PDA

View Full Version : Leadership

omahacolt
01-09-2022, 05:02 PM
it was crystal clear earlier in the season and it showed late in the season. the colts have terrible leadership.

their so called "captains" are me first guys and it shows. need to rid the team of these guys or at least some of them. Wentz has to go. he is atrocious at football, is a cunt of a person, and just plain stupid.

Luck4Reich
01-09-2022, 05:03 PM
it was crystal clear earlier in the season and it showed late in the season. the colts have terrible leadership.

their so called "captains" are me first guys and it shows. need to rid the team of these guys or at least some of them. Wentz has to go. he is atrocious at football, is a cunt of a person, and just plain stupid.

I agree with you 100%%%%%%

Brylok
01-09-2022, 05:05 PM

Wentz and Frank both need to go.

Mr. Session
01-09-2022, 05:05 PM
Without getting into personal judgements, I genuinely wonder how responsible ownership is.

omahacolt
01-09-2022, 05:06 PM
Wentz and Frank both need to go.

reich is a good coach

not perfect but a good coach. you can't win with wentz. he knows that. you can tell with the playcalling

Oldcolt
01-09-2022, 05:07 PM
reich is a good coach

not perfect but a good coach. you can't win with wentz. he knows that. you can tell with the playcalling

Why on earth did he want him then. I agree with you but this whole thing is bullshit

omahacolt
01-09-2022, 05:09 PM
Why on earth did he want him then. I agree with you but this whole thing is bullshit

i assume he thought he could coach wentz into a positive player. he knows he is talented. but wentz is too fucking stupid and won't take the coaching

Lov2fish
01-09-2022, 05:12 PM
Kray will be here to defend Wentz in, 3....3....1....

Brylok
01-09-2022, 05:16 PM
Rumors that have probably died off now said that Pittsburgh was possibly going to fire Mike Tomlin. If they did, I'd want him.

rm1369
01-09-2022, 05:21 PM
Wentz is definitely not a winner and it’s been obvious since early in the season that the supposed culture Ballard has talked about isn’t there. This team is flawed and has been. It has good high level talent, but not at the most important positions. And it continues to have glaring holes year after year that don’t get addressed. At some point Ballard has to build a team and quit slowly accumulating talent.

I like Reich as a coach. I’m not sure how much he pushed for Wentz. Definitely a mistake either way. But let’s not forget whose job it is when you criticize it. Plenty of blame to go around. Ballard shouldn’t be exempt from it.

Brylok
01-09-2022, 05:24 PM
reich is a good coach

Jury is out on Reich, but he got an extension and will be here regardless. I agree about Wentz.

nate505
01-09-2022, 05:24 PM
If Reich insists on Wentz being back next year, he should be gone too.

Hoopsdoc
01-09-2022, 05:57 PM

I agree with this but it’s not gonna happen.

With what they gave up to get Wentz and the fact that they’d have to give up even more to replace him, they will decide their best option will be to bring him back next year.

He and Reich will get one more year.

JAFF
01-09-2022, 05:58 PM
I agree with this but it’s not gonna happen.

With what they gave up to get Wentz and the fact that they’d have to give up even more to replace him, they will decide their best option will be to bring him back next year.

He and Reich will get one more year.

Not from me

bertjones
01-09-2022, 06:06 PM
As a fan of the Shoe since the days of Unitas I must say that this was one
of the most disgraceful losses I have ever experienced. To have a team
this unprepared and unmotivated in this situation is beyond the pale.
For a team that preaches character, shouts character, there was precious little
on display today.
We knew this was a flawed team with clear needs at wr2 and pass rush.
After today more things are on the table, maybe everything is on the table.

Oldcolt
01-09-2022, 06:19 PM
This team may be paying for all those non vaccinated players who were integral to our winning. We were playing well but since COVID hit most (line, QB etc) have sucked. It may just be coincidence but it would be nice if our leaders had actually led and I didn't have to wonder

Dam8610
01-09-2022, 06:54 PM
They don't have an option but to roll with Wentz next year, they gave up any chance of that when they played him for greater than 75% of this year's snaps and lost that 1. You hope against hope that with an actual camp, Reich can fix Wentz's mechanics, and if he can't, you invest everything into drafing a QB in the 2023 draft.

