PDA

View Full Version : The official “Rivers gets fisted in Pittsburgh” game day thread.

Pages : 1 [2]

Dewey 5
12-27-2020, 05:33 PM
Hopefully Eberflus gets a HC job. I wouldn't lose a bit of sleep.

Oldcolt
12-27-2020, 05:37 PM
Colts are a middling team.

Spike
12-27-2020, 05:39 PM
Terrible. Maybe a silver lining is this forces them not to bring Rivers back. They’re not winning anything meaningful with him anyway.

Rivers did ok this year, but he is not going to win us a SB. Need a good QB who has scrambling ability. Real disappointed in our 2nd half defense mostly though. Two big mistakes cost us the game today besides the fucking refs, Glow's stupid penalty and the Rivers fumble.

Hoopsdoc
12-27-2020, 05:43 PM
I think if Cleveland or Miami losses next week and the Colts win, the Colts make the playoffs.

The Steelers clinched the north today but they’re still tied with Buffalo for the 2 seed if the Bills beat New England tomorrow. They’ll have plenty to play for against the Browns next week.

And the Dolphins play the Bills next week.

With both the Steelers and Bills looking for the 2 seed, there’s a decent chance at least one of those teams win.

That’s assuming the Bills beat the Patriots tomorrow, of course.

Puck
12-27-2020, 05:46 PM
No idea how anyone puts this loss on Rivers. If you do you're a retard

Hoopsdoc
12-27-2020, 05:51 PM
No idea how anyone puts this loss on Rivers. If you do you're a retard

I think he did alright considering the circumstances.

Puck
12-27-2020, 05:53 PM
Rivers did ok this year, but he is not going to win us a SB. Need a good QB who has scrambling ability. Real disappointed in our 2nd half defense mostly though. Two big mistakes cost us the game today besides the fucking refs, Glow's stupid penalty and the Rivers fumble.

The penalty was iffy. The fumble was nothing but a great play by the steeler D. Not Rivers fault

Oldcolt
12-27-2020, 06:01 PM
Agreed Rivers didn't lose the game for us. Issue is, is that what you want out of your quarterback, not causing us to lose a game. I want a quarterback that wins you games like this that you would otherwise have lost. Don't think Rivers is that guy anymore. Think we need a quarterback.

Dewey 5
12-27-2020, 06:02 PM
clean house? LOL Are you fucking serious?

In regards to the coaching staff, yes.

Puck
12-27-2020, 06:03 PM
Agreed Rivers didn't lose the game for us. Issue is, is that what you want out of your quarterback, not causing us to lose a game. I want a quarterback that wins you games like this that you would otherwise have lost. Don't think Rivers is that guy anymore. Think we need a quarterback.

Missing BOTH starting tackles.

Give me THIS team healthy in the playoffs and we can beat anyone

Puck
12-27-2020, 06:04 PM

Chuck... is that you?

Oldcolt
12-27-2020, 06:11 PM

I agree with you about that. If the offensive line and defense play up to there potential we can beat anyone. Doubt that will happen but it is the only way we win it all. I want there to be more ways to win and one of those ways needs to be the quarterback in my opinion. Down by four with less than two minutes you need a better qb than Rivers to feel any sort of comfort in winning. You may get a one off with someone with Rivers current ability and I hope we do this year. Just think we need to have better than Rivers back there.

Puck
12-27-2020, 06:16 PM
I agree with you about that. If the offensive line and defense play up to there potential we can beat anyone. Doubt that will happen but it is the only way we win it all. I want there to be more ways to win and one of those ways needs to be the quarterback in my opinion. Down by four with less than two minutes you need a better qb than Rivers to feel any sort of comfort in winning. You may get a one off with someone with Rivers current ability and I hope we do this year. Just think we need to have better than Rivers back there.

Who? Who is better than Rivers that is available to us?

Oldcolt
12-27-2020, 06:21 PM
He may be the best option, I will give you that. If he is then, for the reasons I said above, I think that would not be a good thing. We really are disagreeing over one year. Either way the front office is going to have to replace this guy soon. I have no idea what their thinking is. I just hope that it isn't rolling with Rivers one more year.

Puck
12-27-2020, 06:27 PM
He may be the best option, I will give you that. If he is then, for the reasons I said above, I think that would not be a good thing. We really are disagreeing over one year. Either way the front office is going to have to replace this guy soon. I have no idea what their thinking is. I just hope that it isn't rolling with Rivers one more year.

