PDA

View Full Version : wentz

omahacolt
01-02-2022, 05:21 PM
what avenue do we realistically have to get rid of him. I can't imagine anyone giving us more than a 3 for him.

we could keep him and have him compete with ehlinger and a new rookie. i can't imagine a free agent being brought in.

wentz has to go though. can't win with that clown

nate505
01-02-2022, 05:25 PM
Yeah, he's pretty brutal. The fact he can't hit a receiver in stride is really, really bad.

DragonTails
01-02-2022, 05:34 PM
Everyone loved him a few weeks ago.

You can't play great every game. Holmes sucked for 4 weeks in a row.

Next week is going to be a big struggle since the jags always play the colts tough.

Hoopsdoc
01-02-2022, 05:36 PM
Wentz was just awful from the very first snap today. Just brutal.

I’ve been one of his biggest defenders but today was almost as bad as the 2nd Titans game. He was THE reason Indy didn’t win today.

Chromeburn
01-02-2022, 05:48 PM
7 pro bowlers

1 mvp candidate

1 DPOY candidate

We can barely make the playoffs. Something is wrong here and I think it’s Wentz. The guy kills more drives with his inaccuracy and bad decisions. All we need is a game manager and he can’t even do that.

omahacolt
01-02-2022, 05:48 PM
reich doesn't really trust him. which holds the offense back.

wentz is inaccurate, bad in the pocket and makes dumb decisions. any playoff wins will be in spite of him.

DragonTails
01-02-2022, 05:50 PM
7 pro bowlers

1 mvp candidate

1 DPOY candidate

We can barely make the playoffs. Something is wrong here and I think it’s Wentz. The guy kills more drives with his inaccuracy and bad decisions. All we need is a game manager and he can’t even do that.

Reich has been wrong many weeks, too.

ChoppedWood
01-02-2022, 05:51 PM

wentz is inaccurate, bad in the pocket and makes dumb decisions. any playoff wins will be in spite of him.

I have no idea how we can say Reich doesn't trust him? He let him throw the ball 26 times in a row in a game just a few weeks ago. In the 2 minute today he threw a bunch of passes in a row. Trying to get into the EZ late in the game today he was allowed to throw it. I think he trusts him, I think he trusts him way too F-king much actually.

Lov2fish
01-02-2022, 05:51 PM
Was in favor of the trade in the beginning. As he got healthier during the year his play didn't. Even though he wasn't completely responsible for some of our earlier losses (Defense was) He just was never the guy you could count on to drive us down the field. The game gets to big for him and he shrinks. I have never seen a quarterback miss high on throws as much as he does. The receivers constantly have to adjust to get his catches. This cost us so much yac during the year. Hitting a few in stride this year would have been sure touchdowns. Instead they had to come back for the throw, or go down to the ground and get it. Just rarely ever see him hit someone in stride on the numbers. Right now Philly fucking fleeced us out of a pick. Damn, sure wish I was right when I said good trade. Mustard on crow is not that bad.

ChoppedWood
01-02-2022, 05:52 PM
Reich has been wrong many weeks, too.

With all those dudes, and with the number of losses that have come after dominating the TO battle. I see a much bigger problem than QB play.

apballin
Yep he was terrible today, blame practice or WTF ever but if he’s not ready might as well roll ellingher out there

kitekrazy
what avenue do we realistically have to get rid of him. I can't imagine anyone giving us more than a 3 for him.

we could keep him and have him compete with ehlinger and a new rookie. i can't imagine a free agent being brought in.

Have 2-14 season and the right year of a draft making the right pick.

rm1369
01-02-2022, 06:09 PM
Unfortunately the Colts best chance at improvement is likely going to be Reich working with Wentz and trying to minimize the bad Wentz as much as possible. Let’s face it - Colts fans have been spoiled by Manning and Luck. This is what most franchises deal with season to season. The Colts can win SBs with Wentz, but it certainly won’t be because of him.

Minimize his mistakes and build a D that can get turnovers, but doesn’t require them to be effective. Add more help at WR and cut down the worst of Wentz. You can win that way. And at this point it is much more likely than finding a franchise QB.

IndyNorm
01-02-2022, 06:11 PM
Yeah, Wentz is god awful. What's really bad about the situation is that as he's gotten healthier and more time to gel with the offense he's just gotten worse.

Unfortunately it looks like we're going to be stuck with him for the next year+ :(

Dewey 5
01-02-2022, 06:15 PM

We're stuck with hin for at least one more year.

nate505
01-02-2022, 06:42 PM
Unfortunately the Colts best chance at improvement is likely going to be Reich working with Wentz and trying to minimize the bad Wentz as much as possible. Let’s face it - Colts fans have been spoiled by Manning and Luck. This is what most franchises deal with season to season. The Colts can win SBs with Wentz, but it certainly won’t be because of him.

Minimize his mistakes and build a D that can get turnovers, but doesn’t require them to be effective. Add more help at WR and cut down the worst of Wentz. You can win that way. And at this point it is much more likely than finding a franchise QB.

Yeah, as much as I detest him right now, the Colts will roll with him at least one more year. So the best hope is that Reich can correct some of the bad out of him.

That said, I'm not sure what Reich can do about the decision making. The most brain dead play I saw today was Wentz, who admittedly did a spectacular job of escaping out of a sure sack, had a huge lane to run and gain yards. Instead, for some stupid inconceivable reason he decides to pass the ball to a guy who was covered. At the best if that pass is made he's getting tackled for a 10 yard gain. Unless there was a different angle, he could have ran for 10 yards in his sleep at worst, and may have got 20-30 or so.

ChoppedWood
01-02-2022, 06:51 PM
Yeah, as much as I detest him right now, the Colts will roll with him at least one more year. So the best hope is that Reich can correct some of the bad out of him.

That said, I'm not sure what Reich can do about the decision making. The most brain dead play I saw today was Wentz, who admittedly did a spectacular job of escaping out of a sure sack, had a huge lane to run and gain yards. Instead, for some stupid inconceivable reason he decides to pass the ball to a guy who was covered. At the best if that pass is made he's getting tackled for a 10 yard gain. Unless there was a different angle, he could have ran for 10 yards in his sleep at worst, and may have got 20-30 or so.

Yep that play was horrible. So was the throw to Hines in the flat on the final drive, and that, that looked like it was designed and he threw it to the intended WR.... if so, that's not on him, that's on coach for calling such a stupid play right there.

JAFF
01-02-2022, 06:52 PM

Probably more than 1 year, there wont be a first round draft pick for the coming year. Should the colts go fishing for a FA Qb?

Drewtone
01-02-2022, 06:59 PM
Probably more than 1 year, there wont be a first round draft pick for the coming year. Should the colts go fishing for a FA Qb?

I mean, maybe keep an eye out, but Carson, IMHO, deserves a full offseason/training camp in this system/with the coaches.

omahacolt
01-02-2022, 07:06 PM
I have no idea how we can say Reich doesn't trust him? He let him throw the ball 26 times in a row in a game just a few weeks ago. In the 2 minute today he threw a bunch of passes in a row. Trying to get into the EZ late in the game today he was allowed to throw it. I think he trusts him, I think he trusts him way too F-king much actually.

running on almost all 1st and 2nd downs. hardly using playaction

the playcalling doesn't show he trusts him fully

ChaosTheory
01-02-2022, 07:16 PM

He's like the inverse of Rivers. Wentz has the physical tools but seems to lack the processing power. The processing is far more important. Luck thrived with both. People used to call Reich's pass game "state of the art", etc.

I never feel like Wentz has timing with his receivers, not throwing with anticipation. Rarely feels like they're in a flow.

I've loathed the hero ball shit from the jump. The throw to MAC was infuriating. And I'd rather shit in my own hands than see another scrambling, backhanded, 8yd pass attempt to nobody.

DragonTails
01-02-2022, 07:29 PM
running on almost all 1st and 2nd downs. hardly using playaction

the playcalling doesn't show he trusts him fully

No, that's just Reich being a dumbass.

ChoppedWood
01-02-2022, 07:51 PM
No, that's just Reich being a dumbass.

Something else that seems to be a pattern with El Obtuso.

It appears that whenever the run is going good and we get a holding penalty, Obtuso reverts to a passing sequence for several plays thereafter. I don't have any kind of stats to back this but I seem to recall several instances this year, including in this game, where JT pops a nice run but there is a hold and boom we gotta throw some passes as some sort of counter?

I see Omaha's point but to me the bigger issue is trusting Wentz more than he does the line when the evidence is clearly to the contrary. Then again, that's my whole issue with Frank in a nutshell, the whole contrarian style he seems to love.

And for the love of God, yeah Wentz is not very good but why in the absolute F-K do we have such a hard time giving him more than 1.5 seconds of clean pocket to work with?

HoosierinFL
01-02-2022, 07:54 PM
Well I posted in the game thread without seeing this thread, so I’ll repeat it here.

I don’t begrudge trading for him, we needed a QB, Stafford was too pricey. But we also have to cut our losses. He’s not the guy. You just can’t lean on him when you need a big play to win. He makes crazy plays here and there throughout the season, is a great scrambler and avoids sacks, but just doesn’t make the big throw when you need it. And if your QB can’t do that, then you can’t win consistently and you can’t go deep in the playoffs. That’s plain and simple.

We def don’t need another Manning or Luck, but any number of regular guys would be a big step up here, someone like Goff, Carr, Tannehill, hell even Minshew or Davis Mills would likely be improvements.

rm1369
01-02-2022, 07:54 PM

That was the second worst decision I remember him making - I was screaming at the TV it was so stupid. The worst however was the throw that ended up a TD to Hilton. Just a horrible decision that worked out.

I don’t think you can ever fully coach the stupid decisions out of him, but I think you can help him minimize them. A lot of his bad decisions come when he’s trying to extend plays. It is extremely rare to see him just truly throw the ball away. Not before he’s been contacted by the D and is throwing it left handed anyway. I think you have to treat him like a rookie and simplify the offense for him unfortunately. Quicker decisions, reading only half the field, etc.

Chromeburn
01-02-2022, 07:56 PM
Something else that seems to be a pattern with El Obtuso.

It appears that whenever the run is going good and we get a holding penalty, Obtuso reverts to a passing sequence for several plays thereafter. I don't have any kind of stats to back this but I seem to recall several instances this year, including in this game, where JT pops a nice run but there is a hold and boom we gotta throw some passes as some sort of counter?

I see Omaha's point but to me the bigger issue is trusting Wentz more than he does the line when the evidence is clearly to the contrary. Then again, that's my whole issue with Frank in a nutshell, the whole contrarian style he seems to love.

And for the love of God, yeah Wentz is not very good but why in the absolute F-K do we have such a hard time giving him more than 1.5 seconds of clean pocket to work with?

We don’t. He holds the ball too long. He is at about 2.5 second average for holding the ball which is one of the longest in the league. He doesn’t process fast enough or get through his progressions.

ChoppedWood
01-02-2022, 08:04 PM
We don’t. He holds the ball too long. He is at about 2.5 second average for holding the ball which is one of the longest in the league. He doesn’t process fast enough or get through his progressions.

Yeah he definitely holds it too long- which I think BOTH can co-exist; i.e= we don't pass pro well and he's too slow to process and I guess that reflects on just how shoddy he is at the job. I know this is a very tough and largely unfair comparison but I think to Peyton in the latter years when the line wasn't very good. Peyton became the most insanely fast read and throw guy I can ever recall seeing. He KNEW the line couldn't give him much time so he got rid of the damn ball. To some extent this is also a reflection on Reich being too effing pig headed to change things up. The PP is bad, the WR's aren't good outside of Pittman, but we still seem to have a ton of outside slow developing routes vs curls, slants, and crosses.

YDFL Commish
01-02-2022, 08:23 PM
Wentz played like ass and was the biggest simple reason for the Colts loss. The guy is about as accurate as me throwing it with my dick.

Absolutely brutal over throws and under throws.

nate505
01-02-2022, 08:32 PM
Like I'm not saying this to be a dick, but I just don't understand how you can constantly be so inaccurate same be an NFL QB.

Racehorse
01-02-2022, 08:35 PM
Wentz played like ass and was the biggest simple reason for the Colts loss. The guy is about as accurate as me throwing it with my dick.

Please tell me you have never tried that.

JAFF
01-02-2022, 08:36 PM
Please tell me you have never tried that.

If he answers “yes” ask for video evidence

rm1369
01-02-2022, 08:41 PM
Like I'm not saying this to be a dick, but I just don't understand how you can constantly be so inaccurate same be an NFL QB.

Poor, undisciplined mechanics. Accuracy is largely a function of consistency. Wentz doesn’t have it. Think of how often you see him throwing side arm or while back peddling, etc. He holds the ball and doesn’t throw in rhythm, so he makes too many throws without proper footwork or alignment.

apballin
01-02-2022, 08:43 PM
He's like the inverse of Rivers. Wentz has the physical tools but seems to lack the processing power. The processing is far more important. Luck thrived with both. People used to call Reich's pass game "state of the art", etc.

I never feel like Wentz has timing with his receivers, not throwing with anticipation. Rarely feels like they're in a flow.

I've loathed the hero ball shit from the jump. The throw to MAC was infuriating. And I'd rather shit in my own hands than see another scrambling, backhanded, 8yd pass attempt to nobody.

Yes when he made the across the body-across the field throw- mid scramble to the biggest most uncoordinated player we have I was like WTF are you doing???????

I’m officially over the Allie cox experience he has regressed, he’s not a football player and definitely doesn’t wanna take a hit, that fumble after being hit by a DB half his size was pathetic

Racehorse
01-02-2022, 08:47 PM

No, thanks

omahacolt
01-02-2022, 09:00 PM

Jaff wants to see some man meat

Hoopsdoc
01-02-2022, 09:48 PM

I told my brother we win that game by at least 10 points with Philip Rivers. Wentz was just horrible today.

indycolts2
01-02-2022, 09:49 PM

Which really makes me wonder why Reich would lobby to get him in the first place. I'm not going to come off as a Reich hater but really wonder how a guy who had prime Philip Rivers, caught lightning in a bottle for one season with Wentz/Foles, Andrew Luck for one season, and Rivers last year is seen as a QB fixer/guru? He couldn't fix Brissett and 16 games into a sixth season for Wentz he still looks like a rookie a lot of the time. Hope the Colts don't lock him into an expensive extension because he needs to prove it beyond this year's spotty play.

JAFF
01-02-2022, 10:17 PM
Jaff wants to see some man meat

No sense asking you

YDFL Commish
01-02-2022, 10:44 PM

I will need and ACME RUBBER BAND, but then I promise you I can get the job done!

rm1369
01-02-2022, 11:04 PM
Which really makes me wonder why Reich would lobby to get him in the first place. I'm not going to come off as a Reich hater but really wonder how a guy who had prime Philip Rivers, caught lightning in a bottle for one season with Wentz/Foles, Andrew Luck for one season, and Rivers last year is seen as a QB fixer/guru? He couldn't fix Brissett and 16 games into a sixth season for Wentz he still looks like a rookie a lot of the time. Hope the Colts don't lock him into an expensive extension because he needs to prove it beyond this year's spotty play.

Luck’s most efficient season was with Reich. Rivers was much better with Reich than he was the previous year in San Diego. Wentz’s best years have been with Reich. Hell, Brisetts best 1/2 season was with Reich. You can’t expect him take a shit starter and turn him into Peyton Manning. Shit don’t work that way. As frustrating as Wentz has been, he’s definitely improved from last year. You hope with a full offseason, no broken foot, and hopefully a full camp that he improves again next year.

As far as why Reich wanted him if he isn’t trusting him. I think Reich believes he can be tamed and the team was looking beyond just this year. He’s not as bad as this game. They can win with him. Time will tell if Reich can continue to mold him.

CletusPyle
01-02-2022, 11:28 PM
I think some of you are being way too hard on Wentz...I think the guy is a pretty good fit for the Colts! He is a competitor, tough as nails, strong, and at times shows a lot of skill at his position. He had a bad game today, reverted back to some of his bonehead reckless plays and held the ball way too long at times!

I also didn't like some of the play calling in this game down the stretch, I hated the passes to Hines on that last drive. He is still a young guy, he is going to get better! And as much as I hate to say it, because he is one of my favorite players, Kenny Moore did not have a great game today either!

rcubed
01-02-2022, 11:45 PM
I am tired of the high throws. Two weeks in a row with too many of them. Last week he pulled it out. Not so much this week.

ChoppedWood
01-02-2022, 11:45 PM
I think some of you are being way too hard on Wentz...I think the guy is a pretty good fit for the Colts! He is a competitor, tough as nails, strong, and at times shows a lot of skill at his position. He had a bad game today, reverted back to some of his bonehead reckless plays and held the ball way too long at times!

I also didn't like some of the play calling in this game down the stretch, I hated the passes to Hines on that last drive. He is still a young guy, he is going to get better! And as much as I hate to say it, because he is one of my favorite players, Kenny Moore did not have a great game today either!

Yep we got back to Frank being crafty Frank today- like the jet dive to Jackson on 3rd down. It generally never works, but hey, in his mind I bet he thinks he is really getting over on them and when he goes home he high fives himself for such plays.

Lov2fish
01-03-2022, 12:14 AM

He has all the physical tools to be an exceptional QB. The part between his ears are his biggest obstacle and I am not sure anyone is going to coach that out of him. The high throws and inability to hit a receiver in stride is not something that just came about today. It has been an issue all year, it just gets magnified in the losses, mainly cause the glaring problem in the losses are him.

bigalbert
01-03-2022, 12:26 AM
What would it take to get Minshew in here as a backup. Might be the best backup in the league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CletusPyle
01-03-2022, 08:14 AM
He has all the physical tools to be an exceptional QB. The part between his ears are his biggest obstacle and I am not sure anyone is going to coach that out of him. The high throws and inability to hit a receiver in stride is not something that just came about today. It has been an issue all year, it just gets magnified in the losses, mainly cause the glaring problem in the losses are him.

And yet the throw he made to Patmon in the back of the endzone was as good and accurate of a pass as I've ever seen. Not only hit him in stride, but was perfectly placed! I still contend that he is young enough that many of his bad decisions/habits can be "coached out of him"....maybe he needs a better QB coach?

I could be wrong, but I don't see him going anywhere, any time soon! He is still much better than any QB we could have drafted this year, and with our D, which is only going to get better, and Jonathan, he doesn't have to be Peyton Manning for this team to win a championship! Just my two cents....

MeSayDayo
01-03-2022, 09:48 AM
This is the way I see it..

Sure, we could have had Minshew, but not at the rate that the Eagles paid to get him, since we are a division rival and all. Jax would have tried to fleece us and he really is just a game managing type that has already shown his limitations.

We could have went after Stafford hard and mortgaged our future to do so...that decision in hindsight might have given us *maybe* one Lombardi with the time Stafford has left. We would be rebuilding again in 4 years (with LA having all of our draft picks) and that plan would have required us to bring in more receiving talent as well.

Could have went Winston, Darnold, Dalton. I think Winston would have given us very much the same as what Carson has, Dalton and Foles would have given us the same as Minshew- game management but no ability to blow the top off and will our team to a win, which Carson at least has shown a propensity to do. It might be the ugliest turnover in the world, which we have seen ad-nauseum with Wentz this season....or it results in a TD, which we saw to Pittman vs SF and TY yesterday. Prayer balls...and Carson is a Jesus man after all.

And that leaves the rookie class. Lawrence has been historically bad, Lance has barely seen the field and hasn't looked great when he has, and Fields has been bad, lets not sugarcoat it. Zach Wilson much of the same.
As for the Qb's that we may not have had to trade the farm to acquire, Mac Jones and Mills from Houston have both outperformed expectations but do YOU really want either of them RIGHT NOW for the Colts over Wentz?

Maybe, but its close.

We don't have the capital to go get a young stud QB anyways, but I think we absolutely have to replace Wentz by the time his contract expires. That gives us another season of building around him/coaching him and if he exceeds expectations great, but I am not betting on it after year 6 in the league. He actually profiles as the perfect backup QB if not for the cost.

omahacolt
01-03-2022, 01:28 PM
No sense asking you

just ask your mom if you want to see mine

Chromeburn
01-03-2022, 02:04 PM
This is the way I see it..

Sure, we could have had Minshew, but not at the rate that the Eagles paid to get him, since we are a division rival and all. Jax would have tried to fleece us and he really is just a game managing type that has already shown his limitations.

We could have went after Stafford hard and mortgaged our future to do so...that decision in hindsight might have given us *maybe* one Lombardi with the time Stafford has left. We would be rebuilding again in 4 years (with LA having all of our draft picks) and that plan would have required us to bring in more receiving talent as well.

Could have went Winston, Darnold, Dalton. I think Winston would have given us very much the same as what Carson has, Dalton and Foles would have given us the same as Minshew- game management but no ability to blow the top off and will our team to a win, which Carson at least has shown a propensity to do. It might be the ugliest turnover in the world, which we have seen ad-nauseum with Wentz this season....or it results in a TD, which we saw to Pittman vs SF and TY yesterday. Prayer balls...and Carson is a Jesus man after all.

And that leaves the rookie class. Lawrence has been historically bad, Lance has barely seen the field and hasn't looked great when he has, and Fields has been bad, lets not sugarcoat it. Zach Wilson much of the same.
As for the Qb's that we may not have had to trade the farm to acquire, Mac Jones and Mills from Houston have both outperformed expectations but do YOU really want either of them RIGHT NOW for the Colts over Wentz?

Maybe, but its close.

We don't have the capital to go get a young stud QB anyways, but I think we absolutely have to replace Wentz by the time his contract expires. That gives us another season of building around him/coaching him and if he exceeds expectations great, but I am not betting on it after year 6 in the league. He actually profiles as the perfect backup QB if not for the cost.

A couple people wanted to draft Mac Jones, I was one of them. Before we traded for Wentz. We are stuck with Wentz for right now. He has to improve or we will have another wasted season.

Really, you don't know how some of these other QB's would perform on this team. A solid defense and dominant running game is picture perfect for an incoming QB. But Wentz can't even beat single-man coverage. If he doesn't improve it will be a short playoff trip.

Lov2fish
01-03-2022, 02:07 PM
And yet the throw he made to Patmon in the back of the endzone was as good and accurate of a pass as I've ever seen. Not only hit him in stride, but was perfectly placed! I still contend that he is young enough that many of his bad decisions/habits can be "coached out of him"....maybe he needs a better QB coach?

I could be wrong, but I don't see him going anywhere, any time soon! He is still much better than any QB we could have drafted this year, and with our D, which is only going to get better, and Jonathan, he doesn't have to be Peyton Manning for this team to win a championship! Just my two cents....

Its the part about him having every tangible to be an exceptional QB. He will hit a throw like that, but they are rarer than they should be. To be above average in this league you need consistency. He doesn't have it. He has a beast of a warrior mentality. No questioning his toughness, but we need more than that from him to take the next step.

I have been a fan since before they got to Indy. I will always be a loyal Colt fan. I won't however see everything through blue glasses. I am realistic and this team needs help for a truly consistent playoff run every year. Catching lightening in a bottle will only get ya so far.

ChaosTheory
01-03-2022, 05:06 PM
Any thoughts/answers are welcome...

Wentz criticisms are noted enough. Overthrows, antsy with pressure, heave-and-a-prayer type throws... Plus, we just paid a 1st and 3rd, Reich loves him, and I think his flaws make him inconsistent, not necessarily bad. He's our guy at least for a while.

So aside from Wentz, how was our passing offense? Without watching the all-22 it's hard to judge receivers down field. But we are lacking behind Pittman. And I love Pittman, but he's a football player before he's a receiver. Ideally, if he's our #2, that's awesome.

Doyle being out was also big.

Also, I haven't rewatched the O-line yet, but remember the impact of one guy being out when Castonzo was here? Fisher is not as good as Castonzo, but I want to go back and pay attention to Pryor. Not to mention it was Kelly's first game back. Maybe they did alright?

omahacolt
01-03-2022, 05:28 PM

Wentz criticisms are noted enough. Overthrows, antsy with pressure, heave-and-a-prayer type throws... Plus, we just paid a 1st and 3rd, Reich loves him, and I think his flaws make him inconsistent, not necessarily bad. He's our guy at least for a while.

So aside from Wentz, how was our passing offense? Without watching the all-22 it's hard to judge receivers down field. But we are lacking behind Pittman. And I love Pittman, but he's a football player before he's a receiver. Ideally, if he's our #2, that's awesome.

Also, I haven't rewatched the O-line yet, but remember the impact of one guy being out when Castonzo was here? Fisher is not as good as Castonzo, but I want to go back and pay attention to Pryor. Not to mention it was Kelly's first game back. Maybe they did alright?

well yeah our wr's are underperforming as well. we need help there for sure. pascal should not constantly get over 60% of the wr snaps.

the oline wasn't great yesterday. Pryor wasn't too bad pass blocking. he had some bad plays but overall he seemed fine.

YDFL Commish
01-03-2022, 08:46 PM

Also, I haven't rewatched the O-line yet, but remember the impact of one guy being out when Castonzo was here? Fisher is not as good as Castonzo, but I want to go back and pay attention to Pryor. Not to mention it was Kelly's first game back. Maybe they did alright?'

Get yo head out yo ass and realize that Wetnz sucks! We all see it. I've lived through Pagel, Trudeau, Schlicter, Herman... to say this was on a par with them is both embarrassing and true.

Lov2fish
01-03-2022, 09:28 PM
'

Get yo head out yo ass and realize that Wetnz sucks! We all see it. I've lived through Pagel, Trudeau, Schlicter, Herman... to say this was on a par with them is both embarrassing and true.

Don't forget to toss Jeff George in there, the dude from Green Bay whos name I can't spell how it was pronounced. Just a long list of nobodies after Jones until Peyton

CletusPyle
01-03-2022, 10:15 PM
'

You are just wrong if you think Wentz is on par with Trudeau or Herman, what games are you watching?

I would say he does remind me a little of Harbaugh, but I think he is slightly better. This team could easily have the #1 seed with just a few breaks in those early close losses....and all of those were not Wentz's fault! I think Wentz is going to prove you wrong, if not this season, next year for sure!

Lov2fish
01-03-2022, 10:33 PM
You are just wrong if you think Wentz is on par with Trudeau or Herman, what games are you watching?

I would say he does remind me a little of Harbaugh, but I think he is slightly better. This team could easily have the #1 seed with just a few breaks in those early close losses....and all of those were not Wentz's fault! I think Wentz is going to prove you wrong, if not this season, next year for sure!

Nobody hopes you're right more than me. I have been a true fan since circa 78/79 Harbaugh threw a good ball. He didn't have an overpowering arm, but he was accurate and had ice water in his veins when the game was on the line. Dude didn't flinch.

CletusPyle
01-03-2022, 10:45 PM
Nobody hopes you're right more than me. I have been a true fan since circa 78/79 Harbaugh threw a good ball. He didn't have an overpowering arm, but he was accurate and had ice water in his veins when the game was on the line. Dude didn't flinch.

Nobody will ever convince me that the Colts didn't beat the Steelers in '95...Harbaugh's Colts team should have gone to the Super Bowl!

ChaosTheory
01-03-2022, 11:31 PM
Nobody will ever convince me that the Colts didn't beat the Steelers in '95...Harbaugh's Colts team should have gone to the Super Bowl!

Grew up watching football with dad and grandpa, but '95 was the first season I really followed it on my own. That playoff run was amazing and hooked me on the Colts.

And then they beat the Cowboys early next season. Man, the ultimate what-if.

Butter
01-04-2022, 12:49 AM

This is the thing that make me really upset since Frank is the reason we have him. When we cut Wentz Reich should be fired.

Luck4Reich
01-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Don't forget to toss Jeff George in there, the dude from Green Bay whos name I can't spell how it was pronounced. Just a long list of nobodies after Jones until Peyton

Don Majkowski

Yeah talk about some rough years until Peyton.

Agree about Harbaugh beating Steelers.. I also think that team had a chance to beat the Cowboys too. NFL wanted their Steelers vs Cowboys SB.

Chromeburn
01-04-2022, 02:32 PM
I started following in '89. I remember the Emtman draft. I was so pumped for that guy. He would have been good if his knees hadn't given out.

It was a long road to Peyton and the winning years.

As for Wentz, until he shows he can beat man coverage with accurate passes, defenses will stack the box and blitz him. Tannenhill roasted the Dolphins when they blitzed him Sunday. Wentz needs to be able to do that. He doesn't need to be a top 5 QB, just top 20. But I don't know if he can do that. I never know what kind of pass is coming out of his hands.