PDA

View Full Version : Belichick

Oldcolt
12-07-2021, 10:54 AM
This asshole of a great coach is supposed to take away Pittman and stop our running game. Bullshit on that. It only happens if we let him. I can see how you can stop an individual wide receiver-just put enough defensive backs on him. I expect Pittman to have a tough time getting open, unless we commit to and actually run the freaking ball on them, no matter what they try. We have a great run blocking line, great run blocking receivers and the best back in football. WE can and should run on anyone, not matter what they try to do. It sets the tone for the whole team, including the defense. Once they realize we don't respect their freaking run defense even our shitty wide receiver corps should be able to do some damage. I want us to have an offense that bullies teams and doesn't back down and become finesse just because they are challenged by a defense. Win or lose with who we have been built to be, a hard nosed don't give a shit what you do on defense we will run the damn ball on you team. Period. The question should not be how are we going to run on Belichick's defense, it needs to be how in the hell do they stop this ground game. The answer needs to be that they don't.

HoosierinFL
12-07-2021, 01:28 PM
We need to have balance in the passing game. Someone has to step up among the WRs besides Pittman. Whether its TY, Pascal not dropping the ball, Hines or the TEs, but we have to distribute the ball well and not try and force it.

But in general if we can just run it down their throats - well I expect JT is being allowed to rest up during this bye.

Colts And Orioles
12-07-2021, 02:27 PM
o

The Bills are pissy after last night's loss ......

Sean McDermott: Let’s not Give Bill Belichick More Credit than Necessary

By Andrew Callahan)

https://www.bostonherald.com/2021/12/07/bills-coach-sean-mcdermott-lets-not-give-bill-belichick-more-credit-than-necessary/

‘They Had One Big Run.’ The Bills Weren’t Hiding Their Frustrations after Monday Night Loss to Patriots

(By Nicole Yang)

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/12/07/sports/they-had-one-big-run-bills-werent-hiding-their-frustrations-after-monday-night-loss-patriots/

o

Colts And Orioles
12-07-2021, 02:36 PM
o

The Bills are pissy after last night's loss ......

Sean McDermott: Let’s not Give Bill Belichick More Credit than Necessary

By Andrew Callahan)

https://www.bostonherald.com/2021/12/07/bills-coach-sean-mcdermott-lets-not-give-bill-belichick-more-credit-than-necessary/

‘They Had One Big Run.’ The Bills Weren’t Hiding Their Frustrations after Monday Night Loss to Patriots

(By Nicole Yang)

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/12/07/sports/they-had-one-big-run-bills-werent-hiding-their-frustrations-after-monday-night-loss-patriots/

o
o

There's a thread for this in the NFL section, since this will only be Colts-related up until (and shortly after) their nationally-televised showdown with the Patriots on December 18th.

http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135061

o

rm1369
12-07-2021, 02:53 PM
People seem to have almost a mythical belief in this offensive line. It is a great run blocking line, but the other teams players get paid too. Some of them are also pretty damn good. And that doesn’t even get into the numbers game that is a huge part of the run game. So while I agree the Colts should be able to run on most teams, there will be teams that due to talent and / or scheme the Colts simply won’t EFFECTIVELY be able to impose their will on. That’s just reality. And it’s reality for almost every team in the league, almost every year.

I personally think Belichicks best attribute as a coach is the exact opposite of what you are claiming the Colts need to do here. Rarely does he come in and say this is what we do no matter what. Offensively he says here is your biggest weakness and we are going to exploit it until you show you can stop it. Defensively he says here is where you are best so we are going to force you to prove you can win another way. It is more effective IMO than “we do what we do”.

Reich needs to know Belichick is likely scheming to do exactly what you claim he can’t do. Reich shouldn’t come into the game with the idea that they can’t run, but he needs to have the team ready and prepared to win another way if Belichick proves he has the players and a scheme capable of stopping the Colts run game. I don’t think that is nearly as impossible as you seem to think. And I think repeatedly punting and putting the Colts D out there due to trying to impose their will instead of taking what is given is a mistake. The Colts D hasn’t proven the ability to hold down decent offenses for very long. They just don’t have a D capable of playing how some of you guys want to play.

HoosierinFL
12-07-2021, 03:04 PM
BB didn't do anything special in calling those runs, frankly he clearly saw what the Colts did against them and used that approach.

ChaosTheory
12-07-2021, 03:11 PM
I'm planning to go back and watch the Titans-Pats game from a couple weeks ago. Tennessee had a monster rushing day (like 270yds). Curious how it was done.

Chromeburn
12-07-2021, 03:13 PM
It’s like no one has learned anything after playing this team for 20 years.