IndyNorm
01-09-2022, 07:00 PM
Not from me

Agree with you Jaff. I said in 2016 after the fake punt game against the Cheats that I wouldn't spend another dime on the Colts or another minute watching them until Grigs and Clappy were gone. I stuck to my word and didn't buy any merch, go to a game, or even watch them on tv until the 2018 opener. Today has me feeling the same way.

CletusPyle
01-09-2022, 07:35 PM
Agree with you Jaff. I said in 2016 after the fake punt game against the Cheats that I wouldn't spend another dime on the Colts or another minute watching them until Grigs and Clappy were gone. I stuck to my word and didn't buy any merch, go to a game, or even watch them on tv until the 2018 opener. Today has me feeling the same way.

I don't even feel like watching any NFL football right now...I may just turn it off for awhile!

Hoopsdoc
01-09-2022, 08:12 PM
I don't even feel like watching any NFL football right now...I may just turn it off for awhile!

I’m with you. I may tune in to catch some commercials during the inevitable Patriots/Bucs Super Bowl but I won’t watch much until then.

Dam8610
01-09-2022, 08:18 PM

It's the cap that will insist, not Reich.

omahacolt
01-09-2022, 08:54 PM
They don't have an option but to roll with Wentz next year, they gave up any chance of that when they played him for greater than 75% of this year's snaps and lost that 1. You hope against hope that with an actual camp, Reich can fix Wentz's mechanics, and if he can't, you invest everything into drafing a QB in the 2023 draft.

they absolutely have options other than wentz

Lov2fish
01-09-2022, 08:59 PM
They talk all the shit about how they believe in Sam Ehlinger, give it a go. Damn sure can not be worse than what we were subjected to this year. There are no free agents out there in 2022 who are going to scare opposing defenses.

Edited: Just read it would only cost the Colts 13.8 mil if they cut Wentz. Do this, do this now, before the plane leaves Jacksonville.

Oldcolt
01-09-2022, 09:32 PM
I had thought Wentz was good enough to win with. That was before I saw his incredible ability to play small and fold in pressure situations. It is the exact opposite of what all great QBs have in common. They all don't have cannon's for arms but when the game is on the line you know that you are fucked if they are the QB playing against you. Players like Unitas thrived under pressure, they got more calm more confident as the pressure increased. All the great QBs can take up their game a notch when the pressure increases. Wentz not so much. We are screwed as long as this guy is our qb. Ehlinger needs to get in some serious work on his arm strength this off season. This has the beginnings of an interesting off season.

Dam8610
01-09-2022, 09:54 PM
they absolutely have options other than wentz

Please name them.

apballin
01-09-2022, 10:08 PM
It wasn’t leadership it was a combination of all things

Injury, Covid, hard knocks, having 7 players named to pro bowl that wasn’t deserved and let’s be Honest Ryan Kelly situation hurt this team as well

Dewey 5
01-09-2022, 10:15 PM
Please name them.

I'm curious about that as well. We are in qb hell like a lot of teams.

omahacolt
01-09-2022, 11:08 PM
Please name them.

ehlinger for one. draft pick. free agent.

doesn't matter. wentz should not be handed anything and really should just be cut

apballin
01-09-2022, 11:32 PM
ehlinger for one. draft pick. free agent.

doesn't matter. wentz should not be handed anything and really should just be cut

That’s just being ridiculous

If that was the case he would’ve started vs the raiders when Wentz didn’t practice all week

nate505
01-10-2022, 12:02 AM
Here's what Ryan Kelly had to say about leadership:

"Kind of a shock to everybody," Colts center Ryan Kelly said. "Not many words to describe it. To come here, controlling your own destiny the last two weeks of the season, to go in and not handle your business is a sting that will hurt for a long time. We have to look at ourselves for that. We certainly have the talent and leadership in the room to do it. We just didn't do it."

I agree with the former to an extent. Not sure if I agree with the latter. If you can't win today's sort of game, doesn't say much about the leadership.

nate505
01-10-2022, 12:02 AM

If that was the case he would’ve started vs the raiders when Wentz didn’t practice all week

Wish he would have. He couldn't have been worse.

omahacolt
01-10-2022, 01:04 AM

maybe he should have. we have a whole offseason to see what we can come up with.

the production we got from wentz down the stretch won't be that hard to replicate and we already know wentz is garbage and not the future. continuing what we know won't work gets us nowhere

omahacolt
01-10-2022, 01:06 AM
Here's what Ryan Kelly had to say about leadership:

"Kind of a shock to everybody," Colts center Ryan Kelly said. "Not many words to describe it. To come here, controlling your own destiny the last two weeks of the season, to go in and not handle your business is a sting that will hurt for a long time. We have to look at ourselves for that. We certainly have the talent and leadership in the room to do it. We just didn't do it."

