PDA

View Full Version : The Colts WILL win the SB THIS year

Puck
12-20-2021, 12:34 AM
It has been in my mind and now in my bones. This team is perfectly built to run the table.

Yes we lack a substantial pass rush

Yes Wentz can be sketchy at times

BUT!!!!!!!

We have THE BEST running back in the NFL

We have a D that is opportunistic

Even though Wentz is "sometimes" sketchy HE CAN throw the ball, run the ball and make plays. He's pretty good

Turn over advantage. Colts every game

Running game advantage Colts every game

Scoring? We put up some points early every game!!!!!

We dont have PM or AL but what we have CAN AND WILL win ths SB

There is no team we have played that we wouldnt beat right now if we faced them again....NOT ONE

Only teams that scare me are the Cowboys because of their D and the Bucs because of Brady

No team in the AFC scares me!!!!!

Bring on the tacks in the first round. Lets pound the ball down the Chiefs throat and go to the SB!!!!

Nope. I'm not drunk. I believe!!!!!

START BELIEVING..... START BELIEVING!!!!!!

rm1369
12-20-2021, 12:52 AM
I love the optimism and I wouldn’t be completely surprised if they won this year, but I think they are at least a year away. The lack of pass rush is what I think limits them. They are showing the window is open and it’s now on Ballard to complete the team and push them over the top.

ChoppedWood
12-20-2021, 01:37 AM
I love the optimism and I wouldn’t be completely surprised if they won this year, but I think they are at least a year away. The lack of pass rush is what I think limits them. They are showing the window is open and it’s now on Ballard to complete the team and push them over the top.

My greatest worry is the WR position. Playoffs are a different animal. I fear we look a lot like the KC team with Larry Johnson that was terrifying until the moment came when they HAD to pass the ball and there just wasn't enough there. We really need another WR to step up and I just don't see that this year. Without Pittman this passing attack is not threatening at all.

Butter
12-20-2021, 01:53 AM
Would be a great SB story.

Spike
12-20-2021, 03:17 AM
It has been in my mind and now in my bones. This team is perfectly built to run the table.

Yes we lack a substantial pass rush

Yes Wentz can be sketchy at times

BUT!!!!!!!

We have THE BEST running back in the NFL

We have a D that is opportunistic

Even though Wentz is "sometimes" sketchy HE CAN throw the ball, run the ball and make plays. He's pretty good

Turn over advantage. Colts every game

Running game advantage Colts every game

Scoring? We put up some points early every game!!!!!

We dont have PM or AL but what we have CAN AND WILL win ths SB

There is no team we have played that we wouldnt beat right now if we faced them again....NOT ONE

Only teams that scare me are the Cowboys because of their D and the Bucs because of Brady

No team in the AFC scares me!!!!!

Bring on the tacks in the first round. Lets pound the ball down the Chiefs throat and go to the SB!!!!

Nope. I'm not drunk. I believe!!!!!

START BELIEVING..... START BELIEVING!!!!!!

Great post Puck. I will say this though, Brady just got the fuck shut out tonight. The Cowboys defense is great against the pass, but Taylor will fuck them up. Love Parsons, wish we had him, but Taylor will run like a madman against that team. I can't remember where I read it, but someone close to the NFL talking heads said that no one wants to play the Colts in the playoffs.
For the first time in forever, the Colts are the fucking physical team and I love it.

rm1369
12-20-2021, 08:56 AM
My greatest worry is the WR position. Playoffs are a different animal. I fear we look a lot like the KC team with Larry Johnson that was terrifying until the moment came when they HAD to pass the ball and there just wasn't enough there. We really need another WR to step up and I just don't see that this year. Without Pittman this passing attack is not threatening at all.

Yeah WR2 is an issue as well, but there is the possibility of Campbell returning and adding at least a threat. It’s a strange feeling, but I find myself actually rooting for some bad weather playoff games. Handicapping the passing game helps the Colts on both sides of the ball. They for once are built for it.

Racehorse
12-20-2021, 10:03 AM
Yeah WR2 is an issue as well, but there is the possibility of Campbell returning and adding at least a threat. It’s a strange feeling, but I find myself actually rooting for some bad weather playoff games. Handicapping the passing game helps the Colts on both sides of the ball. They for once are built for it.

If Campbell returns in good shape, TY could benefit greatly. He can be very elusive, especially if Pittman and Campbell are getting loads of attention from the DBs.

ukcolt
12-20-2021, 10:21 AM
I am not so sure that T.Y. can't still be that spark. He has battled through some injuries, but has caught pretty much everything thrown his way this year, from what i can recall. Missed quite a few games, and some of those he has played in, we have decided to emphasis the run. He still knows how to get open.