ChaosTheory
12-07-2021, 03:15 PM
BB didn't do anything special in calling those runs, frankly he clearly saw what the Colts did against them and used that approach.

I agree. But from what always ever heard, he meets with OC and QB and then leaves offense alone. He is the Defensive Coordinator.

That said, three pass attempts is pretty remarkable. And I bet that strategy changes if the defense doesn't show up like it did.

Colts And Orioles
12-07-2021, 03:55 PM
o

As long as we're talking about the enemy, one of their reporters has the Colts ranked 13th out of 32 teams overall in the NFL ......

14) l) The Patriots l) (9-4) ...... The Patriots are clearly in the Bills’ head. Sean McDermott & Co. continue to be tormented by Bill Belichick. And sitting atop the AFC, llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllll) they’re bound to be in plenty of other heads, as well.

13) l.. The Colts lllllll (7-6) ...... They hit their bye week by taking care of business against the Texans, and sneaking over .500. They’ll need the rest, with the llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllll,, Patriots, the Cardinals, and the Raiders on deck.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2021/12/07/guregian-week-14-nfl-power-rankings/

o

ChaosTheory
12-07-2021, 05:11 PM
Following one team at deeper than surface level is more than most will do. Having a thoughtful opinion or understanding of every team in the league is nonsense.

Lawrence Owen
12-08-2021, 01:43 PM
Bill will 'try' to stop the run, but every team in the NFL has tried to do that since week 5, and only the Colts themselves kept Taylor from having a big day.

You can't lock down a run game with loaded boxes, and double a receiver. you need more than 11 guys to do that, and even though Bill will try anything to win, I'm pretty sure the colts will point 12 men on the field to the ref's if he tries that...lol.

TB tried to shut down Taylor with 89% loaded boxes in the first 3 quarters, and Wentz threw for 300 yards on them.

I'm more worried about Stephenson and the TE's, because Indy's Defense has trouble with TE's, and big Physical RB's.

Chromeburn
12-08-2021, 02:16 PM
Bill will 'try' to stop the run, but every team in the NFL has tried to do that since week 5, and only the Colts themselves kept Taylor from having a big day.

You can't lock down a run game with loaded boxes, and double a receiver. you need more than 11 guys to do that, and even though Bill will try anything to win, I'm pretty sure the colts will point 12 men on the field to the ref's if he tries that...lol.

TB tried to shut down Taylor with 89% loaded boxes in the first 3 quarters, and Wentz threw for 300 yards on them.

I'm more worried about Stephenson and the TE's, because Indy's Defense has trouble with TE's, and big Physical RB's.

Wentz also had two influential turnovers in that span. I do not like the Judon vs Eric Fisher matchup.

The Colts defense also struggles against accurate QBs. Jones is third in the league as a rookie.

Oldcolt
12-08-2021, 04:03 PM
There are different ways to look at what Belichick does. Above all he doesn't play your game, he makes you play his. That is what I am wanting for the Colts, play your game and make the other team work it out. With the personal we have I think that our team is built to run the ball first. If NE wants to go all out to try to stop the run then of course you pass. But don't let NE take the option of running the ball away from us.

Colts And Orioles
12-08-2021, 04:27 PM
o

In my rat's ass of an opinion, the Patriots and the Colts are the 2 best teams in the AFC. The Patriots have the record to show for it, the Colts have the ability but not the record.

Before the season started, I predicted that these 2 teams would meet in the 2021 AFC Championship game ........ but the Colts must win this game in order for that scenario to have a realistic chance of coming to fruition. Falling to 7-7 and losing to yet another good team will unquestionably have the Colts on the outside looking in, needing to win all of their 3 remaining games and hoping like crazy for a lot of help. On the other hand, a win over the Patriots will have them sitting fairly pretty at 8-6 overall with a 2nd signature win of the 2021 season (the 1st was the win over the Bills.)

o

YDFL Commish
12-08-2021, 10:53 PM
I do not like the Judon vs Eric Fisher matchup.

I saw 3 Patriots get hurt Monday night, Judon, Damian Harris and Adrian Wilson. Not sure what their status will be next week, but I will not feel badly about facing a less than full strength Pats squad.

IndyNorm
12-09-2021, 09:34 PM
I'm planning to go back and watch the Titans-Pats game from a couple weeks ago. Tennessee had a monster rushing day (like 270yds). Curious how it was done.

Crazy that the Tits ran for that many yards and were still blown out. That doesn't bode well for us :cool:

YDFL Commish
12-09-2021, 10:31 PM
Crazy that the Tits ran for that many yards and were still blown out. That doesn't bode well for us :cool:

Its called complimentary football, efficient passing game, no turnovers, no sacks, no big plays given by defense and special teams.

