PDA

View Full Version : COVID in the complex

Discflinger
12-22-2021, 04:43 PM
Turay and Rock placed on Covid list along with Green from practice squad. Anyone know if they are vaccinated? If not they definitely will be out Saturday. I just hope that the list doesn’t grow.

Drewtone
12-22-2021, 06:21 PM
I thought Rock was on the non-covid illness list yesterday and wasn't gonna be around?

JAFF
12-22-2021, 06:52 PM
There is covid everywhere, the only way to stop it is roll up your sleeve and get yourself vaccinated

Puck
12-22-2021, 07:25 PM
There is covid everywhere, the only way to stop it is roll up your sleeve and get yourself vaccinated

So vaccinated don't get it? OR spread it?

Crap should have told my vaccinated friend who couldn't go to the game Saturday because she has it

JAFF
12-22-2021, 07:39 PM

Crap should have told my vaccinated friend who couldn't go to the game Saturday because she has it

They MAY spread it so put a mask over your PIEHOLE

Puck
12-22-2021, 07:41 PM

SMH. Perfect response

JAFF
12-22-2021, 07:47 PM

If you are vaccinated, you wont get it. If you put a mask over your piehole, you wont spread it.

Do unto others as they would do unto you

Puck
12-22-2021, 07:49 PM
If you are vaccinated, you wont get it. If you put a mask over your piehole, you wont spread it.

I just said SHE WAS VACCINATED!!!!

JAFF
12-22-2021, 07:55 PM
I just said SHE WAS VACCINATED!!!!

That’s how you got that drip

Puck
12-22-2021, 08:07 PM
That’s how you got that drip

Don Leamon is that you?

rcubed
12-22-2021, 08:15 PM

You can still get it if vaccinated, but far less likely to really be affected by it - hospitalization, death, etc. Especially omicron which is more transmittable but less deadly when vaccinated.

Best way to stop spread is masking like was said.

Discflinger
12-22-2021, 08:26 PM
I feel like warm weather teams are going to have a distinct advantage going forward where people aren’t driven indoors by the cold.

Puck
12-22-2021, 08:31 PM
I feel like warm weather teams are going to have a distinct advantage going forward where people aren’t driven indoors by the cold.

Possibly. The CDC says the peak month for the flu is February. I'm pretty sure it will all align

Lov2fish
12-22-2021, 08:48 PM
Thought Reich said Rock was effected by something else? Did I hear wrong. Jaff must have Fauci's dick lodged in his throat all the way to the sack.

Puck
12-22-2021, 08:57 PM
Thought Reich said Rock was effected by something else? Did I hear wrong. Jaff must have Fauci's dick lodged in his throat all the way to the sack.

I didnt see why he was out. Any word on Paris? It would be a good game to acclimate him back into the game flow. We will be HEAVY run this game I think

Colts And Orioles
12-22-2021, 09:04 PM
You can still get it if vaccinated, but you're far less likely to really be affected by it - hospitalization, death, etc. Especially omicron which is more transmittable but less deadly when vaccinated.

The best way to stop spread is masking, like was said.

o

This is my understanding of it, as well.

For example, Frank Reich tested positive in late July, but he was asymptomatic because he was fully vaccinated ...... it's highly likely that the vast majority of people who are still dying and/or needing hospitalization are people who are still un-vaccinated.

o

HoosierinFL
12-22-2021, 09:42 PM
There is no such thing as an immunization that works like some magic shield that prevents you from getting the illness. This is just as much true for the COVID vaccine as it is for flu, measles, polio, smallpox, varicella zoster, etc.

The pathogen can still enter your body, but the result is that your immune system has now been immunized with the appropriate signaling proteins to effectively destroy the pathogen, preventing more serious illness.

The reason smallpox was eradicated was both because of this way that the vaccine worked but also because we had a massive vaccination rollout. Once *everyone got immunized against it, what was left of the virus spreading around was quickly killed by immune systems, and it couldn’t spread to that *small number of people who legitimately could not take the shot for medical reasons.

We could have similar success with COVID but for some reason half the country has lost their damn minds about basic medical science and clearly didn’t deserve the passing grades they got in high school biology.

Lov2fish
12-22-2021, 09:43 PM
I didnt see why he was out. Any word on Paris? It would be a good game to acclimate him back into the game flow. We will be HEAVY run this game I think

Doubt ya see Paris before Raiders game. Just heard Rock being out was not covid related.

Puck
12-22-2021, 09:49 PM
Doubt ya see Paris before Raiders game. Just heard Rock being out was not covid related.

It is covid

The Indianapolis Colts placed defensive end Kemoko Turay, cornerback Rock Ya-Sin and tight end Farrod Green on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Guard Quenton Nelson did not practice to an undisclosed illness.

Luck4Reich
12-22-2021, 10:21 PM

I personally know of 3 people a family member and two friends of family.. fully vaccinated... Died from covid... But keep believing vaccinated means you are 100% safe.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
12-22-2021, 10:22 PM
Any word on Paris?

After the game vs the Cheats, the beat reporters asked about Campbell.

Reich replied that Parris was "making good progress" and was nearing a return to practicing with the team but it doesn't sound like he will be ready for the game vs the Cardinals - which was Campbell's initial goal. I believe the original estimate was that he would be out 2 - 3 months with his injury + recovery....the Cardinals game would have been a little over 2 months.

ChaosTheory
12-22-2021, 10:52 PM

What are you talking about? Everyone is catching this. The CDC reported that 80% of Omicron cases were fully vaccinated people, 1/3 of them with boosters.

The nearly 2500 NFL players have a 95% vaccination rate. The nearly 4200 NFL personnel have a near 100% vaccination rate. They had, what, 100 players test positive last Monday/Tuesday?

As far as the mask, first off, almost nobody is using the one that does anything... Second, I don't see how it provides comfort to anyone when Carson Wentz goes on the field and breathes, spits, coughs, bleeds, cries, and whatever else all over everybody... But then he goes to the sidelines and puts a mask on so nobody gets sick.

The NFL doesn't actually give a shit about anybody having Covid. They're only worried about guys catching Covid. We've now seen it. If it gets bad enough, they'll just change the rules around testing and protocols. They'll just test fewer players less often. Less tests mean less positives.

Because they care.

Kray007
12-22-2021, 11:00 PM

Vaccinated people carry a much lower viral load, which means two things…they don’t get as sick, and they’re less likely to spread the disease.

Kray007
12-22-2021, 11:05 PM
There is no such thing as an immunization that works like some magic shield that prevents you from getting the illness. This is just as much true for the COVID vaccine as it is for flu, measles, polio, smallpox, varicella zoster, etc.

The pathogen can still enter your body, but the result is that your immune system has now been immunized with the appropriate signaling proteins to effectively destroy the pathogen, preventing more serious illness.

The reason smallpox was eradicated was both because of this way that the vaccine worked but also because we had a massive vaccination rollout. Once *everyone got immunized against it, what was left of the virus spreading around was quickly killed by immune systems, and it couldn’t spread to that *small number of people who legitimately could not take the shot for medical reasons.

We could have similar success with COVID but for some reason half the country has lost their damn minds about basic medical science and clearly didn’t deserve the passing grades they got in high school biology.

The biggest factor is that no other creature than humans can contract smallpox. Once it’s eliminated in humans, there’s no other animal reservoir in which it can survive.

Oldcolt
12-22-2021, 11:37 PM
Smallpox requires direct contact with an infected person, it isn't spread via aerosolization like COVID. Makes a huge difference.

To vaccinate or not, the choice is absolutely clear. Who gives a shit what any of us think about this anyway?

Rock is a big loss (happy to write that) however. Dude is turning into a number one cornerback. Good for him and for the team to have way more patience than most of us here.

Kray007
12-22-2021, 11:38 PM
I personally know of 3 people a family member and two friends of family.. fully vaccinated... Died from covid... But keep believing vaccinated means you are 100% safe.

Yes, vaccinated people can contract covid. No question. But, when you’re vaccinated, your immune system kicks in and starts fighting the disease before it gets a chance to take hold and rage out of control.

Think of it as a wildfire on the prairie. You get a lightning strike and the grass starts to burn. Vaccination acts like a rainstorm that comes along shortly after the fire starts and puts out the fire. If you’re not vaccinated, the fire builds until it rages out of control.

Not everyone who catches it will die…it’s not like it’s a death sentence. But, for people who are old, overweight, have diabetes or any one of a dozen other underlying conditions, the consequences of catching covid are increasingly dire.

The irony is that Republicans are fighting vaccinations, masking, social distancing, and any number of common sense precautions intended to protect Americans from the disease. The result is that a Trump supporter is ten times more likely to die of Covid than a Biden voter. No one wants to say it, but the bottom line is that, in battleground states like Pennsylvania, Michigan, Georgia, Arizona… Trump supporters are dying in large enough numbers to tip the next election to Biden.

omahacolt
12-22-2021, 11:40 PM
of course turay gets covid

that dude misses games for everything.

Oldcolt
12-22-2021, 11:40 PM
Weird since Trump has gotten all three shots

omahacolt
12-22-2021, 11:44 PM
Weird since Trump has gotten all three shots

of course he has. all the other republican politicians have as well. they just tell their followers not to do it because it is popular. because those people are stupid and say things like "lets go brandon" and think they are hilarious.

fox news has vaccine mandates but rails against it on air. this country really needs to wake up.

Kray007
12-22-2021, 11:55 PM
What are you talking about? Everyone is catching this. The CDC reported that 80% of Omicron cases were fully vaccinated people, 1/3 of them with boosters.

The nearly 2500 NFL players have a 95% vaccination rate. The nearly 4200 NFL personnel have a near 100% vaccination rate. They had, what, 100 players test positive last Monday/Tuesday?

As far as the mask, first off, almost nobody is using the one that does anything... Second, I don't see how it provides comfort to anyone when Carson Wentz goes on the field and breathes, spits, coughs, bleeds, cries, and whatever else all over everybody... But then he goes to the sidelines and puts a mask on so nobody gets sick.

The NFL doesn't actually give a shit about anybody having Covid. They're only worried about guys catching Covid. We've now seen it. If it gets bad enough, they'll just change the rules around testing and protocols. They'll just test fewer players less often. Less tests mean less positives.

Because they care.

The NFL has take note of the fact that when vaccinated players test positive, they’re not showing any symptoms. They’re also listening to experts who tell them that covid positive vaccinated players carry such a low viral load that they’re unlikely to be contagious

njcoltfan
12-23-2021, 07:01 AM
of course he has. all the other republican politicians have as well. they just tell their followers not to do it because it is popular. because those people are stupid and say things like "lets go brandon" and think they are hilarious.

fox news has vaccine mandates but rails against it on air. this country really needs to wake up.

Show me a quote where Trump, or any republican lawmaker has told anyone not to get the vaccine, you can't, but I vividly remember our Vice President saying on national television that if it was a Trump generated vaccine that she would be hesitant about getting it !! Lets go Brandon is hilarious !!

