PDA

View Full Version : Hot Seat?

Discflinger
03-02-2022, 12:14 PM
After watching this presser does anyone doubt that Irsay lit a fire under Reich’s ass?

https://www.colts.com/video/frank-reich-2022-nfl-scouting-combine

omahacolt
03-03-2022, 07:50 PM
i hope reich isn't on the hot seat.

i have issues with him at times but i think he is a good coach. upgrading may be difficult

Lov2fish
03-03-2022, 08:06 PM
Reich is not the problem. He is learning as he goes as well. He makes mistakes, but there is no viable options available that are better than Reich. He has the total respect of the locker room, and those guys will run through a cement wall for him.

Chromeburn
03-03-2022, 09:47 PM
i hope reich isn't on the hot seat.

i have issues with him at times but i think he is a good coach. upgrading may be difficult

Downgrading will be very easy that’s for sure.

Dewey 5
03-05-2022, 06:12 PM
Ballard should be on the hot seat.

njcoltfan
03-06-2022, 08:02 AM
Reich is not the problem. He is learning as he goes as well. He makes mistakes, but there is no viable options available that are better than Reich. He has the total respect of the locker room, and those guys will run through a cement wall for him.
I don't know that that is entirely true, at least 3 of his core players were unvaxxed, so running through a wall, maybe not !!

JAFF
03-06-2022, 08:34 AM
I don't know that that is entirely true, at least 3 of his core players were unvaxxed, so running through a wall, maybe not !!

The Colts were one of the teams with about 75% of the player vaccinated.

https://fox59.com/sports/colts/players-decisions-against-vaccination-personal-but-carries-team-ramifications/

Lov2fish
03-06-2022, 10:15 AM

Dumbest reply in this entire thread. Their personal decision about their body has nothing to do with what they will do on the field for him. Get off your Hollier then thou bullshit.

JAFF
03-06-2022, 10:40 AM
Dumbest reply in this entire thread. Their personal decision about their body has nothing to do with what they will do on the field for him. Get off your Hollier then thou bullshit.

Like it or not, covid had an effect on the team, at the worst time, late in the season.

Lov2fish
03-06-2022, 11:57 AM
Like it or not, covid had an effect on the team, at the worst time, late in the season.

It impacted your ability to think outside of what CNN told you to think.

JAFF
03-06-2022, 01:29 PM
It impacted your ability to think outside of what CNN told you to think.

The colts had starters missing games due to covid. The missed the playoffs by a game. Wake up

Brylok
03-09-2022, 01:49 PM
Ballard's seat should be warming up.

YDFL Commish
03-09-2022, 03:53 PM
Ballard's seat should be warming up.

He just cooled it down a ton with the Trade of Wentz.

Dewey 5
03-09-2022, 11:33 PM

He better put in some work with all that cap space.

Butter
03-09-2022, 11:46 PM

I am still shocked he pulled that off.

JAFF
03-10-2022, 07:20 AM
I am still shocked he pulled that off.

Why, the money? It didnt stop the Colts from dumping Wentz.

rcubed
03-10-2022, 02:38 PM
saw this on the twitter:

An elite QB rights a lot of wrongs, no?

Ryan Grigson, 5 years as Colts GM:
49-31 regular season
3-3 postseason

Chris Ballard, 5 years as Colts GM:
41-40 regular season
1-2 postseason

ChaosTheory
03-10-2022, 03:09 PM
saw this on the twitter:

49-31 regular season
3-3 postseason

41-40 regular season
1-2 postseason

It's so brutal to think about. 5 1/2 season... and gone.

He was so good and still had his best season in 2018. Perennial SB contender status was right there.

Brylok
03-10-2022, 06:57 PM

It's been five years and we've done next to nothing, so it's still warm to me. Before the Wentz details came out, I was ready to call for his head. He can keep his head, but today I mostly feel like "meh". I'm not expecting any exciting/hopeful QB news.

Dam8610
03-11-2022, 02:48 AM

If anything, I would think the opposite. There's a long way to go before the season opener, but as of right now, Sam Ehlinger is your starting QB. That's a great way to end up with the #1 overall pick in the 2023 NFL draft, but I doubt Reich and Ballard would be here to make the pick if that happened. Now Ballard has to go overpay for a mid tier QB like Derek Carr or go into free agency and gamble on Jameis Winston or admit you're passing on the season by bringing in Teddy Bridgewater (this would apply to a trade for Jimmy G as well). That is not how his seat gets cooler.

ukcolt
03-11-2022, 06:57 AM
Or he really likes one of the guys in the draft that might be available later in the 1st or early 2nd?

rcubed
03-11-2022, 01:46 PM
If anything, I would think the opposite. There's a long way to go before the season opener, but as of right now, Sam Ehlinger is your starting QB. That's a great way to end up with the #1 overall pick in the 2023 NFL draft, but I doubt Reich and Ballard would be here to make the pick if that happened. Now Ballard has to go overpay for a mid tier QB like Derek Carr or go into free agency and gamble on Jameis Winston or admit you're passing on the season by bringing in Teddy Bridgewater (this would apply to a trade for Jimmy G as well). That is not how his seat gets cooler.
irsay is smart. he may be fine eating a year to get a high draft pick to secure a long term QB.

Kray007
03-11-2022, 04:01 PM
saw this on the twitter:

49-31 regular season
3-3 postseason

41-40 regular season
1-2 postseason

It poses the question: if this were baseball, how many wins above replacement was Andrew? How many below was Jacoby?

JAFF
03-11-2022, 05:08 PM
irsay is smart. he may be fine eating a year to get a high draft pick to secure a long term QB.

Its hard to sell season tickets when you start a guy at Qb that cant cut it. Irsay wont do that.

rcubed
03-11-2022, 05:17 PM
Its hard to sell season tickets when you start a guy at Qb that cant cut it. Irsay wont do that.
eh. you get the right guy out of it and have sustained success for 7-10 years, those tickets will sell. and doesnt most of their money come from TV deals anyway?

Dam8610
03-11-2022, 06:43 PM

He wasn't with Polian, and that got us Grigson. I'd rather that not happen again.

JAFF
03-11-2022, 06:44 PM
eh. you get the right guy out of it and have sustained success for 7-10 years, those tickets will sell. and doesnt most of their money come from TV deals anyway?

Thats the shit Irsays dad would do. He wont

JAFF
03-11-2022, 06:45 PM
He wasn't with Polian, and that got us Grigson. I'd rather that not happen again.

Thats not what happened. Polian gave his kid too much responsibility.

IndyNorm
03-11-2022, 06:58 PM
It poses the question: if this were baseball, how many wins above replacement was Andrew? How many below was Jacoby?

Guessing Luck would be in the +4 or 5 range and Brissett would be in the -2 or 3. After watching our game against the Phins this year I'm convinced that we would have been at the very least a SB contender in '19 with Luck at QB.

rcubed
03-11-2022, 07:58 PM
Thats the shit Irsays dad would do. He wont

You are probably right, but that’s what I would do. Stop gap QB on 1-2 year deal. Trade up next years draft and go after someone you like.

Brylok
03-11-2022, 08:41 PM
Thats not what happened. Polian gave his kid too much responsibility.

Polian was aiming to pass it down to his son like he was the owner. Jim said nope.