PDA

View Full Version : Possible semi surprising cuts

jasperhobbs
08-08-2017, 08:31 PM
My prediction. Maybe none of them are a surprise.

Kendall Langford -salary savings and injuries a factor.

Phillip Dorsett - Just hasn't panned out.

David Parry - new additions make him expendable. Arrest record perhaps a factor.

Denzelle Good - Not a Ballard pick and limited potential.

Feel free to add your cuts

DrSpaceman
08-08-2017, 09:01 PM
Those wouldn't surprise me too much. I guess Dorsett would be the biggest of those since he is a former #1 pick.

Would TJ Green at safety count as a surprise? I can see that happening as well.

jasperhobbs
08-08-2017, 09:04 PM
I thought about adding T.J Green but I think he gets one more season to prove himself. He has good size,speed and potential.

omahacolt
08-08-2017, 10:39 PM
I thought about adding T.J Green but I think he gets one more season to prove himself. He has good size,speed and potential.

Why

Does he have potential?

FatDT
08-09-2017, 08:23 AM
Why

Does he have potential?

His size and speed are his potential.

Langford would be disappointing but if all the reports are right the DL is looking strong without him. Same for Parry but less disappointing. Though I think the DL is stronger if Langford can return healthy.

rcubed
08-09-2017, 11:18 AM
Why

Does he have potential?
depth maybe?

Pez
08-09-2017, 12:38 PM
I would like to see Dorsett stick around another year. I think his potential was hampered in his first year by a really shitty system under Pep H.

Coltsalr
08-09-2017, 12:45 PM
Sean Spence was listed third on the depth chart after being expected to possibly start. Could definitely see him getting cut.

HoosierinFL
08-09-2017, 06:06 PM
And Langford is gone so you got that on right, just in time.

1965southpaw
08-09-2017, 06:29 PM
And Langford is gone so you got that on right, just in time.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but with Langfords cut that leaves Frank Gore as the lone survivor of the 2015 Free agency splash.

Racehorse
08-09-2017, 08:29 PM
My prediction. Maybe none of them are a surprise.

Kendall Langford -salary savings and injuries a factor.

Phillip Dorsett - Just hasn't panned out.

David Parry - new additions make him expendable. Arrest record perhaps a factor.

Denzelle Good - Not a Ballard pick and limited potential.

Feel free to add your cuts

Good call!

smitty46953
08-13-2017, 04:32 PM
Sanchez should be gone

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Spike
08-13-2017, 04:59 PM
Sanchez should be gone

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yep, Sanchez should be gone ASAP!

jasperhobbs
08-28-2017, 04:45 AM
Adding Sean Spence to the list.

DrSpaceman
08-28-2017, 07:51 AM
So didn't realize until the last week or so, there are no "cut downs" anymore for the teams. Its just one cut, from 90+ or whatever number to the regular roster right before opening week.

1965southpaw
08-28-2017, 10:11 AM
Wow. Didn't see this one coming. Locke cut in favor of Sanchez and Colts eat 1.2 million contract.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/902169488409468928

sherck
08-28-2017, 10:28 AM
Wow. Didn't see this one coming. Locke cut in favor of Sanchez and Colts eat 1.2 million contract.

Agreed; I did not see it coming but....

This strikes me as the same sort of argument as Tolzien vs Morris.

On one hand, you have the experienced veteran who is probably at the peak of their NFL ability who is barely outplaying a young inexperienced player who probably has a lot of room to grow in ability.

On the other hand, you are going to get the occasional negative play out of the younger guy due to lack of experience but you hope that is far outweighed by their growth potential.

I am a bit surprised but if you think that Sanchez could also be your future PK for after Vinny retires.....(21 / 24 in college on FG attempts; 72 / 74 on PAT).

Walk Worthy,

omahacolt
08-28-2017, 11:31 AM

On one hand, you have the experienced veteran who is probably at the peak of their NFL ability who is barely outplaying a young inexperienced player who probably has a lot of room to grow in ability.

On the other hand, you are going to get the occasional negative play out of the younger guy due to lack of experience but you hope that is far outweighed by their growth potential.

I am a bit surprised but if you think that Sanchez could also be your future PK for after Vinny retires.....(21 / 24 in college on FG attempts; 72 / 74 on PAT).

Walk Worthy,to be honest

I don't think all your posts are actually walk worthy

1965southpaw
08-28-2017, 11:43 AM
I'm hearing that we traded long snapper Tom Hennessy to the Jets for one of their safeties. Didn't hear who we got o and can't find a link confirming this trade yet. Will post a link once I can find.

Here you go:

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Colts-Acquire-Safety-Ronald-Martin-In-Trade-With-Jets/eea2f8d8-535a-4260-9c40-19198af358cb

I wonder if they are doing this in preparation for a TJ Green cut?

sherck
08-28-2017, 12:21 PM
to be honest

I don't think all your posts are actually walk worthy
I did not say that I was always going to be successful of being worthy of God's love.

Just that I was going to try to be worthy. And to encourage others to do so as well.

Walk Worthy,

sherck
08-28-2017, 12:23 PM
I'm hearing that we traded long snapper Tom Hennessy to the Jets for one of their safeties. Didn't hear who we got o and can't find a link confirming this trade yet. Will post a link once I can find.