JAFF
12-23-2021, 09:26 AM
Show me a quote where Trump, or any republican lawmaker has told anyone not to get the vaccine, you can't, but I vividly remember our Vice President saying on national television that if it was a Trump generated vaccine that she would be hesitant about getting it !! Lets go Brandon is hilarious !!

“I will say that I would not trust Donald Trump” on the reliability of a vaccine, Harris said. The California senator, however, added that she would trust a “credible” source who could vouch that a vaccine was safe for Americans to receive.

Apparently she’s like many Americans who doesn’t believe anything that comes out of his mouth

JAFF
12-23-2021, 11:10 AM
Yes, vaccinated people can contract covid. No question. But, when you’re vaccinated, your immune system kicks in and starts fighting the disease before it gets a chance to take hold and rage out of control.

Think of it as a wildfire on the prairie. You get a lightning strike and the grass starts to burn. Vaccination acts like a rainstorm that comes along shortly after the fire starts and puts out the fire. If you’re not vaccinated, the fire builds until it rages out of control.

Not everyone who catches it will die…it’s not like it’s a death sentence. But, for people who are old, overweight, have diabetes or any one of a dozen other underlying conditions, the consequences of catching covid are increasingly dire.

The irony is that Republicans are fighting vaccinations, masking, social distancing, and any number of common sense precautions intended to protect Americans from the disease. The result is that a Trump supporter is ten times more likely to die of Covid than a Biden voter. No one wants to say it, but the bottom line is that, in battleground states like Pennsylvania, Michigan, Georgia, Arizona… Trump supporters are dying in large enough numbers to tip the next election to Biden.

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20211025/people-vacccinated-covid-less-likely-die-any-cause-study

Drewtone
12-23-2021, 11:33 AM

The Chron don't care about the vax or masks... luckily, a mild variant thus far.

Chromeburn
12-23-2021, 11:39 AM

Well there was him downplaying it from the beginning. Politicizing it because some democrats were saying that it was something to take seriously. Dissolving the pandemic response team mainly because Obama started it. Making fun of masks and then having massive super spreader events with no emphasis on protection. Pushing dubious cures that he might have had a financial link to, or even outrageous notions like cleaning fluid in the blood. Denigrating experts and supporting quack doctors. Pushing responsibility onto states then undermining them by tweeting to “open up” or threatening to withdraw federal help. Presiding over half a million deaths.

But he did start operation warp speed. Even though a pharma company outside of it crafted the first vaccine.

As for the repubs against vaxes, what immediately comes to mind.
Wendy Rogers was just on video with a leader of the anti vax group saying she wants to give a shout out to the anti mask club.

Paul Gosar was just on video with the same guy saying they were doing good work with the anti vax movement and to keep it up.

Boebert in a speech not to long ago said she wasn’t getting the “Fauci ouchie”

All three are vaxed.

ChaosTheory
12-23-2021, 11:45 AM
The NFL has take note of the fact that when vaccinated players test positive, they’re not showing any symptoms. They’re also listening to experts who tell them that covid positive vaccinated players carry such a low viral load that they’re unlikely to be contagious

Maybe you've read something different. CDC has reported at least since June/July that viral loads among vaxxed and unvaxxed are similar. Same with NEJM in December. And now Omicron appears to be the most transmissible of all variants we've seen. Vaxxed or unvaxxed, symptomatic or asymptomatic.

---

The point is that their (mostly vaccinated) players started testing positive in droves. Who's not contagious? More positive tests in one week than all season combined. I read 200 players since Dec 13. That's almost 10% of players. So now they aren't testing them weekly anymore.

And all that shit about not moving games this year, forfeiting, not getting paid... Well we just had three extra games Monday and Tuesday. So what does that off-season talk sound like now? Concern or coercion?

It's not just the NFL. Everyone is catching this and it's not going away.

Colts And Orioles
12-23-2021, 12:53 PM
Well, there was him downplaying it from the beginning.

o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8yOv4PwttM

o

Drewtone
12-23-2021, 01:08 PM
Has Greg Doyle taken over this thread???? Jeezus guys, let's talk football!

Oldcolt
12-23-2021, 02:30 PM
Fingers crossed but I have been pleasantly surprised by the small number of Colts (so far) infected. This Omicron is so infectious that it makes trying to predict who will win almost impossible. The teams that do the best at isolation and following guidelines are going to have an advantage going forward. Sucks because it its about as non football as it gets yet it could have a huge impact.

If Wentz gets thru the season/playoffs non vaccinated and doesn't miss any time then to me he has walked the walk after he talked about not needing the vaccine. If he continues to make it he was right and my thinking he was a selfish dude was wrong. I will be happy to be wrong.

Hoopsdoc
12-23-2021, 05:35 PM
If Wentz or Leonard catch it, they will miss the game, assuming they’re still unvaxxed. Which would leave us skuh-rewed.

Hoopsdoc
12-23-2021, 05:39 PM

It’s not just Republicans. Blacks and Latinos are also less likely to be vaxxed.

Racehorse
12-23-2021, 06:18 PM
If Wentz or Leonard catch it, they will miss the game, assuming they’re still unvaxxed. Which would leave us skuh-rewed.

Nah, we could always give Eason a call to bail us out. 😂

JAFF
12-23-2021, 06:31 PM
It’s not just Republicans. Blacks and Latinos are also less likely to be vaxxed.

Trump idgits, far right haters, not all republicans

Spike
12-23-2021, 06:33 PM

Colts Place Starting OG Mark Glowinski on Reserve/COVID-19 List. After a brief illness, Nelson was back at practice.

ChaosTheory
12-23-2021, 07:09 PM
Colts Place Starting OG Mark Glowinski on Reserve/COVID-19 List. After a brief illness, Nelson was back at practice.

Good to hear with Nelson.

Reich said "unlikely" about Rock, Turay, and Glow. Must mean all three are vaxxed. We'll see.

ukcolt
12-23-2021, 07:46 PM
So who's the next man up should there be an injury during the game on the interior? Do we call up Carter O'Donnell from the practice squad, although I think he is a tackle, not a guard, or has Pryor seen any time at guard or are we using Will Fries?

Fisher, Smith, Pryor, Fries, Davenport are the tackles on the roster, all are available.
Nelson, Glowinski, Reed
Kelly, Pinter

I have no idea who would be the backup center, Nelson? I remember reading that Fries has been practicing across the entire line, so maybe he would have to fill in.

I imagine on gameday we have Fisher, Smith, Pryor, Fries, Nelson, Reed and Pinter on the roster, maybe with Davenport or Carter being the 8th guy.

Hoopsdoc
12-24-2021, 10:36 AM
Trump idgits, far right haters, not all republicans

I’m not sure what this means.

JAFF
12-24-2021, 11:19 AM
I’m not sure what this means.

Not all republicans are hesitant about the jab.

Luck4Reich
12-24-2021, 11:31 AM
Not all republicans are hesitant about the jab.

I personally know quite a few democrats that have refused to get it.. wow imagine that. We do live in a world where it's not just black or white... Left or right... Republican or Democrat as much as you or the media wants it to be.:cool:

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
12-24-2021, 11:41 AM
or has Pryor seen any time at guard

FWIW, Pryor primarily played Guard in college although he did make a few starts at OT for TCU during his senior season.

After he was drafted by Philadelphia, the Eagles inserted him in multiple positions across the offensive line with the exception of the Center position.

Colts And Orioles
12-24-2021, 12:54 PM
FWIW, Pryor primarily played Guard in college, although he did make a few starts at OT for TCU during his senior season.

After he was drafted by Philadelphia, the Eagles inserted him in multiple positions across the offensive line with the exception of the Center position.

o

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/thumbnails/image/2016/10/10/17/pryor-2.jpg?width=382&height=326&auto=webp&quality=75

o

JAFF
12-24-2021, 02:09 PM
I personally know quite a few democrats that have refused to get it.. wow imagine that. We do live in a world where it's not just black or white... Left or right... Republican or Democrat as much as you or the media wants it to be.:cool:

Ignorance runs rampant through a society that relies on twitter for the truth

Dewey 5
12-24-2021, 03:06 PM
Big Q (Covid) out along with Kelly isn't good. Tomorrow is going to be struggle. Playoffs might not be as automatic as some think.

ukcolt
12-24-2021, 03:11 PM
Big Q (Covid) out along with Kelly isn't good. Tomorrow is going to be struggle. Playoffs might be as automatic as some think.

Where have you heard that Big Q is out?

Dewey 5
12-24-2021, 03:15 PM
Where have you heard that Big Q is out?

https://twitter.com/Colts/status/1474452246201081858

Colts And Orioles
12-24-2021, 03:15 PM
Big Q (Covid) being out (along with Kelly) isn't good. Tomorrow is going to be struggle ...... the playoffs might not be as automatic as some think.

o

Out of the Colts' 3 remaining regular-season games, the Cardinals appear to be the most challenging one in spite of the fact that they just lost to the Lions ...... the Raiders could be surprisingly tough ...... the Jaguars should be an easy win, although the Colts have had a habit of making such games more difficult than they ought to be.

o

ukcolt
12-24-2021, 03:17 PM
Just seen Nelson is on the covid list. So all three interior guys will be missing!

So Fisher, Pryor, Pinter, Reed and Smith? Could be a tough night tomorrow. If we can still run the ball, might have a chance.

Oldcolt
12-24-2021, 03:42 PM
COVID is throwing a huge wrench into this whole season for a lot of teams. Depth is always huge, but even more so now. This is where Ballard earns it.

Dewey 5
12-24-2021, 05:53 PM
Adversity brings opportunity. Hopefully the players that are going to be forced in to the lineup grab the opportunity.

I think we'll need the D to really step up tomorrow. If they can get a clean crack at Murray, make him feel it. Easier said than done I know.

apballin
12-24-2021, 06:11 PM
Fuckin sucks, but next man up

Let’s go JT show the world why you’re captain America

Chromeburn
12-24-2021, 07:15 PM
I’d be ok if Reed wasn’t already starting for Glow.

So he’s out for ten days and will miss the next two games. Anyone know the turnaround time between vaxed players and unvaxed?

omahacolt
12-24-2021, 08:07 PM

are you saying blacks and latinos can't be republican? thats racist. super racist

Discflinger
12-24-2021, 09:03 PM
Minority republicans are the worst republicans. Traitors…:rolleyes:

Luck4Reich
12-24-2021, 09:10 PM
Ignorance runs rampant through a society that relies on twitter for the truth

I said I personally know them.... Like in person... Not on Twitter... Dumb is Dumb regardless of sides taken.. you prove that very well.:rolleyes:

Hoopsdoc
12-24-2021, 11:31 PM
are you saying blacks and latinos can't be republican? thats racist. super racist

That’s not what I said, like, at all, but knock yourself out I guess?

Hoopsdoc
12-24-2021, 11:32 PM
Minority republicans are the worst republicans. Traitors…:rolleyes:

Lol. Good one.

JAFF
12-25-2021, 08:19 AM
I said I personally know them.... Like in person... Not on Twitter... Dumb is Dumb regardless of sides taken.. you prove that very well.:rolleyes:

Not what I said. Most of the miss information about health issues have occurred on social media, just as you just misrepresented what I said.

