimmy G, I am now leaning towards the notion that he sees one or two of the "top" QBs in this year's draft class as a potential starter for the Colts.

My wonder, if so, if the kid is not Matt Corral from Ole Miss. This write up from Walter Football seems to check every box Ballard and Reich look for:

Not saying that he is "the guy" or is a sure fire starter. But, honestly, I would be all for using our 2nd round pick on a kid whom our staff thinks has the skills and is coachable over a veteran re-tread who has shown they are not winners.

Just food for thought.

If they really want the kid from old Miss, they will need to trade up into the first round to get him. There are other teams needing a QB and they wont be shy about moving up in the draft

Oldcolt
03-18-2022, 01:18 PM
Las Vegas is in the process of extending Carr. He is off the table for the Colts.

CletusPyle
03-18-2022, 04:08 PM
Las Vegas is in the process of extending Carr. He is off the table for the Colts.

It's a shame, because I like Carr, but I hate McPhatass, so I will be forced to direct all my negative energy toward Vegas!:eek:

Brylok
03-18-2022, 04:28 PM
Watson is going to Cleveland.

nate505
03-18-2022, 05:00 PM
So the options are dwindling some. Either a trade for Mayfield or Jimmy G, or signing Mariotta or Winston, or just rolling with Ehlinger.

I think they'll get the Mayfield trade done, but it's not a very confident prediction.

Lov2fish
03-18-2022, 05:04 PM
So the options are dwindling some. Either a trade for Mayfield or Jimmy G, or signing Mariotta or Winston, or just rolling with Ehlinger.

I think they'll get the Mayfield trade done, but it's not a very confident prediction.

Might toss Matty Ice in the conversation. He delayed his roster bonus until Monday for the Falcons. They didn't get the criminal, so not sure Ryan would want to stay after that. I wouldn't, but I would for what he is making :)

nate505
03-21-2022, 03:18 PM
Might toss Matty Ice in the conversation. He delayed his roster bonus until Monday for the Falcons. They didn't get the criminal, so not sure Ryan would want to stay after that. I wouldn't, but I would for what he is making :)

Great call Shows I know what the options are haha.

Racehorse
03-21-2022, 05:51 PM

Your predicted timeline was impeccable.

Racehorse
03-21-2022, 05:53 PM
I would take him, but he would cost a lot in draft capital. Carr, Ryan, Winston, or draft someone. In that order.

Man, was I wrong. Just a third

Oldcolt
03-24-2022, 10:07 AM
Read in Indy Star today that Wentz’ comment to JT after the loss to Jacksonville was “Golly, though to swallow”. WTF? I was pissed beyond belief and this guy is like all goobered out and thinks it was tough to swallow? He wasn’t devastated by how he played? Sooo glad he is gone.