I agree with the former to an extent. Not sure if I agree with the latter. If you can't win today's sort of game, doesn't say much about the leadership.

there is no leadership. there are a bunch of me first idiots who are pretending to be leaders.

reggie wayne was a leader. luck was a leader. manning and mathis were leaders.

Spike
01-10-2022, 01:29 AM
there is no leadership. there are a bunch of me first idiots who are pretending to be leaders.

I agree, but you left out 2 others. Freeney and Sanders.

Oldcolt
01-10-2022, 02:22 AM
I thought this guy Brian Decker was supposed to make sure we had a team filled with grit and the right mental make up. Made a big deal about how he was going to revolutionize scouting. After 22 years as a Green Beret he felt he could quantify in a person what makes for a good locker room, for a good teammate.. Colts thought they had made a coup by hiring him.Obviously bullshit, if by a good locker room you mean a locker room full of people who know how to win, who are capable of self motivating. This is one more call Ballard made that hasn't proven to be correct. He thought he knew the secret of a mentally tough team and he has been proven totally wrong. This team is anything but mentally tough.

apballin
01-10-2022, 06:25 AM

Hard to be a respectable leader when you haven’t won shit

Your list is all super bowl winners and a #1 pick that came in and proved himself in year 1

Nobody on this team has won shit

njcoltfan
01-10-2022, 06:48 AM
With all the football wentz has played, if his mechanics aren't right now, they fuckin never will be !!!

apballin
01-10-2022, 06:58 AM
With all the football wentz has played, if his mechanics aren't right now, they fuckin never will be !!!

It’s simple, get the fuckin ball out quicker

Cut the hero ball shit

Get a true threat at TE and another WR

HoosierinFL
01-10-2022, 07:33 AM
A lot of the leadership issues we were talking about had to do with getting the vaccine. We had some guys go down with covid in the past few weeks and it’s possible they were out there playing at less than 100% and could explain why Nelson and others in the oline were getting whipped, why Wentz was processing slow etc. if so then Again fuck these guys for being selfish and anti-science

albany ed
01-10-2022, 07:59 AM

He should have. Wentz hadn't taken one snap of practice prior to that game. That, coupled with the fact that he sucks even when prepared, should have made this a no brainer decision.

albany ed
01-10-2022, 08:05 AM
One thing I haven't read from anyone, is how this vaunted OL got pushed around for the entire game. All year, they've sucked at pass blocking, then, in this must win game against the worst team in the NFL, they can't even run block. Taylor got most of his yards in spite of the OL, not because of it.

HoosierinFL
01-10-2022, 10:01 AM
I thought this guy Brian Decker was supposed to make sure we had a team filled with grit and the right mental make up. Made a big deal about how he was going to revolutionize scouting. After 22 years as a Green Beret he felt he could quantify in a person what makes for a good locker room, for a good teammate.. Colts thought they had made a coup by hiring him.Obviously bullshit, if by a good locker room you mean a locker room full of people who know how to win, who are capable of self motivating. This is one more call Ballard made that hasn't proven to be correct. He thought he knew the secret of a mentally tough team and he has been proven totally wrong. This team is anything but mentally tough.

You know it never really matters what these guys think. All these tough guy types think they know shit, but they're just assholes. You can't predict how someone will react to a tough situation until they are in that situation, there is no magic test or question you can ask them.

My FIL was a state cop for 30 years and thinks he can tell when someone is lying to him. He can't, he's just an asshole who believes what he wants to believe.

Colts And Orioles
01-10-2022, 10:23 AM
You know, it never really matters what these guys think. All these tough-guy types think they know shit, but they're just assholes. You can't predict how someone will react to a tough situation until they are in that situation, there is no magic test or question you can ask them.