Colts And Orioles
12-20-2021, 02:02 PM
o

When Brady played for the Patriots, the teams around him always scared me more than Brady himself ...... and I still feel the same way about the Buccaneers team that is around him.

o

CletusPyle
12-20-2021, 02:20 PM
I've said it before in game threads, there are times I don't see how anybody can beat us....then it's like they just lose their momentum and the game flips on them! I believe this team is certainly capable of winning it all, but these lapses, especially in the second half scare me....if they continue to have those I believe a good team will knock them off.

Having to win three games on the road is a tall order, they need to win the division to give themselves a much more realistic chance to pull it off! But I love the optimism!

Chromeburn
12-20-2021, 03:21 PM
At a certain point Wentz is going to have to win a game for us. Can he do that?

BTW McAfee is all about the Colts SB bound today.

Luck4Reich
12-20-2021, 03:26 PM
I'm with you Puck.... It's getting colder and pretty offenses don't always get it done.. Colts have the kind of team that can win the ugly bad weather playoff games.

Keep in mind they were in the game with every playoff caliber team they lost too. Probably should have won a couple of those had they not shot themselves in the foot.

It could happen.

Spike
12-20-2021, 04:41 PM
I've said it before in game threads, there are times I don't see how anybody can beat us....then it's like they just lose their momentum and the game flips on them! I believe this team is certainly capable of winning it all, but these lapses, especially in the second half scare me....if they continue to have those I believe a good team will knock them off.

Having to win three games on the road is a tall order, they need to win the division to give themselves a much more realistic chance to pull it off! But I love the optimism!

This team scares me too, no matter the lead we have. Even when the Colts were up 20-0 late in the Patriot game, I was still sweating it out until Taylor scored that late TD. The lack of a pass rush has me so fucking frustrated.

apballin
12-20-2021, 05:33 PM
I think Reich has finally seen the light,

We have great game plans early and seem to jump up on everyone and the losses early in the season were tough necessary lessons for Reich

Keep feeding JT and finish teams with the run game

JAFF
12-20-2021, 05:39 PM
Positive thinking results in positive outcomes.

My thought, this run game plays anywhere. Outside, inside, rain or snow.

TheMugwump
12-20-2021, 05:44 PM
I'd feel a lot better about being a hugely run-oriented team for the next seven games if Mack was active on game day.

Every week I worry they are going to overuse JT, and don't understand why MM isn't in there getting a few carries every week.

But I'm not going to second guess the coach on this. Just insanely curious.

Colts And Orioles
12-29-2021, 02:13 PM
o

(DECEMBER 29th)

Adam Schein rates the 9 teams that he feels are most likely to win it all this season ...... he has the Colts at #6, ahead of the Bengals, the Buccaneers, and the Titans.

https://www.nfl.com/news/who-ll-win-super-bowl-lvi-ranking-nine-most-likely-nfl-champions-as-2021-regular

1) ) Kansas City Chiefs

2) ) Green Bay Packers

3) ) Buffalo Bills

4) ) Dallas Cowboys

5) ) Los Angeles Rams

6) ) Indianapolis Colts

7) ) Cincinnati Bengals

8) ) Tampa Bay Buccaneers

9) ) Tennessee Titans

Indianapolis Colts: ) The defense is superbly coached by Matt Eberflus, but the unit also has 2 big-time difference-makers in LB Darius Leonard and DT DeForest Buckner. Jonathan Taylor is a wrecking ball who is having a season for the ages, currently leading the league in rushing by a whopping 467 yards. Credit is due, of course, to the offensive line, which is a road-grading machine. Carson Wentz has looked both great and worrisome, but it's surely been more up than down ...... though now he needs to work his way back from the Reserve/COVID-19 list.

The Colts team we've seen in December ...... with wins over the Patriots and Cardinals in the past 2 weeks ...... is Super Bowl-caliber. It's a complete squad, brilliantly led by head coach Frank Reich. And with the ability to control the game through Taylor and their stout defense, Indy can win on the road against strong teams. Just ask the Bills, who were blown off of their own field by the Colts last month.

o

Drewtone
12-29-2021, 04:17 PM
I'd feel a lot better about being a hugely run-oriented team for the next seven games if Mack was active on game day.

Every week I worry they are going to overuse JT, and don't understand why MM isn't in there getting a few carries every week.