The un vaccinated are the ones dying from covid. Yes there are some breakthroughs, but a persons chances of surviving covid is much greater than the unvaccinated.

omahacolt
12-25-2021, 07:34 PM
That’s not what I said, like, at all, but knock yourself out I guess?

im just fucking with you man.

JAFF
12-25-2021, 08:43 PM

Not talking about YOU. I said society, as all sorts of people who cant figure out how science works, what ever their political, religious, philosophical, belief system

JAFF
12-26-2021, 11:32 AM
Here is a good Q and A, its got a lot of information

http://https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/health/coronavirus-questions-answers/

Hoopsdoc
12-26-2021, 03:57 PM
Unvaccinated Carson Wentz rode on the plane to Arizona with several players who tested positive Saturday morning.

We should probably prepare ourselves for Wentz to test positive in the next few days. I’d say it’s about a 50/50 shot.

He’d possibly miss both remaining games depending on when he tests positive.

You know it’s coming.

Butter
12-26-2021, 04:50 PM
Unvaccinated Carson Wentz rode on the plane to Arizona with several players who tested positive Saturday morning.

We should probably prepare ourselves for Wentz to test positive in the next few days. I’d say it’s about a 50/50 shot.

You know it’s coming.

These dumbasses are making it hard to be a Colts fan.

ChaosTheory
12-26-2021, 07:54 PM
Yeah, the 10-day rule is pretty stupid, huh?

Butter
12-26-2021, 10:07 PM
Yeah, the 10-day rule is pretty stupid, huh?

No, not getting vaxed is Dumby..

ChaosTheory
12-26-2021, 10:14 PM
No, not getting vaxed is Dumby..

Ok. Not getting vaxxed is stupid. That means the 10-day rule is not stupid?

Chromeburn
12-26-2021, 10:42 PM

You know it’s coming.

On average, symptoms showed up in the newly infected person about 5.6 days after contact. Rarely, symptoms appeared as soon as 2 days after exposure. Most people with symptoms had them by day 12. And most of the other ill people were sick by day 14. In rare cases, symptoms can show up after 14 days. Researchers think this happens with about 1 out of every 100 people.

Some people may have the coronavirus and never show symptoms. Others may not know that they have it because their symptoms are very mild. Current studies might not include the mildest cases, and the incubation period could be different for these. Per webmd

Butter
12-27-2021, 01:27 AM
Ok. Not getting vaxxed is stupid. That means the 10-day rule is not stupid?

false equivalence, establish why the 10-day rule is wrong first. Your feels are not fact. .

HoosierinFL
12-27-2021, 09:39 AM
Seriously this is the sort of thing we knew could happen, unvaxxed guys are gonna miss more time and it affects the team. If we miss the playoffs (or lose early in them) cuz somebody ain’t vaxxed…

Racehorse
12-27-2021, 09:45 AM
false equivalence, establish why the 10-day rule is wrong first. Your feels are not fact. .

Why 10days? Why not 7? 14? 21?

Butter
12-27-2021, 12:03 PM
Why 10days? Why not 7? 14? 21?

Not my job.

Coltsalr
12-27-2021, 12:28 PM
https://twitter.com/colts/status/1475502770753052675?s=21

And the party continues

Hoopsdoc
12-27-2021, 12:31 PM

And the party continues

Assuming those guys are vaxxed, they’re not in danger of missing the game Sunday, correct? It’s the unvaccinated that are the concern.

Colts And Orioles
12-27-2021, 12:38 PM
o

Actions speak louder than words. Someone can claim to be a "team player" in every press conference in which they participate in, but their actions will bear out whether or not they really are team-first players ...... and a glaring example that exhibits a player's attitude toward his team's goals is his choice to be (or not be) vaccinated.

o

Discflinger
12-27-2021, 01:48 PM
We may not win this week and that’s a tough one for the last home game of the year, but Frank will find a way to keep the team inspired and with a win in Jack-off-ville we should be riding high into the playoffs…I hope.

ChaosTheory
12-27-2021, 02:00 PM

What? False equivalence? First? Anyhow, not that I expect any of this to be read, but...

Ok, the main issue I have with the 10-day rule and the NFL's covid protocols in general is the inconsistency. For example, starting today NFL personnel are not considered fully vaccinated (and thus cannot keep their positions) unless they have booster shots. NFL players on the other hand are still considered fully vaccinated like before and are only encouraged to get boosted.

Well, which is it? We just have two definitions of "fully vaccinated" now?

As for the 10-day rule itself... So 10 days is the line they've drawn that says after this point, we're not too worried about you spreading the virus. That's for vaccinated and unvaccinated according to CDC. It's not for an individual's well-being, it's to mitigate the spread. Everyone spreads this, as we've seen in the NFL.

Especially Omicron. Why do you think they went 14 weeks smooth and then all of a sudden hell breaks loose? A week ago, NFL Chief Medical Officer said they had guys testing positive who were fully vaccinated AND boosted AND had already recovered from covid. The Holy Trinity of protection and guys still catch it and spread it.

But despite all that... vaccinated players don't really test anymore unless they're symptomatic, which is self-reported, so we've got a bunch of asymptomatic positives spreading this thing like crazy. And if they do test positive or are symptomatic, they're able to come back sooner via negative rapid tests OR apparently now they're actually going to check their Cycle Threshold values to see how much covid they have and if it's enough to be contagious. All of a sudden nuance is a thing.

Meanwhile the you-know-who's are still tested every single day and if they're positive... Fuck it. Gone. You weren't a good boy so no options.

Chromeburn
12-27-2021, 02:34 PM

And the party continues

Glow and Smith are vaxed. Glow should be back for the next game.

Problem is the Raiders have the best pass rush pressure rate in the NFL and blitz the least in the league. So 8 defenders are dropping back.

Mr. Session
12-27-2021, 03:04 PM
Meanwhile the you-know-who's are still tested every single day and if they're positive... Fuck it. Gone. You weren't a good boy so no options.

If the NFL wants to play this dumbass game then that’s on them; None of this is necessary. They should have just mandated the vax. I don’t agree with it, but logically that is what should have been done.

Maybe next season the policies will be more clear/logical.

rm1369
12-27-2021, 03:27 PM
What? False equivalence? First? Anyhow, not that I expect any of this to be read, but...

Ok, the main issue I have with the 10-day rule and the NFL's covid protocols in general is the inconsistency. For example, starting today NFL personnel are not considered fully vaccinated (and thus cannot keep their positions) unless they have booster shots. NFL players on the other hand are still considered fully vaccinated like before and are only encouraged to get boosted.

Well, which is it? We just have two definitions of "fully vaccinated" now?

As for the 10-day rule itself... So 10 days is the line they've drawn that says after this point, we're not too worried about you spreading the virus. That's for vaccinated and unvaccinated according to CDC. It's not for an individual's well-being, it's to mitigate the spread. Everyone spreads this, as we've seen in the NFL.

Especially Omicron. Why do you think they went 14 weeks smooth and then all of a sudden hell breaks loose? A week ago, NFL Chief Medical Officer said they had guys testing positive who were fully vaccinated AND boosted AND had already recovered from covid. The Holy Trinity of protection and guys still catch it and spread it.

But despite all that... vaccinated players don't really test anymore unless they're symptomatic, which is self-reported, so we've got a bunch of asymptomatic positives spreading this thing like crazy. And if they do test positive or are symptomatic, they're able to come back sooner via negative rapid tests OR apparently now they're actually going to check their Cycle Threshold values to see how much covid they have and if it's enough to be contagious. All of a sudden nuance is a thing.

Why are NFL personnel and NFL players treated differently? Because of the NFL players union. Remember, the protocols in place for the players were negotiated between the players union and the NFL. That agreement doesn’t affect coaches and other NFL personnel. There are inconsistencies because a segment of the country acts like little bitches whining about any inconvenience they may experience, and in this case the power of collective bargaining gave them better negotiating power.

Same with the treatment of vaccinated and unvaccinated players. Without incentive to get vaccinated what do you think the vaccination rate in the NFL would be? So the players and NFL negotiated and agreed to less restrictions on vaccinated players. It’s not that damn hard to understand. People can bitch about it all they want, but that’s what the NFL AND the players agreed to. And yet people still whine that it’s unfair to the poor selfish assholes who refuse to do their part. Does it all make logical or “scientific” sense? No. But almost anyone who whines about it would whine about the restrictions that would makes sense anyway.

Oldcolt
12-27-2021, 03:29 PM
If the NFL wants to play this dumbass game then that’s on them; None of this is necessary. They should have just mandated the vax. I don’t agree with it, but logically that is what should have been done.

Maybe next season the policies will be more clear/logical.

Players Union

Racehorse
12-27-2021, 04:12 PM
Players Union

I would guess the players union would vote against anything the league wants to do next year that limits their availability for games. They all see how some teams have been wrecked this year by this, and just want to play the game they all love without the side show.

JAFF
12-27-2021, 04:54 PM
I know this is completely impractical but the possibility of me of me buying tickets in the near future it’s going to be dependent upon whether or not the team can be healthy during the season. Until the NFL or the Indianapolis Colts get their shit together about taking a vaccine that would save the lives of the players and their families and the people around them, I think I’m gonna be watching on the TV

Chromeburn
12-27-2021, 05:38 PM
Glow and Smith are vaxed. Glow should be back for the next game.

Problem is the Raiders have the best pass rush pressure rate in the NFL and blitz the least in the league. So 8 defenders are dropping back.

My bad, so I guess Smith is not vaxed. So he will definitely be out for the raiders game.

Puck
12-27-2021, 06:24 PM
CDC has reduced the isolation period from 10 to 5 days For asymptomatic Still getting the details now

ChaosTheory
12-27-2021, 07:00 PM
No shit it's the NFLPA. They were testing until it started looking bad, then they wanted less testing. And the NFL agreed. So are these guys actually all that worried about the spread? Doesn't seem like it to me. Seems to me that they want to appear to be concerned.

And if they didn't negotiate for what they have now, then what? Do you see how many guys around the league are going on the list anyway?

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/covid-19-list-tracker-for-players-nfl-policies/

Go down the list and look at all the late November and December cases. A big part of all of this could be that they know it's inevitable. Everyone is going to catch this motherfucker.

I'm curious what their move is when it's Colts-Cardinals level of product across the whole league.

Drewtone
12-27-2021, 07:09 PM
I know this is completely impractical but the possibility of me of me buying tickets in the near future it’s going to be dependent upon whether or not the team can be healthy during the season. Until the NFL or the Indianapolis Colts get their shit together about taking a vaccine that would save the lives of the players and their families and the people around them, I think I’m gonna be watching on the TV

You're certainly welcome to use your own risk assessment to guide the support of the team in person. Regarding the 2nd part, and speaking as someone who got my booster Friday, this is a ridiculously stupid take. Had Xmas eve dinner with the head of the ICU at our big hospital and they're considering having their positive asymptomatic workers come back to work. He also said at my age (52, healthy) didn't really need the booster to combat the Chron variant, not that the vaccines inhibit transmission on anyway.