We can play complimentary football and will need to for win.

Chromeburn
12-10-2021, 11:33 PM
Two things in our favor as NE will undoubtably play their cover 1 defense at times.

Pittman gets open 49% of the time against press man coverage. Highest in the league of ALL receivers.

The other is only two rookie TEs have averaged over 2.0 YPRR against man coverage this year. One of them is Kyle Pitts.

albany ed
12-11-2021, 09:32 AM

I don't think BB focused on stopping the Titans run game since Henry was out. He decided to take Tannenhill out of the game and he succeeded. The 4 turnovers was a bonus. Without them, who knows how this game would have turned out.

Just curious, back in the day, how did Edge do against the Pats?

Colts And Orioles
12-11-2021, 10:13 AM
I don't think that BB focused on stopping the Titans' run game, since Henry was out. He decided to take Tannenhill out of the game, and he succeeded. The 4 turnovers was a bonus. Without them, who knows how this game would have turned out ???

Just curious, back in the day, how did Edgerrin James do against the Patrots ???

o

In 10 regular season games against the Patriots, 9 of them came when he was playing for the Colts, and 1 of them came when he was playing for the Cardinals.

His teams' combined records in those 10 games were 3-7 (3-6 with the Colts, and 0-1 with the Cardinals.)

In all 10 games combined he rushed 236 times for 969 yards, for an average of 4.11 yards-per carry and 3 rushing TD's.

In his 9 games with the Colts he rushed 232 times for 950 yards, for an average of 4.10 yards-per-carry and 3 rushing TD's. In his 1 game with the Cardinals he rushed 4 times for 19 yards, for an average of 4.75 yards-per-carry and 0 rushing TD's.

In all 10 games combined he caught 33 passes for 222 yards, for an average of 6.73 yards-per catch and 2 receiving TD's.

In his 9 games with the Colts he caught 32 passes for 216 yards, for an average of 6.75 yards-per-catch and 2 receiving TD's. In his 1 game with the Cardinals he caught 1 pass times for 6 yards, for an average of 6.00 yards-per-catch and 0 TD's.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JameEd00/splits/

In 2 post-season games against the Patriots he rushed 33 times for 117 yards, for an average of 3.55 yards-per-carry and 1 rushing TD.

In the 2004 playoff game he rushed 19 times for 78 yards for an average of 4.11 yards-per carry and 1 rushing TD.

In the 2005 playoff game he rushed 14 times for 39 yards for an average of 2.79 yards-per carry and 0 rushing TD's.

In 2 post-season games against the Patriots he caught 9 passes for 82 yards, for an average of 9.11 yards-per-reception and 0 receiving TD.

In the 2004 playoff game he caught 2 passes for 13 yards, for an average of 6.50 yards-per catch and 0 receiving TD's.

In the 2005 playoff game he caught 7 passes times for 69 yards, for an average of 9.86 yards-per catch and 0 receiving TD's.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JameEd00/gamelog/post/

o

Colts And Orioles
12-11-2021, 10:26 AM
o

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm not professing to know how James played in all of those games against the Patriots, as my post doesn't take into account intangibles such as blocking, yards-after contact, clutch runs for 1st downs at key points in the game, carries that were designed to primarily run time off of the clock when the Colts had a lead late in the game, etc ...... the best that I could do was dig up his raw statistics against them in the regular season and the post-season.

o

IndyNorm
12-12-2021, 11:46 AM
I don't think BB focused on stopping the Titans run game since Henry was out. He decided to take Tannenhill out of the game and he succeeded. The 4 turnovers was a bonus. Without them, who knows how this game would have turned out.

Just curious, back in the day, how did Edge do against the Pats?

I'm sure the TOs were the big difference. Just surprised that they were able to run the ball that well and didn't put up more than 13 points, even with the TOs.

omahacolt
12-12-2021, 11:52 AM
We need to have balance in the passing game. Someone has to step up among the WRs besides Pittman. Whether its TY, Pascal not dropping the ball, Hines or the TEs, but we have to distribute the ball well and not try and force it.

But in general if we can just run it down their throats - well I expect JT is being allowed to rest up during this bye.

i don't think we have a wr capable of stepping up. hines is the only other weapon we have that can step up imo

Oldcolt
12-12-2021, 03:36 PM
i don't think we have a wr capable of stepping up. hines is the only other weapon we have that can step up imo

This is our biggest issue on offense. It is the reason we should be a run first team. I think our WRs may be able to make plays if the run sets them up with single coverage etc. Even then it is a crapshoot.