Won't disagree with you on this point. BUT. currently he is the best option. So until a better option is available i'm good with Rivers. And i doubt we will find a better replacement next yr unless its Rogers and we all know that aint happening

This Colts team in the playoffs is a team no one wants to face. We actually may be the only team in the AFC that can take down the Chiefs when were healthy

Ironshaft
12-27-2020, 06:30 PM
I forgot.

I forgot that while the fans and players want a level playing field to just win or lose based on the play on the field, the NFL has its narrative its needs pushed.

In 2nd half of PIT game, the refs completely shoved the scale down on the side of the Steelers.

I forgot that the NFL has a narrative and having a 39 year old QB who has never sniffed post-season success win today was not in that narrative.

I hate forgetting that unless we have a HoF QB on the roster, we are the Washington Generals, not the Globetrotters.

We need to try to draft out next young HoF QB so we can be in the NFL narrative again.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Puck
12-27-2020, 06:32 PM
I forgot.

I forgot that while the fans and players want a level playing field to just win or lose based on the play on the field, the NFL has its narrative its needs pushed.

In 2nd half of PIT game, the refs completely shoved the scale down on the side of the Steelers.

I forgot that the NFL has a narrative and having a 39 year old QB who has never sniffed post-season success win today was not in that narrative.

I hate forgetting that unless we have a HoF QB on the roster, we are the Washington Generals, not the Globetrotters.

We need to try to draft out next young HoF QB so we can be in the NFL narrative again.

Pick a thread Mfer

JAFF
12-27-2020, 06:32 PM

That and a candy bar and you have a loss and a candy bar

Ironshaft
12-27-2020, 06:33 PM
Pick a thread MferAnd a happy holidays to you too, Puck!

Maniac
12-27-2020, 06:34 PM

A team with a 100 year old QB getting to 10 and possibly 11 wins and you want to clean house on the coaching staff? Step away from the ledge for a bit.

Maniac
12-27-2020, 06:37 PM
I want to see the defense start playing a full game. They have far too many games where they play bad one half and great the other half, probably due to having a lot of young players in the secondary.

Also, Rock Ya-Sin can get the fuck off this team.

albany ed
12-27-2020, 06:49 PM
Who? Who is better than Rivers that is available to us?

Do you think Stafford will be available?

Puck
12-27-2020, 06:52 PM

No but I wanted him last yr. Now I dont think he is better than Rivers is

Hoopsdoc
12-27-2020, 07:09 PM
No but I wanted him last yr. Now I dont think he is better than Rivers is

Stafford is way better than Rivers.

Chaka
12-27-2020, 07:35 PM
You suck Burton

Burton has been a problem all season. His hands just aren't good enough.

Dewey 5
12-27-2020, 07:42 PM

Stafford & Matt Ryan will probably be available. Of the two I would prefer Stafford.

Chromeburn
12-27-2020, 07:43 PM
Won't disagree with you on this point. BUT. currently he is the best option. So until a better option is available i'm good with Rivers. And i doubt we will find a better replacement next yr unless its Rogers and we all know that aint happening

This Colts team in the playoffs is a team no one wants to face. We actually may be the only team in the AFC that can take down the Chiefs when were healthy

There is a draft every year. Pick a QB and go after him. I don't fault the fumble on Rivers, thats us missing our tackles. But his play at the end of the game was erratic and he should have thrown a couple INT's. Pascal was open there at the end and he flubbed the pass. Gonna have to find a young thrower because there will come games the QB will have to win it at the end.

Chromeburn
12-27-2020, 07:48 PM
Or just clean house. This team is gutless.

I don't think we need to do that. But we are still missing pieces on this team. A dominant pass rusher, a shutdown corner, going to need a replacement for Castonzo, a number one wideout, and of course need to find our QB of the future.

omahacolt
12-27-2020, 09:04 PM
B on the title

Thorgrim
12-27-2020, 09:51 PM
Or just clean house. This team is gutless.

I like our nucleus but there are a few gutless players who need to go. Rock has no business being on this roster let alone being a starter. When coaches reward bad play I begin to question their judgement. Push a few folks down the depth chart, cut loose those who are just picking up a paycheck, take a hard look at coaching and this team can contend for a title.

Brylok
12-27-2020, 10:26 PM
I turned it off early, as I've seen this too many times before. I'm still disgusted. Key players were out injured, but questions still need to be asked.

Colts And Orioles
12-28-2020, 12:06 AM
o

The Colts can win the division if the Titans lose to the Packers and the Texans. They will most likely beat the Texans next week, but I would never bet against DeShaun Watson and company. When he is healthy, they are always dangerous.

o
o

The Packers won.

As a team overall, I think that the Colts looked better against the Steelers today than the Titans looked against the Packers just now.

o

apballin
12-28-2020, 12:19 AM
o

The Packers won.