Puck
12-27-2021, 07:17 PM
You're certainly welcome to use your own risk assessment to guide the support of the team in person. Regarding the 2nd part, and speaking as someone who got my booster Friday, this is a ridiculously stupid take. Had Xmas eve dinner with the head of the ICU at our big hospital and they're considering having their positive asymptomatic workers come back to work. He also said at my age (52, healthy) didn't really need the booster to combat the Chron variant, not that the vaccines inhibit transmission on anyway.

Are you in Indiana Drewtone?

rm1369
12-27-2021, 07:37 PM
No shit it's the NFLPA. They were testing until it started looking bad, then they wanted less testing. And the NFL agreed. So are these guys actually all that worried about the spread? Doesn't seem like it to me. Seems to me that they want to appear to be concerned.

And if they didn't negotiate for what they have now, then what? Do you see how many guys around the league are going on the list anyway?

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/covid-19-list-tracker-for-players-nfl-policies/

Go down the list and look at all the late November and December cases. A big part of all of this could be that they know it's inevitable. Everyone is going to catch this motherfucker.

I'm curious what their move is when it's Colts-Cardinals level of product across the whole league.

I guess I’m missing your point. It’s seems you are just yelling into the wind that Covid sucks and is affecting football (along with everything else). Are you suggesting the answer is more testing and more strict enforcement? Then you need agreement between the NFLPA and the NFL. Are you suggesting they should throw out all precautions and let players play with it? That’s irresponsible and hugely bad publicity.

I’m involved in making decisions about our response at my work and I can tell you that no matter what you do people are going to be pissed and say how stupid everything is. We have people in the hospital and people who believe it all fake and made up. WTF do you do where someone isn’t pissed off and complaining? NFL players themselves are fairly low risk, although not without any risk. The best way for the NFL to protect themselves and their investment was to incentivize vaccines. Even lower chance of major health issue and it would play well image wise. Lower testing for vaccinated players both incentivizes vaccination and, as you point out, lowers the number of players testing positive and missing games. Win, win. Who loses? The selfish unvaccinated guys. As they’ll quickly point out - their choice. The other losers are the fans of teams with that culture.

The ultimate answer for the players was to understand the rules and make sure they maximize both their protection and availability. The Colts did that to a lower degree than most teams and it may very well bite them. That’s not on the NFL, that’s on players putting Facebook over reality. And it sucks for Colts fans. But that was the players choice. I feel sorry for guys like Buckner. There are only so many years you truly have a chance at a SB. Leonard, Nelson, Wentz etc may waste one.

Oldcolt
12-27-2021, 08:42 PM
Life isn't fair. To anyone. Just accept it.

Puck
12-27-2021, 08:58 PM
Since we have so many "Drs" on here. I have a scenario for you to read through and give your answers to the questions.

A healthy middle aged woman gets covid and within days her husband also very healthy also gets covid. For a few days symptoms were not too bad. Just a mild cough runny nose and some fatigue. But after 2 days the husband takes a real turn and has a fever, sever chills (sever flu symptoms) to which he said were the worst of his life. The wife meanwhile still has the same symptoms.
After another rough day for the husband. He returns to mostly normal except for slight runny nose and a slight cough. They did not quarantine from each other at any point.

So both are able to catch the virus, and transmit the virus and one with harsh symptoms one with very lite symptoms

This is a real couple and real circumstances

So the question I would like you to answer.

1. Are either of these two people vaccinated?

Oldcolt
12-27-2021, 09:09 PM
As a practicing physician for 40 years, recently retired, that isn't how it works. Any single individual may have an easy course or a difficult one regardless of vaccination status. Giving the vaccine to a large population, less of those vaccinated will get sick or die, but it doesn't mean that nobody who is vaccinated will get sick or die. Statistics cannot tell you how any individual will respond, it will tell you how a population will respond.

Puck
12-27-2021, 09:21 PM
As a practicing physician for 40 years, recently retired, that isn't how it works. Any single individual may have an easy course or a difficult one regardless of vaccination status. Giving the vaccine to a large population, less of those vaccinated will get sick or die, but it doesn't mean that nobody who is vaccinated will get sick or die. Statistics cannot tell you how any individual will respond, it will tell you how a population will respond.

So you cannot tell if either are vaccinated correct?

ChaosTheory
12-27-2021, 09:26 PM
I guess I’m missing your point. It’s seems you are just yelling into the wind that Covid sucks and is affecting football (along with everything else).

Well, then you are missing my point. Because it annoys me to no end how many people do that. Very few sports fans (or people in general) seem to know or care to know much about this stuff.

I agree with you that this is an image thing for the NFL. Goddamn do I agree with that. So much so that if the tests are not reflecting what we're selling, we'll just stop testing. It's like saying we'll decriminalize these crimes so that our city will have less crime. It's asinine.

Almost nobody complaining about players on covid lists gives a single fuck about that player's well-being or spreading the virus. They just want Darius Leonard making plays for the Colts. That's where the "selfish" pejorative comes from. It's not because he's spreading a virus. Nobody cares. It's because the only thing that matters is we don't want our team playing with a backup linebacker.

You implied as much saying it's a win-win coercing players into taking the vaccine because they won't be tested as much. That doesn't scream to me that your main interest is to keep covid out of the building.

Puck
12-27-2021, 09:39 PM
well, then you are missing my point. Because it annoys me to no end how many people do that. Very few sports fans (or people in general) seem to know or care to know much about this stuff.

I agree with you that this is an image thing for the nfl. Goddamn do i agree with that. So much so that if the tests are not reflecting what we're selling, we'll just stop testing. It's like saying we'll decriminalize these crimes so that our city will have less crime. It's asinine.

Almost nobody complaining about players on covid lists gives a single fuck about that player's well-being or spreading the virus. They just want darius leonard making plays for the colts. That's where the "selfish" pejorative comes from. It's not because he's spreading a virus. Nobody cares. It's because the only thing that matters is we don't want our team playing with a backup linebacker.

You implied as much saying it's a win-win coercing players into taking the vaccine because they won't be tested as much. That doesn't scream to me that your main interest is to keep covid out of the building.

bingo!!

rm1369
12-27-2021, 10:04 PM
Well, then you are missing my point. Because it annoys me to no end how many people do that. Very few sports fans (or people in general) seem to know or care to know much about this stuff.

I agree with you that this is an image thing for the NFL. Goddamn do I agree with that. So much so that if the tests are not reflecting what we're selling, we'll just stop testing. It's like saying we'll decriminalize these crimes so that our city will have less crime. It's asinine.

Almost nobody complaining about players on covid lists gives a single fuck about that player's well-being or spreading the virus. They just want Darius Leonard making plays for the Colts. That's where the "selfish" pejorative comes from. It's not because he's spreading a virus. Nobody cares. It's because the only thing that matters is we don't want our team playing with a backup linebacker.

You can go back to my post history at the beginning of the season and see my main issue with our players was their selfishness within their communities - especially Leonard. However I’m responding to your rant about the NFL as it appeared to be competition related so I kept it at that. I’ll be clear - we have a selfish group of players that have made the calculation that since they statistically aren’t likely to die from Covid they don’t give a fuck about anything else. Leonard had been one of my favorite players, but I will never own a Leonard jersey because as far as I’m concerned he’s a selfish asshole who is doing damage to his community. I’ll never own a Wentz or Nelson jersey either.

As far as the NFL, the single best thing they could do to protect players lives is to push vaccinations. The single best thing they could do to for their communities was to push vaccinations. The single best thing they could do to protect their image is push vaccinations. What did they do? Pushed vaccinations. It doesn’t matter which one they did it for, but it seems pretty obvious to me they did the single best thing they could do.

You seem to want to complain and still haven’t suggested what they should be doing. More? Less? Or do you just want to bitch and moan like 1/3 of the population? Be clear - what should they have done?

rm1369
12-27-2021, 10:08 PM
So you cannot tell if either are vaccinated correct?

Two guys wreck their cars. One walks away from his wreck with no injury, the other dies in his. Can you definitively tell me if they were wearing seatbelts?

Butter
12-27-2021, 10:08 PM
As far as the NFL, the single best thing they could do to protect players lives is to push vaccinations. The single best thing they could do to for their communities was to push vaccinations. The single best thing they could do to protect their image is push vaccinations. What did they do? Pushed vaccinations. It doesn’t matter which one they did it for, but it seems pretty obvious to me they did the single best thing they could do.

This.

Butter
12-27-2021, 10:13 PM

BS. I don't want Jackasses like Leonard spreading disinformation and discouraging others from being vaccinated. Like it or not they are role models. I work in healthcare in a role very much impacted by the pandemic and my everyday life has been impacted for going on two years because idiots won't get the poke or do the bare minimum to help reduce the spread. I dread every day going to work to deal with the shit show it has become. So fuck you and fuck all the morons who won't do a simple thing to help their community.

Puck
12-27-2021, 10:14 PM
Two guys wreck their cars. One walks away from his wreck with no injury, the other dies in his. Can you definitively tell me if they were wearing seatbelts?

Nope Your turn

apballin
12-27-2021, 10:20 PM
Reading all this is entertaining to say the least

rm1369
12-27-2021, 10:22 PM
Nope Your turn

As has already been said, individually - nope. Now show me a random sampling of 10,000 of each group and I can pick out the vaccinated and unvaccinated groups. Just as you likely could with seatbelts.

Puck
12-27-2021, 10:26 PM
BS. I don't want Jackasses like Leonard spreading disinformation and discouraging others from being vaccinated. Like it or not they are role models. I work in healthcare in a role very much impacted by the pandemic and my everyday life has been impacted for going on two years because idiots won't get the poke or do the bare minimum to help reduce the spread. I dread every day going to work to deal with the shit show it has become. So fuck you and fuck all the morons who won't do a simple thing to help their community.

1st. You're accusing him of not being vaccinated. Are you assuming that?

And I think you are missing his point. As most of you on here are. Or maybe I'm wrong.

What he is saying is that the NFL doesn't give a rats ass if someone is vaccinated. They are putting on a show That is whey the rules keep changing. They are more concerned with their TV contracts than the idea of not spreading the virus

Correct me if I'm wrong Chaos

Puck
12-27-2021, 10:27 PM
As has already been said, individually - nope. Now show me a random sampling of 10,000 of each group and I can pick out the vaccinated and unvaccinated groups. Just as you likely could with seatbelts.

Settle down. I'm making a point. I'll get there soon enough. Would like to hear more from others

rm1369
12-27-2021, 10:39 PM

And I think you are missing his point. As most of you on here are. Or maybe I'm wrong.

What he is saying is that the NFL doesn't give a rats ass if someone is vaccinated. They are putting on a show That is whey the rules keep changing. They are more concerned with their TV contracts than the idea of not spreading the virus

He was asked to clarify his take and he simply added another group to complain about - the fans. He didn’t clarify if he thought the rules were too strict or too loose. He simply complained. As has been pointed out, the rules were designed to encourage vaccinations AND get agreement with the NFLPA. The idea the NFL cares about their billion dollar contracts is not exactly a hot take or enlightening in anyway. Individual players are fairly low risk due to their demographic. And yes, any individual player is also largely disposable to the NFL anyway. That is and has been obvious for all kinds of issues over the years. It also is in no way unique to the NFL. So what is the point of the rant? The NFL did the single biggest thing they could do for their players, their business, and their communities. The vaccination rate of NFL players is much higher than the general population. That wasn’t due to anything other than NFL policy. So I’ll ask again - what the hell is the complaint?