My FIL was a state cop for 30 years, and he thinks he can tell when someone is lying to him. He can't, he's just an asshole who believes what he wants to believe.

o

You don't have a crystal ball. You can't look at a kid, and predict his future anymore than I can. I've sat at those kitchen tables with you, and listened to you tell those parents, "What I know, I know, and when it comes to your son, I know" ....... and you don't ...... you don't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LugIVfL6FbU

o

Oldcolt
01-10-2022, 10:38 AM
I was proven wrong C&O. Happens all the time. After a night to sleep on it, I am not going to put the blame on any one player (Wentz). It was a total team collapse, everyone has blame on this one. Personally I think that it goes back to being idiots and not getting vaccinated. COVID infected so many of our starters late in the season. Any of you who have had COVID or know folks who have had it know that nobody feels great for quite some time after the infection. In the NFL if you are just a little off you get your asses handed to you. I've buried a child and there is no way Kelly was mentally into the game like he wanted to be. Not his fault, nothing a human can do about grief except let it ride. The real key to leadership is where they take us from here. If they are able to pull themselves together and have a successful year next year I will happily be proven wrong again. I doubt it will happen though. This could lead to a downward spiral big time.

Colts And Orioles
01-10-2022, 10:38 AM

o

2 weeks ago, a lot of Colts fans were saying that this team had balls of steel after they gutted out a win over the Cardinals on their home-field when 4 out of the 5 starters on the offensive line were out due to COVID and injury.

http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136388

I'm guessing that this is what Ballard meant by good team culture. Absolutely agree with C&O on this one. It would have been so easy to fold emotionally with this many people out, but they didn't. Wentz didn't play hero-ball, and he made some damn good plays. I don't even know what to say about this defense......how the hell did they get this good ??? They are starting to have the smell and feel of a championship defense. They are winning in a decidedly non-finesse, playoff-proven way. Freakin' Puck may not be totally nuts after all. We just might win it all.

o

CletusPyle
01-10-2022, 10:42 AM
I was wrong

Join the club....everyone is a member!

Colts And Orioles
01-10-2022, 10:58 AM
o

OldColt, I'm not picking on you ...... you have plenty of company.

I had this to say before the game against the Cardinals:

o

In my rat's ass of an opinion, the Colts are currently like a runaway train that has gone out of control, and this game against the Cardinals is the last legitimate chance for it to be tripped up and reigned back in ...... if you let them win today, no team on the planet will want to get in their way, in the regular season or the post-season.

o

And I had this to say after the win over the Cardinals.

o

Watch the fuck out, now ....... watch the fuck out for this runaway train of a team.

It's out of control, and nobody wants to be in its way when it comes to town.

o

o

Hoopsdoc
01-10-2022, 11:08 AM
I was proven wrong C&O. Happens all the time. After a night to sleep on it, I am not going to put the blame on any one player (Wentz). It was a total team collapse, everyone has blame on this one. Personally I think that it goes back to being idiots and not getting vaccinated. COVID infected so many of our starters late in the season. Any of you who have had COVID or know folks who have had it know that nobody feels great for quite some time after the infection. In the NFL if you are just a little off you get your asses handed to you. I've buried a child and there is no way Kelly was mentally into the game like he wanted to be. Not his fault, nothing a human can do about grief except let it ride. The real key to leadership is where they take us from here. If they are able to pull themselves together and have a successful year next year I will happily be proven wrong again. I doubt it will happen though. This could lead to a downward spiral big time.

With all due respect, I think you’re complicating things to much.

It’s simple.

Teams figured out that if you contain JT, Wentz will not beat you. He just can’t do it. Everything that went wrong yesterday started with that.

Oldcolt
01-10-2022, 11:19 AM
With all due respect, I think you’re complicating things to much.

It’s simple.

Teams figured out that if you contain JT, Wentz will not beat you. He just can’t do it. Everything that went wrong yesterday started with that.

I would agree with you except that they contained JT by dominating the entire offensive line from the get go. That is not on Wentz, who did zilch to help I would add. Wentz doesn't play defense and the tone of the game was set up by the Jags driving the field at will to begin with. . It was a total team collapse from the get go, not just one crappy guy who blew it for his teammates who were giving it their all. Wentz was the biggest issue for sure, just not the only one.

njcoltfan
01-10-2022, 12:06 PM
I would agree with you except that they contained JT by dominating the entire offensive line from the get go. That is not on Wentz, who did zilch to help I would add. Wentz doesn't play defense and the tone of the game was set up by the Jags driving the field at will to begin with. . It was a total team collapse from the get go, not just one crappy guy who blew it for his teammates who were giving it their all. Wentz was the biggest issue for sure, just not the only one.
That’s why Wentz was brought in here, to win games when everything isn’t working, after all, he’s supposed to be a franchise QB !! He’s not, he’s an average QB at best ! Irsay’s dream of multiple Super Bowls will stay a dream as long as he puts all his faith in the people he has running this franchise. Start paying attention Jim !!

