PDA

View Full Version : I hate bye week…

rcubed
12-11-2021, 01:19 AM
What are you guys doing instead of watching colts football? I will watch my daughter’s soccer and think I will make some ribs.

Puck
12-11-2021, 01:46 AM
Drinking.beer. What else would you do ?

Colts And Orioles
12-11-2021, 10:20 AM
o

For me, the bye week is a necessary evil ...... I don't like it, but I know that the Colts' players need it.

If the Jaguars manage to upset the Derrick Henry-less Titans on Sunday, I will be almost as thrilled about that as I am about a Colts victory when they play their games.

o

apballin
12-11-2021, 10:33 AM
I’ll sit around Sunday morning and put together the biggest Hail Mary of a parlay and when it’s blew up by halftime I’ll put in another on 4 o clock games

Just not the same when it’s not the Colts

apballin
12-11-2021, 10:36 AM
What are you guys doing instead of watching colts football? I will watch my daughter’s soccer and think I will make some ribs.

How you cook yours? Charcoal, gas, or smoker?

rcubed
12-11-2021, 11:04 AM
In the oven. Been thinking of getting a pellet grill/smoker though. What about you?

Chromeburn
12-11-2021, 01:00 PM
Beach day

Puck
12-11-2021, 01:06 PM
In the oven. Been thinking of getting a pellet grill/smoker though. What about you?

Get a Traeger

apballin
12-11-2021, 02:34 PM

I prefer to grill mine, Charcoal and wood combo.. slow and low for about 3-4 hours finish em up wrapped in foil with brown sugar for another 30min to an hour usually comes out good

Spike
12-11-2021, 03:10 PM
Drinking.beer. What else would you do ?

Drinking beer, wine and hard liquor. Plus me and a few of my buddies will be walking around the mall with "LETS GO BRANDON" signs.

I'll be watching games that affect our Colts. The Vikings already did us a favor by beating the fat rapist.

Rooting like hell for the Jags, 49ers, Chiefs, Bucs and Giants. I guess I will have to root for the Ravens over the Browns.

According to this prediction site the Colts have a 63% chance of making the playoffs. But if the unlikely happens and all the teams I'm rooting for wins, our odds go way up from this. I really believe we will finish the season winning 3 out of our last 4 games. Beating the Pats, Raiders, and Jackoffs. The Cards scare the piss out of me though, Kyler Murray is a beast, but then again so is JT and I don't think the Cards can stop him. If the Colts win out, they are in the playoffs. After the horrendous start the Colts had, this is fucking crazy!

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2021-nfl-predictions/

Dewey 5
12-11-2021, 09:32 PM
o

For me, the bye week is a necessary evil ...... I don't like it, but I know that the Colts' players need it.

If the Jaguars manage to upset the Derrick Henry-less Titans on Sunday, I will be almost as thrilled about that as I am about a Colts victory when they play their games.

o

I think they Jags already quit on the piece of shit Urban Meyer

YDFL Commish
12-11-2021, 09:43 PM
Get a Traeger

I beg to differ..checkout Gorilla Grills. The best pellet smoker on the market for the money. If anybody wants my killer rib recipe pm me.

Chromeburn
12-12-2021, 03:15 AM
I think they Jags already quit on the piece of shit Urban Meyer

I got in an argument with a Jags fan in the off-season about Meyer. Saying it was a mistake and not the coach for a rookie QB bd Meyer is all about Meyer. But he was convinced Urban was the answer and not some NFL retread.

What a shit show that thing is now.

daedge
12-12-2021, 03:54 AM
I'll be up early Monday morning here to tune into NFL Redzone. Can't get enough of football.

IndyNorm
12-12-2021, 08:54 AM
I got in an argument with a Jags fan in the off-season about Meyer. Saying it was a mistake and not the coach for a rookie QB bd Meyer is all about Meyer. But he was convinced Urban was the answer and not some NFL retread.

What a shit show that thing is now.

Hopefully they're still a shit show come week 18 since they came close to beating us at home a couple of weeks ago.

Spike
12-12-2021, 09:13 AM
Hopefully they're still a shit show come week 18 since they came close to beating us at home a couple of weeks ago.