Puck
12-27-2021, 10:49 PM
He was asked to clarify his take and he simply added another group to complain about - the fans. He didn’t clarify if he thought the rules were too strict or too loose. He simply complained. As has been pointed out, the rules were designed to encourage vaccinations AND get agreement with the NFLPA. The idea the NFL cares about their billion dollar contracts is not exactly a hot take or enlightening in anyway. Individual players are fairly low risk due to their demographic. And yes, any individual player is also largely disposable to the NFL anyway. That is and has been obvious for all kinds of issues over the years. It also is in no way unique to the NFL. So what is the point of the rant? The NFL did the single biggest thing they could do for their players, their business, and their communities. The vaccination rate of NFL players is much higher than the general population. That wasn’t due to anything other than NFL policy. So I’ll ask again - what the hell is the complaint?

I get everything you are saying. I do.

So the CDC just lowered the isolation period to 5 days from 10. The NFL is suppose to jump on that as of tomorrow.

Here is the tricky part. It says only 5 days isolation and then 5 days of wearing a mask. So how will this work for the NFL? NBA? etc. Are the players going to wear a mask for 5 days after isolation OR are they just going to ignore that part and get away without wearing it so we have players on the field?

Oldcolt
12-27-2021, 11:03 PM
You can be pissed that the unvaccinated Colt players are losing a competitive advantage and at the same time think they are irresponsible towards their community for not being vaccinated. I agree with the first statement (I'm not sure how you can not think it is a competitive disadvantage not to be vaccinated) but am not willing to make that judgement on players like Leonard. I'm not sure why he didn't get vaccinated and it isn't any of my business as long as he or others are willing to take the consequences.

Butter
12-27-2021, 11:23 PM

No, your take is wrong. I accused them of nothing, they accused me of only caring about the fucking games.

Puck
12-27-2021, 11:47 PM
You can be pissed that the unvaccinated Colt players are losing a competitive advantage and at the same time think they are irresponsible towards their community for not being vaccinated. I agree with the first statement (I'm not sure how you can not think it is a competitive disadvantage not to be vaccinated) but am not willing to make that judgement on players like Leonard. I'm not sure why he didn't get vaccinated and it isn't any of my business as long as he or others are willing to take the consequences.

OldColt/Butter I appreciate your service to the medical field. FYI. I am not a DR and have no background myself in the field. My wife however does. She overseas 17 hospital emergency rooms throughout the midwest for a medical group that has hundreds of hospitals. She coordinates with 150+ DRs on a daily basis. Sits in on the meetings etc. and hears all of the discussion about COVID and what is happening now in the past and what to expect going forward.

Anyway, Back to the story of the couple

There is no way for anyone to tell if this couple is vaccinated or not Whether as individuals or as a couple.

The reason is because they were both infected. One caught it from the other so both can pass the virus and they can get very sick or be mild. Any of those things can happen with a vaccinated or unvaccinated person.

So while the world can scream at the top of their lungs for people to get vaccinated People are still going to get sick whether they are vaccinated or not.

For the record that couple is my wife and I. We are vaccinated. Our close friends are vaccinated and have basically the same story. One mild one harsh symptoms. Our neighbor is not vaccinated and had very mild symptoms.

Now back to the NFL.

If a vaccinated person can contract, pass on a have bad symptoms just like an unvaccinated person. What is the difference? Why should a vaccinated person have any benefit to play because they got the jab over someone who didn't?

Drewtone
12-28-2021, 12:13 AM
Are you in Indiana Drewtone?

Nosir. From Indy but I'm an expat up in Ottawa.

rm1369
12-28-2021, 12:26 AM
Now back to the NFL.

If a vaccinated person can contract, pass on a have bad symptoms just like an unvaccinated person. What is the difference? Why should a vaccinated person have any benefit to play because they got the jab over someone who didn't?

Because that was the collective agreement between the NFL and the players association. It is as simple as that.

Why would the two sides agree to that? Because the only way to get healthy relatively young individuals who are notoriously self focused to do anything is to make it advantageous for them to do it. Left alone I can almost guarantee NFL players would have a significantly lower vaccination rate that the US population. That isn’t good for the NFL, that isn’t good for the players, and it isn’t good for society as a whole. So they have used a carrot and a stick to the best of their abilities to convince NFL players to get vaccinations. And they have been largely successful.

This is something that drives me crazy. People bitch and moan about any inconvenience they encounter in the name of protecting people. So we make concessions, try to offer incentives, or lessen the requirements to try to get max compliance and do the most good. Then the same people causing the issue nitpick any inconsistencies within the compromises they caused. So yeah, I agree it isn’t logical. But if the NFL didn’t make it an advantage to be vaccinated I’d almost guarantee the vaccination rate would be half (or less) of what it is. I’m at a loss for how that makes anything better for anyone other than those players selfish enough to refuse the vaccine. Again - those causing the need to compromise then bitch about the situation they caused.

Oldcolt
12-28-2021, 12:32 AM
OldColt/Butter I appreciate your service to the medical field. FYI. I am not a DR and have no background myself in the field. My wife however does. She overseas 17 hospital emergency rooms throughout the midwest for a medical group that has hundreds of hospitals. She coordinates with 150+ DRs on a daily basis. Sits in on the meetings etc. and hears all of the discussion about COVID and what is happening now in the past and what to expect going forward.

Anyway, Back to the story of the couple

There is no way for anyone to tell if this couple is vaccinated or not Whether as individuals or as a couple.

The reason is because they were both infected. One caught it from the other so both can pass the virus and they can get very sick or be mild. Any of those things can happen with a vaccinated or unvaccinated person.

So while the world can scream at the top of their lungs for people to get vaccinated People are still going to get sick whether they are vaccinated or not.

For the record that couple is my wife and I. We are vaccinated. Our close friends are vaccinated and have basically the same story. One mild one harsh symptoms. Our neighbor is not vaccinated and had very mild symptoms.

Now back to the NFL.

The vaccine is not supposed to keep you from getting infected (although it can). It is supposed to keep you from kicking the bucket if you are an old fart like me. I'm assuming you are an old fart like me Puck and you didn't kick the bucket. I'm happy you and your wife were vaccinated. It worked.

To answer your last question, it has to do with viral load. Vaccinated folks shed much less virus than unvaccinated people and are less likely to infect others, especially other vaccinated people.

Puck
12-28-2021, 12:37 AM
Because that was the collective agreement between the NFL and the players association. It is as simple as that.

Why would the two sides agree to that? Because the only way to get healthy relatively young individuals who are notoriously self focused to do anything is to make it advantageous for them to do it. Left alone I can almost guarantee NFL players would have a significantly lower vaccination rate that the US population. That isn’t good for the NFL, that isn’t good for the players, and it isn’t good for society as a whole. So they have used a carrot and a stick to the best of their abilities to convince NFL players to get vaccinations. And they have been largely successful.

This is something that drives me crazy. People bitch and moan about any inconvenience they encounter in the name of protecting people. So we make concessions, try to offer incentives, or lessen the requirements to try to get max compliance and do the most good. Then the same people causing the issue nitpick any inconsistencies within the compromises they caused. So yeah, I agree it isn’t logical. But if the NFL didn’t make it an advantage to be vaccinated I’d almost guarantee the vaccination rate would be half (or less) of what it is. I’m at a loss for how that makes anything better for anyone other than those players selfish enough to refuse the vaccine. Again - those causing the need to compromise then bitch about the situation they caused.

I could be wrong but as of tomorrow there is no advantage to players to be vaccinated anymore. Both Vax and Unvax can come back in 5 days if asymptomatic. Thats what I read now, but I am sure there will be some more negotiations that will still favor the Vaxed

Oldcolt
12-28-2021, 01:07 AM
I could be wrong but as of tomorrow there is no advantage to players to be vaccinated anymore. Both Vax and Unvax can come back in 5 days if asymptomatic. Thats what I read now, but I am sure there will be some more negotiations that will still favor the Vaxed

I think you will be correct, as long as they are asymptomatic. I wonder if they will test everyone the same now. This whole thing just sucks.

rm1369
12-28-2021, 07:52 AM

Any player unvaccinated at this point isn’t likely to give in and get it now anyway.

JAFF
12-28-2021, 08:32 AM

I just want to add, getting the vaccine, wearing a mask, protects yourself and ME! I’m in my 60s and I’m retiring from my 35 year career in public service, because I’m exhausted from trying to protect my family, because I work in a petrie dish, and people are to self centered to put on a mask.

What happened to “love thy neighbor”? What happened to “ do unto others”? Where did that go?

This nation led the fight that ended polio, small pox, and mumps/measles. 1 million Americans are going to die from covid, because people will believe a talking head on the internet, and not their own doctor.

Oh, and the only people in our family who have been sick with this have been my grandkids. They caught it at school, and were not old enough for the vaccine. Both are now vaccinated.

JAFF
12-28-2021, 08:33 AM
I get everything you are saying. I do.

So the CDC just lowered the isolation period to 5 days from 10. The NFL is suppose to jump on that as of tomorrow.

Here is the tricky part. It says only 5 days isolation and then 5 days of wearing a mask. So how will this work for the NFL? NBA? etc. Are the players going to wear a mask for 5 days after isolation OR are they just going to ignore that part and get away without wearing it so we have players on the field?

They will. They are worried about money, not peoples health.

Racehorse
12-28-2021, 09:05 AM

I have said it before and I will ay it again. A lot of blacks do not trust the medical advice because of the Tuskegee Experiment. I do not blame them.

Hoopsdoc
12-28-2021, 09:19 AM

I don’t believe that this has been implemented yet, although everyone seems to think it will be shortly.

If I’m not mistaken, I believe the Colts could theoretically get everyone back for Sunday if this new policy is put in place, unless the policy only applies to those who test positive AFTER the new policy goes into effect.

If that’s the case, nothing changes and we’re still screwed for Sunday.

Plus, I still fully believe Wentz will test positive before this is all over.

Chromeburn
12-28-2021, 11:11 AM
I have said it before and I will ay it again. A lot of blacks do not trust the medical advice because of the Tuskegee Experiment. I do not blame them.

Monstrous. Bet it is never taught in schools either when discussing WW2.

Puck
12-28-2021, 12:09 PM
I don’t believe that this has been implemented yet, although everyone seems to think it will be shortly.

If I’m not mistaken, I believe the Colts could theoretically get everyone back for Sunday if this new policy is put in place, unless the policy only applies to those who test positive AFTER the new policy goes into effect.

If that’s the case, nothing changes and we’re still screwed for Sunday.

Plus, I still fully believe Wentz will test positive before this is all over.