Oldcolt
01-10-2022, 01:10 PM
I don't think he was brought in to be a franchise type quarterback. He needed to be just ok. He isn't. I am agreeing with you that he didn't come close to being what we needed, an average QB.

Brylok
01-10-2022, 03:45 PM
How does Wentz have a solid gold captain C patch on his chest? He hasn't been here long enough nor been a captain on this team long enough to have a solid gold with all of the stars filled in. That's a 5 year team captain patch. One star filled in for each year he's a captain. Was he just gifted that? He certainly hasn't earned it.

Spike
01-10-2022, 04:20 PM
Hard to be a respectable leader when you haven’t won shit

Your list is all super bowl winners and a #1 pick that came in and proved himself in year 1

Nobody on this team has won shit

Yep, hey Irsay let's hang up another shitty banner that says "Almost made the playoffs". This is the most frustrating team in all of my years pulling for the Colts. We beat the Bills, Pats, 49ers, and Cardinals, and I thought here we go. This team can win a SB. But just to shit on my parade, we lose to the Raiders and the worst team in football, the Jackoffs. I don't want to hear any excuses from Reich, Ballard, Wentz or Irsay. Outside of Irsay, the other 3 can go fuck themselves.

Spike
01-10-2022, 04:23 PM
How does Wentz have a solid gold captain C patch on his chest? He hasn't been here long enough nor been a captain on this team long enough to have a solid gold with all of the stars filled in. That's a 5 year team captain patch. One star filled in for each year he's a captain. Was he just gifted that? He certainly hasn't earned it.

Totally agree, he hasn't earned it. He should have been given an F patch, for failure.

Spike
01-10-2022, 04:49 PM
Join the club....everyone is a member!

I CERTAINLY am a member. Glad to have you with us CP, you have really great takes brother.

Chromeburn
01-10-2022, 04:53 PM
Rumors that have probably died off now said that Pittsburgh was possibly going to fire Mike Tomlin. If they did, I'd want him.

The fanbase wants him gone. They are spoiled. I have a steelers friend and he has been talking about for two years (he likes Tomlin, thinks the fanbase is nuts).

I'd take Tomlin in a hot minute.

Dolphins fired Brian Flores. Bad move. Either he or Fangio would be an upgrade in the d coordinator position.

Brylok
01-10-2022, 05:01 PM
The fanbase wants him gone. They are spoiled. I have a steelers friend and he has been talking about for two years (he likes Tomlin, thinks the fanbase is nuts).

I'd take Tomlin in a hot minute.

Dolphins fired Brian Flores. Bad move. Either he or Fangio would be an upgrade in the d coordinator position.

Harbaugh, Tomlin, and probably Flores. I'd have interest in all of those guys.

CletusPyle
01-10-2022, 05:06 PM
I CERTAINLY am a member. Glad to have you with us CP, you have really great takes brother.

I appreciate that...I've really enjoyed the forum this season despite how it ended! Good bunch a guys with a lot of football knowledge!

Racehorse
01-10-2022, 06:48 PM
I appreciate that...I've really enjoyed the forum this season despite how it ended! Good bunch a guys with a lot of football knowledge!

I have learned so much in the time I have been here. Great group of fans here.

JAFF
01-10-2022, 06:51 PM

So the colts should move on from Leonard and Nelson?

Mr. Session
01-10-2022, 06:57 PM

Maybe grab some impact players with leadership qualities so Leonard and Nelson can just focus on being good teammates.

Brylok
01-10-2022, 10:29 PM
Maybe grab some impact players with leadership qualities so Leonard and Nelson can just focus on being good teammates.

Remember Cory Redding? He was a leader. Came here from Baltimore. Hard to believe it's been 7 years since he left.

ChoppedWood
01-10-2022, 11:56 PM
Remember Cory Redding? He was a leader. Came here from Baltimore. Hard to believe it's been 7 years since he left.

Great call- definitely had the heart of the team beating collectively.

Goose was like that as well. Always regretted us letting him go.

JAFF
01-11-2022, 06:59 AM
Did you guys know that this picture is really me? F the man! I am a clown! I love the shoe! I will see you next year! I love Jimmy!

You probably were Jimmy in another life

Dam8610
01-11-2022, 12:19 PM

He must have been named a captain at least 4 times with the Eagles. Rivers had a gold C last year, didn't he?

Colts And Orioles
01-11-2022, 12:45 PM
Harbaugh, Tomlin, and probably Flores ...... I'd have interest in all of those guys.

o

https://mvccte.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/tomflores.jpg

o

CletusPyle
01-11-2022, 01:00 PM
o

o

I don't think that is the Flores he was referring to.....:D

Drewtone
01-11-2022, 03:53 PM
o

o

Nice!!!

Ironshaft
01-11-2022, 04:17 PM
A. While I am not a fan of the move, I believe that there is a 95% chance that team management sticks with Carson Wentz as the starting QB for the Colts in 2022. When he poops the bed again in 2022, we will only then start looking for our next QB.

B. However, in the low, low chance that management realizes that he is not a winner just like the majority of the fan base does, who are other options?

Sam Ehlinger, already on Colts 2022 roster (2021 6th round pick by IND from Texas)
James Morgan, already on Colts 2022 roster (2020 4th round pick by NYJ from FIU)
Andy Dalton, UFA (2021 Cap Hit = $10.000m)
Nick Foles, UFA (2021 Cap Hit = $8.000m)
Cam Newton, UFA (2021 Cap Hit = $6.000m)
Jameis Winston, UFA (2021 Cap Hit = $5.500m)
Teddy Bridgewater, UFA (2021 Cap Hit = $4.437m)
Marcus Mariota, UFA (2021 Cap Hit = $3.500m)

To name a few. And, of course, who can forget the possibility of....

Is Green Bay really going to carry Aaron Rodgers at 39 years old in 2022 with a $46.444m Cap Hit? They save $20m off the cap if they cut him and they are currently $37m OVER the cap for 2022.

There are other options if the Colts want to part ways with Wentz. It was a bad move from the very beginning but my guess is that we are going to suffer an additional year before seeing the "error" of our ways.

CletusPyle
01-11-2022, 05:33 PM
A. While I am not a fan of the move, I believe that there is a 95% chance that team management sticks with Carson Wentz as the starting QB for the Colts in 2022. When he poops the bed again in 2022, we will only then start looking for our next QB.

B. However, in the low, low chance that management realizes that he is not a winner just like the majority of the fan base does, who are other options?

Sam Ehlinger, already on Colts 2022 roster (2021 6th round pick by IND from Texas)
James Morgan, already on Colts 2022 roster (2020 4th round pick by NYJ from FIU)

To name a few. And, of course, who can forget the possibility of....

Is Green Bay really going to carry Aaron Rodgers at 39 years old in 2022 with a $46.444m Cap Hit? They save $20m off the cap if they cut him and they are currently $37m OVER the cap for 2022.

There are other options if the Colts want to part ways with Wentz. It was a bad move from the very beginning but my guess is that we are going to suffer an additional year before seeing the "error" of our ways.

Would the Colts even consider bringing in Foles? That would be a real kick in the nuts to Carson!

ChaosTheory
01-11-2022, 05:47 PM

Not exactly an inspiring list of names. I'm sure all of the respective fan bases of those FA's have said similar things to what we're saying about Wentz now.

I still say our greatest chance of relieving Wentz is for Ehlinger to develop (probably more than I think he can). If not, Wentz is it for 2022.

There just aren't that many real good QBs in the world.

Brylok
01-11-2022, 05:50 PM
Great call- definitely had the heart of the team beating collectively.

Goose was like that as well. Always regretted us letting him go.

Siragusa basically forced his way out though didn't he? But yeah, he was a leader.

Brylok
01-11-2022, 05:53 PM
He must have been named a captain at least 4 times with the Eagles. Rivers had a gold C last year, didn't he?

I guess it carries over from team to team. Never really thought about it until I saw Wentz decked out like Rodgers and, yes, Phil.

Drewtone
01-11-2022, 06:12 PM
Siragusa basically forced his way out though didn't he? But yeah, he was a leader.

Except for that one brawl in the White Castle parking lot on West 38th that one time... or was it the Steak and Shake???

Racehorse
01-11-2022, 07:21 PM
Marcus Mariota, UFA (2021 Cap Hit = $3.500m)This is a guy I had my eye on when he was a rookie. Not sure why he bounced around before we took a flyer, but the guy has an arm and is a real competitor. I hope he sticks with us to find out.

IndyNorm
01-11-2022, 07:51 PM
This is a guy I had my eye on when he was a rookie. Not sure why he bounced around before we took a flyer, but the guy has an arm and is a real competitor. I hope he sticks with us to find out.

I remember him going into the 2020 draft as well and was hoping we'd be able to draft him in the later rounds. Will be interested to see if he can develop, but not going to hold my breath.

Brylok
01-11-2022, 07:53 PM
Except for that one brawl in the White Castle parking lot on West 38th that one time... or was it the Steak and Shake???

I had to look that up. October 21, 1991, he was arrested for having an unlicensed 9mm and Tim Manoa was arrested for public drunkenness. White Castle. They'd lost to the Jets and were 0-8. Ha! So a leader on the field I guess. Off the field, not so much.

apballin
01-12-2022, 06:28 AM
I had to look that up. October 21, 1991, he was arrested for having an unlicensed 9mm and Tim Manoa was arrested for public drunkenness. White Castle. They'd lost to the Jets and were 0-8. Ha! So a leader on the field I guess. Off the field, not so much.

I do remember the year we went in that AFC championship run with Harbaugh it came down to the final game and Colts were losing at halftime and after the game all the players said goose laid into the team in the locker room he was pissed going off throwing shit around telling them they were gonna blow a shot at getting in the playoffs

They all agreed that speech fired them up

Where were our leaders Sunday??

Nelson should’ve been destroying the jags locker room at halftime

Brylok
01-12-2022, 12:03 PM
I do remember the year we went in that AFC championship run with Harbaugh it came down to the final game and Colts were losing at halftime and after the game all the players said goose laid into the team in the locker room he was pissed going off throwing shit around telling them they were gonna blow a shot at getting in the playoffs

They all agreed that speech fired them up

Where were our leaders Sunday??

Nelson should’ve been destroying the jags locker room at halftime

As far as I can tell, we have no leaders. I hope I'm wrong but...man.

Oldcolt
01-12-2022, 12:58 PM
As far as I can tell, we have no leaders. I hope I'm wrong but...man.

None worth a shit. Some do talk a good talk ,however none walk the walk

Chromeburn
01-12-2022, 01:39 PM
This is a guy I had my eye on when he was a rookie. Not sure why he bounced around before we took a flyer, but the guy has an arm and is a real competitor. I hope he sticks with us to find out.

Morgan ran a lot of RPO in college

Drewtone
01-12-2022, 04:22 PM

In fairness to Tony, he did take over Kevin (The Creature) call's tradition of starting a fight with a rookie early in training camp.

Racehorse
01-12-2022, 07:29 PM
Morgan ran a lot of RPO in college

He also has a highlight reel of good deep passes. I think he has a lot of upside, if he can grasp the game at this level.

Brylok
01-12-2022, 08:49 PM
In fairness to Tony, he did take over Kevin (The Creature) call's tradition of starting a fight with a rookie early in training camp.

I'll take your word for it. I wasn't a big Colts fan back in those days.

Puck
01-12-2022, 09:42 PM
He also has a highlight reel of good deep passes. I think he has a lot of upside, if he can grasp the game at this level.

I loved Morgan pre draft. Kid has a CANNON!!!! Maybe the biggest arm in the NFL and is not a starter

Oldcolt
01-12-2022, 11:55 PM
My understanding is Morgan's issue was accuracy.

Dam8610
01-13-2022, 12:31 AM
My understanding is Morgan's issue was accuracy.

That and reading a defense. If you hate Wentz, you'll despise Morgan.

Drewtone
01-13-2022, 10:56 AM
I'll take your word for it. I wasn't a big Colts fan back in those days.

That was back when the only training camp coverage you got was on the Channel 13 6:00 news.

omahacolt
01-13-2022, 10:35 PM

he sure as fuck didn't earn it. i think most people saw that from the get go

omahacolt
01-13-2022, 10:39 PM

i would be fine with moving on from both. although leonard would be tough to see walk because of his play. he shouldn't be a leader for the team though

Oldcolt
01-14-2022, 11:30 AM
You are insane if you think the Colts are going to 'move on' from their arguably two best players.

MeSayDayo
01-14-2022, 11:44 AM
Would see a significant drop off in playmaking ability if we moved Leonard. He is safe.

Cant say the same for Big Q, but if I am looking at Ballard's presser yesterday, we will likely be locking up Q long term.

Personally, if Carson doesn't agree to a pay cut of almost half, I would part ways with him. If he cares about salvaging his career at all he will agree to it, since he can showcase about as well here as any other team. His last shot at earning another contract, otherwise he isn't on a team or a backup at best.

So decide Carson; Play at half your rate and redeem yourself or take your 15 million and see if another team wants to gamble on your broken ass.

His play on the field was substantially worse than his TD:INT ratio would indicate. He should have had about 23 touchdowns and 15 interceptions. A few of his TD's were shuffles and prayer balls, and we also saw about 10 guaranteed INT's dropped by opposing d's.
Carson was bad this year, but even worse than his numbers indicate. A few splash plays does not make a QB

bigalbert
01-14-2022, 01:21 PM
Serious question- what about minshew until we can draft someone else? Kid has performed whenever given a chance pretty much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldcolt
01-14-2022, 01:47 PM
People want to trade Q? Seriously. Does anyone remember our offensive line the year before we drafted Q and what happened to it the year he arrived? You think that was just coincidence? Read what his other lineman say about him. He is transformative because of his football intelligence and his athletic ability to turn that into great plays. We don't see it because we don't know the inner working of a line, but we all saw the effect of Nelson being added to the line. I don't want to see what the effect is if we take him away from that line.

Hoopsdoc
01-14-2022, 02:01 PM
i would be fine with moving on from both. although leonard would be tough to see walk because of his play. he shouldn't be a leader for the team though

If this is because of their vax status, it’s ridiculous.

MeSayDayo
01-14-2022, 04:01 PM
People want to trade Q? Seriously. Does anyone remember our offensive line the year before we drafted Q and what happened to it the year he arrived? You think that was just coincidence? Read what his other lineman say about him. He is transformative because of his football intelligence and his athletic ability to turn that into great plays. We don't see it because we don't know the inner working of a line, but we all saw the effect of Nelson being added to the line. I don't want to see what the effect is if we take him away from that line.

We did see the impact this year and it really wasn't a huge drop off.

Q is a luxury that we can (but shouldn't) afford. If we actually had a decent QB to protect then sure

Oldcolt
01-14-2022, 05:47 PM
I disagree that we saw the impact. You can lose a guy for a game or two here and there and keep going. It happens in every sport, the sub comes in and the team plays well. It is a different situation over a full season. You build around a Nelson. His stand on the vaccine it completely irrelevant to me.

Oldcolt
01-14-2022, 06:32 PM
One last thing about Nelson. As a fan watching this guy play has given me personally more joy than any Colt over the last 4 years and any lineman ever. I do not want to give up watching him do his thing. Selfish ,I know, but Q is a big reason I enjoy watching this team.

ChaosTheory
01-14-2022, 08:30 PM
Nelson is my favorite Colt right now. Thinking back to our interior with Mike McGlynn and Samson Satele gives me heartburn. That 2018 impact was immediate, play and attitude.

And he's fun to watch individually.

Brylok
01-14-2022, 09:07 PM
he sure as fuck didn't earn it. i think most people saw that from the get go

I didn't know that captain badges transfer to other teams when players move. Seems dumb to me but whatever.

omahacolt
01-15-2022, 10:24 AM
You are insane if you think the Colts are going to 'move on' from their arguably two best players.

i don't think we are going to.

omahacolt
01-15-2022, 10:26 AM
If this is because of their vax status, it’s ridiculous.

it is not.

paying a guard, and left guard at that, the amount of money we will be paying Q is a tough sell to me. and if the price were right, i would move him no problem.

omahacolt
01-15-2022, 10:27 AM
I disagree that we saw the impact. You can lose a guy for a game or two here and there and keep going. It happens in every sport, the sub comes in and the team plays well. It is a different situation over a full season. You build around a Nelson. His stand on the vaccine it completely irrelevant to me.

he is definitely fun to watch

Hoopsdoc
01-15-2022, 11:21 AM
it is not.

paying a guard, and left guard at that, the amount of money we will be paying Q is a tough sell to me. and if the price were right, i would move him no problem.

I’d rather see them cut Kelly than not resign Q. Release Kelly and let Glowinski leave. Replace them with Pinter at center and Reed/draft pick at right guard.