But I'm not going to second guess the coach on this. Just insanely curious.

I'm OK with them giving some carries to Deon Jackson... he looked good both in preseason and the few snaps he got a couple of snaps and a TD a couple of weeks back.

Chromeburn
12-29-2021, 06:23 PM
I'm OK with them giving some carries to Deon Jackson... he looked good both in preseason and the few snaps he got a couple of snaps and a TD a couple of weeks back.

We need to get Hines his touches first. He’s too good and paid too well to not get them. He’s one of our best weapons.

apballin
12-29-2021, 06:53 PM
We need to get Hines his touches first. He’s too good and paid too well to not get them. He’s one of our best weapons.

I love that wildcat in the red zone with him and JT

That’s tough to defend idc who you are

Chromeburn
12-29-2021, 09:27 PM
I love that wildcat in the red zone with him and JT

That’s tough to defend idc who you are

With the fake reverse thrown in. Imagine Cambell being the reverse guy. That’s three guys with 4.3+ speed possibly running to the sideline to turn the corner.

apballin
12-30-2021, 12:47 PM
With the fake reverse thrown in. Imagine Cambell being the reverse guy. That’s three guys with 4.3+ speed possibly running to the sideline to turn the corner.

Hopefully we get to see this rolled out in the playoffs

JAFF
12-30-2021, 04:02 PM

Imagine Cambell can actually playing for an entire quarter without going on the IR.

Dulin is about has terrific speed and he can put a lick on a punt returner, and not miss a quarter.

What is this fascination with Cambell? When he gets through a game uninjured and makes a play, I’ll be shocked

Discflinger
12-30-2021, 04:12 PM
Harsh but fair.

Chromeburn
12-30-2021, 04:14 PM
Imagine Cambell can actually playing for an entire quarter without going on the IR.

Dulin is about has terrific speed and he can put a lick on a punt returner, and not miss a quarter.

What is this fascination with Cambell? When he gets through a game uninjured and makes a play, I’ll be shocked

Mainly for Campbell’s potential and we have seen glimpses of it. Dulin is nice, but I don’t see his potential as anything more than Chester Rogers.

JAFF
12-30-2021, 04:21 PM
Harsh but fair.

The NFL is a result oriented business. I love Dulin. 20+ special teams tackle. He’s not getting bullied by a CB. When Cambell plays 3 games in a row and makes positive yardage every game, I might get interested

JAFF
12-30-2021, 04:23 PM
Mainly for Campbell’s potential and we have seen glimpses of it. Dulin is nice, but I don’t see his potential as anything more than Chester Rogers.

Chester Rodgers has produced more than Cambell, because he shows up.

apballin
12-30-2021, 08:56 PM
Chester Rodgers has produced more than Cambell, because he shows up.

Doesn’t matter if he only plays 1 quarter, defenses have to respect Campbells speed which only opens up yards for JT or pittman

No one fears Chester Rodgers

JAFF
12-30-2021, 10:41 PM
Doesn’t matter if he only plays 1 quarter, defenses have to respect Campbells speed which only opens up yards for JT or pittman

No one fears Chester Rodgers

Other teams dont spend time preparing for Cambell. I have respect for Don Hudson, but neither he or Cambell will keep the Raiders up at night.

Rodgers and Dulin have shown they have the most important ability, AVAILABITY..

Oldcolt
12-30-2021, 11:33 PM
Campbell was drafted in the second round for a reason and Dulin was a free agent for a reason. Campbell has a much higher upside. To go deep into the playoffs sometimes you have to strike lightning in a bottle. I'm rooting for that. Plus I believe in luck and the way the COVID story is breaking for us, with Campbell coming back just as playoffs begin it seems obvious to me that Campbell is destined to play a significant role in our march to Super Bowl victory.

JAFF
12-31-2021, 07:27 AM
Campbell was drafted in the second round for a reason and Dulin was a free agent for a reason. Campbell has a much higher upside. To go deep into the playoffs sometimes you have to strike lightning in a bottle. I'm rooting for that. Plus I believe in luck and the way the COVID story is breaking for us, with Campbell coming back just as playoffs begin it seems obvious to me that Campbell is destined to play a significant role in our march to Super Bowl victory.

Campbell career stats

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CampPa00.htm

Dulins stats

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DuliAs00.htm

Campbell in three years has been matched by Dullin in one year.

Racehorse
12-31-2021, 10:14 AM
Campbell career stats

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CampPa00.htm

Dulins stats

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DuliAs00.htm

Campbell in three years has been matched by Dullin in one year.