Here you go:

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Colts-Acquire-Safety-Ronald-Martin-In-Trade-With-Jets/eea2f8d8-535a-4260-9c40-19198af358cb

I wonder if they are doing this in preparation for a TJ Green cut?
I did just make a guess at a 53 man roster and with Geathers on PUP, I only had Butler, Hooker and Farley on my safety list with a big ???? in a 4th safety spot since none of the other guys have shown me anything.

I am not a huge fan of Luke Rhodes snapping since I feel like some or misplaced but management obviously sees it more than I do.

If we can get a safety whom we could actually have some confidence in....

Walk Worthy,

sherck
08-28-2017, 12:29 PM
From his 2015 Draft Profile:
Strengths: Physical, box-safety linebacker. Plays through the whistle and relishes contact. Played as an additional linebacker against physical, run-based teams in Wisconsin and Arkansas. Disengages quickly in run support and will take on blockers to keep contain when called on. Can cover tight ends and shows adequate ball skills. Reacts quickly to throws in his area. Emotional leader on the field.

Weaknesses: Average athlete with average play speed. Has coverage limitations. Struggles when asked to match up with speed in space. He's a tick slow to get through his route recognition at times. Shows some reckless traits in open field as a tackler. Steams downhill at suspect angles. Short-area change of direction issues limit him as a tackler against running backs with shake.

Draft Projection: Priority free agent

Bottom Line: Loves football and brings physicality and competitiveness to each snap. Limited in coverage and as a functional athlete. His best bet is to make it as a situational sub and core special-teamer.
Better than whom else we have at the position? I guess.

Walk Worthy,

Hoopsdoc
08-28-2017, 12:46 PM

Posted it in the wrong thread but I like this move. I think the beaner will end up being better than Locke in the long run.

rcubed
08-28-2017, 04:02 PM
so we acquire 2 safeties today? guess they are worried about depth?

jasperhobbs
08-28-2017, 08:18 PM

Walk Worthy,

Tolzien is Jim Sorgi the second.

DrSpaceman
08-28-2017, 10:07 PM
Tolzien is Jim Sorgi the second.

No, Tolzien is Curtis Painter the second.

I always thought Sorgi was a decent back up. The Colts never had to use him with anything on the line, but he did play the majority of 4 or 5 games at the end of seasons when the division or a playoff spot was wrapped up. ANd he won a couple of those games.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SorgJi00/gamelog/

I always thought if Sorgi had been the back up instead of Painter in 2009, the team still might have gone 16-0. At least they had a much better chance of it happening than they would have as it was.

Also because of Sorgi, the Colts in 2004 threw more TDs as a team than the Pats in 2007, when Brady threw 50. Sorgi tossed two and Manning 49, so as a team it was 51 to Brady's 50 since he never sat out in their whiny "how dare you punish us for cheating Part I" year.

Butter
08-28-2017, 10:13 PM
I did not say that I was always going to be successful of being worthy of God's love.

Just that I was going to try to be worthy. And to encourage others to do so as well.

Walk Worthy,

Can we just walk away from this before it becomes a thing?

sherck
08-28-2017, 10:29 PM
Can we just walk away from this before it becomes a thing?Probably not. Omaha loves to make religion a thing.

Walk Worthy,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

omahacolt
08-29-2017, 07:52 AM
Probably not. Omaha loves to make religion a thing.

Walk Worthy,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Nah

I just like making fun of people who are douchey about their religion. And if you feel the need to douche up every post you make then that seems like fair game.

sherck
08-29-2017, 09:06 AM
Nah

I just like making fun of people who are douchey about their religion. And if you feel the need to douche up every post you make then that seems like fair game.
Last note on this topic from me.

It is funny that you call someone who is merely trying to live better and encourage others to live better a derogatory name.

I put 2 words at the end of my messages and you feel the need to make a mountain out of a molehill.

But, hey, as long as you are having fun trying to belittle others based on their beliefs, then I guess that is just okay then, is it not? Just the way the game is played, right?

I just don't get the motivations of some folks in this world.

Walk Worthy,

rcubed
08-29-2017, 12:13 PM
No, Tolzien is Curtis Painter the second.

I always thought Sorgi was a decent back up. The Colts never had to use him with anything on the line, but he did play the majority of 4 or 5 games at the end of seasons when the division or a playoff spot was wrapped up. ANd he won a couple of those games.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SorgJi00/gamelog/

I always thought if Sorgi had been the back up instead of Painter in 2009, the team still might have gone 16-0. At least they had a much better chance of it happening than they would have as it was.

Also because of Sorgi, the Colts in 2004 threw more TDs as a team than the Pats in 2007, when Brady threw 50. Sorgi tossed two and Manning 49, so as a team it was 51 to Brady's 50 since he never sat out in their whiny "how dare you punish us for cheating Part I" year.
Sorgi was a pretty decent backup. However, I still remember the look on his face when manning told him to "get ready" after he hurt his thumb against the pats in the playoff game. I am pretty sure sorgi pooped himself a little.

DrSpaceman
08-29-2017, 12:17 PM
Sorgi was a pretty decent backup. However, I still remember the look on his face when manning told him to "get ready" after he hurt his thumb against the pats in the playoff game. I am pretty sure sorgi pooped himself a little.

Well yeah, wouldn't any back up?

Anyone back up going in the game at that time would have been shocked.

rcubed
08-29-2017, 05:11 PM
Well yeah, wouldn't any back up?

Anyone back up going in the game at that time would have been shocked.
agree. It was just a funny moment that I remember from that season.

smitty46953
08-29-2017, 05:46 PM
agree. It was just a funny moment that I remember from that season.

Who me ??? :cool: