PDA

View Full Version : Colts future QB plans

jasperhobbs
04-24-2020, 12:17 PM
Who knows if the colts did try to trade up to get Jordan Love or not. They still could draft a QB in this draft like Jacob Eason. I am thinking they are not getting their future QB in this draft and no way they are planning on Briskett after Rivers is done.

I am wondering what the plan is for the future at the quarterback position. Maybe 2021 is a strong QB draft class.

ZionsvilleColtsFan
04-24-2020, 12:24 PM
Would like to see Colts draft Jalen Hurts as Rivers is a short term "fix"....

jasperhobbs
04-24-2020, 12:25 PM

I would like to see Hurts on the colts roster too. It would be nice if he would drop to the 3rd round as the colts need to draft a WR and an offensive tackle in round 2.

Dam8610
04-24-2020, 02:55 PM
Jalen Hurts might fit the Taysom Hill role if the Colts were looking to add that, but he's not going to be the solution at QB in the short term future. If the Colts are going to draft a QB, I'd prefer they wait until Day 3 and grab Anthony Gordon. Less investment, less risk, higher payoff potential, and the investment doesn't prohibit making a larger investment in the position next year or later.

JAFF
04-24-2020, 03:11 PM
So, no one is buying in on Kelly?

Racehorse
04-24-2020, 03:40 PM

Only on the fan pages of Facebook

rcubed
04-24-2020, 04:15 PM
no thanks.

Brylok
04-24-2020, 04:44 PM

Hurts is intriguing to me. Y'all know wayyy more about this stuff than I do, but what I saw of him at bama and Oklahoma, Hurts looked pretty good.

Dam8610
04-24-2020, 04:52 PM

Too much risk in the profile. Part of why I like Gordon is he appears to be a hard worker. Put him in an NFL strength and conditioning program to improve his arm, have him work his ass off in the film room to improve his decision making, and fix the small mechanical issues he occasionally has (Reich is supposed to be a QB guru so this should be doable) and you might get a top end starting QB out of him. Gordon has escapability and ball placement you don't often see outside of round 1, and everything I've read about him suggests his work ethic is top notch. Watching his film, the comparison I keep coming up with is a poor man's Drew Brees (because the arm strength isn't there but the throw accuracy very much is, and Brees had a much weaker arm coming out of Purdue) with escapability traits more in line with Russell Wilson (in terms of extending plays and turning broken plays into positive ones). I'm not saying he'll be anywhere near as good as either of those guys, all I'm saying is the traits exist and that I believe he could be the best value in the draft. It also helps that the Colts offensive system is similar.

Racehorse
04-24-2020, 05:10 PM
Too much risk in the profile. Part of why I like Gordon is he appears to be a hard worker. Put him in an NFL strength and conditioning program to improve his arm, have him work his ass off in the film room to improve his decision making, and fix the small mechanical issues he occasionally has (Reich is supposed to be a QB guru so this should be doable) and you might get a top end starting QB out of him. Gordon has escapability and ball placement you don't often see outside of round 1, and everything I've read about him suggests his work ethic is top notch. Watching his film, the comparison I keep coming up with is a poor man's Drew Brees (because the arm strength isn't there but the throw accuracy very much is, and Brees had a much weaker arm coming out of Purdue) with escapability traits more in line with Russell Wilson (in terms of extending plays and turning broken plays into positive ones). I'm not saying he'll be anywhere near as good as either of those guys, all I'm saying is the traits exist and that I believe he could be the best value in the draft. It also helps that the Colts offensive system is similar.
I like him, Morgan, or Fromm

Dam8610
04-24-2020, 05:25 PM
Hurts is intriguing to me. Y'all know wayyy more about this stuff than I do, but what I saw of him at bama and Oklahoma, Hurts looked pretty good.

My problem with Hurts is that his accuracy SUCKS. To me, accuracy is the most important trait of a QB. I also think it's a very good predictor of NFL QB success. Hurts doesn't have it.

Hoopsdoc
04-24-2020, 06:42 PM
I feel like they’ll take a quarterback at some point in this draft.

YDFL Commish
04-24-2020, 07:06 PM
I feel like they’ll take a quarterback at some point in this draft.

I'm an OU fan and watched every game form Hurts last season. My take is that he's a tad better than Brissett as a passer and much more athletic. Sort of similar to Lamar Jackson, except Hurts is as strong as a horse.

Give him a year or two to develop and we could have something.

Colts And Orioles
04-24-2020, 08:04 PM
Colts Future QB Plans ???

o

If I were to make a deal with Mr. Rourke on Fantasy Island, I would say Philip Rivers to lead the Colts to a division title and a playoff appearance in 2020, and Andrew Luck to return from retirement in 2021 to lead the Colts to a berth in the Super Bowl against the NFC champion.

o

Ironshaft
04-24-2020, 08:40 PM
o

If I were to make a deal with Mr. Rourke on Fantasy Island, I would say Philip Rivers to lead the Colts to a division title and a playoff appearance in 2020, and Andrew Luck to return from retirement in 2021 to lead the Colts to a berth in the Super Bowl against the NFC champion.

oAndrew Luck in 2021?

Naw, man. Aaron Rodgers as the Colts QB in 2021!!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

YDFL Commish
04-24-2020, 08:49 PM
I know a lot are going to think I'm crazy, but I like Fromm more than Eason. Fromm may not have a strong arm, but he throws with anticipation.

He's the anti-Brissett and more like Drew Brees.

nate505
04-24-2020, 08:56 PM
I know a lot are going to think I'm crazy, but I like Fromm more than Eason. Fromm may not have a strong arm, but he throws with anticipation.

He's the anti-Brissett and more like Drew Brees.

I don't like either all that much, but I agree. If they spend a 3rd or 4th round pick on one I'd prefer it be Fromm.