PDA

View Full Version : Making the playoffs is easy if…

Kray007
12-08-2021, 10:32 PM
The Colts quit shooting themselves in the foot. It’s not like good teams are coming onto the field and kicking butt. In fact, for most of the game, if anybody is kicking butt, it’s the Colts. Then, game after game, Rod Serling suits up at halftime.

So, what the Colts have to do is simple.

Carson Wentz has to stop throwing shovel passes to the nearest defender.
They have to avoid the strip sack in the red zone.
DB’s have to hold onto the ball after the int.
Receivers can’t cough up the ball after 10 yard gains.
No blocked FG’s
Or punts.
No missed chip shot FG’s.

In other words, stop the dumb stuff, and we might still be playing in February.

HoosierinFL
12-08-2021, 10:55 PM
These are all just isolated mistakes.
Bigger issues would be predictable or cute playcalling that results in failure to sustain drives - not even scores, but just sustaining drives.
A mere 2 extra 1st downs in that Baltimore game could have won it. A first down can take 2 minutes off the game block (depends on various and random stoppages of course). Shorten that game and they don't come back all the way.

albany ed
12-09-2021, 07:20 AM
Stop the dumb stuff. Easier said than done. Just ask Carson Palmer.

ChaosTheory
12-09-2021, 10:18 AM
Stop the dumb stuff. Easier said than done. Just ask Carson Palmer.

He can do it. He just needs Quentin Jammer and the rest of the OL to give him time.

HoosierinFL
12-10-2021, 01:23 AM
Steelers losing sure helped. Good god they looked bad

Colts And Orioles
12-15-2021, 03:37 PM
o

If the Colts beat the Patriots (a HUGE "if"), they very well could run the table to finish at 11-6 overall.

If they do, believe it or not, they could wind up with the #1 overall seed in the AFC ...... the Titans are currently Derrick Henry-less, and the Chiefs have a tough schedule ahead of them with games against the Chargers, the Steelers, the Bengals, and the Broncos.

At best, I see us getting the #2 seed because I think that the Patriots will win their 3 remaining games after they play us. Even with a loss to the Colts on Saturday night, that would leave them with a 12-5 overall record.

At worst, the Colts will lose to the Patriots on Saturday night to fall to 7-7 ...... which will leave only the most optimistic of Horseshoe Homers (such as myself) still believing in this team.

o

JAFF
12-15-2021, 08:11 PM
Law of accumulation = a lot of little things add up

apballin
12-15-2021, 09:25 PM
o

If the Colts beat the Patriots (a HUGE "if"), they very well could run the table to finish at 11-6 overall.

If they do, believe it or not, they could wind up with the #1 overall seed in the AFC ...... the Titans are currently Derrick Henry-less, and the Chiefs have a tough schedule ahead of them with games against the Chargers, the Steelers, the Bengals, and the Broncos.

At best, I see us getting the #2 seed because I think that the Patriots will win their 3 remaining games after they play us. Even with a loss to the Colts on Saturday night, that would leave them with a 12-5 overall record.

At worst, the Colts will lose to the Patriots on Saturday night to fall to 7-7 ...... which will leave only the most optimistic of Horseshoe Homers (such as myself) still believing in this team.

o

No, the bills will beat the Patriots next time they play

Colts And Orioles
12-20-2021, 03:49 PM
The Colts quit shooting themselves in the foot. It’s not like good teams are coming onto the field and kicking butt. In fact, for most of the game, if anybody is kicking butt, it’s the Colts. Then, game after game, Rod Serling suits up at halftime.

So, what the Colts have to do is simple ......

Carson Palmer has to stop throwing shovel passes to the nearest defender.
They have to avoid the strip sack in the red zone.
DB’s have to hold onto the ball after the int.
Receivers can’t cough up the ball after 10 yard gains.
No blocked FG’s
Or punts.
No missed chip shot FG’s.

In other words, stop the dumb stuff, and we might still be playing in February.

o

I think that the Colts will make the playoffs, but it hasn't been easy, and it won't be easy.

It never is easy after you start the season with a record of 1-4 ...... although this team managed to do it, 46 years ago.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DyhRZArX0AAGKY6?format=jpg&name=small

o

TheMugwump
12-20-2021, 05:53 PM
o

I think that the Colts will make the playoffs, but it hasn't been easy, and it won't be easy.

It never is easy after you start the season with a record of 1-4 ...... although this team managed to do it, 46 years ago.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DyhRZArX0AAGKY6?format=jpg&name=small

o

I think I've mentioned this before, but that is my favorite Colts' team ever, right there. I was a (super young) fan of the team the prior two years, but that year, when they caught fire, I cut out the box score and taped it to my wall every week, and followed them with a near religious fervor.

On a not unrelated note, this was the year I began to hate the Steelers with, again, and near religious fervor.

Spike
12-20-2021, 06:24 PM
I think I've mentioned this before, but that is my favorite Colts' team ever, right there. I was a (super young) fan of the team the prior two years, but that year, when they caught fire, I cut out the box score and taped it to my wall every week, and followed them with a near religious fervor.

On a not unrelated note, this was the year I began to hate the Steelers with, again, and near religious fervor.

I'm with you C&O, I hate the Steelers with a passion.

Colts And Orioles
12-21-2021, 01:08 AM

o

It was also Jim Irsay's favorite Colts team ever ...... he held a reunion for that 1975 team in 2009.

39 of the 53 surviving members of that team showed up at Lucas Oil Stadium for that reunion, including Bert Jones, Lydell Mitchell, Mike Curtis, John Dutton, and Fred Cook.

Irsay was a 16-year-old water-boy for the 1975 Colts.

This is Bert Jones and Lydell Mitchell at the Lucas Oil Stadium Reunion, 2009.

https://editorial01.shutterstock.com/wm-preview-450/6029932ad/244cb229/texans-colts-football-indianapolis-usa-shutterstock-editorial-6029932ad.jpg

o

Colts And Orioles
12-26-2021, 01:41 PM
o

(vs. CARDINALS, 12/25)

The injury-depleted Colts' win on national television was another giant step towards a 2021 AFC playoff berth.

o

JAFF
12-26-2021, 01:46 PM

Never too early for that

Colts And Orioles
01-09-2022, 09:58 PM
The Colts stop shooting themselves in the foot.

o

The Colts didn't stop shooting themselves in the foot ...... in fact, they amputated it in the last 2 games of the season.

o