PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys

omahacolt
08-24-2020, 08:45 AM
3 weeks away from colts football. Is anyone excited or are you like me and just not into it yet. Never thought I would miss the preseason this much.

Pez
08-24-2020, 09:06 AM
I'm ridiculously into it.

Yes, I know Madden is dumb, but I was cleaning the basement sunday, and I queued up a game with 15 min quarters, colts vs steelers in light rain, with the CPU Playing both teams. When you do that, it changes the view to "spectator view" where you see the game from the standard TV side angle.

I was doing chores, but I found it oddly compelling to walk by and keep track of the score. I really want to see some real football. (Colts won, 21-17 btw)

I'm looking forward to:

- finding out that Philip Rivers is perhaps Less a douchebag than I have always thought he is.
- another year of experience on our OL.
- I'm looking forward to Buckner at DT.
- Another year of Kenny Moore's development
- Johnathan Taylor
- fsking Rock Ya Sin having an injury free year
- Pittman's first TD

Ironshaft
08-24-2020, 10:29 AM
- finding out that Philip Rivers is perhaps Less a douchebag than I have always thought he is.....

He is not.

He is just our douchebag! :)

Indystu2
08-24-2020, 10:57 AM
Sadly, I am not really into it this year. I might listen to the radio broadcasts of Colts games, but I am inclined to pass on the TV this year.

rcubed
08-24-2020, 11:32 AM
Have yet to get i to it. I keep forgetting about the new players I am supposed to be excited about. Hoping thats changes when the season starts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

omahacolt
08-24-2020, 01:43 PM
Sadly, I am not really into it this year. I might listen to the radio broadcasts of Colts games, but I am inclined to pass on the TV this year.

Screw that. I will still watch them all.

RCAChainGang
08-24-2020, 01:48 PM
Counting down the days

Colts And Orioles
08-24-2020, 03:15 PM
o

If the Colts are playing, I'm into it.

One thing that I hope does not happen (but very well might) is for the Colts to go something like 4-1 or 5-2 to start the season, and then have a major COVID outbreak on several teams that would put the entire season in jeopardy.

o

daedge
08-24-2020, 04:25 PM
I'm well into it. Nothing will stop me from setting my alarm for 5am to watch live on Monday mornings here in NZ.

YDFL Commish
08-24-2020, 05:25 PM
Really pumped, because of how good I think this team can. Also, such a departure from the fiery Rivers to the laid back casual Brissett.

daedge
08-24-2020, 06:55 PM
Really pumped, because of how good I think this team can. Also, such a departure from the fiery Rivers to the laid back casual Brissett.

I went over a few games from last season the other day. Let's just say I'm glad Jacoby isn't our starter anymore. Painful.

Chromeburn
08-24-2020, 07:47 PM
I’m getting there. I think Parris will breakout this year. Okereke, ya sin, and yes Hooker too.

I was going to go see them, but had to nix that unfortunately.

Brylok
08-25-2020, 03:10 AM
3 weeks away from colts football. Is anyone excited or are you like me and just not into it yet. Never thought I would miss the preseason this much.
Yeah, I'm curious but not into it yet. Fanless games with fake crowd noise is really weird. The eniveitible sickness/deaths are worse. I don't miss preseason at all tbh.

Oldcolt
08-25-2020, 11:06 AM
I will watch, but I'm not as into baseball or basketball this year so I think my enthusiasm will be down a lot. I enjoy the buildup to the season and the in between games almost as much as the games. For me there is no 'build up' to the games and I will miss that. COVID is just another 'injury' wild card that everyone hates.

apballin
08-25-2020, 04:04 PM
Fuck yes I’m into it can’t wait to get some normalcy back

daedge
08-25-2020, 04:20 PM
Fuck yes I’m into it can’t wait to get some normalcy back

Too right. Any sport during these mad times is welcome.

omahacolt
08-26-2020, 01:38 PM
Yeah, I'm curious but not into it yet. Fanless games with fake crowd noise is really weird. The eniveitible sickness/deaths are worse. I don't miss preseason at all tbh.

Missing preseason is mainly just that really used to get me ready for the season. I don’t miss the actual play of preseason games

Pez
08-26-2020, 02:15 PM
I don't miss the 2-3 key injuries in 4 (two too many) preseason games.

Kray007
09-06-2020, 07:14 PM
I've been watching the Colts play since 1968. Some great years and memories in that time. But, there have been lows too numerous to list. So, all I have to say is that, if I was willing to watch the Colts in the age of Frank Kush, I surely am willing to watch them in the age of Covid.

Kray007
09-06-2020, 07:16 PM
I went over a few games from last season the other day. Let's just say I'm glad Jacoby isn't our starter anymore. Painful.

How much better will pass blocking be with a QB who can actually recognize the blitz?

Brylok
09-06-2020, 09:33 PM
Missing preseason is mainly just that really used to get me ready for the season. I don’t miss the actual play of preseason games

Me neither. Special teams might be interesting this year without having a preseason to sort the kids out. There's probably gonna be some skid marks, but it will happen league wide.

omahacolt
09-07-2020, 09:50 PM
Me neither. Special teams might be interesting this year without having a preseason to sort the kids out. There's probably gonna be some skid marks, but it will happen league wide.

I would guess a lot of turn overs as well to start the season

Brylok
09-08-2020, 09:04 PM

Agree

Chromeburn
09-09-2020, 11:59 AM

A lot of blown assignements, so more big plays perhaps also.