DragonTails
12-12-2021, 07:16 PM
$10,000 on NE moneyline. This game is a lock. Colts will get outcoached and outplayed.

There will be 30 posts in the first 30 mins in the game thread about how the colts aren't prepared coming off the bye.

YDFL Commish
12-12-2021, 09:15 PM
Maybe we get Parris Campbell back for this game and he's a difference maker.

Some of you guys need to stop shooting all of your jizz all over BB. If we had run the same game plan that he did against the Bucs, we probably score the same 14 pts. in a losing effort.

Racehorse
12-12-2021, 09:22 PM
$10,000 on NE moneyline. This game is a lock. Colts will get outcoached and outplayed.

There will be 30 posts in the first 30 mins in the game thread about how the colts aren't prepared coming off the bye.

Dude. We get it. You are a Patriots fan. I knew it the first time you posted on here.

JAFF
12-13-2021, 07:40 PM

Has he EVER been a difference maker for the colts? Better chance they line up Mack at starting rb and put taylor out wide. How many defenders on their D can run with him?

Chromeburn
12-13-2021, 09:34 PM
I’m more worried about our defense stopping their running game than them stopping ours. Teams don’t usually try to run heavy on us, but the Bucs exposed that a little. Can we be stout at the line for 3 downs?

Belicheat knows all he has to do is show a loaded box and we will pass. They do that most of the time now. You don’t know who is rushing.

It will be interesting if we go RPO. Since they are all about disgusinging what they are doing up front before the snap. But RPO doesn’t care about that, it reads one or two defenders post snap.

Racehorse
12-13-2021, 09:47 PM
Has he EVER been a difference maker for the colts? Better chance they line up Mack at starting rb and put taylor out wide. How many defenders on their D can run with him?

When he is in the game, he can take the top off the defense. Problem is, he is not in the game very often.

Discflinger
12-13-2021, 10:30 PM

Some of you guys need to stop shooting all of your jizz all over BB. If we had run the same game plan that he did against the Bucs, we probably score the same 14 pts. in a losing effort.

Coach said no update on PC. Probably lucky to have him by Christmas.

Colts And Orioles
12-19-2021, 12:15 AM
$10,000 on NE money-line. This game is a lock ...... the Colts will get out-coached, and out-played.

There will be 30 posts in the first 30 minutes in the game thread about how the Colts aren't prepared coming off their bye-week.

o

Too bad that you lost $10,000.

The good news is that your favorite team won the game ...... we all know how much you love the Colts.

o

Oldcolt
12-19-2021, 10:51 AM
Just a physical beat down by our whole team. New England said they were going to take away Taylor, the Colt team said fuck that. Cannot be done. We just dominated the lines most of the game. Even when we got zilch, we kept grinding them down. This is the first Colt team in decades I believe is built to win in December and January. I love the whole attitude that was the Colts this game. Pittman getting chippy was fabulous, same mental attitude as our whole offense. Wentz is a good fit. He is a mauler on those sneaks and runs. Our WR suck so much it is hard to gauge his overall game. These WRs are the biggest thing I am concerned about going forward. Still, we can beat anyone. I still think we are one year away but shit it could be this year.

DragonTails
12-19-2021, 01:35 PM
o

Too bad that you lost $10,000.

The good news is that your favorite team won the game ...... we all know how much you love the Colts.

o

I do love the colts. I've been around here longer than most of you and was a previous season ticket holder. I don't live in Indy and drink the coolaid.

I've seen enough one and dones to last a lifetime but I can live off of 2006 for a long time.

That was a great game last night and a huge win. If they could have held on vs Balt then they could be entertaining the number one seed but having the second best conf record is going to go a long way in the WC if Tenn doesn't falter. I like their chances against everyone but KC in the first round.

Sometimes I don't know what Wentz is thinking with some of those throws but he did have a few big first downs with his legs and sneaks. I would have liked to seen a few pass attempts to Taylor when he was getting bottled up- he didn't even have one.

Pittman getting ejected was BS but that what happens when you play these mf crybaby Patriots. In fact, other than that, I am shocked that the refs didn't favor the Patriots more.

Colts And Orioles
12-19-2021, 02:37 PM
I do love the colts.

o

No, you don't. People who "love the Colts" don't antagonize them as often and as consistently as you do when you post here.

I don't live in Indy and drink the coolaid.

o

I don't live in Indianapolis, either. In fact, I have never been to the state of Indiana. But almost anybody on here can attest to the fact that I criticize the Colts when they deserve it. You, on the other hand, gleefully mock them whenever they struggle and came here literally bragging that you were going to win $10,000 betting that their most hated rival would beat them easily. You're not a Colts fan.

o