If the Colts lose to the Jags, they don't fucking deserve to be in the playoffs. It's not about the Jackoffs being a shit show, it's about the Colts taking care of business because they are better than the Jags.

IndyNorm
12-12-2021, 10:43 AM
If the Colts lose to the Jags, they don't fucking deserve to be in the playoffs. It's not about the Jackoffs being a shit show, it's about the Colts taking care of business because they are better than the Jags.

I don't disagree with that, but we always play like shit @ Jax (week 1 last season is a prime example). And squeaking by them at home shouldn't give us much confidence that it'll change this year.

omahacolt
12-12-2021, 11:49 AM
Drinking beer, wine and hard liquor. Plus me and a few of my buddies will be walking around the mall with "LETS GO BRANDON" signs.

I'll be watching games that affect our Colts. The Vikings already did us a favor by beating the fat rapist.

Rooting like hell for the Jags, 49ers, Chiefs, Bucs and Giants. I guess I will have to root for the Ravens over the Browns.

According to this prediction site the Colts have a 63% chance of making the playoffs. But if the unlikely happens and all the teams I'm rooting for wins, our odds go way up from this. I really believe we will finish the season winning 3 out of our last 4 games. Beating the Pats, Raiders, and Jackoffs. The Cards scare the piss out of me though, Kyler Murray is a beast, but then again so is JT and I don't think the Cards can stop him. If the Colts win out, they are in the playoffs. After the horrendous start the Colts had, this is fucking crazy!

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2021-nfl-predictions/

if only trump was succussful at his attempt to overthrow the government, you and your friends would have a sunday free. that is the real tragedy here

TheMugwump
12-12-2021, 01:49 PM
if only trump was succussful at his attempt to overthrow the government, you and your friends would have a sunday free. that is the real tragedy here

I don't think the goal of the "LGB" chants is to overthrow the government, but rather to "own the Libs", whatever the hell that is supposed to mean.

I guess if walking around with a sign and chanting your catchphrase can give you a woody, more power to you. It helps the rest of us know who to avoid anyway.

nate505
12-12-2021, 03:17 PM
I get having a bye week. It's just stupid as fuck it's so late in the season.

Spike
12-12-2021, 04:19 PM

It was just a fucking joke, I despise pretty much all politicians. You all need to lighten up a little bit.

omahacolt
12-12-2021, 04:51 PM
It was just a fucking joke, I despise pretty much all politicians. You all need to lighten up a little bit.

so was i buddy.

Oldcolt
12-12-2021, 06:56 PM
Now there is a political stance I can get behind. Despise all politicians.

apballin
12-12-2021, 08:24 PM
Be crazy if we end up in the 6 spot with 4 games to go after the shit start we had

Colts And Orioles
12-12-2021, 08:54 PM
Now there is a political stance I can get behind ...... despise all politicians.

o

Now there’s one thing you might have noticed I don’t complain about ...... politicians. Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they suck. Well where do people think these politicians come from ??? They don’t fall out of the sky. They don’t pass through a membrane from “another reality.” They come from American parents, and American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businesses, and American universities, and they’re elected by American citizens. This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer. It’s what our system produces ...... garbage in, garbage out. If you have selfish ignorant citizens, you’re going to get selfish ignorant leaders. And term-limits ain’t going to do you any good, because you’re just going to wind up with a brand-new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So maybe …... maybe ...... MAYBE, it’s not the politicians who suck. Maybe something else sucks around here like ...... “THE PUBLIC.” Yeah, the public sucks. There’s a nice campaign slogan for somebody ...... “The public sucks, fuck hope.” Fuck hope. Because if it’s really just the fault of these politicians, then where are all the other bright people of conscience ??? Where are all the bright, honest, intelligent Americans ready to step in and save the nation and lead the way ??? We don’t have people like that in this country. Everybody’s at the mall scratching his ass, picking his nose, taking out his credit card out of a fannie-pack, and buying a pair of sneakers with lights in them. So I have solved this little political dilemma for myself in a very simple way ...... on election-day, I-STAY-HOME. I don’t vote. Fuck ’em. FUCK THEM. I don’t vote. Two reasons. Two reasons I don’t vote ...... first of all, it’s meaningless. This country was bought and sold and paid for a long time ago. The shit they shuffle around every four years doesn’t mean a fuckin’ thing. And secondly, I don’t vote ’cause I believe that if you vote, you have no right to complain. People like to twist that around. I know, they say, “Well if you don’t vote you have no right to complain.” But where’s the logic in that ??? If you vote, and you elect dishonest, incompetent people, and they get into office and screw everything up, well you are responsible for what they have done, YOU caused the problem, you voted them in, you have no right to complain ...... I, on the other hand, who did not vote, WHO DID NOT VOTE. Who in fact, did not even leave the house on election-day, am in no way responsible for what these people have done, and have every right to complain as loud as I want, about the mess that YOU created, that I had nothing to do with. So I know that a little later on this year, you’re going to have another one of those really swell presidential elections that you like so much. You'll enjoy yourselves, and it will be a lot of fun. I’m sure as soon as the election is over, your country will “improve” immediately. As for me, I’ll be home on that day, doing essentially the same thing as you, the only difference is, when I get finished masturbating, I’m going to have a little something to show for it folks.