As a team overall, I think that the Colts looked better against the Steelers today than the Titans looked against the Packers just now.

o

Still no fucking excuse for that choke job we should be sitting atop the division, largest comeback in Tomlins career, why the fuck is Willis on the goddam punt team???

Reich is clearly trying to showcase his buddy old man Rivers when it should clearly be Taylor and it’s killing us against good teams and has killed us all year

Colts And Orioles
12-28-2020, 03:11 PM

Give me THIS TEAM healthy in the playoffs, and we can beat anyone.

o

As an extremely biased observer/avid Colts fan, my first reaction to this loss to the Steelers was "This team fucking sucks. They blew a 17-point lead in a game that was of the utmost importance."

After taking a step back from the proverbial ledge, I believe that this post from Puck is more based in reality than other posts which proclaim that this loss is proof that Rivers is completely washed-up, and that the Colts are no better than an average team (neither of which I believe to be true.)

o

njcoltfan
12-28-2020, 04:27 PM
o

As an extremely biased observer/avid Colts fan, my first reaction to this loss to the Steelers was "This team fucking sucks. They blew a 17-point lead in a game that was of the utmost importance."

After taking a step back from the proverbial ledge, I believe that this post from Puck is more based in reality than other posts which proclaim that this loss is proof that Rivers is completely washed-up, and that the Colts are no better than an average team (neither of which I believe to be true.)

o
I’ve been a Colts fan since ‘57, and I can’t remember a bigger collapse. I’m sure there have been a few, but I can’t recall one. Maybe C&O or Albany can jog my memory.

Colts And Orioles
12-28-2020, 04:54 PM
o

o

I’ve been a Colts fan since ‘57, and I can’t remember a bigger collapse. I’m sure there have been a few, but I can’t recall one. Maybe C&O or Albany can jog my memory.

o

5 years before I was born in 1960, this was a historically heartbreaking loss for the Colts. The "collapse" was not in terms of blowing a big lead, but rather that of throwing a game away in the final seconds ....... immediately after the Colts had seemingly pulled off a miracle comeback of their own. With only 14 seconds to play, Johnny Unitas threw what appeared to be the winning 31-yard TD pass to Lenny Moore. Moore made a leaping grab for that TD, and it looked the Colts had stolen the game from the Lions ...... until those last 14 seconds were played.

With many fans literally coming onto and crowding the field while the game was still in progress in those final 14 seconds, it was somewhat of a version of 1982's "The Play" between California and Stanford.

Lions Stun Colts with 65-Yard TD on Last Play

(By Keith Yowell)

https://fs64sports.blogspot.com/2012/12/1960-lions-stun-colts-with-65-yard-td.html

o

njcoltfan
12-28-2020, 05:10 PM
o

5 years before I was born in 1960, this was a historically heartbreaking loss for the Colts. The "collapse" was not in terms of blowing a big lead, but rather that of throwing a game away in the final seconds ....... immediately after the Colts had seemingly pulled off a miracle comeback of their own. With only 14 seconds to play, Johnny Unitas threw what appeared to be the winning 31-yard TD pass to Lenny Moore. Moore made a leaping grab for that TD, and it looked the Colts had stolen the game from the Lions ...... until those last 14 seconds were played.

With many fans literally coming onto and crowding the field while the game was still in progress in those final 14 seconds, it was somewhat of a version of 1982's "The Play" between California and Stanford.

Lions Stun Colts with 65-Yard TD on Last Play

(By Keith Yowell)

https://fs64sports.blogspot.com/2012/12/1960-lions-stun-colts-with-65-yard-td.html

o
Thanks, I barely remember that game, the newspaper article was really good, Unitas, Donovan, Lipscome, Moore and Ameche... brings back some good memories.

Dewey 5
12-28-2020, 06:25 PM
Rock Ya-Suck never needs to see the field ever again.

Him along with Ben Banogu where horrible picks by Ballard.

Mr. Session
12-28-2020, 06:32 PM

Banogu could just be a rumor, I don't think I've ever seen him.

I think Rock could make some $ at Nickelback. He's physical, willing to tackle, and isn't afraid of making plays on the ball. The problem is Moore is a better Nickel back.

I'm hopeful Ballard can fool someone into a trade next year.

apballin
12-28-2020, 06:41 PM

I refuse to call him that his name is Charmin ya sin in my household

Dewey 5
12-28-2020, 08:50 PM
Kevin Hickey
Sun, December 27, 2020, 5:01 PM CST

The Indianapolis Colts (10-5) imploded on Sunday en route to a 28-24 loss against the Pittsburgh Steelers (12-3) and while much of it was of their own doing, there are plenty of questions surrounding the officiating.

