PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Wayne Pro Bowl Finalist

Discflinger
12-30-2021, 06:41 PM
All the way to Canton this time!

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
12-30-2021, 10:58 PM
Here was a write-up from Chappell who is a member of the selection committee:

https://fox59.com/sports/reggie-wayne-reaches-final-15-in-pursuit-of-pro-football-hall-of-fames-class-of-2022/

INDIANAPOLIS – Maybe the third time’s the charm for Reggie Wayne.

One of the most prolific wide receivers in Indianapolis Colts and NFL history is one of the 15 finalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Class of 2022.

It’s Wayne’s third year of eligibility and the third time he’s been one of 15 modern-era finalists. He reached the final 10 in last year’s voting process.

Another record-setting Colt – Robert Mathis – failed to make the cut to the final 15. The team’s career sack leader is in his first year of eligibility.

Wayne’s candidacy is rooted in two-pronged success during his 14-year career. He:

ranks 10th in league history in both receptions (1,070) and yards (14,345).
ranks 3rd in postseason history with 93 receptions and 6th with 1,254 yards.
In team history, Wayne trails only Marvin Harrison, a member of the Hall of Fame’s Class of 2016, in receptions, yards and touchdowns.

One of Wayne’s invaluable assets came as a leader in the locker room and on the practice field. He benefitted from playing alongside Harrison, and was quick to share that experience with other younger Colt receivers.

That included T.Y. Hilton. In 2012, Hilton was added to the roster as a third-round draft pick. Wayne was heading into his 12th season.

“Reggie’s a great guy, man, on the field, off the field,’’ Hilton said Thursday prior to the Final 15 announcement. “He’s a big brother to me, a guy I can lean on.

“He means more to me than anything and I pray and hope he gets that nod. He’s well-deserving of it. His hard work, his dedication to the sport, just bringing me in when he didn’t have to, taking me under his wing.

“I really hope he gets it.’’

Wayne is bidding to join several former teammates and colleagues in Canton, Ohio: quarterback Peyton Manning (Class of 2021), running back Edgerrin James (Class of 2020), Harrison, coach Tony Dungy (Class of 2016) and president/general manager Bill Polian (Class of 2015).

The Selection Committee (I am a member) will meet virtually Jan. 18 to determine the Class of 2022.

The Final 15 modern-era candidates, including each player’s years of eligibility:

WR Reggie Wayne (3)
DE Jared Allen (2)
OT Willie Anderson (9)
DB Ronde Barber (5)
OT Tony Boselli (16)
S Leroy Butler (16)
WR/KR/PR Devin Hester (1)
WR Torry Holt (8)
WR Andre Johnson (1)
LB Sam Mills (20)
DL Richard Seymour (5)
LB Zach Thomas (9)
LB/DE DeMarcus Ware (1)
LB Patrick Willis (3)
DT/DE Bryant Young (10)

Puck
12-30-2021, 11:30 PM
Greatest Colt EVER!!

Dam8610
12-31-2021, 02:57 AM
11 of those finalists should be in and Hester beating out Mathis as a finalist is a joke.

JAFF
12-31-2021, 07:30 AM
11 of those finalists should be in and Hester beating out Mathis as a finalist is a joke.

The getting caught using steroids didnt help

JAFF
12-31-2021, 07:32 AM
Greatest Colt EVER!!

Really?

Hoopsdoc
12-31-2021, 10:03 AM
Really?

Would have to be 18 or 19 I would think.

ChaosTheory
12-31-2021, 10:48 AM

Manning is in the conversation for greatest QB/player of all-time. Hard not to put him at the top.

But Wayne is my second favorite Colt behind Marvin.

Puck
12-31-2021, 10:52 AM
Really?

Yep.

rcubed
12-31-2021, 12:50 PM
Hope he makes it! He’s on my short list of favorite colts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAFF
12-31-2021, 12:55 PM

Colts all time so Unitas is in the conversation.

Puck
12-31-2021, 12:57 PM
I didn’t say he was the best player

JAFF
12-31-2021, 01:23 PM

Greatest does not = best.

Ok

Discflinger
12-31-2021, 01:44 PM

I hear what you are saying, Puck. I don’t think anyone loved the fans more and we reciprocated in return.

Racehorse
12-31-2021, 03:03 PM
Greatest does not = best.

Ok

You just don’t understand what he is saying.

JAFF
12-31-2021, 03:09 PM
You just don’t understand what he is saying.

I understand. Its a moo point.

Chromeburn
01-01-2022, 06:28 PM
Great title. A+

Discflinger
02-11-2022, 09:03 PM
Robbed as if I gotta say it. ROBBBED!

CletusPyle
02-11-2022, 11:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui_TyJUgflU

One of my favorite Reggie Wayne moments...Reggie was one of the greatest of all time!

ChaosTheory
02-11-2022, 11:28 PM
Robbed as if I gotta say it. ROBBBED!

Well, so was...

DeMarcus Ware, Andre Johnson, Zach Thomas, Jared Allen, Torry Holt...

Head scratcher for me this year.

Colts And Orioles
02-11-2022, 11:43 PM
Robbed, as if I gotta say it ...... ROBBBED !!!

o

In boxing, the boxer makes the title, not the other way around ...... being the WBC champion or the WBA champion is not nearly as prestigious as it is if you are not also recognized by RING MAGAZINE as the true champion in your weight division.

Reggie knows that he was great. We know that Reggie was great. All of the fans of the other 31 NFL teams know that Reggie was great ....... a bust in Canton in nice, but hardly necessary to exemplify one's superstar status in the eyes of all who follow professional football.

o

Racehorse
02-12-2022, 08:58 AM
o

In boxing, the boxer makes the title, not the other way around ...... being the WBC champion or the WBA champion is not nearly as prestigious as it is if you are not also recognized by RING MAGAZINE as the true champion in your weight division.

Reggie knows that he was great. We know that Reggie was great. All of the fans of the other 31 NFL teams know that Reggie was great ....... a bust in Canton in nice, but hardly necessary to exemplify one's superstar status in the eyes of all who follow professional football.

o
As much as I can't stand Pete Rose, you could say the same about him. Everyone knows he is an all-time great, even if he is not in Cooperstown.

JAFF
02-12-2022, 02:31 PM
As much as I can't stand Pete Rose, you could say the same about him. Everyone knows he is an all-time great, even if he is not in Cooperstown.

A good example of a great athlete and a terrible individual.

Colts And Orioles
02-12-2022, 06:08 PM
A good example of a great athlete, and a terrible individual.

o

My biological father was the NCAA Division-I champion in fencing when he went to NYU in 1962.

He abandoned us when I was only 7 years-old in the early 70's. 20 years later, one of my brothers did some research and tracked him down in Philadelphia, where had started another family. He was a professor at Temple University, having acquired both his Master's degree and his PhD after he had abandoned us.

I called the phone number that my brother had found where he was living in Philly, and it was him. When he answered the phone I was crying, and I told him that it was Patrick. He said, l "Patrick who ???"

o