George Carlin, 1996

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIraCchPDhk

o

Thorgrim
12-12-2021, 08:55 PM
Be crazy if we end up in the 6 spot with 4 games to go after the shit start we had

We got a heck of a lot of help today. Nice to see things go our way for a change!

Oldcolt
12-12-2021, 09:10 PM
C&O Look at history, which you love, my friend. Politicians as a class have done more harm to humanity, killed and enslaved more people than any other group of people. They suck as a class of people. Always have.

Colts And Orioles
12-12-2021, 09:15 PM
C&O ...... look at history, which you love, my friend. Politicians as a class have done more harm to humanity, killed and enslaved more people than any other group of people. They suck as a class of people. Always have.

o

The politicians are not the problem, and that was George's point. The politicians are just a facade who represent the wealthy owners/capitalists who have killed and enslaved billions of people throughout the history of humanity. The politicians are just there to give you the illusion that you have some say about the way things are run ........ which you don't.

Emma Goldman once said that if voting changed anything, they would make it illegal ...... and I happen to agree with her and Mr. Carlin on this.

o

Oldcolt
12-12-2021, 11:55 PM
One cannot exist without the other. And you make my point, the politicians are just a facade? Not true (Stalin was no facade) but if it was then like I said, screw every facadeish one of them. They suck either way.

Colts And Orioles
12-13-2021, 12:53 AM
One cannot exist without the other. And you make my point, the politicians are just a facade? Not true (Stalin was no facade) but if it was then like I said, screw every facadeish one of them. They suck either way.

o

I didn't make your point, I contradicted it. Hitler and Stalin were not the causes of what happened in Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union at the time. What occurred there was not because one one individual, but rather the mass of the system/society. The same is true everywhere, throughout history ...... individual "bastards/psychopaths" are not what produces the societies in which they rule, they are a product of their societies.

Turning one's anger/rage toward politicians (whether it be one individual politician or a group of them) is precisely what people like George Carlin and Emma Goldman point out is part of what allows it all to continue happening, and it has been going on since the beginning of time.

However, if you think otherwise, then we're just going to have to disagree on this.

o

Butter
12-13-2021, 01:42 AM

Have you ever stopped to think about how we can have governance without politicians? Shit have you ever thought?

Racehorse
12-13-2021, 07:18 AM
o

I didn't make your point, I contradicted it. Hitler and Stalin were not the causes of what happened in Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union at the time. What occurred there was not because one one individual, but rather the mass of the system/society. The same is true everywhere, throughout history ...... individual "bastards/psychopaths" are not what produces the societies in which they rule, they are a product of their societies.

Turning one's anger/rage toward politicians (whether it be one individual politician or a group of them) is precisely what people like George Carlin and Emma Goldman point out is part of what allows it all to continue happening, and it has been going on since the beginning of time.

However, if you think otherwise, then we're just going to have to disagree on this.

o
Given the past few presidents, we should be very concerned about out society.