One player who had questions for the officials after the game was Colts linebacker Darius Leonard, who blasted the officials for two questionable calls against the Indy.

Leonard mentioned the questionable defensive pass interference calls against cornerbacks Kenny Moore and T.J. Carrie.

Zak Keefer
@zkeefer
·
Dec 27
Darius Leonard on the DPI on Kenny Moore (replay showed the ball was tipped): "That was a terrible call, I don’t care, that was awful ... and the one against TJ (Carrie), that was a great play by TJ. If you're gonna call the one on TJ, you gotta call the one against TY."
The officials aren’t the only reason the Colts blew a 17-point lead in the second half of the game, but there were certainly some calls that left everyone scratching their heads. There was even a non-offensive pass interference call when Chase Claypool tackled Carrie on what could have been a pick-six before the ball even arrived.

Every game there are calls that are questionable, but there were a few more in this game that shifted the tide a bit, and Leonard didn’t mince his words in the postgame interviews.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/darius-leonard-blasts-officials-questionable-230127869.html

Butter
12-29-2020, 01:57 AM
We lost the game because Reich can't come up with a solid game plan for two halves. We ran all over them in the first and fucking abandoned it in the second. The refs fucked us, they called ticky tacky shit on the colts all second half, while ignoring the same shit the steelers did. Deplorable. Rivers has been OK, but not having our tackles and losing the better back up one fucked us hard with sloth of a QB. Fuck the Stealers.

Maniac
12-29-2020, 10:52 AM
We lost the game because Reich can't come up with a solid game plan for two halves. We ran all over them in the first and fucking abandoned it in the second. The refs fucked us, they called ticky tacky shit on the colts all second half, while ignoring the same shit the steelers did. Deplorable. Rivers has been OK, but not having our tackles and losing the better back up one fucked us hard with sloth of a QB. Fuck the Stealers.

The game plan wasn't good, but honestly if the o-lineman didn't push his guy in the back on that Hines 60+ yard play, I think the Colts definitely win that game. The refs were bad, but don't help them by doing stupid shit like that on a huge play.

Chromeburn
12-29-2020, 01:01 PM
https://www.stampedeblue.com/2020/12/27/22201881/highlights-from-week-16-colts-vs-steelers

Stampede Blue did a decent write up on the game. Glowinski's defender turned his back after he was blocked from the front. That isn't a foul and that is on the refs. He only saw the end of the play.

Hoopsdoc
12-29-2020, 01:47 PM
And the Steelers just announced that Rudolph is starting Sunday against the Browns. They’ll be resting other starters as well.

They’re screwing us twice in 3 days.

njcoltfan
12-29-2020, 02:58 PM
And the Steelers just announced that Rudolph is starting Sunday against the Browns. They’ll be resting other starters as well.

The Colts screwed themselves on Sunday, a playoff team doesn’t collapse like they did, they don’t belong in the playoffs.

Colts And Orioles
12-29-2020, 03:11 PM

The Colts screwed themselves on Sunday, a playoff team doesn’t collapse like they did, they don’t belong in the playoffs.

o

I believe that the Titans belong in the playoffs a lot less than the Colts belong in them.

With a chance to clinch the division title with a win, the Titans looked like a 5-11 team against the Packers. The Colts beat the Packers earlier this season.

I agree that the Colts choked the game away against the Steelers is sorrowful fashion on Sunday, but in the overall scheme of things they went toe-to-toe with one of the best teams in the AFC while playing without both of their starting offensive tackles.

For perhaps a less biased view than my own rat's ass of an opinion ....... the Green Bay Packers may very well wind up representing the NFC in the upcoming Super Bowl. I would venture to guess that there isn't a Packers player, a Packers coach, or a Packers fan on the planet that would rather play the Colts in the Super Bowl than the Titans.

I'm not necessarily saying that either the Colts or the Titans will make it to the Super Bowl, but rather that if the Packers and their entourage had a choice of facing one or the other in a game that could net them their 2nd world championship in the Aaron Rodgers era, they would choose playing against the Titans every day of the week.

o

Dewey 5
12-29-2020, 06:12 PM

Along with losing to the worst team in the NFL.

JAFF
12-29-2020, 09:51 PM
Have the colts had a signature win this season?

The Steelers did what they needed to do, and protecting their players is the privilege they earned by winng.

rcubed
12-29-2020, 10:44 PM
Have the colts had a signature win this season?

The Steelers did what they needed to do, and protecting their players is the privilege they earned by winng.

Week 10 vs Ten
Or
Week 11 vs GB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk