PDA

View Full Version : Rock

Oldcolt
12-23-2021, 02:41 PM
We have been pretty brutal with Rock here on the forum. I'm wondering where we all stand on him now. It seems to me that he has morphed into a number one corner back (I know I may be premature-but I really think he has). Opposing teams are not targeting him, his completion rate against him is 53%. It is huge that he has finally stepped up his play in my opinion. We will miss him a lot Saturday

ukcolt
12-23-2021, 03:12 PM
He has always provided excellent coverage, can't recall too often where he has just been blown away, it was always a case that he never played the ball in the air when in perfect position to make a play, be that an interception or pass breakup. He was also guilty of conceding a lot of penalties for too much hand use.

This year he has been much better, and has turned into our top outside corner. He has been better than Rhodes this season, but i am not sure i am ready to say he is actually better than him. Rhodes has struggled to stay healthy, when healthy i think Rhodes is probably the slightly better player.

And neither of them are anywhere near as good as Kenny Moore, who is our top corner no questions asked.

I actually like what i have seen from Isaiah Rogers so far this season as well. We have some very good corners. Who would have thought we would be saying that at the beginning of the year? After that, the corner play when injuries have hit, has been horrific, as you would expect from the 5th corner, i am talking about BoPete Keyes, or whatever his name was.

Drewtone
12-23-2021, 03:51 PM
I've been pleased that Rock has made that '3rd year leap' and he's a solid starter. I've also been pleasantly surprised by Rogers coming on so quickly.

The biggest head scratcher for me this year has been Marvell Tell. I appreciate he took last year off, but you can't tell me the scrubs they were bringing off the street earlier this year were supposed to be better than him?

Oldcolt
12-23-2021, 04:32 PM
I've been pleased that Rock has made that '3rd year leap' and he's a solid starter. I've also been pleasantly surprised by Rogers coming on so quickly.

The biggest head scratcher for me this year has been Marvell Tell. I appreciate he took last year off, but you can't tell me the scrubs they were bringing off the street earlier this year were supposed to be better than him?

I also had hopes for Tell. He is currently on the Practice Squad injured list. Maybe next year, maybe never.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
12-23-2021, 04:43 PM
I also had hopes for Tell. He is currently on the Practice Squad injured list. Maybe next year, maybe never.

Bingo - the reason Tell did not fill in for the injured DB's is because he got injured in practice at about the same time. Marvell has been on the practice squad injured list since October.

Racehorse
12-23-2021, 06:10 PM
I was never as down on the guy as most, because I saw the potential in his play. Yes, the penalties were frustrating, but about one third of them came in a two or three week span.

YDFL Commish
12-23-2021, 10:51 PM
Teams don't throw on Rock, nuff said.