HoosierinFL
12-13-2021, 09:11 AM
Have you ever stopped to think about how we can have governance without politicians? Shit have you ever thought?

direct participatory democracy, aka anarcho-syndicalism or anarcho-communism, is a thing.

Oldcolt
12-13-2021, 10:25 AM

Hey fucktard. I never said that we do not need politicians, just that they have been pieces of shit, necessary pieces of shit but still pieces of shit. You know, like moderators.

Chromeburn
12-13-2021, 12:27 PM
direct participatory democracy, aka anarcho-syndicalism or anarcho-communism, is a thing.

We might get there eventually. Policy questions with vote response requests sent directly to our phone/device.

But we will still need bureaucrats, negotiators, etc to deal with other heads of state.

There are good politicians as well, they just often get drowned out or washed out by the system.

rcubed
12-13-2021, 02:29 PM
o

Hitler and Stalin ...
o

love how threads go from swapping bbq recipes to hitler in a matter of a few posts!

Colts And Orioles
12-13-2021, 02:50 PM
I love how threads go from swapping BBQ recipes to Hitler in a matter of a few posts !!!

o

That will happen when you have windbags like myself chiming in with my rat's ass of an opinion on almost everything.

o

Oldcolt
12-13-2021, 02:51 PM
Apologize for this non football stuff. My last post on this. C&O, my point was not that politicians are responsible for all the ills in the world. My point were they are part of the problem and are assholes. My whole point is that the likes of Stalin etc were shitheads. You are arguing with me about things I agree with you on. Doesn't matter anyway, just my opinion which is meaningless in the big picture. I have no rage, just an opinion of another brother windbag.

BCN#1
12-13-2021, 03:35 PM
love how threads go from swapping bbq recipes to hitler in a matter of a few posts!

Key-Rist-Ona-Crutch! Now throw in copious amounts of Trump ball washing and I woulda thunk I clicked on Crancky Colts before it imploded! There seems to be no escaping it.

:eek::D

Lov2fish
12-13-2021, 03:44 PM
Key-Rist-Ona-Crutch! Now throw in copious amounts of Trump ball washing and I woulda thunk I clicked on Crancky Colts before it imploded! There seems to be no escaping it.

:eek::D

What about if you hate Trump, Biden and every fucking douchebag puppet the establishment has installed the last 6 decades? Hell the last real conservative president the last 30 years was a fucking democrat (Clinton) he very much governed as a conservative leaning centrist.

rcubed
12-13-2021, 03:49 PM
actually I find the chaos amusing...

Puck
12-13-2021, 05:22 PM
I beg to differ..checkout Gorilla Grills. The best pellet smoker on the market for the money. If anybody wants my killer rib recipe pm me.

1st glad you like it and it works for you so no knocking it.

I had a chance to take a look at them they must be new because it is not ranked in any of the top pellet grill review.

But the Traeger is the Highest rated grill I researched on most sites. Camp Chef gets in there some too.

I'll continue to swear by my traeger. I also have a Weber Kettle and a weber gas and a flat top from Sams Club.

I use the traeger the most followed by the flat top for smash burgers, stir fry and breakfast

Everyone likes what they like. So yea keep grillin!

YDFL Commish
12-13-2021, 07:25 PM
1st glad you like it and it works for you so no knocking it.

I had a chance to take a look at them they must be new because it is not ranked in any of the top pellet grill review.

But the Traeger is the Highest rated grill I researched on most sites. Camp Chef gets in there some too.

I'll continue to swear by my traeger. I also have a Weber Kettle and a weber gas and a flat top from Sams Club.

I use the traeger the most followed by the flat top for smash burgers, stir fry and breakfast

Everyone likes what they like. So yea keep grillin!

By a Traeger and no doubt you will get a good smoker. But my point is, that you are paying a premium for limited features.

Camp Chef is also a worthy consideration.

JAFF
12-13-2021, 07:32 PM
Ive got a son in law who is a grill/smoke/bbq guy. Ive got it made, I buy him pellets, sauce, wood chips, sit and drink while I watch him do his thing. He even finds me fun new booze. Indiana straight rye whisky, under $40.

This is win win for me.