There have been 106 and growing cases since Saturday. I will guess it will include everyone, otherwise they may have to move these games back a week

Colts And Orioles
12-28-2021, 12:53 PM
I have said it before, and I will say it again ...... a lot of Blacks do not trust the medical advice because of the Tuskegee Experiment. I do not blame them.

Monstrous. I bet that it is never taught in schools either, when discussing WW-2.

o

Fortunately, it is taught on the college level along with things like the Japanese Internment camps that were implemented in that same era.

Of course, there was the master of all education/teaching for those of us who were wise enough to listen to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnBLZkcgyyQ

o

rm1369
12-28-2021, 02:30 PM
Unsurprisingly, now wentz on the Covid list

Lov2fish
12-28-2021, 02:30 PM
Carson Wentz was just added to the list according to Fox 59

Puck
12-28-2021, 02:35 PM

Yep. They haven't released if he has it or close contact. Either way if the NFLPA agrees to the new CDC recommendations he can still play Sunday

ChoppedWood
12-28-2021, 02:37 PM

Heard a really interesting if somewhat conspiratorial take on this on the radio yesterday. I guess the rule is that once you have tested positive and cleared, you do not require a new test within 90 days. Thus some are speculating there may be some purposeful "positives" taking place right now to ensure that 2 games before a playoff game, a champ game, or the night before the SB, your guy won't come down with the surprise covid case.

It is interesting that there are some really big names out there that have not been positive yet and if this theory is correct, could end up being playoff casualties.

What a strange strange season.

Chromeburn
12-28-2021, 02:45 PM
Unsurprisingly, now wentz on the Covid list

And there it is. Once those guys were on the plane together, that was it.

Puck
12-28-2021, 02:47 PM
And there it is. Once those guys were on the plane together, that was it.

But that also includes everyone else that was on the plane. Whether vaxed or not. Close contact is close contact

Hoopsdoc
12-28-2021, 02:48 PM
Yep. They haven't released if he has it or close contact. Either way if the NFLPA agrees to the new CDC recommendations he can still play Sunday

As long as he isn’t symptomatic.

Also, this is the least surprising thing I’ll hear all day.

Hoopsdoc
12-28-2021, 02:53 PM
Also, since he tested positive today, he’s definitely out for the raiders game, even if they change it to 5 days of isolation.

Sam Ehlinger, come on down.

Puck
12-28-2021, 02:55 PM
Heard a really interesting if somewhat conspiratorial take on this on the radio yesterday. I guess the rule is that once you have tested positive and cleared, you do not require a new test within 90 days. Thus some are speculating there may be some purposeful "positives" taking place right now to ensure that 2 games before a playoff game, a champ game, or the night before the SB, your guy won't come down with the surprise covid case.

It is interesting that there are some really big names out there that have not been positive yet and if this theory is correct, could end up being playoff casualties.

The goalpost always move to where the money is. The NFL is not going to risk a terrible playoffs/SB and lose ratings.

The CDC goal post has also moved. Same requirements whether vaxed or unvaxed. Too many people out of work right now And its proven that you can get this whether vaxed or not. You are hopefully protecting yourself with milder symptoms if you are vaxed. BUT not always the case

Puck
12-28-2021, 02:58 PM
Also, since he tested positive today, he’s definitely out for the raiders game, even if they change it to 5 days of isolation.

Sam Ehlinger, come on down.

They test on Mondays. They are not even in the building to be tested today. So those results were from yesterday they just didn't release until today. This late reporting happens quite often.

Drewtone
12-28-2021, 02:59 PM
But that also includes everyone else that was on the plane. Whether vaxed or not. Close contact is close contact

That's gonna be the problem. The good news is that this variant is like a more contagious cold (also a coronavirus). The bad news is that this variant is like a more contagious cold.

I wonder who else in the QB room is gonna end up positive.

Colts And Orioles
12-28-2021, 03:12 PM
o

Well, if Wentz winds up missing the Raiders game, I presume that the Colts would be "running the damned ball" a lot.

That's the good news ...... the bad news is that the Raiders would obviously be expecting it, and subsequently concentrating on stopping it (the run game) a lot more than stopping the pass with Wentz not being on the field.

o

Drewtone
12-28-2021, 03:17 PM
o

Well, if Wentz winds up missing the Raiders game, I presume that the Colts would be "running the damned ball" a lot.

That's the good news ...... the bad news is that the Raiders would obviously be expecting it, and subsequently concentrating on stopping it (the run game) a lot more than stopping the pass with Wentz not being on the field.

o

Problem is, with our o-line still out, don't see how we run it anyway... if one or more of our RB's get tested positive, I don't know what the hell we're supposed to do.

I would note that two of the most vaccinated leagues in the world (Premier League and NHL) are both postponed their respective seasons.

Colts And Orioles
12-28-2021, 03:18 PM
o

o
o

Subsequently, perhaps we could throw in a few trick plays ....... something like pitching the ball to Jonathan Taylor as if running a sweep play, but instead have Taylor take a couple of steps backward and throw the ball downfield to a wide-open receiver.

o

Oldcolt
12-28-2021, 03:20 PM
We will miss Wentz’s ability to set us up for the run but the Colts liked Elinger a whole lot. I presume that given Wentz’s history everyone assumed that the backup had a decent chance of actually playing and they went with the rookie. Now we get to find out if they were right. If this keeps up, however, I have to think games will be postponed just like other leagues and bowl games have.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
12-28-2021, 03:26 PM
They test on Mondays. They are not even in the building to be tested today. So those results were from yesterday they just didn't release until today. This late reporting happens quite often.

They test more often than just Mondays.

Unvaccinated players get tested every day of the week at the team facility or at an approved alternative testing location.

apballin
12-28-2021, 03:29 PM
Next man up,

Get the shit outta the building for playoffs

Puck
12-28-2021, 03:37 PM
They test more often than just Mondays.

Unvaccinated players get tested every day of the week at the team facility or at an approved alternative testing location.

Yep was just going to post that I was incorrect.

daedge
12-28-2021, 04:05 PM
Per Adam Schefter a few mins ago.

NFL and NFLPA are getting close to adopting the new CDC guidelines that would reduce the quarantine time to five days from 10 days for all players, including those who are unvaccinated. Agreement could be done today, per sources.

Per Tom Pelissero 21 mins ago.

#Colts QB Carson Wentz's status for Sunday's game against the #Raiders remains TBD pending updated COVID protocols.

What we do know: Like all players who test positive, Wentz now gets a 90-day test holiday and thus isn't at risk of missing any more games through Super Bowl LVI.

JAFF
12-28-2021, 04:07 PM

And due to mandatory school vaccinations of ALL school children we are close to eliminating mumps, measles and rubella from the PLANET. No one has had polio or small pox in decades. Tuskegee occurred 70 years ago. Two major viruses have been eliminated since then. Its a nonsense excuse.

Drewtone
12-28-2021, 04:36 PM
And due to mandatory school vaccinations of ALL school children we are close to eliminating mumps, measles and rubella from the PLANET. No one has had polio or small pox in decades. Tuskegee occurred 70 years ago. Two major viruses have been eliminated since then. Its a nonsense excuse.

Jaff, that's a really poor argument given that the MMR vaccine had 12-years' data collected before it was initially mandated for school children back in the '60's.

Why don't you check sub-sarahan Africa and chunks of India for more recent examples of 'less-than-favorable' outcomes from western vaccination initiatives.

Dewey 5
12-28-2021, 04:52 PM
All I know is that I feel better about Elinger than I ever did about than Eason.

Puck
12-28-2021, 04:54 PM
https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/1475906579316752389?s=20

Chris Mortensen
@mortreport
·
1h
From the updated CDC recommendations late yesterday.
Vaxxed or unvaxxed.
Symptoms or no symptoms.
5-day window possible.
#NFL #NFLPA

Discflinger
12-28-2021, 05:17 PM
On the bright side, at least Frank has enough time to game plan for Ehlinger. Should make for some nifty QB runs.

Dewey 5
12-28-2021, 05:17 PM
o

Subsequently, perhaps we could throw in a few trick plays ....... something like pitching the ball to Jonathan Taylor as if running a sweep play, but instead have Taylor take a couple of steps backward and throw the ball downfield to a wide-open receiver.

o

Or maybe some wildcat with Hines.

JAFF
12-28-2021, 05:46 PM
Jaff, that's a really poor argument given that the MMR vaccine had 12-years' data collected before it was initially mandated for school children back in the '60's.

Why don't you check sub-sarahan Africa and chunks of India for more recent examples of 'less-than-favorable' outcomes from western vaccination initiatives.

Thats not the vaccine, that is the inability of those governments to get their act together. Its a multiple shot regiment over several years. Lousy infrastructure and poor records keeping/document access and not all kids are getting what they need.

ChaosTheory
12-28-2021, 06:02 PM
You don't say! Haha. PR only gets you so far, huh?

Maybe Brady will test positive a day before a playoff game and they'll change the protocol to, "Do you feel ok enough to play?". Then the charade will end.

rm1369
12-28-2021, 06:13 PM
You don't say! Haha. PR only gets you so far, huh?

Maybe Brady will test positive a day before a playoff game and they'll change the protocol to, "Do you feel ok enough to play?". Then the charade will end.

And you’d be complaining if they didn’t adjust to the new CDC guidelines.

Drewtone
12-28-2021, 06:15 PM
Thats not the vaccine, that is the inability of those governments to get their act together. Its a multiple shot regiment over several years. Lousy infrastructure and poor records keeping/document access and not all kids are getting what they need.

The items I'm talking about in South Africa and parts of India are very specifically related to vaccines: meningitis (SA) and HPV (India) back around 2010....

And remember, talking about 'selfishness', your insistence on a booster for everyone takes away shots 1 and 2 in the developing world. Pandemic continues on there, but hey, as long as you feel safe, I guess.

Drewtone
12-28-2021, 06:17 PM

Well, I mean some are now out there arguing that the CDC moved in part due to pressure from the CEO of Delta Airlines, so who the freaking hell knows?

Dewey 5
12-28-2021, 06:32 PM
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1475953787797921799

The NFL and NFLPA have agreed to modify COVID protocols in accordance with new CDC guidelines, cutting the standard isolation period after a positive test for asymptomatic individuals from 10 days to 5 days – regardless of vaccination status

ChaosTheory
12-28-2021, 06:44 PM

I'm sorry you're having a hard time pigeonholing me. I am.

(Incoming: I just want you to provide a solution)

Well, I mean some are now out there arguing that the CDC moved in part due to pressure from the CEO of Delta Airlines, so who the freaking hell knows?

You've got multiple multi-billion-dollar sports leagues out there, too. Makes you wonder.

I'm sure Lebron James tweeting to 50-million followers (and countless more spectators) that there's an issue distinguishing covid from the flu or the common cold doesn't count as pressure, right?

JAFF
12-28-2021, 07:03 PM
The items I'm talking about in South Africa and parts of India are very specifically related to vaccines: meningitis (SA) and HPV (India) back around 2010....

And remember, talking about 'selfishness', your insistence on a booster for everyone takes away shots 1 and 2 in the developing world. Pandemic continues on there, but hey, as long as you feel safe, I guess.

Other countries can apply for help to the UN. Meanwhile, charity begins at home. As long as 40% of Americans get their news from alexis jones of the world, Im sure there will be plenty available for everyone

Lov2fish
12-28-2021, 07:28 PM

They keep moving the goal post until they find that spot that keep all the scared people happy, and those who don't give a shit happy. Considering that I just finished my 2nd. go-round with cold, err Covid I fall into the latter. First time around loss of smell and taste was the worse of it. I like food, so it kinda sucked. This last time the worse part was a headache. I didn't die, or was in jeopardy of dying, to the dismay of Jaff and the other Fauci ball lickers. I don't smoke, drink or doing any drugs. Not in great shape, but healthy. These guys are fucking perfect specimens of health, so unless some unseen comorbidities rear its ugly head it will be much ado about nothing for them as well. These guys are the epitome of "healthy"

Drewtone
12-28-2021, 07:59 PM
Other countries can apply for help to the UN. Meanwhile, charity begins at home. As long as 40% of Americans get their news from alexis jones of the world, Im sure there will be plenty available for everyone

Comprehension not your bag, Jaff? It was the UN (specifically certain NGO's) that was the problem testing vaccines in these places with disastrous results.

WHO says, or at least strongly implies, that you're a douchebag for that attitude.

Brylok
12-28-2021, 08:38 PM
Well, it's been an interesting season. I'll keep any other comments I have to myself. Smh

JAFF
12-28-2021, 08:56 PM
Comprehension not your bag, Jaff? It was the UN (specifically certain NGO's) that was the problem testing vaccines in these places with disastrous results.

WHO says, or at least strongly implies, that you're a douchebag for that attitude.

Fuck the WHO. The international organizations where planning a blitz on 3 african nations to try and kill mumps/ measles. That was about a year and half ago. Somehow they got sidetracked.

I care about home, starting in my county and working my way to the boarders of Indiana. I will think about helping other states except those Illiastards to the west.

If you cant figure out why, I cant help you.

Dewey 5
12-28-2021, 09:14 PM
Fuck the WHO. The international organizations where planning a blitz on 3 african nations to try and kill mumps/ measles. That was about a year and half ago. Somehow they got sidetracked.

I care about home, starting in my county and working my way to the boarders of Indiana. I will think about helping other states except those Illiastards to the west.

If you cant figure out why, I cant help you.

Wait. They're a pretty good & legendary band. Saw them in 1979 when my older brother & his friend took me to see them.

Racehorse
12-28-2021, 09:52 PM

I was curious about Jones a few years ago. Checked him out. Holy smokes, the guy is insane! On par with the National Enquirer.

Lov2fish
12-28-2021, 10:02 PM
I was curious about Jones a few years ago. Checked him out. Holy smokes, the guy is insane! On par with the National Enquirer.

What did the Enquirer ever do to you? I listened to that guy for about 3 minutes. I'm pretty sure I caught something from it. Not enough aluminum foil for that head.

Colts And Orioles
12-28-2021, 10:17 PM
Wait. They're a pretty good & legendary band. I saw them in 1979 when my older brother & his friend took me to see them.

o

That was also the same year of their disastrous concert at the Riverfront Coliseum in Cincinnati, in which 11 people were crushed to death.

What happened that day was largely due to the fact that there was festival seating (first come, first serve.)

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2019/12/02/PCIN/37a38c7b-c92a-4edf-a748-1779729d4886-CINCpt_04-24-2016_Specbroad1_1_I011__2016_04_11_IMG_1979_Who_co ncert_dea_1_1_NSE1O6R7_L792870117_IMG_1979_Who_con cert_dea_1_1_NSE1O6R7.jpg?auto=webp&crop=695,391,x0,y0&format=pjpg&width=500

o

Butter
12-28-2021, 11:21 PM

If you ever want a good laugh listen to the Knowledge fight Podcast, Dan and Jordan have a lot of fun Covering Jones
https://knowledgefight.com/

JAFF
12-28-2021, 11:29 PM

The Enquirer wont touch him. That a hole claimed that the murder of school children in Sandy Hook never happened.

JAFF
12-28-2021, 11:33 PM
o

That was also the same year of their disastrous concert at the Riverfront Coliseum in Cincinnati, in which 11 people were crushed to death.

What happened that day was largely due to the fact that there was festival seating (first come, first serve.)

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2019/12/02/PCIN/37a38c7b-c92a-4edf-a748-1779729d4886-CINCpt_04-24-2016_Specbroad1_1_I011__2016_04_11_IMG_1979_Who_co ncert_dea_1_1_NSE1O6R7_L792870117_IMG_1979_Who_con cert_dea_1_1_NSE1O6R7.jpg?auto=webp&crop=695,391,x0,y0&format=pjpg&width=500

o

That wasnt the Who’s fault. It was caused by their open ing act, the Pope

Puck
12-28-2021, 11:59 PM
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1475953787797921799

The NFL and NFLPA have agreed to modify COVID protocols in accordance with new CDC guidelines, cutting the standard isolation period after a positive test for asymptomatic individuals from 10 days to 5 days – regardless of vaccination status

Follow the money watch the goalpost. With NFL and with the country

Oldcolt
12-29-2021, 12:07 AM
Even if you don’t give a shit about the poor countries out there it getting enough vaccine and think we only need to take care of humans in the USA, you should be all about getting as much vaccine into as many arms worldwide as possible. We all live on the same planet and breathe the same air. Letting it run rampant gives this virus the perfect setting to mutate. We all know how much of a threat that is to everyone of us

Puck
12-29-2021, 12:13 AM
Even if you don’t give a shit about the poor countries out there it getting enough vaccine and think we only need to take care of humans in the USA, you should be all about getting as much vaccine into as many arms worldwide as possible. We all live on the same planet and breathe the same air. Letting it run rampant gives this virus the perfect setting to mutate. We all know how much of a threat that is to everyone of us

OldColt. as a DR. can you tell me if the tests can distinguish between the common cold/Flu and Omnicron?

Both are SARS variants

I know the answer. Just testing if you agree.

And absolutely not picking at you. But you drew the short straw admitting your a DR

Colts And Orioles
12-29-2021, 01:23 AM
That wasn't the Who’s fault. It was caused by their opening act, the Pope.

o

It was the fault of whoever decided to have festival seating ...... and the thousands of people/fans who decided that they couldn't wait to get inside.

o

JAFF
12-29-2021, 08:40 AM
Follow the money watch the goalpost. With NFL and with the country

Its always about the money

JAFF
12-29-2021, 08:41 AM
o

It was the fault of whoever decided to have festival seating ...... and the thousands of people/fans who decided that they couldn't wait to get inside.

o

Its an old joke. They had a stamped in Mexico city, when the pope visited.

Oldcolt
12-29-2021, 12:14 PM
Having so many of our best players out with COVID this late in the season could be a huge gift to us come playoff time, if we get lucky and their cases are mild. With the NFL letting them back after 5 days AND having essentially 60 days off the protocol after you have a diagnosis of COVID it is possible we have clear sailings (at least as far as COVID is concerned) through the playoffs. With any luck from the football gods (and those assholes owe us some luck) it will be other teams dealing with stars on COVID list, not us

rcubed
12-29-2021, 12:59 PM
Zak Keefer
@zkeefer
So, a week after playing without four offensive line starters, Colts likely have at least three back (Nelson, Kelly, Glowinski). Eric Fisher won't practice today but remains day-to-day (knee), and Braden Smith remains in Covid protocol, but could test out by game time.

Turay and Rock also activated off covid list

Colts And Orioles
12-29-2021, 01:16 PM
Zak Keefer

@zkeefer

So, a week after playing without four offensive line starters, Colts likely have at least three back (Nelson, Kelly, Glowinski). Eric Fisher won't practice today, but remains day-to-day (knee), and Braden Smith remains in Covid protocol, but could test out by game time.

Turay and Rock were also activated off COVID-list.

o

Considering the fact that 3 of the 4 starters on the offensive line will be back and that there is still a good chance that Carson Wentz will be allowed to play, I hope that the Colts take an extremely conservative route in regard to the healing and recovery of Eric Fisher's knee ...... I think that we can beat the Raiders without him, and would prefer that he be as healthy as possible when the playoffs start (assuming that we make it that far.)

Fisher really gutted it out for one-and-a-half quarters against the Cardinals, knowing that we were missing 3 starters on the offensive line and that we desperately needed as much experience as possible in that area for that game ...... now that almost all of the other starters are back, it's time to pay Fisher back for his efforts and reward him by treating his recovery and his presence in the playoffs as a top priority.

o

JAFF
12-29-2021, 01:27 PM

I agree, not my point. Charity begins at HOME. Once this nation gets it under control, we need to vaccinate everyone else.

Drewtone
12-29-2021, 01:30 PM
Boy guys, what a difference a day makes!

I hope Greg Doyle has an adequately sized fainting couch in his house.

Drewtone
12-29-2021, 01:32 PM
Its an old joke. They had a stamped in Mexico city, when the pope visited.

I remember both of those... last festival seating concert in the midwest.

Hoopsdoc
12-29-2021, 02:00 PM

No shit. Looks like the Colts may have caught a huge break, but I won’t fully believe it until they’re out there on Sunday.

JAFF
12-29-2021, 03:29 PM

Dont blame him for being right. If the CDC keeps the protocols the same, this team is cooked

JAFF
12-29-2021, 03:34 PM
I remember both of those... last festival seating concert in the midwest.

Until this year in Texass and some dumb@ss allows it and people die.

Colts And Orioles
12-29-2021, 03:40 PM
Until this year in Texas, and some dumb@ss allows it and people die.

o

The state of Texas leads the nation in executions. In fact, they even executed a retarded person in 2012 ...... you have to be the best at something, right ???

https://assets.change.org/photos/4/sz/pa/wUsZpaPDmPXTwPs-800x450-noPad.jpg?1516440547

o

Oldcolt
12-29-2021, 03:45 PM
I agree, not my point. Charity begins at HOME. Once this nation gets it under control, we need to vaccinate everyone else.

I agree that we should get everyone vaccinated at home first. I believe we have vaccinated everyone that is willing in the USA. Holding up helping the world get vaccinated until you convince the anti-vaxxers to accept the vaccine seems foolish. You would be handling over a tremendous of power to them. Am I misunderstanding you on this?

JAFF
12-29-2021, 05:24 PM
I agree that we should get everyone vaccinated at home first. I believe we have vaccinated everyone that is willing in the USA. Holding up helping the world get vaccinated until you convince the anti-vaxxers to accept the vaccine seems foolish. You would be handling over a tremendous of power to them. Am I misunderstanding you on this?

Yes, I understand we need to help other nations, starting in Mexico and heading south to the tip of Argentina. And that should happen after this surge. The pharma will be cranking out doses and there will enough to ship to our neighbors.

Before this pandemic ends, over 1 million Americans will have died from covid. Even with the vaccine more Americans will die this year than last year. With the vaccine available, the numbers keep climbing.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20211122/us-covid-deaths-2021-surpass-2020-total

So, yes I think we need to get some control of this at home before worrying about outside our boarders.

Oh, and you try to get a PCR test done in Indy, next appointment is 1/5/22. And the surrounding counties going west along I 74.

Discflinger
12-29-2021, 09:55 PM
Just listened to The Horseshoe Huddle podcast and the inside scoop is that Carson is asymptotic.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
12-30-2021, 10:32 AM
Three more players were removed from the COVID-19 Reserve list today - Leonard, Pascal and Willis.

There are 9 Colts that remain on the list - S Jahleel Addae, CB T.J. Carrie, LB Malik Jefferson, RB Marlon Mack, RT Braden Smith, QB Carson Wentz, QB James Morgan, CB Chris Wilcox and TE Eli Wolf.

https://twitter.com/Colts/status/1476558013360222208

We have activated LB Darius Leonard, WR Zach Pascal and S Khari Willis from the Reserve/COVID-19 list.

https://twitter.com/JoelAErickson/status/1476558916871933961

Leonard, Willis and Pascal all went on the list on Saturday before the game.

We learned from Hard Knocks last night that their initial tests that day were negative, then they started feeling sick later in the day and the Colts tested them again, all positive.

Oldcolt
12-30-2021, 10:54 AM
Things are starting to turn our way. Zac Keefer is reporting that all of our unvaccinated player have been in COVID protocol and are free from it for the next 90 days or through the playoffs. Excellent news if true

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
12-31-2021, 12:15 PM
S Jahleel Addae and RB Marlon Mack were removed from the COVID-19 Reserve list today.

Those moves leave 7 Colts still on the list - QB Carson Wentz, RT Braden Smith, CB T.J. Carrie, LB Malik Jefferson, QB James Morgan, CB Chris Wilcox and TE Eli Wolf.

https://www.colts.com/news/jahleel-addae-marlon-mack-reserve-covid-19-list-activated-week-17

Discflinger
12-31-2021, 03:07 PM
Luke Rhodes is the latest casualty.

JAFF
12-31-2021, 03:13 PM

That could be a problem, wow

Colts And Orioles
12-31-2021, 04:16 PM
I just listened to The Horseshoe Huddle pod-cast and the inside scoop is that Carson is asymptotic.

o

GREAT news. ) :cool:

o

Colts And Orioles
12-31-2021, 04:17 PM
Things are starting to turn our way. Zac Keefer is reporting that all of our un-vaccinated players have been in COVID protocol, and are free from it for the next 90 days or through the playoffs ...... excellent news, if true.

o

Good info.

o

Colts And Orioles
12-31-2021, 04:19 PM

That could be a problem ...... wow.

o

When I was a kid, I read Joe Namath's biography. When he was in high school, the team punter was injured. The head coach at Beaver Falls High School told Joe that he would have to punt for the team for the upcoming game. Namath told him, "Don't worry, coach, our offense will be so good that we won't have to punt" ...... just as Namath asserted, they didn't have to punt, and Beaver Falls High won the game going away.

And of course, there was the 2003 divisional playoff game in which NEITHER TEAM had to punt in the Colts' 38-31 victory over the Chiefs in Kansas City.

I'm not necessarily asserting that the Colts won't have to punt at all against the Raiders, but if the offense can play well enough to minimize the punting, then the loss of our long-snapper will be at least somewhat minimized.

o

JAFF
12-31-2021, 04:23 PM
o

When I was a kid, I read Joe Namath's biography. When he was in high school, the team punter was injured. The head coach at Beaver Falls High School told Joe that he would have to punt for the team for the upcoming game. Namath told him, "Don't worry, coach, our offense will be so good that we won't have to punt" ...... just as Namath asserted, they didn't have to punt, and Beaver Falls High won the game going away.

And of course, there was the 2003 divisional playoff game in which NEITHER TEAM had to punt in the Colts' 38-31 victory over the Chiefs in Kansas City.

I'm not necessarily asserting that the Colts won't have to punt at all against the Raiders, but if the offense can play well enough to minimize the punting, then the loss of our long-snapper will be at least somewhat minimized.

o

Field goals AND extra points, made a difference with the Cards

Colts And Orioles
12-31-2021, 04:26 PM
Field goals AND extra points, made a difference with the Cards.

o

Yes, they do. And it could potentially be a much bigger difference if the Colts have to punt a lot.

o

Oldcolt
12-31-2021, 04:39 PM
Kyle Nelson was signed in case they need him Sunday according to the Star.

JAFF
12-31-2021, 04:56 PM
Kyle Nelson was signed in case they need him Sunday according to the Star.

Is he the finest one armed long snapper from the U of Wallamaloo, New South Wales Austrialia?

Mr. Session
01-01-2022, 10:51 AM
Players Union

I really think their leverage is minimal.

It’ll be interesting to see how the Supreme Court rules regarding the federal mandate, but the precedent has already been set and there are already people that have given up their jobs because they refused to be coerced into compliance.

I don’t believe the NFLPA is exceptional within this context. Perhaps only one or two Darius Leonards come in a generation but every year there is a new crop of kids with dreams of generational wealth who will be more than happy to comply with the owners contractual demands.

bigalbert
01-01-2022, 12:00 PM

Actually polio is on the rise. In 2020 200 cases of polio and 600 vaccine derived cases in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldcolt
01-01-2022, 12:49 PM
Losing Rhodes at this juncture to COVID may be a blessing in disguise. Sure it may hurt us against Oakland but it assures he will be off COVID protocol through out the playoffs. His is another position that we don't keep a back up and can be hard to find if he went down in the playoffs. Thing keep breaking our way even when our guys get COVID. This is the year. Puck is right.

JAFF
01-01-2022, 02:28 PM
Actually polio is on the rise. In 2020 200 cases of polio and 600 vaccine derived cases in the world.

Out of 8 billion people? I cant tell by your typing if you are serious

TheMugwump
01-01-2022, 02:47 PM
Out of 8 billion people? I cant tell by your typing if you are serious

What's confusing? You literally said that, "No one has had polio or small pox in decades", and now you clap back because he points out that polio is still around? 200 is more than no one in decades, and if it's around, it's not been eradicated.

That said, folks, get your gd shots. I've been getting crushed since Christmas night with this Omicron fucker, which is supposed to have less serious symptoms than Delta or Alpha, and I've had my shots. It's the literal worst. It might be "just a cold" for some, but for plenty of others, it's no joke.

Protect yourselves, Freaks.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
01-01-2022, 03:45 PM
Three more Colts removed from the COVID-19 Reserve List today:

QB Carson Wentz
RT Braden Smith
CB T.J. Carrie

The Colts also made a bunch of other roster moves in advance of the Raiders game:

https://www.colts.com/news/carson-wentz-covid-reserve-braden-smith-brett-hundley-week-17-roster-moves

Lov2fish
01-01-2022, 03:46 PM
Wentz, Smith and Carrie all activated as of today for tomorrows game per Colts .com

JAFF
01-01-2022, 03:46 PM
What's confusing? You literally said that, "No one has had polio or small pox in decades", and now you clap back because he points out that polio is still around? 200 is more than no one in decades, and if it's around, it's not been eradicated.

That said, folks, get your gd shots. I've been getting crushed since Christmas night with this Omicron fucker, which is supposed to have less serious symptoms than Delta or Alpha, and I've had my shots. It's the literal worst. It might be "just a cold" for some, but for plenty of others, it's no joke.

200 out of 8 000 000 000 is insignificant. And children are still vaccinated for polio. So chances of getting it is incredibly low.

Im sorry you caught it. I happy you were vaccinated, but if you feel worse go to the hospital. I hope you recover soon.

Chromeburn
01-01-2022, 04:02 PM

It’s been eradicated from the US, not the world. Common misconception. But still pretty minimal considering what it once was.

Chromeburn
01-01-2022, 06:26 PM
Carson Wence has been activated from the Covid list.

All hail the CDC and Jim’s bribe!

https://twitter.com/barstoolindy/status/1477360000150478849?s=21

bigalbert
01-01-2022, 06:36 PM

You probably have Delta would be my guess. Still 27% of the cases in the US. Especially if it’s in your lungs, omicron hasn’t been able to replicate in the lungs like prior strains. This is the one we want to completely dominate and take over so it can be the endemic. When a virus mutates into a fast spreader it loses its anger and becomes tamer. That is exactly what happened to the Spanish flu, so let’s hope for the same to happen with the Wuhan flu so we can take politics out of it.

Hoopsdoc
01-01-2022, 07:13 PM
Carson Wence has been activated from the Covid list.

All hail the CDC and Jim’s bribe!

https://twitter.com/barstoolindy/status/1477360000150478849?s=21

I don’t know what his condition is, but as I understand it, he still has to be symptom free in the morning in order to be cleared to play.

Oldcolt
01-01-2022, 09:02 PM
I would hope he was feeling fine, otherwise why the hell activate him. Doesn't he need a negative COVID test?

ChaosTheory
01-01-2022, 11:25 PM
I would hope he was feeling fine, otherwise why the hell activate him. Doesn't he need a negative COVID test?

From what I understand, there's no more testing back into eligibility. Five days and you're back, free of testing for 90 days.

As far as symptoms... These guys have all the resources in the world. There are regimens out there that are beating this thing with a quickness. Like get sick Monday, test negative Wednesday quick.

Teams might not discuss it, but it seems obvious they have these regimens planned, primed, and ready to go. And if it's not obvious to you, Aaron Rodgers just said as much the other day on McAfee's show.

Discflinger
01-06-2022, 10:57 AM
Sendejo was just placed on the list.

Drewtone
01-07-2022, 06:50 PM
Teams might not discuss it, but it seems obvious they have these regimens planned, primed, and ready to go. And if it's not obvious to you, Aaron Rodgers just said as much the other day on McAfee's show.

Aaron Rogers very specifically got into this on the Pat McAffee Show last week.

Racehorse
01-07-2022, 08:27 PM
Aaron Rogers very specifically got into this on the Pat McAffee Show last week.

Missed it. What did he say?

Lov2fish
01-07-2022, 09:16 PM

I tested positive yesterday for the 3rd. time. Not sure about them but I take a 1K dosage of vitamin C twice a day and 1K dosage of vitamin D once a day and my regular vitamins. I don't drink or smoke, not in great shape, but not walking diabetes either. I was a two sport athlete in school so I am suspecting for those guys who are specimens of health its not as bad as it could be. The worse thing for me so far is the quarantine part. I am very active and being in the house for 10 days is subject to getting me killed by the wife.

My cousin who is also in pretty good shape spent 5 days in hospital with it. I think if you have some hidden comorbidities it will light you up. He is a cancer survivor, but always takes care of himself. I don't think you are going to see any of these guys doing what I do. With their stature they have access to more than I could ever imagine.

ChaosTheory
01-08-2022, 03:07 AM

A lot. Specifically regarding the treatment... He said he knew that the regimen that he used (that he referenced in November) was being employed by NFL players/teams. May or may not have used the phrase, "behind the scenes." Been a while since I listened.