PDA

View Full Version : We should expect 200 passes Saturday!

ChoppedWood
12-14-2021, 12:13 PM
Frank already laying the ground for having to be the counter puncher vs the scary Mike Tyson frothing at the mouth on the opposite sideline. Belicheat is already owning Frank's thoughts and you can just read the words below and see him peeling back the blinds and chewing his nails. Game day is likely to be a disorganized mess of "let's try this triple reverse TY throw back to Carson play we practiced once in the last 3 months, that will work better than running JT for sure".

“Well, I think there are two thoughts there. One is his efficiency, some of that comes with just pure carries – if you get it to him enough he’s going to create big plays. But at the same time we don’t want him to pound his head up against a wall play in and play out,” Reich said. “Again, that goes back to that mix of how much is too much or how much isn’t enough and that’s a game-by-game, really series-by-series feel.”

rm1369
12-14-2021, 12:55 PM
I figured you’d at least wait for the first pass of the game to start freaking out about not running JT 40+ times. Guess I underestimated you.

Mr. Session
12-14-2021, 01:03 PM
Just breathe the shit out, man.

I completely understand. This, to me, is the most meaningful game for the franchise in a long time.

A whole lot of things will be confirmed for better or worse come Saturday.

Chromeburn
12-14-2021, 01:23 PM
As for our defense.

Okereke has said they are focusing on the run and will try to force Mac Jones to beat them. Expect lots of TE passes.

ChoppedWood
12-14-2021, 03:22 PM
As for our defense.

Okereke has said they are focusing on the run and will try to force Mac Jones to beat them. Expect lots of TE passes.

If we sit back in that crap zone and let him be comfortable... oh if we do...

ukcolt
12-14-2021, 05:33 PM
I would like to see us try to run the ball to set up the passing game. I then want to see us blitz a lot to try to rattle Jones, he is not Brady! Need to be playing tight man coverage to stop the crossing routes. If we get beat deep then congratulations to Mac Jones, this is not his strength, nor would i say that the Patriots WR's are all that great either.

Puck
12-14-2021, 06:27 PM
I would like to see us try to run the ball to set up the passing game. I then want to see us blitz a lot to try to rattle Jones, he is not Brady! Need to be playing tight man coverage to stop the crossing routes. If we get beat deep then congratulations to Mac Jones, this is not his strength, nor would i say that the Patriots WR's are all that great either.

Mac Jones only has 80 less passing yards than Wentz this season and a 70% completion. I think they can pass the ball if needed

ukcolt
12-15-2021, 06:14 AM
Indeed, Jones has been efficient, but his general makeup is not that he is a great deep passer, so force him to make quick decisions with man to man coverage. He will kill us if we decide to continually play zone coverage, this is where he excels. We will give up play after play after play, around or between the hash marks about 7 to 8 yards deep, if we play mostly zone coverage. Need to force the receivers off of their timing routes and make throws into tight coverage. If they beat us with the big play over the top, then fair play to them.

Oldcolt
12-15-2021, 10:58 AM
Physically dominate them on the lines. I don't care about pass/run ratio. I care that when we want to run the ball and eat up clock we can. And they cannot.

HoosierinFL
12-15-2021, 11:09 AM
Physically dominate them on the lines. I don't care about pass/run ratio. I care that when we want to run the ball and eat up clock we can. And they cannot.

So much this. I want to see an offense that can impose its will on the defense, not one that reacts to what the defense does, which then lets the defense dictate the flow and play-calling.

Dam8610
12-15-2021, 11:10 AM
Indeed, Jones has been efficient, but his general makeup is not that he is a great deep passer, so force him to make quick decisions with man to man coverage. He will kill us if we decide to continually play zone coverage, this is where he excels. We will give up play after play after play, around or between the hash marks about 7 to 8 yards deep, if we play mostly zone coverage. Need to force the receivers off of their timing routes and make throws into tight coverage. If they beat us with the big play over the top, then fair play to them.

Playing man against Mac Jones is a great way to get burned deep consistently on outside throws.

rm1369
12-15-2021, 11:40 AM
So much this. I want to see an offense that can impose its will on the defense, not one that reacts to what the defense does, which then lets the defense dictate the flow and play-calling.

There is not a team in the league that doesn’t want to be so good at something nobody can stop it. It’s just not realistic every week.

If you want a team that will keep banging away even when it’s not working to the point they eventually wear the other team down you need a defense that is equally as good and keeps you from being in a huge hole by the time you finally “win” the battle of wills. That isn’t this team.

I’m routinely amazed at the constant complaints about one of the best offenses in the league. The only other thing I’ll say is that the best coach in NFL history disagrees with you.

albany ed
12-15-2021, 01:24 PM
Only Mixon has run the ball more times than JT. 245 to 241.

Drewtone
12-15-2021, 02:08 PM
As for our defense.
Expect lots of TE passes.

Lol, Dude I ALWAYS expect a lot of TE passes against this defense!!!!

:eek:

Oldcolt
12-15-2021, 03:16 PM
Kevin Brown had this comment in 'The Fan' that I thought was excellent:

A huge philosophical debate for Frank Reich this week is how long do you stay with your strength if Bill Belichick takes that away? Carson Wentz talked on Tuesday about the feeling out process you get early in games with the Patriots. There’s a fine balance with that and sticking to your scripted game plan, which is an area the Colts have routinely turned into points. Will the Patriots be able to limit Jonathan Taylor, despite having a rather middle of the pack run defense? If so, how will the Colts passing offense handle things? On paper, the Colts top-ranked rushing offense should be able to move it against he Patriots.

ukcolt
12-16-2021, 09:25 AM
Not disagreeing, just feel this is what will make things the hardest for the Patriots. Leave the middle of the field open and they WILL kill this defense, it won't be a case of they might.

IndyNorm
12-16-2021, 10:22 PM
If we sit back in that crap zone and let him be comfortable... oh if we do...

Guess what's going to happen.......:(

Chromeburn
12-17-2021, 10:48 PM
I expect the defense to be pretty motivated for this one.

Chromeburn
12-17-2021, 10:49 PM
Kevin Brown had this comment in 'The Fan' that I thought was excellent:

A huge philosophical debate for Frank Reich this week is how long do you stay with your strength if Bill Belichick takes that away? Carson Wentz talked on Tuesday about the feeling out process you get early in games with the Patriots. There’s a fine balance with that and sticking to your scripted game plan, which is an area the Colts have routinely turned into points. Will the Patriots be able to limit Jonathan Taylor, despite having a rather middle of the pack run defense? If so, how will the Colts passing offense handle things? On paper, the Colts top-ranked rushing offense should be able to move it against he Patriots.

They were saying that the pats plan to let Taylor get his yards then tighten up in the endzone and make Wentz throw for the touchdowns. That Belichick thinks he can get Wentz to press and make mistakes in the endzone.

Oldcolt
12-17-2021, 11:47 PM
They were saying that the pats plan to let Taylor get his yards then tighten up in the endzone and make Wentz throw for the touchdowns. That Belichick thinks he can get Wentz to press and make mistakes in the endzone.

How do they plan to make sure that Taylor stops when he gets into the red zone and doesn't take it all the way? Good luck with that.

Puck
12-19-2021, 07:02 PM
Frank already laying the ground for having to be the counter puncher vs the scary Mike Tyson frothing at the mouth on the opposite sideline. Belicheat is already owning Frank's thoughts and you can just read the words below and see him peeling back the blinds and chewing his nails. Game day is likely to be a disorganized mess of "let's try this triple reverse TY throw back to Carson play we practiced once in the last 3 months, that will work better than running JT for sure".

“Well, I think there are two thoughts there. One is his efficiency, some of that comes with just pure carries – if you get it to him enough he’s going to create big plays. But at the same time we don’t want him to pound his head up against a wall play in and play out,” Reich said. “Again, that goes back to that mix of how much is too much or how much isn’t enough and that’s a game-by-game, really series-by-series feel.”

This post didn't age very well

ChoppedWood
12-19-2021, 07:28 PM
This post didn't age very well

Thankfully!

Coltsalr
12-21-2021, 09:26 AM
How do they plan to make sure that Taylor stops when he gets into the red zone and doesn't take it all the way? Good luck with that.

Haha, well, funny story about that…