How does he have 41 games played in just one year?

Oldcolt
12-31-2021, 11:41 AM
I'm rooting for Campbell to get back and have an impact. I'm rooting for Dulin to do the exact same thing (continue to have an impact). That seems to bother you JAFF. If you want to say that Dulin has meant more to this team so far I agree. So what? Why on earth would that make me not want to root for and hope Campbell can shake his injuries and show why Ballard made him a second round draft choice? He's coming back and I'm hoping he does some damage and actually believe he will. What the hell is there to argue?

Colts And Orioles
12-31-2021, 11:59 AM
o

According to the author of this article, Colts fans believe in this team ......

Colts Fan Confidence Remains High as Playoff Picture Comes into Focus

(By Brett Mock)

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2021/12/31/22861250/colts-fan-confidence-remains-high-as-playoff-picture-comes-into-focus

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/nwitimes.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/2/a8/2a8560b7-27b0-52d3-a4a9-7ea0d371ede9/5aef7022266ed.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C800

o

omahacolt
01-02-2022, 03:46 AM
How does he have 41 games played in just one year?

That’s how good he has been.

omahacolt
01-02-2022, 03:48 AM
Colts aren’t winning the super bowl.

As referenced the lack of pass rush is probably too much to overcome in the playoffs.

And Campbell has nobody worried. The dude is talented but isn’t reliable

Racehorse
01-02-2022, 10:07 AM
I'm rooting for Campbell to get back and have an impact. I'm rooting for Dulin to do the exact same thing (continue to have an impact). That seems to bother you JAFF. If you want to say that Dulin has meant more to this team so far I agree. So what? Why on earth would that make me not want to root for and hope Campbell can shake his injuries and show why Ballard made him a second round draft choice? He's coming back and I'm hoping he does some damage and actually believe he will. What the hell is there to argue?

It's Jaff. He doesn't root for Colts. He roots for only certain players.

JAFF
01-02-2022, 12:45 PM
It's Jaff. He doesn't root for Colts. He roots for only certain players.

Really? Wow, I didnt know the was some kind of test

Oldcolt
01-02-2022, 12:54 PM
Colts aren’t winning the super bowl.

As referenced the lack of pass rush is probably too much to overcome in the playoffs.

And Campbell has nobody worried. The dude is talented but isn’t reliable

Agree about the pass rush, although I am beginning to think that the other parts of the defense are coming together in such a way that we still may have a chance.

Players are unreliable until they are not. You are most likely correct about Campbell but talent is talent and I'm going to continue to hope that his bad luck has ended.

JAFF
01-02-2022, 01:18 PM

Im not rooting against Campbell. I a realist. Past is prolog. Campbell plays 16 games I will be ecstatic, and cheer for him.

He’s got to show up, before any of that happens. I love the NFL because it is merit based on the present season. MLB guys hang around for years, on fat contracts. Right now Dulin is producing, on offense and special teams.

Racehorse
01-02-2022, 01:33 PM
Really? Wow, I didnt know the was some kind of test

Pay attention in class from now on, and you will know what is on the test.

Oldcolt
01-02-2022, 01:39 PM
Im not rooting against Campbell. I a realist. Past is prolog. Campbell plays 16 games I will be ecstatic, and cheer for him.

He’s got to show up, before any of that happens. I love the NFL because it is merit based on the present season. MLB guys hang around for years, on fat contracts. Right now Dulin is producing, on offense and special teams.

I think we agree on this JAFF. We just put emphasis on different parts of his story. Personally, I just want 5 straight games out of the guy.

apballin
01-02-2022, 01:56 PM
I think we agree on this JAFF. We just put emphasis on different parts of his story. Personally, I just want 5 straight games out of the guy.

Yep, all on the superbowl run

JAFF
01-02-2022, 02:11 PM
Pay attention in class from now on, and you will know what is on the test.

Let me know when you find some one qualified to give it

Colts And Orioles
01-04-2022, 11:47 AM
o

Prior to the start of the season, I predicted that the Colts would play the Patriots in the 2021 AFC championship game.

o

1) ) The Colts will play the Patriots in the AFC Championship game.

2) ) If Number 1 comes to fruition, nothing else matters, does it ???

3) ) See Number 2.

o

While I won't go so far as Puck and assert that the Colts will win the Super Bowl, I am still on-board with the Colts reaching the AFC championship game ...... and I'll stay there until they either fail to make the post-season by losing to the Jaguars or (if and when) they lose in the Wild-card round or the Divisional round of the playoffs.

o

CletusPyle
01-04-2022, 01:43 PM
If the Colts would have beaten the Raiders....their Super Bowl run would have required 9 wins in a row....now they just need to get 5. Just trying to sugar coat a difficult loss, but 9 wins in row would have been a tall order!

DragonTails
01-04-2022, 02:09 PM
Just trying to sugar coat a difficult loss

If you are worried about a sugar coat on another difficult loss, you can throw away a mere $68 to win $500 on the Jax moneyline.

The last win there was 2014.

Like I said in another post, they need to kill their spirit early.

Racehorse
01-04-2022, 04:32 PM
Let me know when you find some one qualified to give it

I am more than qualified.

CletusPyle
01-04-2022, 06:16 PM
If you are worried about a sugar coat on another difficult loss, you can throw away a mere $68 to win $500 on the Jax moneyline.

The last win there was 2014.

Like I said in another post, they need to kill their spirit early.

I'd just be throwing away $68 bucks....no way the Colts lose in Jacksonville!

Dam8610
01-04-2022, 06:24 PM

But will they win by 16?

Drewtone
01-04-2022, 06:29 PM
If the Colts would have beaten the Raiders....their Super Bowl run would have required 9 wins in a row....now they just need to get 5. Just trying to sugar coat a difficult loss, but 9 wins in row would have been a tall order!

How late during the Superbowl was the Jags "375 game"???

CletusPyle
01-04-2022, 06:46 PM
But will they win by 16?

That is a good question....because I believe the Colts will have a comfortable lead and pull most of their starters. But those Vegas guys are seldom very far off, I still wouldn't risk it, I'm thinking the Colts win by 3 TDs!

CletusPyle
01-04-2022, 06:55 PM
How late during the Superbowl was the Jags "375 game"???

They lost 2 of their last 4 games in 2006, that game with Jax, and then the next to last game to the Texans. So they only had to go on a 5 game run to win the Super bowl!

apballin
01-04-2022, 07:12 PM
So I work with a lot of Bengals fans and I asked them who do they wanna play?

Colts, Patriots, chargers

Reluctantly they all agreed Colts, thinking it would piss me off which it did but that’s cool

Then they asked me

Bengals, Chiefs, or Bills

I said Bengals because I’d love a home playoff game and I told them if it happens it will be a Sea of Blue in the jungle because Colts fans are coming mfers!!!!!

DragonTails
01-04-2022, 07:14 PM

Like the last 6* years?

*includes 1 in London

CletusPyle
01-04-2022, 07:42 PM
Like the last 6* years?

*includes 1 in London

7 is our lucky number!:D

Colts And Orioles
01-04-2022, 11:11 PM
7 is our lucky number !!! ) :D

o

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a9/99/06/a999069a6a1d350295ca4ec6f03579fb.jpg

o

Puck
01-05-2022, 02:15 AM
Still gonna win it all.

Racehorse
01-05-2022, 07:29 AM
So I work with a lot of Bengals fans and I asked them who do they wanna play?

Colts, Patriots, chargers

Reluctantly they all agreed Colts, thinking it would piss me off which it did but that’s cool

Then they asked me

Bengals, Chiefs, or Bills

I said Bengals because I’d love a home playoff game and I told them if it happens it will be a Sea of Blue in the jungle because Colts fans are coming mfers!!!!!
Wait! So, you are telling me that not only do Bengals fans exist, but there are a lot of them?

Oldcolt
01-05-2022, 10:39 AM
Still gonna win it all.

Gonna be tough with this pass rush and wide receiver group. Plus Wentz gives zero confidence. Next year.

apballin
01-05-2022, 01:25 PM
Wait! So, you are telling me that not only do Bengals fans exist, but there are a lot of them?

Yes in the batesville area they’re” local team” is the Bengals

Puck
01-06-2022, 10:53 PM
Colts VS Rams. SB.

Colts And Orioles
01-12-2022, 12:22 PM
o

Prior to the start of the season, I predicted that the Colts would play the Patriots in the 2021 AFC championship game.

While I won't go so far as Puck and assert that the Colts will win the Super Bowl, I am still on-board with the Colts reaching the AFC championship game......and I'll stay there until they either fail to make the post-season by losing to the Jaguars or (if and when) they lose in the Wild-card round or the Divisional round of the playoffs.

o
o

The Colts lost to the Jaguars, and were eliminated from playoff contention when the Steelers-Ravens game didn't end up in a tie or a Ravens win.

Next time, just shut up and watch the games.

o